• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vpance

I was laughing when they banned 2077 topics and threads. Because that goes against free speech, and against what forums typically are about. Voicing opinions. But banning Karak...or anybody else for posting here. is like a new low. Especially when all those fucks came from here.

Those 2 words have not meant anything for a while now. And definitely not on places like Ree.

NBCw1Pd.png

"I can't understate how devastating this is to learn the truth"

holy FUCK y'all somebody here posts on another vidya gaem forum burn the witch!!!1

I've seen some people here freaking out over Era members coming here; but the mod team has been pretty even-handed. I definitely haven't seen any mods discussing rounding up potential dissidents and banning them (sounds like a nice analogue to some governments in some countries...).

This is probably Era's mod team and members right now:

6c4.jpg

kiryani

Those 2 words have not meant anything for a while now. And definitely not on places like Ree.

Absolutely. You aren’t even allowed free thoughts.

If you think that CDPR aren’t transphobic and it’s being blown up by a bunch of bearded weirdo’s , that’s enough. You’re cancelled, a piece of shit.

They want full conformity, nothing else is good enough. No nuance, no discussion.

You believe what they believe and do not question them.

They are absolutely fucking dangerous.

Kayhan

Just checking in to see if the evidence that Karak Karak is a Nazi has been posted here or on ResetEra.

I mean, it is a very serious accusation that oblivious should be followed with serious evidence. Alternatively, the accusation should be retracted, Karak Karak unbanned and the accuser banned instead.

That is going happen, right? Any moment now, surely.

Last edited:
lack of leadership. No accountability. Lack of morals and ego.

that is how ResetEra got like that. I swear i dont recall that forum being this bad before. I joined that place because back when i was here a long time ago it was also very ban happy (i thought that was bad, but it actually paled in comparison to current ERA).

i feel like it was one of those frog in boiling pot situations. I was slowly being cooked. I just now realized i was in the pot. Just one day i open my eyes and im surrounded by all these crazy mentally ill psychos that have no interest in videogames. But more interest in circlejerking, sniffing their own farts and all parroting the same nonsense.

BeardGawd

Banned
Glad the official OT thread has so much hype in it, and its not just a carbon copy of the TRANSPHOBIC!!! thread. Good job you dipshits, you've succeeded in making literally everything miserable.

FolNIfA.jpg
Someone please help me here. The phrase "Trans rights are human rights" is something that sounds great and is obviously something noone would dispute.

But exactly what trans rights have CDPR violated here? Can anyone tell me?

The phrase is regurgitated on era without any semblence of what it means. Essentially it's being used as a false equivalence to whatever they want to deem transphobia. Like who would disagree with "trans rights are human rights"?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
We started this thread with EviLore asking "How will the ship finish sinking?"

Honestly, I think this could be it.

Would love for that to be the case but I'm a bit more cynical.

I think eventually GAF will grow to be larger than Era and then things will eventually tip. We've seen them mention this site more and more (despite the running taboo and official moderation stance) because the growth here can't be ignored. So there are signs of the cracks already forming.

Contrary to their own belief, their power mostly lies in their overall numbers and not because they cater to specific causes. I still think the only way for Era to grow and save themselves is to rebrand as a "social justice in nerd culture" forum because claiming to be this huge gaming forum first and foremost clearly isn't working for them. At least then they could be honest about what they truly are instead of attempting to cater to the videogame enthusiast audience.

I'm also expecting another large exodus once the Harry Potter game comes out and all discussion of yet another AAA game is stifled.

eot

Banned

I still don't know how to multi quote but here's the screen shot someone posted a bit ago of it.
Oh. Haha. Sorry, that was me mocking this actual post on Era:

bUz6c9V.png

(Granted, it still rings true seeing as they did ban Karak after someone outed him for posting on here)

dottme

Love how they plan to play the game but are too fucking cheap to buy it, but use this as an opportunity to virtue signal about how they're not giving CDPR money. So fucking pathetic and transparent.

weWLDFo.jpg
If you are ready to spend money and time on something not needed and you know you’re going to be sick. I’m suspecting he has an addiction issues and he should check with a doctor.
That’s really not a healthy behavior.

lmimmfn

Someone please help me here. The phrase "Trans rights are human rights" is something that sounds great and is obviously something noone would dispute.

The phrase is regurgitated on era without any semblence of what it means. Essentially it's being used as a false equivalence to whatever they want to deem transphobia. Like who would disagree with "trans rights are human rights"?
You cant look like a man and have a female voice, also only 1 vagina option, no configuration( flap size and depth - however that would work)
Even writing that had me laughing.

I can understand how devastating it must be to learn the truth? Oh my goodness, I legitimately thought that was a fake post considering the overly melodramatic prose. How self important do you have to think you are about your childish video game forum that warrants something like that.

These people are sick.
They are insufferable and embarrassing. I've never seen such malice and hatred and they say this site is hateful lol

Just checking in to see if the evidence that Karak Karak is a Nazi has been posted here or on ResetEra.

I mean, it is a very serious accusation that oblivious should be followed with serious evidence. Alternatively, the accusation should be retracted, Karak Karak unbanned and the accuser banned instead.

they wouldn't know an actual nazi if one bit them in the ass. I can't believe our grandpas fought in WW2 for these idiots to normalize this term for anyone that they dont agree with. To be tossed around so non-chalantly

teezzy

Banned

Some dope from CDPR's social media team made a dumb "did you just assume my gender?!" joke on Twitter, and I believe an apache helicopter one too.

This has caused them to skew any sort of efforts towards trans representation in CP2077 as offensive. Not enough that you can play as a chick with a dong, now you have to be able to let her have a male voice too. Not enough the OST features transgendered artists because Era doesnt listen to anyone anyhow. Not enough that they included ads with a transgendered character throughout the game - she's sexualized and therefore everyone is a transphobic nazi.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
If you are ready to spend money and time on something not needed and you know you’re going to be sick. I’m suspecting he has an addiction issues and he should check with a doctor.
That’s really not a healthy behavior.
They are consumer addicts I think most of the strife comes from them being unable to reconcile hating capitalism vs being unable to resist consuming its products.

Oh. Haha. Sorry, that was me mocking this actual post on Era:

bUz6c9V.png

(Granted, it still rings true seeing as they did ban Karak after someone outed him for posting on here)

Ah well reading the thread over there I thought it was 100% real. Almost every 3rd post is about how this place is basically the right wing version of the Moss Eisley Cantina. Anyone who posts here is a right wing nazi nut job and we should all be burned at the stake.

I can understand how devastating it must be to learn the truth? Oh my goodness, I legitimately thought that was a fake post considering the overly melodramatic prose. How self important do you have to think you are about your childish video game forum that warrants something like that.

These people are sick.
Wait what? Isn't this just the Black_Chamber post edited? THIS IS REAL?
edit: Why are we still posting fake stuff? Reality is much more comedic than fiction could ever be.

Last edited:
Love how they plan to play the game but are too fucking cheap to buy it, but use this as an opportunity to virtue signal about how they're not giving CDPR money. So fucking pathetic and transparent.

weWLDFo.jpg

Holy shit.

I keep thinking they've topped themselves with the crazy.

I don't know what's worse, trying to co-opt WD: Legion as Cyberpunk, or whatever convoluted mess of an idea this is ^

John-Lee

Neo Member
Funny thing is, in the time I spent lurking Era for the (occasionally) good games discussion, this site was literally treated as Voldemort: "the place that shall not be named," or "the old place."

I just don't understand how some of them are so divorced from reality that this website is seen as a place so terrible, most are unwilling to even utter its name.

NickFire

I've noticed some people over there wondering what sites had to agree to for review copies, etc.

That train of thought sounds really familiar for some reason. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

These people are sick.
Your name seemed so familiar, but with the avatar now I remember :O

BeardGawd

Banned
Funny thing is, in the time I spent lurking Era for the (occasionally) good games discussion, this site was literally treated as Voldemort: "the place that shall not be named," or "the old place."

I just don't understand how some of them are so divorced from reality that this website is seen as a place so terrible, most are unwilling to even utter its name.
They feel they are apart of an 'elite' group and are scared shitless of being banned.

if they are so worried about interrogating ppl, doing background checks and acting like secret police over there............then why are the "trans" ppl not subject to this critical eye?

when so many of them are obviously not trans. Why must putting pronouns in ur profile, claiming to be trans, or cosigning other trans posts, give u a free pass to be a raging asshole and render u free of suspicion?

Since when has being trans become the majority? I would have to go 100 miles to run into a trans person IRL. And thats a maybe. Surely population wise there's gotta be more Inuit Alaskans than trans ppl. So why are Inuits not a majority on ERA?

is it more likely that all of the trans ppl online, are centrally located in this aurora borealis that is ERA........or that 98% of them are pretending? And are actually just fat sweaty dudes roleplaying.......or that learned they can avoid scrutiny and bans if they disguise themselves.

Last edited:

Impulsor

So I stopped posting regularly on neogaf and kinda moved to era as my main forum. Never was as active as I was here back in the day but I've been feeling super out of place for the last year and the latest happenings there just cemented my decision to come back to gaf.

I really don't think era is a very welcoming place. It feels super stressful to post/read there because of the heavy political stance everything seems to be taking there. It can't just be about games anymore it seems.

So yeah, hi again, I suppose. I hope I can feel at home again here.

I posted this yesterday. Wow was I not ready for today's shitstorm over there.

I just learned about this and lurked around and the only reason I've read for some folks to call Karak a nazi is that he posts here.
zXfu908.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom