• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ol'Scratch

Why does an obvious shitpost trigger you this much?
Because when I try to get people to come to Gaf, telling them how it used to be and what it could be again they say "well what about this, this, and this is it true?" and I say "no no, it really isn't it is drama stemming from past situations, people are not really like that" this is the shit they see.
I mean, there are so many fucking ways to shit on something, so many expressive curse words and linguistical fusions to mock things and say how stupid something is and yet people can not hesitate the knee jerk horse shittery of "gay/tranny/retard/jap/homo/ purposefully misgendering people" reactions.
"huh huh it is only a shit post, nobody meant it ha ha this is the internets , why so serious huh huh amirite?"
Myself, I would love to see this place grow and prove the asshats over at ree wrong. I would like to see real content instead of a bunch of copy pastes of Re threads with minor changes. A marketplace forum that is on life support due to lack of people bothering, and getting more game devs and insiders back.

anime avatar - thats good protection
Basically anything a paedophile would have will do just nicely

c5DaIPY.gif

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Because when I try to get people to come to Gaf, telling them how it used to be and what it could be again they say "well what about this, this, and this is it true?" and I say "no no, it really isn't it is drama stemming from past situations, people are not really like that" this is the shit they see.
I mean, there are so many fucking ways to shit on something, so many expressive curse words and linguistical fusions to mock things and say how stupid something is and yet people can not hesitate the knee jerk horse shittery of "gay/tranny/retard/jap/homo/ purposefully misgendering people" reactions.
"huh huh it is only a shit post, nobody meant it ha ha this is the internets , why so serious huh huh amirite?"
Myself, I would love to see this place grow and prove the asshats over at ree wrong. I would like to see real content instead of a bunch of copy pastes of Re threads with minor changes. A marketplace forum that is on life support due to lack of people bothering, and getting more game devs and insiders back.
That is still extremely ERA-like. You got a literal joke one of millions on this same thread and not even the worst one and this is what gets you mad/call someone out on? I called Seph gay as in something they would say but I must admit I have always thought of said character as shit and not very manly but I digress you are overreacting.

Basically anything a paedophile would have will do just nicely

c5DaIPY.gif

117893974_2812965365599438_4868108387344818784_o.jpg

tenor.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Papacheeks

Banned

That's what mods and ignore feature are for. Usually people who shit post or do drive by posting get ignored in the conversation.

You can't grow as a poster without seeing people ignore you, and not taking you serious. Cancelling someone's voice doesn't produce progress in young members.

If too much garbage is being posted mods step in

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Also it sounds like you want old gaf back with no wrongthink/hurtful (selective) words regardless of context or who is posting them.

Sounds great.

IF I am wrong in my assumption please correct me new returners people telling me how to post on ResetERA's discussion thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Komatsu

I would like to see real content instead of a bunch of copy pastes of Re threads with minor changes.

Hi, Scratch, I can't say I am familiar with all the the content over at ERA, but with all due respect I think we do have plenty of great stuff here.

At the risk of sounding immodest, I believe our Cyberpunk OT is leagues and bound better than theirs. They have plenty of great OTs as well, but I would risk and say that many of the OTs here are better, if not bigger.

We have absolutely peerless retro coverage. Look at Daniel Thomas MacInnes Daniel Thomas MacInnes 's Saturn thread - the gold standard. I do not want to blow my own horn again, but I do believe our DC 20th Anniversary thread was also vastly superior to theirs in both design and content - I went there and checked.

I also dislike some of the juvenile insult-flinging, but if people think this defines the community as a whole... It's their choice. There's a sizeable contingent of LGBT-friendly, progressive folk as well, you just need to know where to find us.

And mind you, I have nothing against Era - I am just a man of habit and I've been here for years and never had any intention of moving. The only thing they do have which one can't find here is a plethora of gaming journos.

Karunamon

The only thing they do have which one can't find here is a plethora of gaming journos.

Some would say that's a feature, not a bug. There's enough incestuous circlejerking (remember the GameJournoPros email list? There's no doubt a version of that around still) in that group that anyone who calls themself one is immediately suspect. If there are none of them here because Gaf has a slight edge at times, maybe that's for the best.

Last edited:

Ymir

The mentally slow Kermit the frog guy who has been attacking people finally articulated his hard line stance

That1GoodHunter said:
If im being honest, Cyberpunk 2077 never appealed to me. So skipping it over principle was never going to be hard.

These are the people attacking and belittling others, "this game never appealed to me and I was never going to buy it but I'll be skipping it on principle!!!!!!"

Truly no one is more morally pure than this mob.

And it continues

This shit absolutely kills me. The hilarity is just too much. In what universe can any of those games, or even all of them combined, actually come close to being a replacement for the experience of CP2077 for....anyone? But sure, why not.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
The funniest thing is how all the people in the sticky thread have access to play THIS game for free....huh....what a coincidence.

why should anyone believe anything they’ve ever said about trans representation in this game when they can’t even hold themselves back from playing it lmao

Performative wokeness and permanent victimhood - the thread.

Yeah I'm wondering the same thing. They have been campaigning against this game and boycotting it for months and yet ON RELEASE DAY they all have access to this 60$ AAA game one way or another FOR FREE. Account sharing, gifts, friends, someone dropped it on the street or whatever.

Android Sophia should grow a brain and stop this nonsense instead of locking all Cyberpunk threads. These fake trans are all lying to her.

Ktotheroc

Neo Member
Whoever reads this on ERA should let Kyuuji know she's a spineless cunt with a lack of morals. Imagine protesting the game for "transphobia".......just to pour her heart and soul into 100%ing the game on release day. It's funny to overhaul the OT and remember days dedicated to trans people, but forget about supposed boycotts and protests once the game is actually out.

This shit absolutely kills me. The hilarity is just too much. In what universe can any of those games, or even all of them combined, actually come close to being a replacement for the experience of CP2077 for....anyone? But sure, why not.

Just a way for the devs to try and get money for these games literally no one gives a shit about. 60USD for that pack seems like... maybe... maaaaybe too much.

Soodanim

And it continues

This is GENIUS.

“Economically marginalised”

The linguistic hoops some people jump through actually says a lot about the language often used by some over there. It’s hyperbolic and otherwise unnecessary. The cosmic balance is that for every way they find to rephrase something so they don’t offend someone who wouldn’t be offended anyway, they label something else as transphobia or call someone a nazi.

Gotta say, ResetEra surprised me. I used to tell that Era is always gonna make outrages of games they never liked or were interested in in the first place. Easy to boycott FIFA if you never played one. Takes no effort to prove you won't play the new Call of Duty for MTX's if you have not played one in 10 years. Easy to say you won't play the new Halo because Microsoft supports racist dudes if these folks only ever play what's on PlayStation or maybe the Nintendo consoles.

With Cyberpunk, they legitimately surprised me! Tried to one-up each other with the controversies, asking modertion to ban discussion of the game, and so on. And then, after all that happened, after all the users that got banned or chased away... they're right there, hunting down early copies, doing New Zealand tricks to play earlier, getting addicted to this racist transphonic ableist piece of shit game that is killing folks left and right.

So yes, they can get outraged about games they like. It's just that said outrage makes no difference to them: they're all lining up on day 1 to buy it anyway. Interesting fights there when they can not do the bare minimum of not supporting a company they think is hurting people.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
XQSZKUY.png

1. Trolling on point.
2.When you lock a topic it falls off the front page so nobody can see it.
3. The loudest voices complaining about the transphobia are all playing it.

tenor.gif

If I remember this guy correctly he was pretty normal here on GAF for awhile then has turned more and more like what is quoted above after the split. It's interesting to see how their minds get warped over time.

nush

This is GENIUS.

“Economically marginalised”

The linguistic hoops some people jump through actually says a lot about the language often used by some over there. It’s hyperbolic and otherwise unnecessary. The cosmic balance is that for every way they find to rephrase something so they don’t offend someone who wouldn’t be offended anyway, they label something else as transphobia or call someone a nazi.

4eFPU4D.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom