• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVexperto

this picture is all you need to know about era.

l8bveo9.jpg

l8bveo9.jpg

i know they are reading this: have fun becoming a meaningless and empty forum soon lmao

Last edited:
Its fucking wild

My finals are a fraction of this length, what the fuck? It takes me a day to write 2,000 words, how long did this guy take? Did he even leave his chair?

Holy shit, i almost forgot the Xbox Era exodus that happened just a few months ago.

Yep, Resetera is done, they wont keep afloat after this, unless some miracle happens.

They chased off XboxEra, most of the PC community is doing their stuff in their own forum and Discord, various minorities, music, sports, etc. communities fucked off. Moderation failed them hard. Era is falling apart and has been doing it for a while, 2020 has been their worst year in that sense. A lot of users fought hard against it, tried to talk to mods and admins, but they either ignore those messages altogether (the Contact Us form is basically a decoration at this point) or do non-committal "we'll look into it" replies which end nowhere. Now they chased off a chunk of TransEra for not acting soon enough and a large chunk of Cyberpunk fans who just want to... gasp... talk about the game on a videogame forum. What a novel concept.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Indeed. Like, our lives fucking depend on smelling out this bullshit. Because unfortunately, there are people out there who want us dead or otherwise want to make us miserable, so we have to quickly learn to how to sniff out those kind of people, before they can tell their nonsense.

In the first line he says he's trans and then in the other post he's not trans anymore? How come he's allowed to transplain then? I thought that was a capital offense.

Let's be honest, how long do you think ResetEra is gonna last before it completely, unequivocally collapses like NeoGAF did a few years back? I think this will continue until spring 2021 before the general manager decides to close the website.

Impulsor

So I stopped posting regularly on neogaf and kinda moved to era as my main forum. Never was as active as I was here back in the day but I've been feeling super out of place for the last year and the latest happenings there just cemented my decision to come back to gaf.

I really don't think era is a very welcoming place. It feels super stressful to post/read there because of the heavy political stance everything seems to be taking there. It can't just be about games anymore it seems.

So yeah, hi again, I suppose. I hope I can feel at home again here.

It's simple: They have been using the "us vs them" situation quiet often, just to provoke that the "other" ones (people who want to talk about the game) are the "bad" people. Anyone who doesn't want to be stamped as evil, has to be as crazy as they are or you are immediately one of the "others". They are just creating a new community within a community, which is essentially a good thing for Gaf. You now have a filter of people who are fed up by this bullshit and trickle down here on Gaf. The crazy ones stay on Era.

cromofo

It's simple: They have been using the "us vs them" situation quiet often, just to provoke that the "other" ones (people who want to talk about the game) are the "bad" people. Anyone who doesn't want to be stamped as evil, has to be as crazy as they are or you are immediately one of the "others". They are just creating a new community within a community, which is essentially a good thing for Gaf. You now have a filter of people who are fed up by this bullshit and trickle down here on Gaf. The crazy ones stay on Era.
But it's still fucking weird when he's responding to "Listen to Trans Era"

The level of insanity is reaching unseen levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom