• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ktotheroc

Neo Member
Wait - should I delete those then? I don't want her to get dogpiled on like they did to me - I only shared those to show how nice she was to me and that she's a decent person.

Leave them up honestly. The admin is just doing their duties, but knowing some members of the site, it'll cause a bit of controversy. They want an echo chamber and nothing more. Any sane individual will recognize the admin as honorable, though.

OT, but thanks for the gold rob305 rob305

Kayhan

i like that gaf has a ban justice thread for when a mod does misread the situation and goes overboard. either you can go in and make your case or your friends will do it for you and ive seen perma bans overturned. you also have warnings that fucking expire so you dont have mods who see one warning for console wars and think you are constantly shitting up threads.

i think you should read up on Cerium. From what i have read and i might not have all the details right, but he was in the news for accusing a gay librarian of making a pass at him and his friends. the case went to court and the guy was found not guilty and cerium was said to have fabricated the story because he was a homophobe. yes, owner of era was declared a homophobe by a court. cerium refused to even address the whole thing only to post a story a couple of years later about how the librarian was now in prison for murdering someone which apparently means cerium isnt a homophobe who accused someone of sexual harassment and got him fired.

outside of that, i have never seen him post anywhere on era. evillore was far more active.
Cerium is a court-documented homophobe?

No wonder he recruited documented homophobe B-Dubs to run his forum.

Last edited:
i like that gaf has a ban justice thread for when a mod does misread the situation and goes overboard. either you can go in and make your case or your friends will do it for you and ive seen perma bans overturned. you also have warnings that fucking expire so you dont have mods who see one warning for console wars and think you are constantly shitting up threads.

i think you should read up on Cerium. From what i have read and i might not have all the details right, but he was in the news for accusing a gay librarian of making a pass at him and his friends. the case went to court and the guy was found not guilty and cerium was said to have fabricated the story because he was a homophobe. yes, owner of era was declared a homophobe by a court. cerium refused to even address the whole thing only to post a story a couple of years later about how the librarian was now in prison for murdering someone which apparently means cerium isnt a homophobe who accused someone of sexual harassment and got him fired.

outside of that, i have never seen him post anywhere on era. evillore was far more active.

Holy shit at that story. That's insanely fitting for that place, just absolutely wild :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Dorohedoro

It really is insane that some of them there really believe that I was a 3 year long "Trojan Horse" troll just because B-dubs said so. If the situation was reversed and all of what happened to me, happened to someone else and the same explanation was given by B-dubs - I wouldn't believe it🤷‍♂️

She did and it was commendable. She was always so nice in our chats.

I didn't screenshot the Discord chat because it was moving so fast and I was concentrated on the conversation.

I do have these 2 to show how polite and gracious she was.

For the first one: I was keeping it to remind me of what she asked of me and for the second one: to document that I had reported the private message chat [between Kyuuji and I] that Kyuuji shared which violated the ResetEra TOS to the administration's attention:

oMsN2Wb.jpg

XDnsr80.jpg

She was always really nice to me.
If an anime girl as hot as her messaged me and was that nice I think I'd lose it...

6T2Ejyl.gif

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Wait - should I delete those then? I don't want her to get dogpiled on like they did to me - I only shared those to show how nice she was to me and that she's a decent person.

It's probably too late, but worth a shot if you want to protect her. Most of the mods there don't seem to experience empathy like the rest of us, like normal people. They're bad people, all they are capable of seeing is black and white and immediate gratification - so if they see she was nice to you, an unperson, they'll gang up on her in private and ban her.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I honestly have no clue as to the politics of Cerium but he seems well on his way to making the same mistake Evilore did:

Letting an out of control bunch of moderators and a small minority of asylum-ready users take over and change the make-up and tone of the forum.
Cerium barely posts (unless he does under a secret user name).

With the way the board runs, he either supports it fully, or simply just sits back and doesnt care. As long as Reee is big and makes ad click money, he's in the shadows. He might even be a nice guy who is indifferent to the product as long as the money keeps coming in.

Compared to ResetEra, this place really feels so much better to engage in. You don't have to be afraid of what you say or what you do anymore. It really helps with anxiety. Just chill out, laugh, and have a good time. Sure, you may have some disagreements, but it's human nature. We're complex creatures. Not to mention the website runs so much better than Era on a technical level. Whoever worked on the tech here knows their shit.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
so they all fucked over evilore to make a new forum and earn money? you’re telling me it was never about kyjiuuus fake troll postd? 😂😂
dont know about daniel and nibel, but shinobi was forced out in march 2017 after he got to play Mass Effect Andromeda early and had good things to say about it. The gaf hate machine was strong with that game due to its unfinished animations, you were not allowed to say you liked the game. gaf turned on him accusing him of being a shill and after mods did nothing, he just left gaf. shinobi might be a SJW but he didnt fuck over evillore. he wasnt even here.

they tricked a lot of gaffers by promising us a place where the insane moderation of old gaf would not be the norm. i wouldnt be surprised if they fooled shinobi too.

Last edited:
dont know about daniel and nibel, but shinobi was forced out in march 2017 after he got to play Mass Effect Andromeda early and had good things to say about it. The gaf hate machine was strong with that gamw due to its unfinished animations, you were not allowed to say you liked the game, and gaf turned on him accusing him of being a shill and after mods did nothing, he just left gaf. shinobi might be a SJW but he didnt fuck over evillore. he wasnt even here.

they tricked a lot of gaffers by promising us a place where the insane moderation of old gaf would not be the norm. i wouldnt be surprised if they fooled shinobi too.
I know that feeling...😅

teezzy

Banned
Compared to ResetEra, this place really feels so much better to engage in. You don't have to be afraid of what you say or what you do anymore. It really helps with anxiety. Just chill out, laugh, and have a good time. Sure, you may have some disagreements, but it's human nature. We're complex creatures. Not to mention the website runs so much better than Era on a technical level. Whoever worked on the tech here knows their shit.

You should try GAF Gold some day. Having new messages and stuff autoload, and there not being ads is dream like.

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

SO those pour unfortunate souls are not allowed to have a spoiler thread for the game? Just open spoiler bukkake in the main thread?

Yup my only gripe is that ERA does look a little "cleaner" in terms of presentation, IMHO. Makes it easier to read, particularly longer posts. But it's not a big deal.

Last edited:
Yup my only gripe is that ERA does look a little "cleaner" in terms of presentation, IMHO. Makes it easier to ready, particularly longer posts. But it's not a big deal.
Yeah, and I'm not the type of guy to freak out over this small detail, but I'm not a fan of the font on GAF. It's too round and bouncy for me. I wonder if there's some way to change it to something more like Era.

nush

wait, b-dubs is a homophobe?

images.jpg

No. Two different people.

Cerium is the owner.

B-Dubs was put in place as a General manager when Cerium stepped away.

Cerium is a court documented homophobe, but that's ignored because the person he was homobobic too turned out to be a serial killer. (But he was homophobic to the guy before he was caught and convicted)

benjipwns

Banned
I swear I remember an Era thread once where some dunce of a poster suggested Era take all the ad revenue and give it back to the userbase. I had laughed so hard that week just thinking about it. Pretty sure dude was pounced on for being dumb too.

This thread is still one of my favorites. All the big ideas and heady thoughts of the early days, my absolute favorite being using the ad revenue to set up game development schools in marginalized communities. All kinds of people saying they'd be willing to pay for the site so it didn't need ads that probably never did. All the banned people. How the thread just ends with no comment from the staff except for a now long long gone staff member locking it.

Oh, I forgot all the posts demanding the mods get paid too.

Last edited:

Kayhan

Yup my only gripe is that ERA does look a little "cleaner" in terms of presentation, IMHO. Makes it easier to read, particularly longer posts. But it's not a big deal.

Yeah, and I'm not the type of guy to freak out over this small detail, but I'm not a fan of the font on GAF. It's too round and bouncy for me. I wonder if there's some way to change it to something more like Era.
Somewhere Evilore is screaming.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

i think both forums are based on the same engine so it might not be as hard.

what themes are you guys using? modern or classic? i find modern dark theme to be the best of the lot.

i think both forums are based on the same engine so it might not be as hard.

what themes are you guys using? modern or classic? i find modern dark theme to be the best of the lot.

Yeah I'm using modern dark theme.

I also agree with him that the font is a little cartoony for my taste, but again it's not some major deal breaker. There are some pretty cool features here not on REE as well. I enjoy the likes system.

dolabla

To be fair to ResetEra, in the beginning there did seem to be a genuine wish among a lot of people there to get a new start without all the fanaticism that made NeoGAF so bad towards the end.

But it didn't last.

One of the biggest mistakes was that the social justice warriors on the moderation team successfully implemented only recruiting more diehard SJWs to the team and that is why ResetEra is the way it is now.

That was the message they were putting out at least, but you knew it was always going to be a disaster when you saw the same ones who shitted up this place heading over there in droves. It was always going to be the same nightmare that GAF became since it was the same people (I'd say though they are worse than even what GAF became).

Kayhan

That was the message they were putting out at least, but you knew it was always going to be a disaster when you saw the same ones who shitted up this place heading over there in droves. It was always going to be the same nightmare that GAF became since it was the same people (I'd say though they are worse than even what GAF became).
ResetEra now is even worse than GAF was at its lowest point.

matty3092

I always found bizarre that era non stop dunks on white people as if its only white people that can and are racist and literally nobody would call them out it was always ignored lol

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

This thread is still one of my favorites. All the big ideas and heady thoughts of the early days, my absolute favorite being using the ad revenue to set up game development schools in marginalized communities. All kinds of people saying they'd be willing to pay for the site so it didn't need ads that probably never did. All the banned people. How the thread just ends with no comment from the staff except for a now long long gone staff member locking it.

I skimmed it. Hilarious.

Even funnier. The guy who made the thread is permabanned. And the mod who closed the thread did a self requested permaban.

Rofl as long as you say something against transphobia everything is fair game. If I had an account there I'd just reply to a comment every five posts or so saying "trans rights are human rights" in response to their gameplay impressions or some shit. The mods can't ban you or warn you like that.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Rofl as long as you say something against transphobia everything is fair game. If I had an account there I'd just reply to a comment every five posts or so saying "trans rights are human rights" in response to their gameplay impressions or some shit. The mods can't ban you or warn you like that.
Totally.

Just start off every response with "as a supporter of LBQT rights" or "my brother is trans and I love him to death", and your ban resistance ability just shot up +80%.

Ymir

NameUser still trying his hardest to convince people that Karack is alt right and he always knew it and how obvious it all was

No one should be shocked. Dude is a tryhard. I can never finish one of his reviews.

Sorry to hear that. He always gave me alt-right vibes. It's just his attitude, like he'd be the kind of person to tell people to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and complain about SJWs. Maybe it's unfair of me to just assume that all white guys with his personality type fall into that camp 🤷🏿‍♂️

Don't worry though Karack, canceling isn't a real thing according to them!

Kayhan

TLDR Isamu Fukui is a homophobe that tried along with a few other students to get a gay librarian fired for misconduct then it was found out that this libraians actions were exactly the same as a straight female librarian when it came to telling the students to be quiet in the library (by whispering in their ear to be quiet). He then made up a bunch of bullshit about inappropriate touching by this gay librarian.

(It's heavily legal text so if I've misread it please correct me.)

A homophobe owns and runs Resetera.

Big yikes.

How does ResetEra moderators reconcile working for these people all the while banning other people for much lesser infractions?

Last edited:
You know something I'm the most proud of from my ResetEra days?

Aside from all my Cyberpunk content on both the gaming and Etcetera sides; it's the fact that I was allowed to make 5 threads that I deemed OTs [ordinarily there, they would have been basic news threads] for my Night City WIRE threads.

I only say that because obviously people enjoyed them enough for the administration/moderation team [who probably enjoyed them too] to not correct it and say "We're removing your 'OT' because they are not OTs".

[They only waited until they were about to ban me to say that😏]

I remember once in the OT claim thread that TheMoon said to me "I don't know why you keep claiming these; they're just news threads" and that's when I knew that they must be something special, because no mod ever removed the "OT" from the titles. It felt pretty good to be creating something that everyone liked to enjoy - well, almost everyone...

I bet even ZeoVGM, messofanego, that jackal Hobbes, Kyuuji, Surfinn, Redcrayon, Purseowner...all of Team Worthless probably enjoyed them as well💯

Last edited:

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
I just spent some time in the ResetEra CP2077 thread. Holy shit, are they insane. That disclaimer at the start and end of every fucking page makes them look like they are mentally ill. And their list of CDPR's 'crimes' is just... so fucking bizarre.

SlimySnake

bdubs really likes the word bitch.

BIlLMaA.png

Mjb58cP.png

B6Xz5GU.png

3TVfCR5.png

X0237a4.png

D4i0WLx.png

there are actually a few more that im not gonna bother linking. he also calls them sluts. i love how the biggest white knights turn out to be the worst of the lot. thats why i never pretend to be a saint. everyone has said something stupid online over the years. you just have to stop pretending you are better than everyone else.

Last edited:

One thing the mods had down from the beginning was the super corporate official tone. Directly copied from old GAF. I've always hated that. This is a gaming forum, it's ok to converse like a normal human being and crack a joke from time to time. We are not in a bank or in front of court.
And let's not talk about the ban messages :messenger_dizzy:

ManaByte

bdubs really likes the word bitch.

BIlLMaA.png

Mjb58cP.png

B6Xz5GU.png

3TVfCR5.png

X0237a4.png

D4i0WLx.png

there are actually a few more that im not gonna bother linking. he also calls them sluts. i love how the biggest white knights turn out to be the worst of the lot. thats why i never pretend to be a saint. everyone has said something stupid online over the years. you just have to stop pretending you are better than everyone else.

Last year a leaked script for Joker was going around and I got my hands on a copy. B-Dubs tried to shake me down and have me reveal the name of the person spreading the script around. I had to cite the California Shield Law to scare him off.

Last edited:

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

It all seems shockingly arbitrary.

B-Dubs makes sexist and racist comments anywhere from 3-7 years ago "oh that was way in the past he's grown now"
Black Chamber Black Chamber makes a MAGA joke like 3 years ago and it's all "DID YOU VOTE FOR TRUMP???!?!?!" followed by a perma-ban.

I truly hope people from Era are reading this thread and can see the hypocrisy on display here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom