• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave_d

Sophia has been removed from the staff roster entirely: [current] [prev]

I really wonder what happened behind the scenes there. No doubt transera was involved. I guess that's a lesson to any lgbt who think some activism is going a bit too far and is too absurd. If you just go along with it and think you'll be ok since you're in the same community, you're next to the guillotine.
So pretty much the Reign of Terror. Guess they've never heard of Robespierre but they'll probably tell you how educated they are.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
In what ways is it different? Also apologies for bringing up a touchy subject.

Ban volume was far lower than it is on Reset, and the majority of the moderation abuse was the work of a handful of rogue mods acting against policy and taking measures to avoid detection and pushback from me. When the abuse was uncovered, e.g. with bish, it was dealt with, but by that point we had lost a ton of our old regulars and moderate voices and most of the mods were scared to even participate in the forum anymore because of how hostile the environment had become. Things definitely had tilted in a social justice direction overall post-gamergate, but nowhere near to the extent that the biggest video game of the year couldn't even be discussed. On the gaming forum mostly the Anita Sarkeesian threads were bloodbaths.

The difference is that what you see on Reset isn't rogue moderation or a failure at the top to implement consistent and fair policy throughout the team, as it was here. What you see from Reset is their policy working as intended. There's no one to push back against it and you're never going to get anything else from them other than more and more extreme outcomes.

nush

I assume my account there is banned. After catching a suspension I don't remember when, I clicked logout and walked away.
7ahb.gif

nush

The difference is that what you see on Reset isn't rogue moderation or a failure at the top to implement consistent and fair policy throughout the team, as it was here. What you see from Reset is their policy working as intended. There's no one to push back against it and you're never going to get anything else from them other than more and more extreme outcomes.

Resetera:

Star-Wars-Rogue-Squadron-Patty-Jenkins-700x300.jpg

asustitan

Banned
Ban volume was far lower than it is on Reset, and the majority of the moderation abuse was the work of a handful of rogue mods acting against policy and taking measures to avoid detection and pushback from me. When the abuse was uncovered, e.g. with bish, it was dealt with, but by that point we had lost a ton of our old regulars and moderate voices and most of the mods were scared to even participate in the forum anymore because of how hostile the environment had become. Things definitely had tilted in a social justice direction overall post-gamergate, but nowhere near to the extent that the biggest video game of the year couldn't even be discussed. On the gaming forum mostly the Anita Sarkeesian threads were bloodbaths.

You need a constitution, is it possible whatever happened before repeat itself?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
is it possible whatever happened before repeat itself?

We have a transparent ban page now, an open dialogue between the community and administration where we can discuss moderation outcomes, and the admin tools and logging actually work on XF so I can keep tabs on things (rather than it being more or less an honor system...). History won't repeat.

Ionian

I wonder what the average age demographic is between here and there.

If this is a purely younger generation issue, wtf is happening in schools and universities. Just imagine if they get political power.............oh wait.

Mostly middle aged white men.

mr.dilya

Banned
so only negative cyberpunk threads are allowed? im absolutly certain the sales thread would have stayed open if the game bombed

Yeah which is why the stand they are taking on the game is phony....from the wishy washy position on allowing discussion of the game, to it's biggest detractors actively playing the game and commenting on it.....it's all complete bullshit. Think about it, there are Jews, a group who has experienced real oppression under real nazis who would NEVER drive or even sit in a German car...even if it were given to them for free, regardless of how well it drives or performs. Those losers only pretend they are oppressed and can't even control themselves enough to not play a video game that is supposedly so offensive and dangerous to their lives. Maybe because deep down inside they know it isn't.

We have a transparent ban page now, an open dialogue between the community and administration where we can discuss moderation outcomes, and the admin tools and logging actually work on XF so I can keep tabs on things (rather than it being more or less an honor system...). History won't repeat.
Don’t forget the biggest reason tho. That type of tomfoolery is a lot of work.

And none of us want to work that hard

Shmunter

yur6SpL.jpg
Sheltered individuals that have never been to a Chinese restaurant or a Chinatown. What is the end goal here, everyone talking and walking American?

The art of expression or cultural variety is incompatible with woke retardation.

Rbk_3

You have been banned for the following reason: User banned (duration pending admin review): Doxxing. Your ban will be lifted on Dec 13, 2020 at 1:00 AM.

Posted this thread there also and got banned right away with out any sort of warning which is kind of ironic because that is typically their thing. I think that's officially it for me over there.

lol good. Fuck that shit hole

Oops! We ran into some problems.
You have been banned for the following reason: Doxxing. Ban made permanent after review..

greyshark

Yeah crazy right? Whats worse is just a few post down I even said I have several college friends I graduated with who are working there. I was then told my friends are racist. That place is seriously sick in the head.

I bet the real reason you were banned is because they know you post here.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I bet the real reason you were banned is because they know you post here.

*shrugs* I've never made it a secret, I literally kept the same name and aviatar. I've always said I post at both places and try to be a good centralist. Sadly they only accept extremist views anymore. You are either 100% with them, or you are a raciest. And I'd never be 100% with them, I think their views are terribly short sited and will lead to ruin and destruction. I think Gaf has many of the same problems (I mean just look at some of those Trump lawsuit thread 0_o) but at least Gaf accepts open opinions and differing views.

Last edited:
Yeah crazy right? Whats worse is just a few post down I even said I have several college friends I graduated with who are working there. I was then told my friends are racist. That place is seriously sick in the head.

The ban is even worse, with the context that you actually personally know the people you are congratulating.

The hypocrisy of these filth is so apparent in these cirumstances. All these shrieks of OH MY GOD THE POOR DEVS SOMEBODY SAVE THEM!! when they want to signal virtue about crunch, but then just congratulating these devs on finally launching an 8 yr project, is fucking bannable.

There are no words for this fuckery.

nush

I think Gaf has many of the same problems (I mean just look at some of those Trump lawsuit thread 0_o) but at least Gaf accepts open opinions and differing views.

The major difference is that politics is quarantined off into it's own sub forum so it does not spread across the whole forum and you can hide that sub and be blissfully aware of its existence.

Just how the whole of ree is a containment chamber for the Internets worst virtue signalers and crazies.

MIzYJWD.jpg

HAHAHAHA I just found out I was banned from this post, lol.

OHHH and its permanent! Glad honestly, I cant even congratulate my friends and post that I'm proud of them. Fuck Era, they are worst than the people they claim to hate.

we have another racist concern troller here.

how good is your whataboutism?

welcome

Jd5WFa8.jpg

ZeoVGM's greatest achievement in life is being the fucking CDPR thread police on resetera. Unpaid, and with no mod position, but hey, gives him meaning. Who the fuck is "we"?
I can't stand the prick, but he's right to feel like he speaks for the whole forum with how he's been able to take on that role with no pushback.

I mean, if I were legitimately trying to foster a positive online community, he'd be one of the first users I would ban. But ResetEra admin/mods almost certainly think he's doing a great service.

Last edited:

InDaGulag

Era's favorite "gotcha".

GULMCOg.png

This comic does not apply to Cyberpunk 2077. No one needs to play Cyberpunk or any game for that matter. Video games are not essentials. They are luxuries.

People found enjoyment in other things long before video games were around and if the entire industry was to vanish, they'd continue to do so.

What does this comic even mean?

The comic is mocking idiots who think they're so smart by attacking people who want to see changes in society for participating in society. Usually by making use of systems or products they want to change or destroy.

Like for example, I'm sure everyone here is against child labour, but everyone here also uses products that are the product of child labour. This does not make child labour morally okay or everyone here pro-child labour. We should still combat it, but because of how the world economic system is structured, many essential items like clothing, food, and phones are tainted by child labour. Now applying the logic to justify playing a video game is a tad daft as video games aren't essential.

If they were honest they'd admit they value playing the latest AAA game over potential concerns of supporting transphobia. But because of how hard they pushed their campaign they have to come up with silly explanations such as they were gifted the game, they're using their friend's account, and Kyuuji's "for research purposes." The latter being as believable as your average right-wing Christian/Muslim politician caught on a gay dating website claiming they were undercover preaching. It's not like thousands of hours of streams wouldn't be uploaded onto the internet for her to watch. Or the countless articles touching the issue of trans-representation in the game.

While I'm on the subject of her, some of you folks could be the better people and not do stupid childish shit like misgendering her. It'd doesn't help your anti-Era argument. It only hurts it.

InDaGulag

I imagine the mods are gonna do dick about him policing threads like this

Honestly he was one of the biggest assholes, when I was on Era.

He was always so smug and ready to rip into anyone for the slightest mistake.

And I'm saying this as someone who probably agrees with him on 80%-90% of issues.

Ionian

While I'm on the subject of her, some of you folks could be the better people and not do stupid childish shit like misgendering her. It'd doesn't help your anti-Era argument. It only hurts it.

Look at their Twitter, same username.

Then complain.

Ozzie666

Next step, in next months NDP thread, the word Cyberpunk will be redacted in the lists and a sticky mentioning not to mention the game and also that it's banned for propaganda.

Just wait and watch.

Are there any casual users over there, who have no idea whats happening? They just want to post about video games?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom