• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzo88

ro1Hyf6.jpg
I am assuming these idiots also believe that you can't be racist towards white people?

Karunamon

Get rid of this ridiculous idea that the forum is a "safe space hugbox" specifically for minorities to vent their grievances. Ban anyone that calls people nazis etc. Remove all the pronoun garbage. Make it a video game forum where video games are the main discussion, and any attempts to SJW it are shut down instantly.

You know, I think even the insane SJWs should have a place to vent their spleens. They want to bitch about not liking games because it doesn't have precisely the amount of desired representation of their desired minority - fine. Art is subjective and people are free to like it or not like it for whatever or no reason they wish.

The problem is that, as exhaustively documented herein, the patients are running the asylum. All it would take is an admin (of any gender) with the requisite testicular fortitude to lay down the law rather than capitulating to these fuckclowns repeatedly. Said fortitude would also not include literally breaking down in tears over words from perfect strangers on a video game forum. I've seen phyllo dough with thicker skin.

Just strictly enforcing the "no personal attacks" rule would increase era's sanity by 50%.

Last edited:

Rex_DX

Gold Member
I think a few of the founding mods believed what was being peddled, but they were either demodded or quit of their own volition fairly quickly. Two mods I remember being more reasonable than the others kristoffer and Rowlf, got ejected within a few months because they tried to moderate based on the ToS instead of the hurt feelings of Era's protected groups.

The reason for kristoffer being demodded and then mysteriously banned is because I think he might have been an EvilBore member. But he also warned that people trying to troll the "conservative era" thread would be moderated harshly. People like kristoffer believed in the message Era was selling. That it was a place built on mutual respect. But that wasn't really the case.

Era went on a purge of people who continued to post on GAF, particularly in threads critical of Era, (if they found out about it) and also tried to purge anyone who was on TheBore (what EvilBore became). This included EightBitNate, creator of this legendary GAF thread.

EightBitNate was permabanned in 2019 for "trolling" because he not so subtly challenged the moderators on what had happened to the super racist pretend-black member Enzom who got outed as white, and then disappeared. You'll notice that people who post evidence of wrongdoing behind the scenes at GAF or high ranking members being racist or whatever get immediately account nuked and accused of being spreading propaganda from "far right hate sites" or whatever.

You'll notice that Era purged most of the "fun" members and drove away a lot of the technically literature members. As a result, there are no fun threads on Era because everyone gets banned for "trolling", and technical discussion is kneecapped because a lot of the people who know what they're talking about don't want to post there or got banned. This is why Era doesn't produce memes worth anything. Because there's no culture of fun, no culture of not taking yourself seriously.

This is a damn good post. Good effort.

What is with this pedo stuff at Era? Never heard anything about it.

Oh boy.

Oh boy.

Holy fuck, I'm speechless.

Burn Ree to the ground, burn it all. What a piece of shit of a community. Fuck Cerium, fuck ZhugeEX, fuck the mods, just fuck that forum, all of it. I'm ashamed for being part of it before, holy fucking shit.

EDIT: Thank you DeadMansParty DeadMansParty ! Really appreciate it.

Last edited:

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Well? No exodus? Still hanging in there? Bending the knee already? They really do not have other places to go...

Last edited:
Yep, loads of incels who couldn't get a girl are now ''trans women'' and ''lesbian'', so they can try and guilt trip actual lesbians into a relationship or sex.
ERA had this thread back in mid-2018, and it was healthy, understanding, respectful, and not at all a ban graveyard.

ERA had this thread back in mid-2018, and it was healthy, understanding, respectful, and not at all a ban graveyard.

That's just setting yourself up to get disappointed, if you're a trans woman your dating pool is going to be smaller than that of a cis woman, that's just the reality of things.

As a gay man my dating pool is like 5% of a country's population, I can accept that and lead a healthy life with the cards life handed to me, or I can try and fight that and keep shooting myself in the foot.

Vick

Gold Member
But wait, that was just a Ree post. Here's the whole 5 minutes thread, two idiots "talking" :

Time to turn up the volume : REEEEEEEEEEEE§!§§!!§§§!!

"It is the most rational thing i've done all day"

dead2.gif

The video provided a bit of contest at least.

Reactions: HDM

MrFunSocks

Banned
H80V4Eb.png

holy shit I had to shrink the text on my web browser to get all that to fit
Just insane. They don’t seem to understand that Reeee isn’t a country governed by rules and laws. The admin and moderators can do whatever the hell they want. They don’t “need to unban” someone because they changed the reason of the ban lol.

They act like Reeee access is a public service run by the government.

Vick

Gold Member
This included EightBitNate, creator of this legendary GAF thread.
Somehow missed this one, so i'm very obviously in tears.

Reading old GAF Threads is always a pure dopamine injection. This place was paradise, for so many years.

Ninja Scooter has 123,000 posts on this site alone?

Dread to think how many he has on Era.

Get some air lad.

Doesn't post that much anymore.

His stock in trade was 'drive-by' lol posts but that is effectively banned on Era so he just pops up every now and again to shit on things, albeit in a less screechy and more logical way than most of them.

Always sounds pissed off now. Like everyone else on that forum.

Last edited:
Doesn't post that much anymore.

His stoke in trade was 'drive-by' lol posts but that is effectively banned on Era so he just pops up every now and again to shit on things, albeit in a less screechy and more logical way than most of them.

Always sounds pissed off now. Like everyone else on that forum.
I just checked. He only has a mere 30,000 on there! What a shame he couldn't boost his posting amount with a well educated "lol" comment.

I love how some of them don't have any kind of backbone either. That Persephone poster ( Used to go by another username over here but can't remember what it was....she got banned for being abusive towards Evil lore) was all like yeah this is disgusting....but please don't ban.

The site has just gone to shit and the mods need to stay firm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom