• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tioslash

I remember seeing a post of this Kyuuji talking about how the whole situation was sooo frustrating for her, that she wished there wasn´t any of these issues because she preferred to be hyped about the game, blablabla

I guess it must be really tough now to be forced to be playing through it (early even). Mentally draining for sure.

Last edited:
Thats quite the scheme... complain about a game until someone gives you a free copy so you can see for yourself if your complaints are warranted.

on a side note: I for one think the RTX 3090 is hot garbage and overpriced. Change my mind.
Get the game AND change your region to play it early lmao kyuuji can fuck off.

It’s ok for me to play it cause I’m trans

original.gif

Yes she is a massive fucking hypocrite. How nobody has called her out is beyond me. the place just breeds and encourages hypocrisy
Well if the flood of "oh wow I didn't realize ERA was a cult!! Wowee wow I am so shocked by this C2077 turn of events!" posts on GAF over the past 48 hours are any indication, people do a really good job of keeping their eyes and mouths shut when it suits them.

harmny

Banned
Yes she is a massive fucking hypocrite. How nobody has called her out is beyond me. the place just breeds and encourages hypocrisy

they don't want to get banned. remember. every second playing that game is extremely painful for her. she's actually being brave now. she's sacrificing herself to see how trans representation is in the game so others don't have to suffer

Last edited:

kbear

Calling her out on it would be an instant ban unless you went out of your way to type it out in the most polite, sugarcoated way possible, and then end the post with a disclaimer promising to donate $50 to a trans charity.

I'm very interested to see how GAF progresses from here on out. A forum that is resolutely set against creating an echo chamber for one cultural subset or another is a genuinely odd thing in a landscape of websites and social media platforms where everyone is siloed off into their own little encampments, never to actually engage with another group in any meaningful way. I'm very much hoping the mods continue to push the idea that all are welcome here, and that there will be none of the segregation or safe space bullshit that's infected our entire discourse (on all wings of the political and social spectrum). Basically, the online community as a whole needs to get its balls back, and return to an era (hah!) when confrontation, discussion and resolution were the way things were handled. It'd be nice to see GAF - as a name that's been around in this milieu for a long time - be at the forefront of that change in attitude and perspective.

Honestly, the day the environment of GAF forces me to choose a side to silence other, or the day I'm told I can't talk about a topic here, is the day I'll look for another forum to talk from.

There's few things I dislike more than submit my will and my opinion to a group or individual (...unless it is my wife and her Ring)

Dries

Anyone else find it ironic that Kyuuji, the writer of the transphobia thread on ResetEra, is apparently so eager to play the game... that they set their Xbox region to NZ and has already started their playthrough?

I know they also said they wanted to play to "check out" the transphobia first hand but didn't want to give CDPR money so they had a bunch of people offering to sponsor a copy of the game for them... which makes it fine of course :messenger_tears_of_joy: Once it isn't their money...

HOOOLY shit. Has this backfired on her yet?

That forum member over there rang the ‘don’t support this transphobic company’ bell... and bought the game anyway to play it.

Way to stick it to ‘em! Lol

Kyuuji being revealed as a blatant troll after Era tanked the site for them would be the most glorious of endings.

All these dudes who have been convinced to cancel their pre-orders, to believe that Black Chamber is a alt-right sleeper agent and Karak is a literal paid-up Nazi, that CDPR is harming Trans people around the world...the game looks cool...but NO. IT DOESN'T MATTER, we have to stay strong as allies or we're as bad as the Nazis on Neogaf... but wait...kyuuji has the game? But...she said...Oh she has to play it to learn about the reasons for not playing it? I guess that makes sense. She's sacrificing herself...yes, that's it...she's so brave...but still...maybe I could sacrifice myself too? Help her out a little bit?
Yup, all of this. It is absolutely 100% cult behavior.

Typhares

.......how is 'freethinkers' a bad thing?

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, a freethinker is "a person who forms their own ideas and opinions rather than accepting those of other people, especially in religious teaching." In some contemporary thought in particular, free thought is strongly tied with rejection of traditional social or religious belief systems.[2][3] The cognitive application of free thought is known as "freethinking", and practitioners of free thought are known as "freethinkers".

Yes, but is that a quality Era looks for in its members? If you question their dogma you get instabanned.
So now you realise how much their brand of 'progressivism' is no different from a cult/religion.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I remember seeing a post of this Kyuuji talking about how the whole situation was sooo frustrating for her, that she wished there wasn´t any of these issues because she preferred to be hyped about the game, blablabla

I guess it must be really tough now to be forced to be playing through it (early even). Mentally draining for sure.
She is the Jesus of consumerism she is sacrificing herself for CDpRs sins

what a brave act she is playing a game she tells other people not to play

and all the moron dipshits going along with it. That’s the scary thing. None of these small dick soyboys will call her out for being full of shit they would rather throw away longtime community members than take a stand.

pathetic as shit

Last edited:

rob305

Tldr: Dude admitted being in an arranged marriage. In those the parents pay a dowry for the wife. He also apparently gives dating advice in the dating threads over there despite being an incel who... wait for it... never got his dick wet prior to his parents buying his wife.
Not only that...if i remember correctly his parents are both pretty successful doctors or surgeons and he lives in their basement and is a complete loser with no job or anything going for him in his mid 20s (that was a couple of years ago, maybe things changed)

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I just want everyone here to know I am the truest OG.

4ir5dzd.jpg

Going to amplify my OG ban with my previous post in this thread:

Resetera would never treat the Haitian gang representation concerns the way they did the transgender community concerns. Can you imagine POC issues getting a sticky, a red staff post, and a pinned post at the top of every single OT page?

Doubtful because that concern doesn't affect the white community.

Resetera posters who are reading this thread, please address this issue on your forum. Be an ally. You won't, because you're scared of "downplaying concerns, tone policing, history of x, etc., etc."

Last edited:

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Not strictly true there was another person that was willing to pay and they rejected him.

Resetera only existed for cerium as he thought he could flip it for a six figure sum that Evilore was once offered for GAF. It was and still is all about the money and I assume it is still paying for itself and turning somewhat of a profit but as soon as it gets near the red he'll sell it.
This is me btw. I tried to fund the whole thing at inception and I was ignored completely. You can find my posts on Resetera about my beef with being ignored. That's why they looked for a reason to perma me. I thought it was odd to be flat out ignored. If they were like, fuck you, we want the money, fine. But it was just a brick wall.

Last edited:

dionysus

Yaldog
People need to grow up and realize its ok for people not to like you. Some of these banned posters posting in this thread would still be swallowing Era's shit and begging for more except Era kicked them out and won't even let them beg to get back in. Self-flagellation, er I mean one month self imposed bans to try to stop the bullying. Its not the bullies that are the problem, its me if I just whip myself enough they will accept me. Oh please B-Dubs, I swear to god I never had a positive thought about Trump. It was a joke. Please forgive me, don't ban me.... Let me go on Neogaf and post how I am totally still totally supportive of the insanity on Era and definitely still hate Trump.

There is a theme to these posts. Express support for Era's causes as a first step. Then, emphasize that support and talk about how it was a misunderstanding that Era thought they didn't support the cause. Complain how the moderation didn't allow them to tell their side of the story and realize that they are really a perfect member of Era. So really the only problem with Era is misunderstandings and moderation. Not that the whole site is cesspit of emotional vampires that need daily sacrifices of new blood in order to give meaning to their pathetic lives.

No you were in a cult and you still haven't realized it. You will either wake up and learn a lesson, or you will realize that neogaf is not a cult and go somewhere else to fill that void in your life.

/mat404a

Last edited:
So she made a stink, got people banned and is just playing the game as if all of the drama that she caused didn't occur? That's fucked up.

all those demands that people who play the game donate to trans charities, massive long posts on why you should feel bad playing the game at the top of every page.

Game comes out and they have a copy day one and are showing off gameplay clips of themselves playing it.

It's hilarious and it makes the idiots who caved into their demands, look even more stupid. Bravo if that's a troll account. Bravo.

Last edited by a moderator:

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
People need to grow up and realize its ok for people not to like you. Some of these banned posters posting in this thread would still be swallowing Era's shit and begging for more except Era kicked them out and won't even let them beg to get back in. Self-flagellation, er I mean one month self imposed bans to try to stop the bullying. Its not the bullies that are the problem, its me if I just whip myself enough they will accept me. Oh please B-Dubs, I swear to god I never had a positive thought about Trump. It was a joke. Please forgive me, don't ban me.... Let me go on Neogaf and post how I am totally still totally supportive of the insanity on Era and definitely still hate Trump.

There is a theme to these posts. Express support for Era's causes as a first step. Then, emphasize that support and talk about how it was a misunderstanding that Era thought they didn't support the cause. Complain how the moderation didn't allow them to tell their side of the story and realize that they are really a perfect member of Era. So really the only problem with Era is misunderstandings and moderation. Not that the whole site is cesspit of emotional vampires that need daily sacrifices of new blood in order to give meaning to their pathetic lives.

No you were in a cult and you still haven't realized it. You will either wake up and learn a lesson, or you will realize that neogaf is not a cult and go somewhere else to fill that void in your life.

/mat404a

People want to belong to a community. That's nothing new. That's human nature. People will then make excuses for the community they belong to because they want to keep the peace. I doubt everyone here that got banned was 100% on board with all the bullshit over there. More likely they just tried to ignore it / made excuses that it was only a small number of people who acted that way, etc.

Then these folks get banned _just for being on GAF_ -- in my case, I haven't posted anything on Era in months, but they saw me post here, and boom, ban.

Nothing culty about it. The only "cult" people are the 10% of folks there who seemingly control the narrative of the entire site. Most of the people still there, and I'd wager 99% of the people who caught a ban, are just normal folks who wanted to be in a community that provided some value in their routine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom