• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nush

So I stopped posting regularly on neogaf and kinda moved to era as my main forum. Never was as active as I was here back in the day but I've been feeling super out of place for the last year and the latest happenings there just cemented my decision to come back to gaf.

I really don't think era is a very welcoming place. It feels super stressful to post/read there because of the heavy political stance everything seems to be taking there. It can't just be about games anymore it seems.

So yeah, hi again, I suppose. I hope I can feel at home again here.
BoldMarvelousFlea-size_restricted.gif

cromofo

Really interested how they're gonna deal with the OT and people ignoring the crazies and instead talking about the game.

Can't see it last very long.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
I am literally done with Resetera. I haven't been an active user there anymore for quite a while because of all the political discussions, but I always still read the topics and posted sometimes. I would have comeback to GAF way sooner if I knew it was so active as it is now. Great to see, because about 6 months ago it wasn't as lively as it is now it seems. What changed?

Anyway seeing everyone getting banned there for having an opinion that doesn't follow the angry crowd just makes me sick. If I want to make a post I have to think about what I want to say or else I would get banned and that for a gaming forum .... Am I missing something, but is all that toxicity really coming because of one ad image that is transphobic? Or is there more?

I get that you could get offended by it, but move on after a while. It seems some people there have made it their fulltime job to show how bad a company with 600 employees is because of one ad. Actually, I have a trans sister, if I show her that image she would probably call it 'bad taste' but wouldn't really care about it more as that.

ShironRedShift is a troll who can't keep his story straight.

One post is talking about "us trans" and the next he is saying "I'm not trans...."

Another 100% confirmed troll is Banshee mcspook. The evidence is pages back in this thread.

64002.jpg
What is that AV from. It seems familiar in some way but it's slipping my mind.

cromofo

Shit, it's 3:43 AM and I need to go to sleep and then for work, but I just wanted to say that I love you all here on NeoGAF :messenger_heart:!

Where everyone IS welcome for real.
We're in the same time zone I see.

I'm stuck in corona isolation and bored out of my mind. Resetera has been a good source of entertainment these last few days tho. Beats Netflix.

I am literally done with Resetera. I haven't been an active user there anymore for quite a while because of all the political discussions, but I always still read the topics and posted sometimes. I would have comeback to GAF way sooner if I knew it was so active as it is now. Great to see, because about 6 months ago it wasn't as lively as it is now it seems. What changed?

Anyway seeing everyone getting banned there for having an opinion that doesn't follow the angry crowd just makes me sick. If I want to make a post I have to think about what I want to say or else I would get banned and that for a gaming forum .... Am I missing something, but is all that toxicity really coming because of one ad image that is transphobic? Or is there more?

I get that you could get offended by it, but move on after a while. It seems some people there have made it their fulltime job to show how bad a company with 600 employees is because of one ad. Actually, I have a trans sister, if I show her that image she would probably call it 'bad taste' but wouldn't really care about it more as that.
The Problem w/Era is that they made it their mission to "protect marginalized groups" and make the forum into a "safe space."

balgajo

First time I got really mad with Era was the ban of Last Night tech discussions. And now this. Tbh I don't even care that much about CP2077 but what they done there is really absurd.

Usually I post there because of the Nintendo community but I don't feel like coming back. Also I have some problems with current gaf regards to offensive language, conspiracy theory and so, but I'd rather be in a place with more freedom of expression.

Last edited:

TVexperto

First time I got really mad with Era was the ban of Last Night tech discussions. And now this. Tbh I don't even care that much about CP2077 but what they done there is really absurd.

Usually I post there because of the Nintendo community but I don't feel like coming back. Also I have some problems with current gaf regards to offensive language, conspiracy theory and so, but I'd rather to be in a place with more freedom of expression.
why did they ban last night?

Usually I post there because of the Nintendo community but I don't feel like coming back. Also I have some problems with current gaf regards to offensive language, conspiracy theory and so, but I'd rather to be in a place with more freedom of expression.
I do think GAF has the potential to be better tbh, just keep the racial IQ weirdos banned

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
I'm secretly hoping that Banshee McSpook or Shiren and some others are basically one of you guys trolling hard and making a forum implode from the inside as you found out the mods have no spine to say no with that particular community.

I think golden effigies of you would be in order if it came to that revelation later on. 🗿

The Problem w/Era is that they made it their mission to "protect marginalized groups" and make the forum into a "safe space."

That in itself is actually fine if you go about it in a normal way. Ban people who are actually racist/transphobic/homophobic, people who argue against gay marriage for example, people who keep calling trans people by their birth gender, ban certain words like the n-word or f-word, etc. As someone who's gay that's all I expect from online communities, there doesn't need to be more than that.

Criticising things like trans women competing with biological women in sports, extremist groups such as antifa, or problems such as homophobia in islam isn't transphobia/racism. But that is absolute nazi talk over there.

They(and the radical left in general) absolutely went off the rails and I think that train wreck started back when Trump was elected and it just went full speed ahead.

nush

Usually I post there because of the Nintendo community but I don't feel like coming back. Also I have some problems with current gaf regards to offensive language, conspiracy theory and so, but I'd rather be in a place with more freedom of expression.

Your experience will be much more suited to you if you put the whole politics forum on ignore.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Again trans folk can endlessly call me a Nazi talk shit about my religion promote the extermination of my race and county and that is ok. Demonizing people is ok for them. It is not just ok but encouraged. It is not just encouraged but demanded! Silence is violence! Yet I can’t say a joke slur from the 1990s without being hounded endlessly? That is a double standard.

Think of it this way: It's about holding yourself to a higher standard and setting an example for others to follow because the mindset of "it's okay to disrespect them because they do it worse to me" is not conducive to cross cultural dialogue and a strong society going forward. What would Jesus do? Would He call people trannies carelessly and in a non-ironic manner with the intent to disrespect?

benjipwns

Banned
Jesus Christmas, another 30 pages WTF is going on?
Do you want the actual things that happened or what ResetERA.com is claiming happened. Note: The former is boring because it's not written by insane people.

why did they ban last night?
Tim Soret has insulted ResetERA.com types on Twitter before, they also think his game is alt-right when it's actually just dystopian and highly French. (Assuming it still exists.)

Great to see, because about 6 months ago it wasn't as lively as it is now it seems. What changed?
I can't speak for everyone, but for me, it was all of the discourse surrounding the George Floyd protests that resulted in me spending less time on there and lurking over here again. Just a lot of toxicity being spewed on there that I don't condone, and the worst of it was coming from some of the Administrators. Everyone on there is praising the shit they're saying, and I'm thinking "wait...what?" And on the gaming side, everything became about how much virtue signaling you could do. It was hard to find any real reason to post on there anymore. Nobody really seemed to care about anybody else's thoughts about video games, it was what game/company can we be mad at the most today. The threads which weren't outrage-driven were a lot of the same milquetoast topics over and over (i.e. "The main character from the last game you played is now your dog") and there's almost no user engagement because everyone is afraid of upsetting someone.

Yes, Era has had these problems for a while now, but it really became ever-present this spring/summer. It was unavoidable. Sony would virtue signal on Twitter, and you'd get hundreds of "Thank you Sony!" posts followed by hundreds of posts complaining that Nintendo hadn't virtue signaled yet. Like, what the fuck are we even doing? The number of people I put on ignore skyrocketed, and it turns out there -is- a limit! At a certain point, the shit just couldn't be contained anymore. I was seeing people getting severe bans for things I didn't think should be even remotely bannable, while other people posting some of the most vile shit got a free pass because they have the "right" views. The time I was spending on there was not discussing games, but instead just shaking my head.

The last straw, as it were, was that most-recent Playstation event where Hogwarts was showcased. I have no interest in Harry Potter, never saw any of the movies or read any of the books, but I thought the game they showed looked surprisingly up-my-alley. I open the thread on Era, and to my bemusement it's hundreds of "Fuck this game" over and over. Honestly, the Rowling connection never even crossed my mind as I was watching that show (And it clearly never crossed Sony's mind either, but because they're "liked" by ResetEra that never gets brought up!). A lot of that same vitriol has carried over to CDPR and that's brought us to where we are now.

I can't understand wanting to keep coming back to a place that miserable, day after day. Especially as someone that the forum clearly doesn't want posting on there (i.e. white male who wants to talk about games on the gaming forum). Enough was enough.

Last edited:

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Too lazy to find it and I'm going to take a nap. But can you find me the Reee page or link it's on?

You got to be kidding me someone wrote 7,000 words. That's like 20 pages of text on normal paper.
When I checked the 7k words post, I was on mobile, so it was a bit painful. I kept scrolling down and down. At some point, I thought my browser was bugging out and taking me back to the top due to how several paragraphs calling out Black Chamber kind of said the same thing over and over.

Liberty4all

Banned

The irony of that guys response is his inflated sense of how important he thinks Resetera is lol

I never left GAF. I don’t have another account on resetera and will NEVER try to make another one, the site is SJW TRASH. I had that account since 2017 .... I think I logged into it maybe once or twice before realizing Ree was going to be garbage. So suiciding it as a present for this thread is not a big loss lol

What I’m making for breakfast tomorrow will be a more important decision.

Last edited:
Do you want the actual things that happened or what ResetERA.com is claiming happened. Note: The former is boring because it's not written by insane people.

Tim Soret has insulted ResetERA.com types on Twitter before, they also think his game is alt-right when it's actually just dystopian and highly French. (Assuming it still exists.)

Did you mean Boreeeeeing.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Glad to see so many new posters signing up/coming back to this great forum.

I've asked them to delete my account. It's been over 24 hours but no action yet. I've logged out and won't be returning or giving them any clicks. The best thing I ever did was return to NeoGAF a few months ago. I want to talk about my passion, video games, and have a laugh. This is the place to be.

I don't care if you're gay, trans, or even what ethnicity you are. I'm here to read and share thoughts on video games. The world is depressing enough with all the bullshit going on. I come here to discuss things that make me happy.

Welcome back, peeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom