• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Uh, why wasn't I informed of my new status as a nazi when I joined this forum earlier today? Should I expect an armband in the mail or do I have to supply it myself?

You can join our Commie Team Alpha here instead, if that's your pleasure. We wear 24-karat gold hammer & sickle lapel pins. I know, ironic that we commies adorn ourselves in gold but we're kind of rebels when it comes to the whole communism thing.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
hm6O67Q.jpg

It just can't POSSIBLY be because the scope and ambition is so large, and the good stuff so impressive, that it outweighs the negatives and therefore still deserves an extremely high score? Na, can’t be. Those reviews are just all paid, dishonest shills.

Also, glad he'll still be playing the "bigoted" game next year. But he'll have a frowny and disapproving face while playing it, so all good, and therefore supporting bigotry is palatable.

Yeah I love how he throws the bigoted stuff in at the end just to appease the crazies there.

I remember having to do that when I still posted there and I really don’t miss having to add those little blurbs out of fear of being dog piled and called a bigot.

Ionian

Not really? I was making a point. You're the one that wounds pretty distressed at my post. I don't see the point of posting things with the intention of making people think it's real. People look like idiots when they believe it.

I asked if it was real. Sorry that upset you.

We friends now?

I decided to return to NeoGAF yesterday after a three year hiatus. It's a real shame, I genuinely loved my time at Resetera and had a lot of great moments there but, I feel the site has lost it's focus over the last year.

I personally don't care much for social issues, at least not with the zeal of those at the site (particularly the younger members) but it's understandable that there is a special interest for such things given the site's creation. For the most part, it was easy to avoid topics regarding X,Y,Z Issue whenever it cropped up on the gaming forum but it's actually starting to bled into more than half of the posts.

I have no issues with members discussing these matters but there is a place for that in the general forums. Its becomes a problem when I just want to discuss the mechanics of a certain game or it's impression and not one or two posts in, someone brings up some social injustice or insensitivity made by the game , developers etc. This has started happening with such frequncy that I could not ignore it and began making comments which got me banned twice; Once for posting that we were getting of topic on AVGN game's release on the Switch (Racism kept coming up when I just wanted to know if the game was good) and another where members were screaming "Cultural Appropriation" on a animal crossing picture of a character with two puffs in there hair....no mention of race what so ever. As a minority myself, this really bothered me as it looked like everyone were jumping at ghost that were not there. Worse off, I could not petition to argue my ban.

I want to return to it but fear it's become a "political/social issues site that also plays games" instead of the reverse.

dolabla

Glad the official OT thread has so much hype in it, and its not just a carbon copy of the TRANSPHOBIC!!! thread. Good job you dipshits, you've succeeded in making literally everything miserable.

FolNIfA.jpg

They don't know how to build, only destroy. They nearly took down this site and they're doing the same there. I hope the place stays afloat only to keep it as a containment zone for all their batshit insanity. It doesn't need to escape. It's not a gaming forum.

Ymir

Last edited:

Irobot82

I decided to return to NeoGAF yesterday after a three year hiatus. It's a real shame, I genuinely loved my time at Resetera and had a lot of great moments there but, I feel the site has lost it's focus over the last year.

I personally don't care much for social issues, at least not with the zeal of those at the site (particularly the younger members) but it's understandable that there is a special interest for such things given the site's creation. For the most part, it was easy to avoid topics regarding X,Y,Z Issue whenever it cropped up on the gaming forum but it's actually starting to bled into more than half of the posts.

I have no issues with members discussing these matters but there is a place for that in the general forums. Its becomes a problem when I just want to discuss the mechanics of a certain game or it's impression and not one or two posts in, someone brings up some social injustice or insensitivity made by the game , developers etc. This has started happening with such frequncy that I could not ignore it and began making comments which got me banned twice; Once for posting that we were getting of topic on AVGN game's release on the Switch (Racism kept coming up when I just wanted to know if the game was good) and another where members were screaming "Cultural Appropriation" on a animal crossing picture of a character with two puffs in there hair....no mention of race what so ever. As a minority myself, this really bothered me as it looked like everyone were jumping at ghost that were not there. Worse off, I could not petition to argue my ban.

I want to return to it but fear it's become a "political/social issues site that also plays games" instead of the reverse.
We got the left here, we got the right here, we got the politically abandoned here. We have all races, sexes, genders, and well everything. We love each other, we fight each other but we all love games that is why we are here.

teezzy

Banned
Glad the official OT thread has so much hype in it, and its not just a carbon copy of the TRANSPHOBIC!!! thread. Good job you dipshits, you've succeeded in making literally everything miserable.

FolNIfA.jpg

Yes, I always turn to video games for socioeconomic commentary and insight. Why wouldn't I?

Read a book instead, you say?

NEVER!

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
If you have epilepsy why the fuck are you on social media announcing it? Where any troll in the world could easily trigger you? In fact why are you playing flashy video games at all? Get a job as a library archivist if you get triggered by flashing lights. Not a fucking games journalist.

It’s like a kid with peanut allergies complaining that pb&j makes him sick. You dumb fuck, you have to at least take a bare minimum of responsibility for your personal wellbeing.

I swear these morons are masochists. Modern day flagellants.

Last edited:
Is there actually a law, that can investigate this kind of shit as "cyberbullying"? Calling someone out as a Nazi just like that, in a forum that unfortunately has high traffic can do serious harm to a guy who works in the gaming industry.

Papacheeks

Banned
Putting this in here from the other thread:

I think we need to be better and show that place what true respectful discourse/Discussion looks like. The fact that nobody here will be banned for having an opinion should be a red flag in how they are moderating/treating people at that site.

Silencing opinions doesn't help your movement or the LGBTQ, all it shows is you are not tolerant. ANd for a movement to grow or have some kind of new progress made you have to be tolerant. History has shown this with Minority's, Gay community ect.
Gay rights and Civil rights didn't happen over night. And we are in a new era no pun intended of discourse where talking behind a monitor and keyboard is not the same as directly talking to someone face to face.

Labeling people as Nazi's regardless of your hardships as a person either it be gay, trans, minority foreign or domestic will not make you feel stronger or ignite people to flock behind you to understand your plight.
Being open minded, and accepting of different opinions/religion/race for discussion is the way to go. It's how democracy works. Losing your shit over a piece of fiction that is meant to be a fantasy for you to escape in and tell a story isn't going to help you or your fight for equal rights.

It's sad that no one understands this over there. It's sad that they don't realize why people criticize them, even the GAY community is very vague in some groups on whats is going on with social media and the transgender movement.
If there are holes easily poked because there's not enough research and data on the subject so people can get correct help/healthcare for what ever it may be(transitioning ect). Then that should be a indicator that more open discussion is needed for more understanding, more research to basically help have better acceptance.

I wish everyone to be safe, and hope everyone the best from both community's.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
I like how it’s absolutely gospel that the ad is transphobic. Because it’s literally not.

They’re arguing that red is blue and they actually think it is.

Even if it were, which I dont see, it's so borderline to begin with that its unworthy of controversy. Let alone all this

lol someone obviously reminded the modding team of their place and the mods are now adding a huge wall of bullshit to each new page of the OT topic

I’m just giggling at how easy it is to just scroll past and ignore it, no matter how my times it shows up!

How long do you think it’ll take before the usual shit-flingers demand the mods implement some sort of algorithm to the threat that literally forces you to read through the post before you can read the rest of the page? You know like those user agreements that require you to actually read the terms.

hyrTe1j.jpg

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
hm6O67Q.jpg

It just can't POSSIBLY be because the scope and ambition is so large, and the good stuff so impressive, that it outweighs the negatives and therefore still deserves an extremely high score? Na, can’t be. Those reviews are just all paid, dishonest shills.

Also, glad he'll still be playing the "bigoted" game next year. But he'll have a frowny and disapproving face while playing it, so all good, and therefore supporting bigotry is palatable.
That doesn't make sense. If a product is so buggy and bigoted, why still get it?

belmarduk

I'm 100% serious in asking this: How do you function as a human being in real life, if literally seeing people making memes/jokes and enjoying a video game causes you to have an honest to god panic attack? Like, not people making threats, not people organizing hate, but positive reviews of a video game. How do you function?

They don't function in society. This is ResetEra's business plan. Get all these unemployable losers to create content for them all day and night for free and reap the benefits.

teezzy

Banned
Hey let me judge the entire merit of this gigantic open world game by one in-game advert and the fact that my characters voice is tied to the gender... like in most games

Is monster hunter world transphobic now too? You can't even put a cock on your woman hunter in that

Legiteral question:

If Cyberpunk sexualizes transgendered women and fetishizes them... yet the video game industry also sexualizes cisgendered women and fetishizes them... isnt that acknowledging transgendered women as real women and actually kind of woke?

🤔🤔🤔🤨

Not really. You see, these types of transgenders want to be treated like sacred calves that everyone fawns over and protects with fanatical passion.

Ogbert

Gold Member
I'm 100% serious in asking this: How do you function as a human being in real life, if literally seeing people making memes/jokes and enjoying a video game causes you to have an honest to god panic attack? Like, not people making threats, not people organizing hate, but positive reviews of a video game. How do you function?

They don’t.

And I don’t say that with glee. Rather, something approaching pity.

They are unemployable, damaged, uneducated or, more importantly, incorrectly educated, losers. They likely have little in the way of meaningful friendships. The only value they seem to take in live is through these absurd crusades on matters that almost anyone sane gives zero shits about.

They are the product of cultural relativism and technological isolation. Their lives are meaningless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom