• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As bad as Resetera is there is another forum with a membership just as progressive that takes joy in mocking Reeeee but secretly wishes it was there but got banned. Also not a big fan of this place. Familiar faces too!

m3Mgg2A.jpg

NKeilsh.png

Not sure who @Karak is exactly but enjoyed "gaming equivalent of stormfront" and "transphobic hate swarm".

Little bit of hyperbole there

“Made the mistake of looking at the ‘old forum’”

Yikes. Yes, avoid anything outside of resetera at all costs please. Nothing is legitimate but what is said or approved by a select few on resetera - make sure you cut off your relatives and friends who turn out to be suppressive people. Make sure you do not pay attention to anything else or use your own brain for any independent critical thought. Dismiss and avoid anything that challenges your world view. At the very least DO NOT ENGAGE.

I got a book for these guys. It’s called “Dianetics” by L Ron Hubbard - I have a hunch it’s just the thing they’re looking for.

As bad as Resetera is there is another forum with a membership just as progressive that takes joy in mocking Reeeee but secretly wishes it was there but got banned. Also not a big fan of this place. Familiar faces too!

m3Mgg2A.jpg

What is this?

EDIT: on second thought do I really need to go down another one of these rabbit holes? Maybe. It’s pretty fascinating stuff. Again with the owning of the libs lol - love it. Man I really owned myself hard on this site - I actually literally became the person who claims ownership over my liberal body I owned it so hard.

Last edited:
I got banned earlier this year for saying we shouldn't judge someone without any shred of evidence, and that we should wait and not jump to conclusions.

giphy-downsized.gif
I got permed there for 'misogyny' one and a half years ago for saying that men and women have different goals in relationships.
Well, good riddance, went completely back to here (where I had already posted again for a while at the time of my perm on era) and never looked back.
I barely posted there anything, because usually I thought they'd ban me in an instant for my opinions on stuff.
Which happened when I did.

Ozzie666

This is like watching something from Bizzaro world.

Reminds me of the inside take-down in Eve those many years ago, where the mole spent a year plotting to get to the top of the company. Then wiped them all out whilst they slept. There was threats of real life murder, probably the biggest online betrayal in gaming.

I honestly suspect there are more fake accounts and trolls on ERA than actual real users. Definitely a lot of mole accounts, It's the only explanation that makes sense out of this madness we are witnessing. This is insanity destroying itself from the inside. It's no longer a safe place, for anyone. If they continue on their current path, they will have a handful of users left, and just die off or break off into a more secluded forum.

It truly comes off as some sort of Nazi cult, Soviet regime or Chinese Communist Party. This is exactly how it all starts. They are acting like people who believe 5G caused COVID-19, or that COVID-19 isn't real. Yes if you're reading this forum, monitoring, this is the truth, you've become exactly what you fought against. But once again, I'm not sure how many ERA users, are actually legit anymore. The streams have crossed.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

m3Mgg2A.jpg

“Doxxing Files” eh. Big yikes, benji.

Ozzie666

I was listening to the recent IGN Xbox podcast where they had John Linneman from Digital Foundry as a guest. With what's going on today I'm reminded that he too was chased off of that forum. I think by the same group that got Black Chamber.

I wasn't aware of that. John is a fan of the 32X, makes him okay in my book! :)

I was listening to the recent IGN Xbox podcast where they had John Linneman from Digital Foundry as a guest. With what's going on today I'm reminded that he too was chased off of that forum. I think by the same group that got Black Chamber.

He ignored trans-eras demands to put a warning at the start of his ion storm technical review video.

Not even joking.

To be fair to the guy he didn't cave into pressure and did hear them out, but as you can imagine, that wasn't enough.

Ionian

Maybe someone can chime in with whether or not it’s this case or the Black Chamber case where GAF is referred to as Stormfront. So many things get said that it starts to blur into one.

Many people already have, there's pages of it. Read them.

What is this?

EDIT: on second thought do I really need to go down another one of these rabbit holes? Maybe. It’s pretty fascinating stuff. Again with the owning of the libs lol - love it. Man I really owned myself hard on this site - I actually literally became the person who claims ownership over my liberal body I owned it so hard.

Sorry I missed this

Their version of this thread for Ree and Neogaf

It's basically Resetera's younger brother that is pissed off that Big Bro won't play with him.

Last edited:

cyen

Just got my account deleted by my request. Although I'm all in favour to provide minories a space for them to be heard I don't agree with all the witch hunt and all the latest proto fascist agenda.

Era of today is collapsing (has been since last year) and today) its a much worse place than gaf was prior to the exodus.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I think I'll start lurking here again, and maybe come out of the woodwork a bit to post on occasion.
I find it surprising that there are people who are content to just browse for years without participating in the back and forth, but everyone has different tastes.

Engagement is fun. Try it out if you're comfortable, and I hope it's a positive experience.

cyen

I find it surprising that there are people who are content to just browse for years without participating in the back and forth, but everyone has different tastes.

Engagement is fun. Try it out if you're comfortable, and I hope it's a positive experience.

Well, i can understand that, im mostly a lurker than a poster as well.

Nakasan

This is actually me! Only posted 600 times in the 14 years I've been a member here. I mostly like to hear and learn from other people's takes on subjects, along with hoover up any breaking news.

cyen

If you don't mind me asking, why is that?

If you do mind me asking, then please feel free to tell me to go pound sand 🐹

Why would i mind? :) Well, im not the most communicative guy IRL so its mostly related to that, i do enjoy reading good discussions around gaming mostly.

Also, im not EN native so sometimes i also have issues to participate in more in depth discussions so its a mix between how i am IRL and some struggles with English language.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Why would i mind? :) Well, im not the most communicative guy IRL so its mostly related to that, i do enjoy reading good discussions around gaming mostly.

Also, im not EN native so sometimes i also have issues to participate in more in depth discussions so its a mix between how i am IRL and some struggles with English language.
I see, very good.

As someone who interacts with many non-native English speakers, a common piece of advice is that the more you interact with others, the more you improve. Reading is merely passive reinforcement, but if you generate lots of active reinforcement by producing speech or text, especially in the context of a conversation, it will connect those language neurons more strongly in your brain.

There's a lot of non serious topics that pop up here, so feel free to practice with those if you find the more in-depth conversations troublesome.

Liberty4all

Banned
Sorry I missed this

It's basically Resetera's younger brother that is pissed off that Big Bro won't play with him.

might as well mention the Farms Resetera hate thread too since everyone sharing this morning lol

both the bore and kiwi have followed the drama for years ... like going back to before Resetera existed when the drama was here. I think both sites Resetera drama threads are something of an open secret?

benjipwns

Banned
Not to take up too much of this thread but I'll just note that The Bore goes back about twelve years or so, some of the posters far far longer, and was a GAF spin-off well before many of the ResetERA.com prominent members were even Juniors here. I don't think it wants to be anything like ResetERA.com (or GAF), but rather a smaller and tighter knit group. What we do share is we all were on GAF at one point in time. That "quarantine" thread is basically the equivalent of this one except it applies to not just ResetERA.com but also GAF, Senior-Forums, reddit, etc. and is slightly more about things we find funny. Lore's even posted there a few times.

As to your other comments, I personally don't post places I don't care for. I find The Bire's form of progressivism, if we want to call it that, much much more liberal than ResetERA.com. And to address my post in the screenshot, I think the whole GAF Gold thing is funny but I don't begrudge people doing as they want to.

Isn't this just "evilbore" by a shorter name?
Used to be the place where banned GAF users went.

Nice nostalgia trip, haven't seen that place for over ten years.
Yep. I forget when the "evil" got dropped, but it was to signify that it wasn't anything personal with Lore anymore (though some users do have harsh opinions still) and it was more of its own little community.

cormack12

Gold Member
So my question is: how did such an authoritarian community become the go-to website for gaming news? All the major websites frequently cite ResetEra users as "sources" for their articles.

They surfed the back of GAFs popularity and tried to approrpiate its clout for leaks. Gaf->Internet->Gaf, but it wasn't even a shadow. Most have been baseless/proven false or they've been stuff that's already on reddit/4ch. There have been the odd one or two like. They contacted a load of journalists to prep them and say 'GAF has a new url' basically. Which was never true. And all the verifieds were basically duped (except some of the ones who joined later who were fully on board the purple hair train).

Lots of the people there are good folks. People I would honestly like to sit down and have a metaphorical beer with (I'm almost 7 years sober so not a real one). What's happening over there right now isn't business as usual. Ive been there since day 1. The mods have backed themselves into a corner and way over corrected.

Yeah, people here tend to speak of era holistically but there are some damn good people and creators over there. I think it all gets a bit blurry when they appear to stay there and be ok with srt of being dictated at. But era's activity was quite high so it's all understandable but lately GAF maybe hasn;t had as many replies (but we have reactions), but a lot of 'firsts' have appeared here before era despite being 'smaller'. It's still working itself out but one is epxanding and one is contracting. We absolutely want all those people here just like all you people. At the end of the day games don't need to be so serious and we can laugh at how absurd it is that pronouns etc. are things in games.

Last edited:
Apparently only a bigot would play Cyberpunk, so does anyone here know where I can get my bigot club card?

these fucking people think a game is ‘violence against trans people”. And yes, those are their words

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I also find it ironic that social media, which was pretty much at the point of replacing and killing forums has gone so far extreme that it now has almost created a renewed need for them. It's pretty much big bang theory for digital. Everything will contract (reddit, facebook, twitter), eventually collpase under its own weight and explode, and then as it expands again thousands of little new galaxies (forums, services etc.) will be formed and have their own ecosystems. Life is beautiful lol.

Yep. I forget when the "evil" got dropped, but it was to signify that it wasn't anything personal with Lore anymore (though some users do have harsh opinions still) and it was more of its own little community.
I think it's fun that that place is still around.
Used to post there a bit when I didn't get an account here because no proper email address etc. : D

kbear

Sorry I missed this

Go easy on The Bore, they’re good people. They’ve made talking about other Internet forums a neckbeard art form... going on almost 15 years now. The sticky used to be all about making fun of GAF till Resetera was formed three years ago. Since then it’s 90% Era, 5% GAF, and the rest Taco Bell. Honestly some of the best (and funniest) takedowns I’ve read about Era and the trans gestapo have been from that thread.

Edit: Hey demi, add a dark mode ffs. Jesus man it’s been 15 years.

Last edited:
Sorry I missed this

I.. man the World Wide Web. Sometimes I just feel out of the loop or something even though I’m way more in the loop than most people I know. But it always goes deeper. Interested to see where everything goes 10-20 years from now.

FunkMiller

I also find it ironic that social media, which was pretty much at the point of replacing and killing forums has gone so far extreme that it now has almost created a renewed need for them. It's pretty much big bang theory for digital. Everything will contract (reddit, facebook, twitter), eventually collpase under its own weight and explode, and then as it expands again thousands of little new galaxies (forums, services etc.) will be formed and have their own ecosystems. Life is beautiful lol.

I'm very interested to see how GAF progresses from here on out. A forum that is resolutely set against creating an echo chamber for one cultural subset or another is a genuinely odd thing in a landscape of websites and social media platforms where everyone is siloed off into their own little encampments, never to actually engage with another group in any meaningful way. I'm very much hoping the mods continue to push the idea that all are welcome here, and that there will be none of the segregation or safe space bullshit that's infected our entire discourse (on all wings of the political and social spectrum). Basically, the online community as a whole needs to get its balls back, and return to an era (hah!) when confrontation, discussion and resolution were the way things were handled. It'd be nice to see GAF - as a name that's been around in this milieu for a long time - be at the forefront of that change in attitude and perspective.

Last edited:

Liberty4all

Banned
I'm very interested to see how GAF progresses from here on out. A forum that is resolutely set against creating an echo chamber for one cultural subset or another is a genuinely odd thing in a landscape of websites and social media platforms where everyone is siloed off into their own little encampments, never to actually engage with another group in any meaningful way. I'm very much hoping the mods continue to push the idea that all are welcome here, and that there will be none of the segregation or safe space bullshit that's infected our entire discourse (on all wings of the political and social spectrum). Basically, the online community as a whole needs to get its ball back, and return to an era (hah!) when confrontation, discussion and resolution were the way things were handled. It'd be nice to see GAF - as a name that's been around in this milieu for a long time - be at the forefront of that change in attitude and perspective.

NeoGAF redemption arc

3BPOb8T.jpg

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I'm very interested to see how GAF progresses from here on out. A forum that is resolutely set against creating an echo chamber for one cultural subset or another is a genuinely odd thing in a landscape of websites and social media platforms where everyone is siloed off into their own little encampments, never to actually engage with another group in any meaningful way. I'm very much hoping the mods continue to push the idea that all are welcome here, and that there will be none of the segregation or safe space bullshit that's infected our entire discourse (on all wings of the political and social spectrum). Basically, the online community as a whole needs to get its balls back, and return to an era (hah!) when confrontation, discussion and resolution were the way things were handled. It'd be nice to see GAF - as a name that's been around in this milieu for a long time - be at the forefront of that change in attitude and perspective.
What a difference it makes when a sane human is steering a ship rather than an AI algorithm that maximizes clickthrough rate at the expense of humanity.

cormack12

Gold Member
tenor.gif

I'm very interested to see how GAF progresses from here on out. A forum that is resolutely set against creating an echo chamber for one cultural subset or another is a genuinely odd thing in a landscape of websites and social media platforms where everyone is siloed off into their own little encampments, never to actually engage with another group in any meaningful way. I'm very much hoping the mods continue to push the idea that all are welcome here, and that there will be none of the segregation or safe space bullshit that's infected our entire discourse (on all wings of the political and social spectrum). Basically, the online community as a whole needs to get its ball back, and return to an era (hah!) when confrontation, discussion and resolution were the way things were handled. It'd be nice to see GAF - as a name that's been around in this milieu for a long time - be at the forefront of that change in attitude and perspective.

Definitely. I'm not gonna lie we all had those teen edgelord phases on football forums lol, and I got slapped round a bit by moderator's but it kind of puts you back in line. But it was just common sense stuff. Like stuff I've seen here and had warnings for. Just like 'c'mon, knock it off now'. Not everything needs to be so extreme. It's definitely a change choosing to post somewhere that people will call you out or correct you. I think it's a personality thing, like you need to be a strong enough person to not take it personally.

Chuckie

WFei0GT.png

Freethinkers UNITE!

.......how is 'freethinkers' a bad thing?

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, a freethinker is "a person who forms their own ideas and opinions rather than accepting those of other people, especially in religious teaching." In some contemporary thought in particular, free thought is strongly tied with rejection of traditional social or religious belief systems.[2][3] The cognitive application of free thought is known as "freethinking", and practitioners of free thought are known as "freethinkers".

lunnuyu

This is how communist states work, everyone at each other’s throats, children turning in their parents, etc. You will note how Era and all their SJW journalist friends are loudly pro socialism.

That they continue to say they are on the Right Side of History while supporting an ideology that killed ten times the people Hitler did is fucking bizarro land. You can buy Mao t-shirts from Amazon but no Hitler shirts despite the former killing more people. Socialism is openly endorsed by the death cult.

They truly are historically ignorant. 100 million dead in the crusade for their failed ideology and it is not enough bodies for these monsters.

these are the same people that are vandalizing centuries old statues in US, what do you expect from them? lmao

FunkMiller

Go easy on The Bore, they’re good people. They’ve made talking about other Internet forums a neckbeard art form... going on almost 15 years now. The sticky used to be all about making fun of GAF till Resetera was formed three years ago. Since then it’s 90% Era, 5% GAF, and the rest Taco Bell. Honestly some of the best (and funniest) takedowns I’ve read about Era and the trans gestapo have been from that thread.

Is it wrong that I've mostly been lol'ing at them dragging the conspiracy nuts over on our politics forum more than anything else?

Neckbeard humour is the tastiest humour.

Last edited:

Speaking of Demi, that is an interesting topic. With Resetera banning all the evil Nazi's from it's site. Demi happens to post on Resetera's Destiny OT on a daily basis as very few people on the Bore play it. He is also the Owner/Admin of the Bore. The site that mocks the crap out of Resetera. So will Demi be able to continue posting on Resetera? How closely does Resetera watch this thread?

1HTnvxZ.jpg

ipyup3I.gif

Last edited:

regawdless

Banned
They are watching our Cyberpunk meme thread and just yet banned my account for my memes.
Didn't use it anymore so who cares, but funny how they even stalk you off site.

You have been banned for the following reason: User banned (permanent): Off site inflammatory content.

Last edited:

kbear

Speaking of Demi, that is an interesting topic. With Resetera banning all the evil Nazi's from it's site. Demi happens to post on Resetera's Destiny OT on a daily basis as very few people on the Bore play it. He is also the Owner/Admin of the Bore. The site that mocks the crap out of Resetera. So will Demi be able to continue posting on Resetera? How closely does Resetera watch this thread?

ipyup3I.gif
What is this snitching bullshit?

Me thinks this dude ain’t posting in Good Faith™

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom