• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

who_me

tenor.gif
Hold up......... you poured the gasoline

Tuff McNutt

Please, someone that doens't mind getting his/her account nuked, ask in that very same thread why has Resetera recently merged out and moved to a tax heaven such as Delaware, do They want to save those sweet little taxes? Woke companies shouldn't be moving for the sole purpose of paying less taxes lmao, that's a very Trumpy thing to do lol.

r5cvAoe.jpg

K1VybgQ.jpg

PS: by the way, for a "open" forum like that one, is hard as fuck to know who is behind it, I've been searching in the last 30 minutes and couldn't find any real person name who owns Resetera shares.

Cerium's real name is the only one I've seen listed on any of the documents. That was why some of the "big names" with actual industry connections punched out early - they were never given any real stake in the company.

As for the move to Delaware, Cerium has a nice apartment/condo a couple of blocks from Central Park. With traffic/members on REEE going down, he's got to pay the bills somehow.

What I miss?
As far as I know, a TransEra member got banned for a dumb reason and the TransEra community called the ban out. Admin stepped in, and got attacked by a member. Said member got banned now and the admin stated that they had enough of the bullshit by certain Transera members, and admitted that they are tired to please everyone. Also confirmed that a ex admin has voluntarily stepped down because of this.

Correct me, if I’m wrong.

who_me

Just make it Transera because there seems to a large discourse. Where adults in charge can’t even manage it. The inmates are running the asylum

Dunki

Poodlestrike going through that thread with a flamethrower now perma-banning tons of people like Bish did here when Trump won. What is it with black mods and abuses of power? Do they secretly love the police?
I do not even think it is only him. Or can you see who banned who?

Paltheos

Man, the problem isn't that trans people are being treated harshly, the problem is that they're treated with damn kid gloves. Even perceived infractions have been met with bans for so long and toxic rhetoric against everybody else gone untouched that allot of the people there have internalized that, on this topic, they're infallible. And that leads to disasters like this. Users in or for a protected class screaming that they're being treated unfairly and a moderation team that's bent itself in knots trying to cater to them snapping and letting loose like PoodleStrike did.

You cannot have protected classes like this. Either loosen your moderation policies on everyone else or tighten them on this group. Either solution works (regardless of my personal opinion) but you must be consistent.

Dunki

I was not demoted. I resigned entirely of my own accord. Anyone saying otherwise is wrong.

I've been suffering from major health issues over the course of this year; I was diagnosed with several autoimmune diseases (including Celiac Disease and Psoriatic Arthritis) over the course of 2020. I've been walking with a cane at times, and spent entire days bedridden on others. I nearly passed out writing that first post in the Cyberpunk OT, even.

I started up conversation with the TransEra Discord to try and mend relationships after what happened with Black Chamber. I had only one real major request: that my mental health be respected. That request wasn't honored by a handful of people in there. I watched them insult staff, as well as insult friends of mine. I turned the other cheek in the name of mending bridges, and even got THREE trans admins in there. The moment I stepped away from the conversation to focus on my real life and mental health, the conversation deteriorated because someone didn't get the demands they wanted. I saw some members of TransEra (including A.By) engaged in open discrimination towards my fellow trans folks by declaring that the staff doesn't care about Trans issues. This is trans-erasure, and it's something I've been exposed to over and over since I became an admin. It's so bad that some trans members of staff are no longer open about their trans status out of fear they'll be exposed to the same stuff I was.

(And just so we're clear, there are good people in TransEra. If not for privacy reasons I'd name them. This is just a handful of vocal people who practically dominated the discussion.)

Ad they call others Nazis? WOW They are the fucking worst on ERA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom