• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivan.k

sYw674z.jpg

lol
"The game, whose thrice-delayed release is slated for Dec. 10, scored 91 out of 100 based on the average of 44 reviews by journalists, ranking it as only the fourth-best PC game of 2020."

Being in top five best games of the year is considered a failure now 🤡😂

Trickster

Got banned for transfobia awhile ago in Resetera. Was really surprised of myself considering how left-leaning i am but I'm thankful for them for opening my eyes. Maybe i too, am a NAZI?

My first out of 2 bans on Era was for saying I was open to try dating a trans person. But because the way I expressed it was kinda poorly phrased, I got reported and then banned 2 weeks for being transphobic...

Last edited:

kbear

They won’t ever admit it publicly but the majority of the industry is laughing at the absurdity of these people, right? They have to be, although I’d bet a lot just stopped visiting Era altogether.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
My first out of 2 bans on Era was for saying I was open to try dating a trans person. But because the way I expressed it was kinda poorly phrased, I got reported and then banned 2 weeks for being transphobic...

My first ban was for saying they need a politics forum. But my permanent ban was because I expressed my enthusiasm for Cyberpunk 2077 in the Era OT during all the transphobia meltdown. Ironically, I was the only person actually following the rules.

Last edited:

tioslash

Even after months of raging, after pinning a thread saying the devs are transphobic to the top of the forum for 2 months, after purging countless people for not engaging the issues, after making it acceptable to dox other members, after making the OT as sterile and biased as possible.

After multiple attempts to steer the talk back to those issues, after ALL THAT, literally nothing has been accomplished. Astounding.

Well, they accomplished driving a lot of users away from there and back to GAF. :messenger_beaming:

Ah well reading the thread over there I thought it was 100% real. Almost every 3rd post is about how this place is basically the right wing version of the Moss Eisley Cantina. Anyone who posts here is a right wing nazi nut job and we should all be burned at the stake.

I spit out a bit of my water on my desk, thanks!

oFAAtAG.png

Soon it's gonna be - "He who must not be named".

Holy shit Black Chamber Black Chamber is Voldemort I knew it

Last edited:

Kev Kev

one of the few reasons I didn't vote for Trump, is because of the rollback on trans protections . However i may feel personally about some stuff surrounding trans issues.....ultimately i do believe chicks with dicks etc, deserve to be able to get healthcare, covid tests etc like anybody else.

However, because i dont see how this dumb energy drink ad in an open world game.....created by thousands of ppl, equates to the game and the company that made it being transphobic POS. on ERA, that would make me a transphobe POS?
dont forget nazi SCUM!

Much like this dumbshit's generalization, his post makes me wonder if all black people are complete idiots. But generalizations are bad, right?

Astral Dog

Cyberpunk 2077's 91 Metacritic average is "not so hot", according to Cyberpunk 2077 critic Jason Schreier.
This is something thats been bothering me, even here(i've heard something among the lines of "shame it only got 91 , ERA gonna be happy about the low score") a freaking 91 is not so hot? What kind of crazy metric do they use?

Anything above 85 would have been great for Cyberpunk or most AAA game. The game is filled with bugs and on a rough launch state, yet a 91 score is a high achievment for any videogame, universal praise.

Like, omg its a freaking 91, everyone should be congratulating the folks at CDPR for delivering a massive high quality game

Last edited:

lmimmfn

91 is an amazing MC score. Most devs would dream of a score like that.
Jason is an arsehole, 91 is great, my point was if it was from someone else and they provided good reasons as to why it should/could be higher then it might be legit.

Bottom line is Jason is a f**king idiot :), absolutely cannot stand the wanker.

Last edited:
Is this relatively new btw? I'm a rather old fuck...and back in the day, a trans gender was someone who felt like they were born in the wrong body and usually did everything they could to change that situation.

Now it seems that certain people grow their hair to their shoulders, claim they are a woman, are comfortable with their body and proclaim a penis is not a male organ.

Yeah it's pretty new, I haven't really seen it before 2015. I honestly don't know where it came from. It feels like part of them are gender non-conforming people with a victim complex, part of them are fetishists who want to live out their lesbian fantasy, and part of it is women who have internalised misogyny so they feel they're going to be happier as non-binary lesbians.

A lot of parents feel like it's super progressive to have a trans kid because it likes toys from the opposite gender. Detransitioners are rapidly growing in numbers but extreme leftist are ignoring their struggle.

It's a complete and utter mess, they're messing things up for actual transgenders, and even for LGB and women because they're causing so much damage and giving so much ammo to actual homophobes and transphobes.

This is something thats been bothering me, even here(i've heard something among the lines of "shame it only got 91 , ERA gonna be happy about the low score") a freaking 91 is not so hot? What kind of crazy metric do they use?

Anything above 85 would have been great for Cyberpunk or most AAA game. The game is filled with bugs and on a rough launch state, yet a 91 score is a high achievment for any videogame, universal praise.

Like, omg its a freaking 91, everyone should be congratulating the folks at CDPR for delivering a massive high quality game
For real, anything over 90 (or even high 80s these days) is generally considered universal acclaim.

I could see calling the reviews disappointing if it got, like, an 84 average or something like that. Calling a 91 "not so hot" is some serious spin.

Nikoran

Neo Member
Jason always has been a bit of an oddball so it's no surprise seeing that article. Why people still take him seriously as a journalist, I'll never know.

I have been on the net a longggggggg time. I go all the way back to the 56k modem days, In my time I have visited and taken part in more forums than I can even remember. In all my time and in all these boards I have only ever been temp banned ONCE I wonder if you can guess what forum that was.

After I recieved my temp ban I went silent only briefly logging in to check if any old school friends had pm'd me. That was my first clue that Resetera was going off the rails. I am a stickler for following rules but you can't even follow the fucking rules at resetera cos they change every damn second.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Jason was going to slam the game no matter what other critics did. Everyone could see it coming from a mile away.
No doubt especially since he got hired for a tabloid run by the globalist oligarch Michael Bloomberg

I do have to say this pathetic clickbait is typical of the shit peddler

Last edited:
It's kinda funny, people take it seriously because it's actually something they're doing over there, just not being transparant about it.
Yup, absolutely. It's getting hard to parody something that has essentially already become a parody of itself!

Ol'Scratch

No doubt especially since he got hired for a tabloid run by the globalist oligarch Bloomberg
This is what has me cracking up over here when i read the thread. So many people with blatant obvious agendas downtalking performance and scores and you have fucking sheep over there like "really? That sucks I did not know" How are people really that brain dead.

Funny thing is, in the time I spent lurking Era for the (occasionally) good games discussion, this site was literally treated as Voldemort: "the place that shall not be named," or "the old place."

I just don't understand how some of them are so divorced from reality that this website is seen as a place so terrible, most are unwilling to even utter its name.

It's pretty much bang on what happens after revolutions. England in the interregnum, Russia after the fall of the Tsar, the old regime has to be painted as evil in order to promote the view that the people should be pleased and grateful for their deliverance. And there can be no tolerance for those who remember the old days fondly. The whole thing is very much redolent of the interregnum (the period where England got rid of the monarchy) with the puritanism and the witch hunts.

Last edited:

John-Lee

Neo Member
I really wonder what the Metacritic score would have been if every singe reviewer had simply been as objective as possible, at least with regards to politics/not pander to the woke ResetEra-types. If that had been the case, it might have gotten a Metacritic score of 93-95.

kbear

I saw Karak at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom