• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nush

Gotta say, ResetEra surprised me. I used to tell that Era is always gonna make outrages of games they never liked or were interested in in the first place. Easy to boycott FIFA if you never played one. Takes no effort to prove you won't play the new Call of Duty for MTX's if you have not played one in 10 years. Easy to say you won't play the new Halo because Microsoft supports racist dudes if these folks only ever play what's on PlayStation or maybe the Nintendo consoles.

It's been noted before, they only go after properties, really seriously that they don't care about. Disney and Nintendo are untouchable there dispite a few hours easily handwaved "Controversies".

They love harry Potter, they'll all play "Free copies".

It is just the most pointless fucking gesture you can possibly make "oh we are locking th OT for a day out of respect for the Trans Gang. YOU EVIL WHITE MEN must show respect to them ............ Meanwhile said Trans Gang are happily playing the game and chatting away about it in their lil hidey hole.

If any of the Trans Gang gave a fuck about Transgender rights then surely none of them would go near the game with a ten foot barge pole (pole may be feminine or masculine depending on what time of fucking day it is).

nush

oPwxASg.png

Nobody cares about Asians on Ree. Also I note that he lived in China, has Chinese wife and just vague posts "I lived in Asia" for maximum virtue signalling reach.

nush

2difbN9.png

If only Mendinso hadn't already tapped out of Retestera.

Kicking people out of wheelchairs bad
Not allowing disabled people to kick themselves ot of wheelchairs, also bad.

Ymir

jNO8wlK.png

If this guy ever left his parents basement or even the country he'd see its art imitating life with the saturation turned up.

q6paXrs.jpg
LOL, the people who praised animal crossing because they needed to "escape" from their depressing lives are now are finger wagging over Cyberpunk being too immature for them? I love when they gush over super hero games and pokemon and other games literally targeted to kids but games become childish when they're trying to virtue signal.

This is GENIUS.

“Economically marginalised”

The linguistic hoops some people jump through actually says a lot about the language often used by some over there. It’s hyperbolic and otherwise unnecessary. The cosmic balance is that for every way they find to rephrase something so they don’t offend someone who wouldn’t be offended anyway, they label something else as transphobia or call someone a nazi.

V4N35Op.jpg

Jezbollah

I think Era need to undestand something about Cyberpunk.

This is it's origins: https://bibliocecifi.files.wordpres...-of-the-dark-future-r-talsorian-games-inc.pdf

This is from 1990. Removing all the illustrations (that even back then included some of women with junk) would see that original vision gone.

Cyberpunk was there four years before CD Projekt Red. All this is context that Era is too lazy to look at - they just foam at the mouth irrationally.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I think Era need to undestand something about Cyberpunk.

This is it's origins: https://bibliocecifi.files.wordpres...-of-the-dark-future-r-talsorian-games-inc.pdf

This is from 1990. Removing all the illustrations (that even back then included some of women with junk) would see that original vision gone.

Cyberpunk was there four years before CD Projekt Red. All this is context that Era is too lazy to look at - they just foam at the mouth irrationally.

well right away we have to burn this forever due to boy's club behavior like this

s2tYuRQ.jpg

Last edited:

Soodanim

Always back to that abstract “Trans rights”. I’m still none the wiser on which rights discussion about a game violates, and I don’t think they are either. Until that’s clarified, people will exercise their right to want to discuss a game just as much as TransEra will exercise their right to be offended.

Short. Of. Cash?!

Banned: Offensive language, disregarding feelings of the long term economically marginalised.

Lads since ditching ResetERA for this land I've been having a fucking blast

You don't get banter like that on ResetERA. This place is fucking fun.

EviLore EviLore I'll suck your cock bro cheers x

Astral Dog

Gotta say, ResetEra surprised me. I used to tell that Era is always gonna make outrages of games they never liked or were interested in in the first place. Easy to boycott FIFA if you never played one. Takes no effort to prove you won't play the new Call of Duty for MTX's if you have not played one in 10 years. Easy to say you won't play the new Halo because Microsoft supports racist dudes if these folks only ever play what's on PlayStation or maybe the Nintendo consoles.

With Cyberpunk, they legitimately surprised me! Tried to one-up each other with the controversies, asking modertion to ban discussion of the game, and so on. And then, after all that happened, after all the users that got banned or chased away... they're right there, hunting down early copies, doing New Zealand tricks to play earlier, getting addicted to this racist transphonic ableist piece of shit game that is killing folks left and right.

So yes, they can get outraged about games they like. It's just that said outrage makes no difference to them: they're all lining up on day 1 to buy it anyway. Interesting fights there when they can not do the bare minimum of not supporting a company they think is hurting people.
Im not that shocked, but i was expecting them to be more clear with Harry Potter tbh, they will be playing that one day one on their HP cosplay after a long ,arduous campaign to cancel it
So wait they locked the OT thread of cyberpunk 2077 and tell everyone to not talk about cyberpunk 2077 in any other threads out of respect for transgender dudes ....................... Meanwhile in the thread for the Trans Gang they are happily talking about Cyberpunk 2077.

You really couldn't make this shit up.
Every day i believe more all this was an elaborate plot to take the OT all to themselves and..talk about the game without those filthy cis white guy nerds messing things up with their dorkiness

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So wait they locked the OT thread of cyberpunk 2077 and tell everyone to not talk about cyberpunk 2077 in any other threads out of respect for transgender dudes ....................... Meanwhile in the thread for the Trans Gang they are happily talking about Cyberpunk 2077.

You really couldn't make this shit up.

And buying the game is literally killing trans people or something

Except after all that shaming and bullshit they all bought it anyway

How do regular posters not see the con job here?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Me, personally, I am not terribly impressed by most people covering our hobby, but a lot of users think that is a plus for whatever reason.
Speaking for myself, I much prefer the input of people who are actually good at video games. That's why I tend to gravitate towards YouTubers recently because I have visual confirmation that they don't suck and know how the jump button works.

Saruhashi

Banned

EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THIS GAME IS A BIGOT...

EXCEPT ME AS IM GOING TO GIVE MY THOUGHTS ON IT AND MY FRIENDS WIFE IS NON-BINARY

Hahahaha.
"My friend bought it but his PC can't run it but also his wife is non-binary so they want me to check it out for them".
Great excuse!
So this person is non-binary but you still refer to them as "wife". Hmmmmmmm.

I love that so many of them in the final days before the release needed to find excuses for why it was OK for them to play the game.
So the basic premise is that the company is transphobic and shouldn't be getting our money.
If someone buys you the game though then CDPR still get the money so it makes no difference.
It's not like CDPR are aware of each users backstory here. LOL.

This is like a proper activist "meat is murder" vegan going to a company BBQ and munching down burgers and hotdogs using the logic that it's OK for them because they didn't actually buy or cook the meat.

FOMO is a real bastard I guess. I want to boycott this company and their products but everyone is talking about it so I also need to participate.

Cob32

Someone explain this to me.. it's racist to not recast a black character or what's racist here?

I think he has accidentally made an argument for anti-white racism there without realising it (or is that his intention?).

White people = disposable, get another actor in.

Black people = preserve the legacy and role of the actor.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
I had an hard day at work so can someone tells me how the asylum is doing in these cyberpunk days to cheer me up??

Is the meltdown as glorious as we hoped for?!

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
They're really going full-on clown shoes. Glorious. The weak people still left there deserve the abuse and bannings they're about to get.

Majmun

Who is actually running that place? Seems very SJW
I mean, SJW always make me start side-eying the things they're advocating for.

I'm gay myself, but we were never as obnoxious or loud as the trans community. Maybe it's the hormones, I don't know, but they need to chill the fuck down a little bit.

Closing a thread like that will have an opposite effect of what they want to achieve.

Last edited:
rqKzoIx.jpg

My brain is having such a hard fucking time keeping up with all the loopholes, exceptions, justifications, etc.

So gender fluid/trans/non-binary ppl should NOT be shamed for buying/playing the game, but everyone else should be, correct? Just making sure I'm fully up to date on the rulings.

I hate the fucking "talk down to" expression. It's used to stifle all debate or disagreement, to be applied selectively as needed to "protect" any "community". This guy is quite the piece of work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom