• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rien

Jelly Belly
"I'm right and you're wrong and I can prove it because comic strip."

Look I am a hypocrite as well in many cases. That’s why I rather shut the fuck up and don’t attack others. And when I do I own up to it. Not posting a dumb comic that I am sure of it will fall in the right narrative with the rest.

I can tell you already many of the haters over there are playing cyberpunk and loving it.

Iam offended by how dumb they are, even Trump is more intelligent than 10 Resetera users together.

I see this sentiment on here regularly and I think its incorrect. Hear me out on this.

I think the majority of the often quoted users over there are intelligent. They're well written, and well read. Educated.

Unfortunately they're also idiots.
They're weak in the mind and body. They lack discipline. They're physically lazy and unappealing. And when you combine all those things, you have self made victims. For victims, the hardest thing they can do is become winners. The easy path is to stay a victim and try to find victim allies. Bring others into their fold. Become "a minority". Become a feminist, a communist.

I can't spew word salad like they can, and I can't write a thesis. But I'm not weak and they all are.

sobaka770

Banned
I think it also has to do with the fact people are afraid to lose their account and just roll with those ridiculous opinions. This was a thing on GAF way back.

You know I thought about it, and it's a great point. When I had an account at ERA and got banned for a week, GAF was still in shambles there's simply no alternative.
It's been only since late 2019 that GAF I'd say can replace Reset and even then most new stories get there first and more people engage. Add to this that people there say GAF as far-right den and point to Politics section which is not representative of overall community - it perpetuates the idea that there is really no other alternative. So yeah, those work-verified limited emails must make a lot of people just shut up cause they get FUDed into the idea that there is no alternative. Most people there even reasonable ones won't come here to check.

Reality is slowly hitting them in the face:
9rEOddN.png

hfUSpYX.png

I almost feel sorry for these people:
422dAUB.png

Last edited:

cyen

Those maniacs basically control the forum now, shitting on everyone that just want to talk about the game itself even mods now antagonize other users. Really what's happening to this people mind? If anything they are just pushing people to hate their cause, no one can be forced to fight for a cause they don't want, it doesn't make them enemies.

Kingdok

Neo Member
How many people have been banned just for sharing the same username on Era and Gaf so far? Want to try and compile all of it

teezzy

Banned
Saw this linked in an Era Discord. An oldie but a goodie. Even the regulars think their site is retarded.

cormack12

Gold Member
Saw this linked in an Era Discord. An oldie but a goodie. Even the regulars think their site is retarded.

Era has that many discords they should run the forums like thr electoral college

Majmun

The censorship is getting out of hand and they won't achieve anything with it.

I'm sure a particular group will also start crying once the Hogwarts game comes out. I'm sure by that time the site will be called Transetera anyway.

Ol'Scratch

The censorship is getting out of hand and they won't achieve anything with it.

I'm sure a particular group will also start crying once the Hogwarts game comes out. I'm sure by that time the site will be called Transetera anyway.
Just wait. They will all be using three seashells in no time.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
vK23l8Z.png

Wait, she isn't an Admin anymore?
The mob needed blood and it appears that ERA have a great record of scapegoating minority staff. The last time they stood up for someone was a white racist/homophobic/transphobe. The last three major issues: the Ketkat issue where a black (gay?🤷‍♂️ ) man was demodded, here a trans woman is demodded and between them was B-Dubs. ERA is very like a white supremacist organisation to a fucking t

IIRC, Android Sophia was promoted to admin during the Ketkat debacle last year as an outreach to the trans community.

Following that line of thought, there will be another mod promotion during this whole episode as a show of goodwill to the more radicalized trans community, then next year when Harry Potter becomes an issue, that new trans admin will try to mitigate the damage but is unable to and will be consistently attacked, leading to her stepping down so a new even more radicalized trans staff member can step up.

Last edited:
vK23l8Z.png

Wait, she isn't an Admin anymore?

Sophia has been removed from the staff roster entirely: [current] [prev]

I really wonder what happened behind the scenes there. No doubt transera was involved. I guess that's a lesson to any lgbt who think some activism is going a bit too far and is too absurd. If you just go along with it and think you'll be ok since you're in the same community, you're next to the guillotine.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Sophia has been removed from the staff roster entirely: [current] [prev]

I really wonder what happened behind the scenes there. No doubt transera was involved. I guess that's a lesson to any lgbt who think some activism is going a bit too far and is too absurd. If you just go along with it and think you'll be ok since you're in the same community, you're next to the guillotine.
What likely happened is a ton of Reeee users just wanted to talk 2077 without every thread being hijacked about transphobia. Every 2077 thread even seems to have a giant pinned post where Sophia wrote a giant message to remind everyone about CDR being transphobic.

So if you're an average gamer who just wants to talk 2077, you got to stare at pinned Sophia posts every page.

I bet a bunch of users said fuck it and PM'ed other mods or cerium to knock it off. And they complied and booted Sophia.

Last edited:
What likely happened is a ton of Reeee users just wanted to talk 2077 without every thread being hijacked about transphobia. Every 2077 thread even seems to have a giant pinned post where Sophia wrote a giant message to remind everyone about CDR being transphobic.

So if you're an average gamer who just wants to talk 2077, you got to stare at pinned Sophia posts every page.

I bet a bunch of users said fuck it and PM'ed other mods or cerium to knock it off. And they complied and booted Sophia.

If that were the case, transera would be screeching bloody murder. They aren't. That means they got their way.

(Edit: or Sophia resigned out of sheer exasperation)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom