• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think another major issue is there's no real acceptance/happiness that exists there either. I don't see anyone happily discussing life, their struggles and overcoming them, etc. It's just this idotic acting like they're in a fucking foxhole battling in a war and not talking about video games on an internet forum.

They keep pointing here like we're evil goblin monsters gnashing our teeth and slapping each other in pure hate, but from here it seems like people fucking around, joking, laughing and talking about vidya, whereas there it's a nightmarish purge of all wrongthink and the very real threat of doxing if you toe slightly over the line.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I just want everyone here to know I am the truest OG.

4ir5dzd.jpg

Going to amplify my OG ban with my previous post in this thread:

Resetera would never treat the Haitian gang representation concerns the way they did the transgender community concerns. Can you imagine POC issues getting a sticky, a red staff post, and a pinned post at the top of every single OT page?

Doubtful because that concern doesn't affect the white community.

Resetera posters who are reading this thread, please address this issue on your forum. Be an ally. You won't, because you're scared of "downplaying concerns, tone policing, history of x, etc., etc."

Thats really the worst thing about all this.

I can accept that parts of marginalized communities get upset about stuff. I might not agree with the rationale but sure this is a thing that happens.

What I can’t accept is the selective and performative wokeness of catering to only specific groups claiming injury. The “Asian Summit” was a spectacular failure and I don’t think the summit for black people prior to that went over well either.

Yet the proverbial red carpet has been rolled out for a specific group of TransEra and their perpetually offended allies. Why the outrage with one and dismissal of the other? Is it because defending trans people is fashionable these days? And are you really telling me that Chromanticore is the most bigoted thing out of all the big video games to come out this fall?

So she made a stink, got people banned and is just playing the game as if all of the drama that she caused didn't occur? That's fucked up.

How the fuck is this not a major talking point there? They've all but said anyone playing the fucking game is supporting transphobia, but the person who made the thread they all congregate in bought the fucking thing and is posting screenshots as they play and NO ONE finds that odd?

JOnLzYi.png

EDIT: A beacon in the night!

DQSPvJZ.png

Last edited:

pogggggereree

Neo Member
Jesus Christ. No kidding. Everyone hates everything and themselves over there.

That dude dphex is like the harbinger of hating and shitting on literally everything. Everywhere you look he is just constantly bitching and moaning. It must be exhausting to be so miserable all day. I dont think ive ever seen him post anything positive.

Last edited:

Rillania

Gold Member
I find it surprising that there are people who are content to just browse for years without participating in the back and forth, but everyone has different tastes.

Engagement is fun. Try it out if you're comfortable, and I hope it's a positive experience.

I'm the kind of person who tends to enjoy listening more to others rather than actually talking themselves, although I do enjoy a good conversation. More often than not, I'm that introverted quiet person at parties / social gatherings who kind of exists in the background. I'm far more talkative to people, or in situations, I'm more familiar with. When I was younger, it was mostly due to being extremely shy, and I still am to a far lesser degree, but nowadays it's mostly because I'm pretty comfortable and content with being a wallflower and chiming in when I feel like it.

So now that I've actually pulled the trigger and made an account, I'm more likely to actually participate haha.

tioslash

JOnLzYi.png

DQSPvJZ.png

Won´t get very far in there with all this logic and common sense.

And regarding that topic, lol. Yeah... seems typical.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.

JOnLzYi.png

DQSPvJZ.png
If I still had an account there I think this would be the straw where I would ask for a ban. Its literally like going out in public and starting a fight downtown and then commenting on how violent it is there. Like.....just enjoy games and stop poking at every single stupid thing.

Trans thread is emptying out of people while the OT is just like any other OT and full of people sharing impressions. Hardly a mention of the 'controversy' beyond a small reference here and there. It's almost like it never happened. If they didn't have that wall of text at the top of every page you wouldn't know there was even a problem.

Very curious. It seems like the battle for Cyberpunk has been comprehensively lost despite all the raging we saw yesterday. I guess the US isn't fully awake and engaged yet? Even so Kyuuji is in the UK and she seems to have given up. Surely there is going to have to be some kind of reckoning. I'm getting bored over here truth be told.

Trans thread is emptying out of people while the OT is just like any other OT and full of people sharing impressions. Hardly a mention of the 'controversy' beyond a small reference here and there. It's almost like it never happened. If they didn't have that wall of text at the top of every page you wouldn't know there was even a problem.

Very curious. It seems like the battle for Cyberpunk has been comprehensively lost despite all the raging we saw yesterday. I guess the US isn't fully awake and engaged yet? Even so Kyuuji is in the UK and she seems to have given up. Surely there is going to have to be some kind of reckoning. I'm getting bored over here truth be told.
They're still locking the OT for tomorrow, right?

Last edited:

cyen

To be honest i dont know why i stayed there for so long, well, there are still very good people on that place and usually the news get there first but things are like that for some time now, well better later than ever to open my eyes.

i´ve been banned a few times just by replying to someone regarding a Xbox vs PS topic and it was deemed as consoles wars immediatly, no questions asked and i wasnt even being mean or troll, just honestly a different opinion and then you see all the same guys there pushing their agendas and nothing happens, i bet they are on discord planning mass reports just to ban people that dont follow their agenda. Speak bad about TLOU2? Banned, speak something about a different point of view regarding politics, etc? Banned. Fail to use the correct pronoum? Banned. Hype a game that you are eager to try but the forum (erhmmm a couple of facists) already deemed it as worse than pineaple on pizza? Banned

Going to grab my popcorn while that place crashes to the ground with all those proto facists managing the forum.

Soodanim

JOnLzYi.png

DQSPvJZ.png
That's it, I'm 100% convinced that there's a secret Discord server where people discuss deep undercover trolling like this. Regular trolling got boring so they stepped it up and now attempt to manipulate entire communities. Now it's a social experiment to see how far they can push it and influence people before they're discovered.

cyen

Does it really matter? Usually news is just a post with link to Twitter, Youtube etc. Just follow good gaming Twitter and you're set.

I know, but i dont use social networks often so its nice to have all the gaming news on the same place, which from now on it will be here once again.

cyen

That's it, I'm 100% convinced that there's a secret Discord server where people discuss deep undercover trolling like this. Regular trolling got boring so they stepped it up and now attempt to manipulate entire communities. Now it's a social experiment to see how far they can push it and influence people before they're discovered.

That´s what i like to think. The reality? Just people sad at everything at life so they just search for things to complain. Just read the premise of that thread and some comments and... out of words..

I don't think they'll do that now.

They are going to have to surely?

Does feel like an unwise step now that we are actually here and the thread is top of the 'trending' charts. One of those things that sounds like a good idea until you actually have to do it. They should have banned the OT until after the 11th instead of starting it and then locking it.

LOL They're gonna close the thread and then the pinned thread is gonna get fucking swamped by people who don't know why it got locked and just wanna talk about the game.

Just an avalanch of people talking about builds and quests while every so often someone tries to steer the topic back.

cormack12

Gold Member

Does feel like an unwise step now that we are actually here and the thread is top of the 'trending' charts. One of those things that sounds like a good idea until you actually have to do it. They should have banned the OT until after the 11th instead of starting it and then locking it.

Dunno, the likes of kyujji and yuoke etc were all saying there isn't a point any more. Given the shitshow of the last few days, I think they will decideto keep it open after consulting with 'trans' members. They might not, but these roll back quicker than a Rockstar patch.

The ot is being locked?
It was originally gonna get locked for Trans day of reflection, something like that IIRC, but because the game got moved again to the current release date the mods realized that it wouldn't be out and couldn't be locked for that reason, they just said "UHHHH WELL UH...WE'RE CLOSING IT THE DAY OF RELEASE ANYWAY!"

Last edited:
Dunno, the likes of kyujji and yuoke etc were all saying there isn't a point any more. Given the shitshow of the last few days, I think they will decideto keep it open after consulting with 'trans' members. They might not, but these roll back quicker than a Rockstar patch.

ffs lock the fucking thread or this whole drama is going to be over.

Someone stir up some shit quick

Dunki

JOnLzYi.png

DQSPvJZ.png
YEAH This will be a fun thread to laugh at while getting home from work XD

prisoners being dangerous criminals is an outdated view?
Not only that but also these are Prisioners from an Ultra high Tec Prision where only the absolute Monsters go.

Last edited:
Pleasantly surprised to see so many openly admit to being a fan of Stern. Was expecting them to complain.

Maybe he's just that tame now.
He is, it's embarassing.

Yes he is that tame. To say the show is a shadow of its former self is an understatement. The edgiest things they do now is talk about Ronnie the limo driver liking to get pegged by his fiance.

The ironic thing though is that if anyone posted anything, literally anything from the Stern show in the 80s, 90s, or early 2000s, they would be permabanned from ree in a second.

I have to give it to Howard though, the fact that he had been able to handwave away the first 25 years of his career by saying "I've grown" is something.

Yeah, it's almost as though they only really wanted to lock the OT to stick it to the person who was going to make the OT, and now that's no longer their concern.

It mean, it will be an absolute clusterfuck and the stupidest thing you could possibly do, unless you WANT to generate toxicity and chaos.

Which means, they're definitely doing it.

Last edited:

Patriots7

How the fuck is this not a major talking point there? They've all but said anyone playing the fucking game is supporting transphobia, but the person who made the thread they all congregate in bought the fucking thing and is posting screenshots as they play and NO ONE finds that odd?
It's frustrating, because I understood their desire to bring awareness to how the game could be offensive or a stressor to the transgender community. There was an opportunity to have a civil and adult conversation, and I might have even learned from it. But now it just feels like it was all for show and drummed up controversy for attention, which really is making me indifferent about the entire matter - clearly if they are able to get over it and enjoy the game.

I'm just going to avoid all of the HP threads, because clearly people are taking advantage of these controversies rather than actually argue for in good faith.

Dunki

Seems like the simple solution would be to have a thread dedicated for people to talk about how they feel the game is problematic for the issues they see.

You can have an OT, a thread for how problematic the game is, a thread for the performance of the game on PC/Console, so on so forth.

I’m guessing that isn’t good enough tho.
Only works when the people there whould not hijack the offical thread to antagonize EVERYONE in there so they can get more people banned who enjoy this game.

The Gestapo I mean Trans Community on Era can do what they want because when they would get banned they would all Shout TRANS LIVES MATTERS. Who cares if a trans person is doxxing someone.

Last edited:

lunnuyu

well, actually, that's not far from truth

I did hear about this stuff regarding other forums where they have some members pretending to be very woke, much like the TransEra users but on their discord server are basically the opposite of the trolling they do on said forum (saying the n-word, mocking minorities they get offended over if they are mocked on forum etc)

Seems like the simple solution would be to have a thread dedicated for people to talk about how they feel the game is problematic for the issues they see.

You can have an OT, a thread for how problematic the game is, a thread for the performance of the game on PC/Console, so on so forth.

I’m guessing that isn’t good enough tho.

that would be silencing voices :)

you saw how upset they got over their thread getting zero traffic so they had to get it pinned and then a huge disclaimer added to the OT

Only works when the people there whould not hijack the offical thread to antagonize EVERYONE in there so they can get more people banned who enjoy this game.
Then mods move the hijacking posts to their appropriate threads.

that would be silencing voices :)

you saw how upset they got over their thread getting zero traffic so they had to get it pinned and then a huge disclaimer added to the OT
It’s not tho. You are just asking people to stay on topic and post their thoughts in the appropriate thread. No different than asking people to not post their issue with the NFL in the MMA OT.

teezzy

Banned
Yes he is that tame. To say the show is a shadow of its former self is an understatement. The edgiest things they do now is talk about Ronnie the limo driver liking to get pegged by his fiance.

The ironic thing though is that if anyone posted anything, literally anything from the Stern show in the 80s, 90s, or early 2000s, they would be permabanned from ree in a second.

I have to give it to Howard though, the fact that he had been able to handwave away the first 25 years of his career by saying "I've grown" is something.

Lmao Ronnie gets pegged?!

BYSA19Y.gif

To Stern's credit, it would be fairly unbecoming for a dude in his 60's to still be throwing lunch meat at chicks' bare asses and hitting on women younger than his daughters

Marci Turk did a number on him, but maybe it's for the better

#Phonepunk#

Banned
prisoners being dangerous criminals is an outdated view?
Don’t forget Miles is a black man fighting the murderers of his father. But his father was a cop! Quit oppressing violent prisoners you fatherless black teenager!

Last edited:
It's frustrating, because I understood their desire to bring awareness to how the game could be offensive or a stressor to the transgender community. There was an opportunity to have a civil and adult conversation, and I might have even learned from it. But now it just feels like it was all for show and drummed up controversy for attention, which really is making me indifferent about the entire matter - clearly if they are able to get over it and enjoy the game.

I'm just going to avoid all of the HP threads, because clearly people are taking advantage of these controversies rather than actually argue for in good faith.
The problem, as always. is how people argue.

HP for example: My girlfriend is a massive fan, we're planning on going to Disney and Wizarding World after COVID dies down. She knows about and acknowleges the issues, but HP was a part of her childhood and and still something she enjoys today so she still finds joy and fun in it.

Most people who are not insane would understand that and be fine. They'd understand that going to a theme park and reading the books she has a connection with is not a tacit acknowledgement of Rowling's current ideals.

In Era though she'd be seen as a hatefilled transphobe who hates every single trans person ever and revels in their misery.

If you ever say "Uhhh that's a little overboard" you'd get REEEEEEED at with "EVERY DAY TRANS PEOPLE ARE IN DANGER AND YOUR FEE FEES ARE HURT BY MEAN POSTS? GET SOME PERSPECTIVE FUCKING TERF SCUMBAG MODS PERMABAN PLEASE"

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So I've been watching the handmaid's tale for the first time, it's great btw, and I really think that's how "those people" see the current world. They thing they're so oppressed that they just become miserable 24/7/365.

I've said it before a few days ago, but I really just feel sorry for them. Having Trump living in their heads isn't helping much either. I think they'll go the rest of their lives thinking to world is always against them and it's just sad.

Then mods move the hijacking posts to their appropriate threads.

It’s not tho. You are just asking people to stay on topic and post their thoughts in the appropriate thread. No different than asking people to not post their issue with the NFL in the MMA OT.

I totally agree with you, just that’s their point of view that if you have separate topics for politics/games they see it as some sort of handwaiving humans rights issues

of course that’s an insane perspective...but seeing their threads get no traffic is an insult to them and the agenda they’re trying to promote

ResetERA is NOT a gaming forum. It’s a political forum that uses gaming discussion as a means to thought police

I totally agree with you, just that’s their point of view that if you have separate topics for politics/games they see it as some sort of handwaiving humans rights issues

of course that’s an insane perspective...but seeing their threads get no traffic is an insult to them and the agenda they’re trying to promote

ResetERA is NOT a gaming forum. It’s a political forum that uses gaming discussion as a means to thought police
Well fucking said.

Shouldnt mods normally remove or ban the people antagonizing other people by breaking the actual rules? Just asking^^
Escalation really. First I would move the post, talk to the user, goes up from their. Warnings, thread ban, on up.

Make sure you don’t assume intentions. Keep in mind their is a person behind the account. Don’t hold grudges.

I know that some (based on reports I read and posts) feel like moderation moves too slow here sometimes. It’s just that the team tries to value every individual. Understanding that people grow and change over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom