• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezbollah

Btw can someone give me short version of why theit Nintendo OTs have Trans rights in title ?

I think it was down to Nintendo banning the transgender flag from one of their games a while ago.

So yeah. They do the same thing with CDPR and Nintendo - let discussions happen but say "fuck transphobia" - because if they had the balls they would deplatform and ban both - but that would result in a reduction in site traffic.

It's just another example of their flaw of valuing site/ad traffic over their own fucked up principles.

Dorohedoro

yur6SpL.jpg

Again, there are levels to this.
If a man transitions to a woman and dresses like a woman and acts like a woman, then I will call them what ever name they want to be called. If I refer to their gender I will call them trans.
With regards to which toilet they use, well if they are dressed as a woman then it will create less issues if they use the women's toilets than walk into the men's dressed as a woman.
And guess what, that's what trans people were doing well before the issue of toilets were brought up as a wedge issue.

But we have dudes who don't even make an effort, some with actual beards, that claim they are trans women and expect you to go along with it. Not happening.

Yeah agreed for the most part. Look at Nikkie Tutorials and Elliot Page, Nikkie was absolutely clear about what she is compared to Elliot. I'm confused about Page, is she going to transition is she non-binary? I have no idea but she's already making a big deal about pronouns before she's done anything while Nikkie never mention pronouns in her coming out video.

Ymir

yur6SpL.jpg
I've haven't seen a white dude wish so hard that he was asian in some time. Glad he can tell asian people how to feel about asian stereotypes in games. THE BEST ALLY

3S9DAVv.jpg

Are you fucking kidding me? Concerns about food comparison? Fuck off.

71f6df81449295d7347791b8bf59182ad4e57934.gifv

God bless these snowflakes for stopping the racism of having preferences in relation to food. MANY LIVES WERE SAVED THIS DAY

Last edited:

Ymir

LOL they finally found the stat in relation to cars that people were posting about a couple pages ago. Clearly it's a dogwhistle about black people.

Yeah, it's about how x% of people are black, but they commit y% of the crimes, where y > x (can't recall the exact numbers), and it's an argument for how black people are inherently more violent or something... it's really gross.

Always amazing to me how you have to think in rather racist terms to make the logical leap that a stat about a car in a video game is actually a dog whistle to dehumanize black people.

Last edited:
^ More of this

Mainly there isn't enough research on long term affects of transitioning. Especially on kids, which to me should not be allowed until the child is old enough to make adult decisions. So 17-18.

Also with more concrete data sets we can have better diagnoses for said kids/adults for hormone therapy,/transitioning. Issue is this kind of talk is not allowed and al ot of researchers, psychologists and doctors dont want to rock the boat with new findings and better data. The minute the terms of dysphoria got changed by the board is when it stopped doing research with honest data sets.

Now it's very controlled and skewed where doctors, and psychologists can't do their jobs. It's like people forget how long it took to categorize different variations of mental diseases and mental states. Until we can literally see whats happening chemically and electronically in the body/brain to change someone's mental state on how they feel/view their perceived gender. Putting people through transitions with surgery and even blockers is a guessing game.

Yeah, which is why we shouldn't be pushing professionals and just let them do their jobs carefully. If I thought I had gender dysphoria I'd rather have a professional who takes their time rather than someone who just says stuff to me because of pressure, political correctness or because they're afraid of being cancelled.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Old-GafVer.1 user here that moved asap to ResetEra when shit happened. Recently being banned for the third time there - permanently - without really understanding why and no way to talk with the mods about it.

Just dropping by to say I fully support everyone returning here from that nest full of repressed fascists.

Welcome back, Perfo. We're not repressed about our fascism here :messenger_fearful: :messenger_face_screaming: so you’ll be fine.

Last edited:

who_me

Excluding the Xbox OT on era, the site is just going downhill. It’s quite crazy to see where you can’t have open conversations about food of all things. I really think cyberpunk just showed the many issues that the site has.

I was permabanned last year for "Excusing Racism; Prior Severe Bans for Sexism and Transphobia (Ban made permanent after review.)"

They forgot to mention that I was also previously banned for being homophobic. And I'm gay.

So yeah.
Whatever the gay version of an Uncle Tom is for gay people, I guess that's you.
That's one thing that really gets me about places like Reeee. If you are black, and disagree with Left Wing politics they allow you to be called an Uncle Tom or Coon.
Now I'm not in the US, so I don't get all the racial shit that goes on over there, but to allow a black person to be called shit like that seems pretty racist.
And I guess that the same goes in the gay community, if you don't agree with everything they say, you must be self loathing.
If a white straight guy disagrees with me about me on something all I call him.is wrong.

Uhhh uh... I like Japanese and Thai-Vietnamese and Chinese cuisine equally. Jamaican jerk chicken is also incredible! They're definitely far superior to British or Germanic or Nordic cuisine. And of course I fully support transfats. :messenger_halo:

Kyuuji's really into it! Can't stop posting but his playtime in the game that is LITERALLY killing trans people and that you should never, ever play! While also taking potshots at it in the transphobia thread.

What hypocritical, shameless cunt.

x40LKNG.jpg

lTLoybO.jpg

JaYnfYP.jpg

BzD4CRD.jpg

D0MJurL.jpg

FqJ03lC.jpg

Hmmmm, if they were consistent wouldn't they call this internalised transphobia?

Kyuji is such an entertaining mess of hypocrisy.

Kyuuji's really into it! Can't stop posting but his playtime in the game that is LITERALLY killing trans people and that you should never, ever play! While also taking potshots at it in the transphobia thread.

x40LKNG.jpg

lTLoybO.jpg

JaYnfYP.jpg

BzD4CRD.jpg

D0MJurL.jpg

FqJ03lC.jpg

I want tell them that I'm a straight white man playing a transgender female so damned bad. I know if I even hint at it I'll be banned instantly

Edit: I didn't do it out of spite, I did it because it's how I made my character and I think she's fucking bad ass and sexy!

Last edited:
I want tell them that I'm a straight white man playing a transgender female so damned bad. I know if I even hint at it I'll be banned instantly

Edit: I didn't do it out of spite, I did it because it's how I made my character and I think she's fucking bad ass and sexy!

You'd think they'd want more people playing as trans characters, which makes gaming more diverse. Everyone can play as gay, black, asian, opposite sex, whatever, but trans is where they draw the line.

Ymir

x40LKNG.jpg

lTLoybO.jpg

JaYnfYP.jpg

BzD4CRD.jpg

D0MJurL.jpg

FqJ03lC.jpg
Truly the greatest actor of our time *bows*

#Phonepunk#

Banned
How they verify if person posting is actually a trans or not?

So i claim to be trans then im safe?
actually it doesn't matter if you are trans. they have banned trans people. if you don't parrot the accepted politics, it doesn't matter. someone posted a Tweet of Chelsea Manning, a famous trans US veteran who was tortured by the Obama administration, and she was posting a photo of her being hyped for Cyberpunk. they banned whoever posted that account.

so this is how the "allies" get away with murder. people like Khrn, Lamptramp, etc. who post constantly about this, signal boosting Kyuu. as long as you are signal boosting the accepted politically correct message, you are free to do anything. these people are just white men, i think Lamp is married with two kids. Surfinn is a man in a hetero marriage too. so many of the annoying bullies on that site are cis allies. as long as you are part of the cult, you get a free pass.

Last edited:

lunnuyu

actually it doesn't matter if you are trans. they have banned trans people. if you don't parrot the accepted politics, it doesn't matter. someone posted a Tweet of Chelsea Manning, a famous trans US veteran who was tortured by the Obama administration, and she was posting a photo of her being hyped for Cyberpunk. they banned whoever posted that account.

so this is how the "allies" get away with murder. people like Khrn, Lamptramp, etc. who post constantly about this, signal boosting Kyuu. as long as you are signal boosting the accepted politically correct message, you are free to do anything. these people are just white men, i think Lamp is married with two kids. Surfinn is a man in a hetero marriage too. so many of the annoying bullies on that site are cis allies. as long as you are part of the cult, you get a free pass.

"allies" *

#Phonepunk#

Banned
You'd think they'd want more people playing as trans characters, which makes gaming more diverse. Everyone can play as gay, black, asian, opposite sex, whatever, but trans is where they draw the line.
i don't understand why they think these aren't trans character in the first place? when you use the character creator to CHOOSE YOUR OWN GENDER (pro-trans messaging here) V has a fully formed adult body, couldn't you pretend that you were born a biological male and had a cyberpunk operation giving you whatever female body you create in the character creator? or visa versa? making you trans? the character creator itself lets you swap between genders. like trans people undergoing hormone and surgerical treatment to transform their bodies into something more "true" to themselves, by enhancing characteristic of traditional gender roles (breasts, hair, genitals, etc.) you use this character creator to select between gender roles. this is a trans friendly experience. i mean what the actual fuck? if we are talking a sci fi universe where they can completely redo perfect plastic surgery on body parts, why do they pretend this isn't the case?

they just have tiny imaginations. or no imaginations. if you were trans in this cyberpunk future, born in a man's body, and wanted to be a woman, you would use this character creator to give you the desired body, exactly like trans people use hormones and real world surgery to alter their own bodies. the character designer is you undergoing the trans surgery to claim your true gender. there. PROBLEM SOLVED. just as we can't refer to Ellen Page being a woman without it being problematic, you can't refer to V's past. you have to respect his/her decision to take on whatever gender you choose at the character creator. you don't know if they are cis or trans. assuming that for them - outing them - would be politically incorrect.

has anyone brought this up? by assuming that V is a cis person, Kyuu could very well be misgendering a trans person. if someone wants to play V as a trans person, Kyuu is saying that no, you are wrong for doing that.

her entire crusade is based on her being prejudiced towards someone's gender. un fucking believable.

Last edited:

Salmon Snake

Gold Member
I haven't visited resetera for a long time (don't have an account) and I don't read this topic. But now I wanted to see whats up because of the Cyberpunk 2077 bullshit.

And when I saw that Pho vs Ramen thing I just can't ...
For my own mental well-being I will not visit this topic or that fucking cesspit forum anymore.

The thing that comes to my mind when I think about the maniacs on Resetera is:
HEIL HITLER !

They are the nazis/facists/communists/juche/totalitarians.

nush

yur6SpL.jpg

I screencapped him here trying that a couple of days ago in the stickied transphobia topic, looks like he gained more traction by making a standalone topic.

This is a white German guy with a Chinese wife so he knows what he's talking about! "Whitey defending asians and deciding what they should find offensive-era again

Rillania

Gold Member
i don't understand why they think these aren't trans character in the first place? when you use the character creator to CHOOSE YOUR OWN GENDER (pro-trans messaging here) V has a fully formed adult body, couldn't you pretend that you were born a biological male and had a cyberpunk operation giving you whatever female body you create in the character creator? or visa versa? making you trans? the character creator itself lets you swap between genders. like trans people undergoing hormone and surgerical treatment to transform their bodies into something more "true" to themselves, by enhancing characteristic of traditional gender roles (breasts, hair, genitals, etc.) you use this character creator to select between gender roles. this is a trans friendly experience. i mean what the actual fuck? if we are talking a sci fi universe where they can completely redo perfect plastic surgery on body parts, why do they pretend this isn't the case?

they just have tiny imaginations. or no imaginations. if you were trans in this cyberpunk future, born in a man's body, and wanted to be a woman, you would use this character creator to give you the desired body, exactly like trans people use hormones and real world surgery to alter their own bodies. the character designer is you undergoing the trans surgery to claim your true gender. there. PROBLEM SOLVED. just as we can't refer to Ellen Page being a woman without it being problematic, you can't refer to V's past. you have to respect his/her decision to take on whatever gender you choose at the character creator. you don't know if they are cis or trans. assuming that for them - outing them - would be politically incorrect.

has anyone brought this up? by assuming that V is a cis person, Kyuu could very well be misgendering a trans person. if someone wants to play V as a trans person, Kyuu is saying that no, you are wrong for doing that.

her entire crusade is based on her being prejudiced towards someone's gender. un fucking believable.

For them, it's not inclusive enough / still transphobic because V's pronouns are tied to voice. So they can't have say a female body with a masculine voice and have the NPCs refer to them with feminine pronouns, and vice versa. Also that there's no option to simply be called they / them.

I honestly can't understand the logic behind the character creator being so transphobic, it is the most robust one yet. From what I gather they are upset because the pronouns are tied to the voices? I mean sure, CDPR could have made it so you can use a male voice with female pronouns or vice versa, the more customisable things the better I guess, but I truly don't understand why it's so transphobic that you can't, because if that's the case then every character creator is transphobic for offering even less options.

Also, if you were a trans woman I'd imagine you'd want a feminine sounding voice, outside of non-binaries every trans woman I've seen always had some femininity to their voice, loads are so feminine you can't even tell they're trans. But resetera wants manly voices on their trans women in Cyberpunk, truly mind boggling.

I'm not a trans person but when I play games with character creators, I make the muscular hunk I wish I was irl, it's fantasy have fun with it, it doesn't have to be so realistic down to your voice.

Last edited:

lunnuyu

I honestly can't understand the logic behind the character creator being so transphobic, it is the most robust one yet. From what I gather they are upset because the pronouns are tied to the voices? I mean sure, CDPR could have made it so you can use a male voice with female pronouns or vice versa, the more customisable things the better I guess, but I truly don't understand why it's so transphobic that you can't, because if that's the case then every character creator is transphobic for offering even less options.

Also, if you were a trans woman I'd imagine you'd want a feminine sounding voice, outside of non-binaries every trans woman I've seen always had some femininity to their voice, loads are so feminine you can't even tell they're trans. But resetera wants manly voices on their trans women in Cyberpunk, truly mind boggling.

I'm not a trans person but when I play games with character creators, I make the muscular hunk I wish I was irl, it's fantasy have fun with it, it doesn't have to be so realistic down to your voice.

I mean... the whole point of video games, at the end of the day, is to lose yourself into fantasy and kill time
i guess the quarantine kinda killed some neurons in certain territories

MrFunSocks

Banned
I was thinking what are the chances that many threads in REra are just well crafted trolling?
I seriously can't believe that they're discussing about representation of prisoners in Spiderman.
I mean sure, many replies are real and honest (as dumb), but the guy that started it all? I'm sure is laughing hard now seeing how easily he can troll everyone. Lol.
I think what we’re seeing with threads like that is just the desperate for attention forever alone incels seeing that any manufactured outrage, no matter how ridiculous, if they can find a tenuous link to something real, gets them a lot of attention and pays on their back, so they’re trying even harder to find things to fake outrage about. It’ll only keep getting more and more ridiculous and pathetic as they pander to and accept more and more concerns.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Btw can someone give me short version of why theit Nintendo OTs have Trans rights in title ?
Iirc, and I might be wrong, it was purely because when all the companies were coming out and making their virtue signalling “black lives matter” posts, Nintendo didn’t pander to them. The “silence is violence” thing then got thrown around, so they made their Nintendo Switch OT titled “black lives matter” I believe. That has then carried over to trans lives matter, because they hilariously think that they’ve done a “gotcha Nintendo!” as if people at Nintendo are racist nazi transphobes and will be hurt by era mocking them.

It’s just so stupid because actual Trans people are one of the absolute smallest minorities in the entire world. There are probably more people in the world with some of the rarest medical conditions in the world than there are actual trans people. Incel males putting on a dress and calling themselves a lesbian are not trans people, they’re mentally ill and/or attention seeking idiots.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom