• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven117

Hi everyone. I, too, will be taking a break from Era.

Its just a bit much when people start to actively shit on people for liking the game or acknowledging the hard work that went into it. That aint it.

I think there are some shitty things in Cyberpunk and I acknowledge that, I am still going to play the game and hopefully enjoy it. I don't need someone taking a shit on me for doing so.

I am conflicted, I'm a lefty, always will be. I likely won't engage in much political talk here as I disagree with a lot of takes here but I am hoping I can come here and talk about games. Sometimes I just wanna talk games and its becoming increasingly hard to do so over there. They are pissed off at anyone who is excited for the game. That Shinobi nonsense drives me insane.

I find it scary that people actually think BC was some kind of Trojan horse assigned to tearing the forum apart from the middle. Crazy.

Anyhow, I hope you all enjoy the game. 👍
Plenty of video games to talk about on this forum if that's all you want. That said, you would be welcome in Politics Gaf if you ever decide to venture on over.

Welcome to Gaf.

Raven117

I'm hoping for 27 before any pauses. These free jannies have to be exhausted too so I hope they post it and ignore the thread as it explodes so they can "fail" the community again.
That line will always make me laugh a little bit "failed the community" (by not locking a thread).

Vire

I mean you had to have seen this coming right? You’ll find a range of differing opinions on here. But there’s plenty of people on the left (myself included) who fight for the equality of transgender people and other minorities in actual real life - not on a gaming forum. In the real world. That site has been obviously toxic as a community for quite some time.
Absolutely, I just think this was the straw that broke the camels back. I think this will definitely be the largest influx of users since the initial exodus in 2017.

Last edited:
T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
dpN2OLz.png

people already being canceled for....enjoying the game lol

Imagine expecting a streamer who does it for a career to skip the biggest game of the year just to keep their forum happy.

tenor.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even know what ResetEra is.

Chittagong

Gold Member
The most incredible thing of this is that I can not come up with a scenario for managing Cyberpunk that would have gone more wrong for Era

A - Ban the game. Sure lose some traffic, but it’s just one big game, not end of the world. Rule, it’s clear cut, simple to explain with woke solidarity

B - Ban the screeching troons. There is about 10 of them kicking shit up and like banning Ketkat resulted in no real damage, they could have kept 99% of their users and had none of this mayhem

Instead the madmen allowed both discussion and screeching, which lead into a spiral of ban baiting, Twitter history combing, a mod post encouraging people to snitch suspected Trumpers, Shinobi getting purity tested, a negative reviews only thread that lasted a page or two, banning graphics benchmarks, and best of all Kyujji running the ship.

This is all and so much more than I ever dared to dream of

so-beautiful.gif

Last edited:

Green Saber

The most incredible thing of this is that I can not come up with a scenario for managing Cyberpunk that would have gone more wrong for Era

A - Ban the game. Sure lose some traffic, but it’s just one big gsme, nit end of the world. Rule, it’s clear cut, simple to explain with woke solidarity

B - Ban the screeching troons. There is about 10 of them kicking shit up and like banning Ketkat resulted in no real damage, they could have kept 99% of their users and had none of this mayhem

Instead the madmen allowed both discussion and screeching, which lead into a spiral of ban baiting, Twitter history combing, a mod post encouraging people to snitch suspected Trumpers, Shinobi getting purity tested, a negative reviews only thread that lasted a page or two, banning graphics benchmarks, and best of all Kyujji running the ship.

so-beautiful.gif
It has been glorious.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Absolutely, I just think this was the straw that broke the camels back. I think this will definitely be the largest influx of users since the initial exodus in 2017.

I initially left to go to Resetera during 2017 after being on GAF since my account was created here - not because of politics or the landscape of what happened, but just because that's where it seemed like everyone was going and I was interested in the gaming leaks/news; however, I'm now firmly back here after this weekend's events regardless if gaming stuff is still at the forefront there with breaking news (it's not though, because I think a lot of insiders have left since).

It's crazy how they just let their political beliefs start overtaking gaming in general, to the point that games are now given some weird purity test before they are worthy of discussion.

they are just insulating themselves and pushing away all the normal posters.

they want to live in some fantasy world where everyone is trans......everyone has anime avatars and pick and choose who they want to cancel or what to get offended by on that day.

That place is becoming a weird clique of fat white virgin neckbeards pretending to be women and trolling and harassing everyone else. And if u are not with them u are against them and are given the scarlett letter and are marked for attack. Its all very scientology like.

Kayhan

So anyone that had something positive to say about Black Chamber is an evil POS. But Android Sophia....who stuck up for him multiple times and vouched personally for BC....is immune???
I put absolutely zero of the blame for what happened here on Android Sophia.

B-Dubs on the other hand...

Android Sophia is made to look like a fool if you believe BC was some kind of long game alt-right Trojan horse.....but that is bullshit so she seemed to have been totally fair until ResetEra decided to throw him under the bus and that was game over.

Last edited:

lunnuyu

Now they are mad at this Hasan Twitch streamer who let them down. Apparently Hasan is a super lefty streamer and he said the game wasn't transphobic now live on Twitch, and REEEEEE is saying he`s ill informed in the topic and they are disappointed on a deep personal level :cry:

I'm sure he'll cry over the 5-10 TransEra users who will stop watching his livestreams

vrwQYpd.jpg

Its just a bit much when people start to actively shit on people for liking the game or acknowledging the hard work that went into it. That aint it.

I think there are some shitty things in Cyberpunk and I acknowledge that, I am still going to play the game and hopefully enjoy it. I don't need someone taking a shit on me for doing so.

I am conflicted, I'm a lefty, always will be. I likely won't engage in much political talk here as I disagree with a lot of takes here but I am hoping I can come here and talk about games. Sometimes I just wanna talk games and its becoming increasingly hard to do so over there. They are pissed off at anyone who is excited for the game. That Shinobi nonsense drives me insane.

I find it scary that people actually think BC was some kind of Trojan horse assigned to tearing the forum apart from the middle. Crazy.

One of the best parts here is the politics forum being its own thing. You can engage specific threads and politics is largely kept out of gaming/OT as well as moderately mod enforced. It's a good format and one I enjoy since GAF > ERA > back to GAF.

lmimmfn

And we have 2 more wonderful days of this

The REEEEE world of lollipops and rainbows is so wonderful!!!!
sunshine.jpg

Take head my fellow non believers for there is safety and redemption in REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I've an idea. Create a LTTP for Knack on Era. The op is about the first Knack game and that it runs so smooth on PS5. Then just start talking about Cyberpunk but discuss it by calling the main character Knack. In that quest Knack met Johnny and whatever.
So anyone that had something positive to say about Black Chamber is an evil POS. But Android Sophia....who stuck up for him multiple times and vouched personally for BC....is immune???
Didn't they drag her out of her 'on break' status to toe the company line. She got awful abuse and to be fair I've never really heard bad shit about her compared to the rest of the chucklefucks. Dont think she hasn't been treated poorly by the inmates

Also of course they need to find more things """transphobic""" and """"racist""""

His question is... why do these ads exist in the world? His question is basically the answer: it made him question the ad, and why the fuck something so weird and sexualized would pop out of nowhere in Night City. Corporations have no limits in that world and make you raise an eyebrow when you see something as weird as that.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

A - Ban the game. Sure lose some traffic, but it’s just one big game, not end of the world. Rule, it’s clear cut, simple to explain with woke solidarity

so-beautiful.gif

It’s almost as if they have no idea what they’re doing.

I've an idea. Create a LTTP for Knack on Era. The op is about the first Knack game and that it runs so smooth on PS5. Then just start talking about Cyberpunk but discuss it by calling the main character Knack. In that quest Knack met Johnny and whatever.

Didn't they drag her out of her 'on break' status to toe the company line. She got awful abuse and to be fair I've never really heard bad shit about her compared to the rest of the chucklefucks. Dont think she hasn't been treated poorly by the inmates
i have no clue who the mods are over there. But im just ready for the mob to turn on them. As they have enabled this. This is what they created. They made their bed. Time for them to lie in it.

Vire

The inmates took over the asylum. As someone said previously, if your game now needs to pass a “purity” test requiring the approval and deemed politically correct by some screeching mentally unstable person... well then you lost the plot.

Reading that thread isn’t just sad, especially as someone who once enjoyed ERA - it’s insufferable. I honestly can’t believe they let it get to that level. These people are the definition of bullies.

Last edited:

Trickster

How funny . . . Its almost like....progressive community lends itself to echo chambers and governance structures ending in toxicity?

Sure, if you want to have a community that predominantly leans one way politically then you will invariably end up with some sort of echo chamber. To prevent that echo chamber from spinning out of control you need good rules and good governance. Era unfortunately has neither.

I mean just look at how fantastically the staff have managed to completely bungle this whole cyberpunk 2077 debacle. Over a period of months they basically handled it the worst possible way they could. Any semi competent person would have seen it coming miles away and would have preemptively laid out clear rules. Era staff instead waited until it hit a boiling point, and then kept continuously adding new rules that they and TransEra immediately ignored because TransEra essentially has diplomatic immunity, and have whipped themselves into a complete frenzy over CDPR and their game

Last edited:

Liberty4all

Banned

you are always welcome in politics to discuss the upcoming Civil War with me where God Emperor Trump will restore Liberty to the Republic. 😀

It's nice that a game has bought people back to GAF. A shared experience we can all enjoy and just discuss. Makes me feel all tingly inside.

And I used to really like him on GameTrailers and then EasyAllies.
I actually popped into a stream of his last week for some reason. Stuck around for about 10 minutes because of what I saw in the chat. Someone asked what Kyle thought of Joe Rogan. Kyle ignored the question but someone in chat said "he's a white supremacist". So, someone else asked the person who made that claim to back it up with evidence. Then, the mods stepped in and told that person to "stop this conversation". The person refused, again asking for a source and was banned. Then the person who called Rogan a white supremacist was showered with hearts and love from the other retards in that circlejerk of a chatroom.

All the while, Kyle "ignored" what was going on in chat and continued to play his game lol. Kyle Bosman simply has no balls whatsoever. Completely castrated by being around Ian so much, I think.

vpance

Now they are mad at this Hasan Twitch streamer who let them down. Apparently Hasan is a super lefty streamer and he said the game wasn't transphobic now live on Twitch, and REEEEEE is saying he`s ill informed in the topic and they are disappointed on a deep personal level :cry:

Few big streamers would ever go out of their way to denounce the game and lose viewers, for what? They need them to make a living. Even a communist like Hasan is not that dumb.

I really like Kyle and find him charismatic, but I was sure he was going to shit on HP and Cyberpunk.
His decision and I will still enjoy the guy, no bans for him are necessary on my part

I really like Kyle and find him charismatic, but I was sure he was going to shit on HP and Cyberpunk.
His decision and I will still enjoy the guy, no bans for him are necessary on my part
I tolerate people who have issues with the game. At the end its their decision, whether they want to play those games or not. But it's not okay to force other people to have the same opinion on this matter.

Ol'Scratch

The smartest thing to do if they wanted the best of both would be immediately move a cyberpunk 2077 thread to communities. And let trans era have their pinned thread .
That way people who want to talk the game can talk the game and trans era would not have to look at it no matter how many posts the thread got. But they do not want equality, they want to impose their will and the pathetic staff can't bend the knee fast enough.

I suppose the fact that I will be starting my annual holiday Harry Potter marathon this weekend would probably not go over well either.

Hey lads and lasses here. Are any of you in touch with Vestan? Do you have contacts?
I think he’s being treated unfairly as Claven the Cunt is seemingly unbanned.
I think Vestan reported his nasty ass. Yet Vestan is still banned.

I don’t know him but I read that he’s a black person and I won’t think it’s far fetched to theorize that Era made him believe we’re bunch of racists and neo nazis.

Maybe he likes Era and want to continue posting there and doesn’t fuck with GAF but I won’t think it’d be harmful to send him a message or two. At the very least tell him to skim over this thread. We’re not Stormfront.

These lies and accusations are disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom