• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickFire

Virtue signaling because you're pouty that you weren't able to virtue signal last month is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard of.

Last edited:
Virtue signaling because you're pouty that you weren't able to virtue signal last month is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard of.

It's pretty insane honestly. I've been defending them some on this issue but this is just to damned much. If you miss a holiday by a month you don't get just bring it forward. Try telling people in February happy new years and look at the expression you get.

jason10mm

Gold Member

Someone explain this to me.. it's racist to not recast a black character or what's racist here?
I don't really care what Reeeee has to say but to me it is ridiculous to not recast. The actor died of cancer, not an on-set accident or something. And quite frankly he was the least impressive part of BP IMHO. I can think of quite a few black men who could do the part.

Same with Leia. Recasting a swan song performance is difficult but it would have been better than what we got in RoS if Leia was supposed to be integral to the film initially.

Still, I imagine they will just stall on any BP stuff for a year or 2 and then recast when everyone has forgotten. I hear RDJr isn't busy and he has some experience with this kinda role :p

TVexperto

rqKzoIx.jpg

My brain is having such a hard fucking time keeping up with all the loopholes, exceptions, justifications, etc.

So gender fluid/trans/non-binary ppl should NOT be shamed for buying/playing the game, but everyone else should be, correct? Just making sure I'm fully up to date on the rulings.

I hate the fucking "talk down to" expression. It's used to stifle and debate or disagreement, and they can apply it selectively as needed. This guy is quite the piece of work.
This has to be a joke. They have been attacking EVERY MEMBER for wanting to play the game and now they are the only ones allowed to play it and discuss it? My brain hurts this is too much.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
calling out hypocrisy is "talking down" to them. because they are on a higher level than you. these privileged shits come first, don't forget. they are beyond criticism.

big LOLz @

PDWSrBx.jpg

like the loophole how, if you are LGBT then you can't possibly platform anything harmful. they place these people on a pedestal and treat them with kid gloves at the same time.

Last edited:

Enzo88

Help me understand, that shithole :
1) bans you for having political views that don't fit the only one they allow.
2) checks your online/private activities outside of the website to confirm if your political/social views fit the only one they deem worthy
3) tells you if you're allowed to buy/ play/comment on a game according to your gender affiliation.

How many people are still in there again? Aren't they ashamed? You must really disrespect yourself, humanity and all we did through hundreds of years of liberal, democratic thinking to be ok with all of this.

Ymir

rqKzoIx.jpg

My brain is having such a hard fucking time keeping up with all the loopholes, exceptions, justifications, etc.

So gender fluid/trans/non-binary ppl should NOT be shamed for buying/playing the game, but everyone else should be, correct? Just making sure I'm fully up to date on the rulings.

I hate the fucking "talk down to" expression. It's used to stifle all debate or disagreement, to be applied selectively as needed to "protect" any "community". This guy is quite the piece of work.
LOL so the troons can brigade and attack people but how dare you point out that they bought and enjoy the game? Figures the guy talking about a friends non binary wife is doing mental gymnastics of why he's not transphobic for playing and enjoying cyberpunk. #oneofthegoodones

QdT5aUn.jpg

Bets on when he will reinstall it again? Tomorrow? Sunday? Next week? Uninstalling and reinstalling repeatedly should at least keep him busy and give meaning to his life.

What a fucking clown.
It's such a circlejerk now. I peeked back a few times (and found that my account still wasn't banned, so they must be getting lazy) and the commentary is so sterile and monotonous. It's not intellectually engaging for me anymore.

Jaybe

What kills me is, they are attacking people who want to support them because....... Well I'm not sure. Maybe they aren't as militant? I don't know. But the whole "you aren't an ally enough" mentality is doing absolutely nothing to help their cause, and in reality is hurting it.

The left will eat itself....
It was predicted.

The left will eat itself....
It was predicted.

I don't find this to be true necessarily. I mean just because a few insane people are pushing myself and others away from the cause doesn't mean we will suddenly become transphobes and fight against them. It just means we will have to do it differently. I still support the base message. That transphobia needs to be called out. What I don't support is taking it to this extreme where OTs are closed, the can't be talked about or other threads made. It's just way way to far

Doomtrain

I don't find this to be true necessarily. I mean just because a few insane people are pushing myself and others away from the cause doesn't mean we will suddenly become transphobes and fight against them. It just means we will have to do it differently. I still support the base message. That transphobia needs to be called out. What I don't support is taking it to this extreme where OTs are closed, the can't be talked about or other threads made. It's just way way to far

I'm reminded of when gay rights was the big cause du jour, and shows like Queer Eye came out. At a time when gay people were still openly discriminated against, there was a huge push to show the public that gay people were just regular people. And beyond just being regular, it highlighted a ton of positive character traits! They'd come remodel your house. They'd teach you how to cook. They'd teach you about culture, fashion, and self-care. They openly demonstrated why the world was a better place with them in it.

The trans movement you see on places like Era (and I want to emphatically state that this DOES NOT represent transpeople as a whole) demonstrates the opposite. They constantly push transpeople as being miserable, uptight dictators who force people to walk on eggshells around them, and they have the audacity to say they speak for the community as a whole. In doing so, they're accomplishing exactly the opposite of what they claim to be fighting for.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
whether or not you buy it shouldn't matter to them. the fact that they are going on and on about it, giving it tons of attention, PLATFORMING IT, makes them total hypocrites. you can't post an Alex Jones video on the site because someone has decided everything can says is dangerous. they say that giving him a platform is dangerous. that is the reason for banning him. this is why Era bans him too. he is a toxic creator and anything he creates will brainworm you into a nazi. this is their stupid fucking narrative that they build their entire ideology around. this is why they ban a lot of people. if a creator is toxic, they cannot be platformed, cannot be discussed in any way. being "toxic" means you are branded as inherently evil to these morally righteous assholes. you must be purged from memory and removed from the pure culture by the woke gestapo.

yet they can just play this game openly? well, some of them can, some of them can't. if you are "too excited", like they accused Black Chamber of being, then that will be used against you. your enthusiasm is a liability. if you aren't in the cool kids club, if you aren't parroting Cult Speak to a 100% accuracy, then you are a heretic, you must be excommunicated, they will make up any bullshit reason, once they have decided you do not belong. do not complain. they are infallible. it's just complete and utter bullshit. these people are entirely full of shit.

Last edited:

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm reminded of when gay rights was the big cause du jour, and shows like Queer Eye came out. At a time when gay people were still openly discriminated against, there was a huge push to show the public that gay people were just regular people. And beyond just being regular, it highlighted a ton of positive character traits! They'd come remodel your house. They'd teach you how to cook. They'd teach you about culture, fashion, and self-care. They openly demonstrated why the world was a better place with them in it.

The trans movement you see on places like Era (and I want to emphatically state that this DOES NOT represent transpeople as a whole) demonstrates the opposite. They constantly push transpeople as being miserable, uptight dictators who force people to walk on eggshells around them, and they have the audacity to say they speak for the community as a whole. In doing so, they're accomplishing exactly the opposite of what they claim to be fighting for.

Well there's an innate difficulty that comes with trans issues over others in the LGBT umbrella.

"I'm a lesbian and I love women" - okay that's easy

"I'm a gay man and I love men" - also easy

"I'm bi and I love both" - sure that's simple enough

"I'm trans so I was born the wrong gender so now I need an operation to 'correct' the mistake that I feel has been made. Also I can choose to not ever have the operation since I'm happy dressing as the opposite gender but I should still get to use any bathroom I want despite my appearance. Also also these are now my pronouns that you must learn and use and everything you have ever learned about sex and gender is wrong." - wait what?

So that's why I've never really been able to understand why people are so quick to call people "literal nazis" when they don't immediately feel comfortable upending their entire understanding of sex and gender in society because 0.3% of the population demands it. It's asking a whole hell of a lot more than any other minority in society.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Wait, so is Cyberpunk discussion really banned at RE?
The OT is frozen for 24 hours to honour the trans injustices, but you can talk about the game in the thread saying CDPR are transphobic and we should ban the game on the board. Yeah, I didn't write that incorrectly. If the original boycott went as poorly as this one, Charles Boycott's family would still be in Ireland.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I don’t think these people realize that this rhetoric is causing way more harm for the trans community than Cyberpunk ever will. There is not a single trans person on the planet whose life will be directly affected by Cyberpunk in any way. Not one.

however, the trans movement is actually on the decline, because it’s being hijacked by nutjob activists who make trans people look like mentally fragile psychopaths.

dave_d

rqKzoIx.jpg

I hate the fucking "talk down to" expression. It's used to stifle all debate or disagreement, to be applied selectively as needed to "protect" any "community". This guy is quite the piece of work.

I'd guess it's the standard "We're the beautiful people, we're special so rules for thee, not for me." Which unfortunately happens way too much in real life too. (Like at work.)

Thread is still on the first page 😂
People are so enthusiastic

"That is a great idea!"
Everyone saying they will buy it later, at the end of the month... doubt it lmao.
I wouldnt be surprised if the OP knows some of the devs there... in the bundle homepage they link the "transphobic issues" to Era.

lunnuyu

What kills me is, they are attacking people who want to support them because....... Well I'm not sure. Maybe they aren't as militant? I don't know. But the whole "you aren't an ally enough" mentality is doing absolutely nothing to help their cause, and in reality is hurting it.

they are just trolls who probably act like jerks with everyone so they can feel superior or smth
sooner or later, they'll bring that forum to its grave if they keep it up like this

kyussman

Whoever reads this on ERA should let Kyuuji know she's a spineless cunt with a lack of morals. Imagine protesting the game for "transphobia".......just to pour her heart and soul into 100%ing the game on release day. It's funny to overhaul the OT and remember days dedicated to trans people, but forget about supposed boycotts and protests once the game is actually out.
Spineless cunt or masterful troll.....I think the jury is out on this one,lol.

Well there's an innate difficulty that comes with trans issues over others in the LGBT umbrella.

"I'm a lesbian and I love women" - okay that's easy

"I'm a gay man and I love men" - also easy

"I'm bi and I love both" - sure that's simple enough

"I'm trans so I was born the wrong gender so now I need an operation to 'correct' the mistake that I feel has been made. Also I can choose to not ever have the operation since I'm happy dressing as the opposite gender but I should still get to use any bathroom I want despite my appearance. Also also these are now my pronouns that you must learn and use and everything you have ever learned about sex and gender is wrong." - wait what?

So that's why I've never really been able to understand why people are so quick to call people "literal nazis" when they don't immediately feel comfortable upending their entire understanding of sex and gender in society because 0.3% of the population demands it. It's asking a whole hell of a lot more than any other minority in society.

Trans can also be simple too, it's someone who medically transitioned from one sex to another, and any good person will respect their pronouns. But lately there's loads of people muddying the waters and making all kinds of discussions taboo. On the other hand, trans isn't like being gay which doesn't require you to modify your body, transgenderism is more complex and requires discussions around things such as when it's appropriate to put children on puberty blockers, or surgery, it also makes you sterile so you need to be really sure you're actually trans before you go through with it, some kids also grow out of their gender dysphoria. Those discussions shouldn't be shut down with accusations of transphobia and nazi, psychologist and other professional shouldn't feel the pressure of hardcore activists because of feels or politics, that just ends up with people getting misdiagnosed.

I feel like it's mostly the they/thems that are the loudest screamers and making things unnecessarily confusing, and some trans people follow them sadly.

Those crazy bastards at Ree did it. They actually locked the CP OT so everyone could observe Trans week.

Seriously, if anyone stays there they deserve all they get.

Trans can also be simple too, it's someone who medically transitioned from one sex to another, and any good person will respect their pronouns. But lately there's loads of people muddying the waters and making all kinds of discussions taboo. On the other hand, trans isn't like being gay which doesn't require you to modify your body, transgenderism is more complex and requires discussions around things such as when it's appropriate to put children on puberty blockers, or surgery, it also makes you sterile so you need to be really sure you're actually trans before you go through with it, some kids also grow out of their gender dysphoria. Those discussions shouldn't be shut down with accusations of transphobia and nazi, psychologist and other professional shouldn't feel the pressure of hardcore activists because of feels or politics, that just ends up with people getting misdiagnosed.

I feel like it's mostly the they/thems that are the loudest screamers and making things unnecessarily confusing, and some trans people follow them sadly.
Again, there are levels to this.
If a man transitions to a woman and dresses like a woman and acts like a woman, then I will call them what ever name they want to be called. If I refer to their gender I will call them trans.
With regards to which toilet they use, well if they are dressed as a woman then it will create less issues if they use the women's toilets than walk into the men's dressed as a woman.
And guess what, that's what trans people were doing well before the issue of toilets were brought up as a wedge issue.

But we have dudes who don't even make an effort, some with actual beards, that claim they are trans women and expect you to go along with it. Not happening.

Papacheeks

Banned

^ More of this

Mainly there isn't enough research on long term affects of transitioning. Especially on kids, which to me should not be allowed until the child is old enough to make adult decisions. So 17-18.

Also with more concrete data sets we can have better diagnoses for said kids/adults for hormone therapy,/transitioning. Issue is this kind of talk is not allowed and al ot of researchers, psychologists and doctors dont want to rock the boat with new findings and better data. The minute the terms of dysphoria got changed by the board is when it stopped doing research with honest data sets.

Now it's very controlled and skewed where doctors, and psychologists can't do their jobs. It's like people forget how long it took to categorize different variations of mental diseases and mental states. Until we can literally see whats happening chemically and electronically in the body/brain to change someone's mental state on how they feel/view their perceived gender. Putting people through transitions with surgery and even blockers is a guessing game.

*Some leftist guy plays Cyberpunk on twitch or whatever and basically says y'all retarded it ain't transphobic and it makes sense in the world*

screenshot2020-12-11afwk56.png

:pie_roffles:
Are they cancelling hasanabi? If so, lmao. Nobody's gonna like these people. They're just gonna be bitter and angry about everyone if they hate a cool guy with progressive opinions that plays a popular video game he's interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom