• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
KL7WFVl.png

"I'm not trans myself, but I really wanted to take the time to express how much I like saying 'MAGA chud'! MAGA chud! MAGA chud! MAGA chud!"

I love that these 15 or so dumb-dumbs think the rest of the site gives a flying fuck about their trans feelings. Just like with all those other trans users and asians and NFL/NBA groups that left for Discord, these members (lol) won't be missed by anyone.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I love that these 15 or so dumb-dumbs think the rest of the site gives a flying fuck about their trans feelings. Just like with all those other trans users and asians and NFL/NBA groups that left for Discord, these members (lol) won't be missed by anyone.
Youd think if someone feels so isolated in the world, they'd seek out professional help. Yet they prefer lingering onto a game board's off topic tab for social acceptance.

Era's userbase must skew toward the younger side of the spectrum, right? Just everything I read there smacks of uninformed, unknowledgeable teenage angst. They act as though they know everything but have no actual lived experiences to back up their empty and meaningless words.

I remember being a teenager and whilst this may just be my own personal take, you do think you know either everything, or know better than everyone.

Is Era by extension, just a petulant pissing match to see who can spew the largest word salad (Shiron wins) or appear to be the most virtuous?

You know things are bleak when you think the moderation and administration are the more reasonable ones than the users on ResetEra. While they're still extremely trigger-happy, the users who are revolting against them genuinely have no clue what exactly they're fighting. Oh, this admin said something that can be construed as ableist? Here's 60 pages worth of messages talking about the "ableism problem". This admin told an irrationally mad user to "pound sand", a very tame and nice way of saying "fuck off"? Here's 80 pages of prose about why the admin is defending transphobia and is literally killing trans people. There's no reason for this outrage. They're just creating a wildfire for the sake of creating wildfire. The staff is right to let them culminate into an emotional trainwreck. Get dozens of users banned permanently, get rid of the toxicity, make some performative statement about trans rights or how disabled people deserve respect, or who knows maybe both! Era is far less active than it was before this Black Chamber thing, who the community collectively agrees is the second coming of Satan. There really was no reason to behave this sort of way and the staff are basically firemen who are just extinguishing the blaze.

This whole situation is just so weird. You don't even need to disagree with their political beliefs to understand that this behavior is weird.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Its crazy how something becomes 'the new thing' and then its over used everywhere for months by people trying to use it as a public display of how they get it
Was a thing at oldGAF too. People (mostly those who went on to found Reera) would latch onto the latest hip expression / motto / video / comic/ article and run it into the ground in the space of a week, only they kept using it for months.

I remember when “passive aggressive” became the flavor of the month, suddenly every little thing discussed on GAF was “passive aggressive” (then the concept was upgraded to “microaggressions” because it wasn’t aggressive enough, I guess). Or people would find one article (one!) from the Washington Post supporting the standard socio-political view of the trimester and they’d just link to it without another word. For people who don’t believe in religion, they sure act like they have some sacred texts.

Ionian

Era's userbase must skew toward the younger side of the spectrum, right? Just everything I read there smacks of uninformed, unknowledgeable teenage angst. They act as though they know everything but have no actual lived experiences to back up their empty and meaningless words.

I remember being a teenager and whilst this may just be my own personal take, you do think you know either everything, or know better than everyone.

Is Era by extension, just a petulant pissing match to see who can spew the largest word salad (Shiron wins) or appear to be the most virtuous?

The vast majority (going by their own polls) are middle-aged men.

Maybe there was am influx of younger users but that is really doubtful

Tuff McNutt

When polls have come up, they show many there are in their 30s and 40s.

(Edit: beaten to it, NVM)

Last edited:
The vast majority (going by their own polls) are middle-aged men.

Maybe there was am influx of younger users but that is really doubtful
When polls have come up, they show many there are in their 30s and 40s.

(Edit: beaten to it, NVM)

That is fucking dreadfully scary. Sort of hoped a silent majority would be the older users who aren't there to participate in a pissing match about gender and bad words, but here we are.

Instead, we have a bunch of developmentally arrested manchildren who screech into the endless void about pronouns and safespaces. What the fuck happened lol

Ionian

That is fucking dreadfully scary. Sort of hoped a silent majority would be the older users who aren't there to participate in a pissing match about gender and bad words, but here we are.

Instead, we have a bunch of developmentally arrested manchildren who screech into the endless void about pronouns and safespaces. What the fuck happened lol

Their safe-space was a con. Trolls are ruining the place and the can't even see the ones in front of them.

Even though they read here and are consonantly pointed out to them.

Top quality humour!

Oh the user-base is fucked. no hope about that. Just users stabbing each other and screeching and trolling.

Was a longtime coming. The mods/admins brought it all on themselves.
Yeah, you can't help but feel that more stringent moderation and actually following their own policy would have likely resulted in a healthier forum experience. Instead, it turned into this weird not-quite-safe-space/hugbox that caters to the most niche community (niche probably isn't the right word) and bends over backwards for them. It feels as though they are too blind too see it.

Now there's been a power shift in the user base and the heirarchy dictates that trans people sit squarely atop the oppression throne, until something new comes along for Era to tear itself apart over. (again)

Don't these people ever get tired? I get tired just by looking at them scream all day.
It's the same 5-10 of them screeching into the ether.

My guess is that's why Admin hasn't made any official response since Poodlestrike's post. They're just going to let them scream and yell until they lose interest or leave.

Oh so when you're trans context matters all of a sudden?

I love it when their own bullshit bites them in the ass. Like when a bunch of cancel culture fiends came out defending James Gunn when he was pulled off his films for making edgy jokes. They seem to think they shiuld be able to pick and choose when people are joking and when they deserve to have their careers ended. I remember calling Patrick Klepek out on his bullshit when he was defending Gunn to which he naturally ignored and continued to be a fucking hypocrite.

Anyone who wants anyone cancelled or tries to get anyone fired for having an opinion or making a joke - can go to hell and I hope one day someone finds them saying a homophobic slur from when they were 15 and their careers end.

Last edited:

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Lol, please don't mention the police here, it's triggering.

I often think about the police force in the US. Is it really as fucked as some of these lunatics suggest?

Given the fact everyone can equip themselves with weapons there I would always be more scared of a citizen armed but not trained than a military one! I'm sure there are problems but it's a society issue and they can't escape it by reducing it to few police officers abusers. USA will have to face itself whole one day and not jusy looking for easy solutions out of it.

If RE was real I'm sure those fanatics would have killed me already. I'm lucky I got a ban over a bullet 😆

Last edited:
God I hope there is a new exodus would be fun to watch what kind of topics they would create in their new little space. I imagine their GOTY would be "Tell me Why" for at least two consecutive years

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Anyway it's pretty obvious mods are in silence waiting for everyone involved to make mistakes and then ban them for it. It's super effective but given mods first are the issue there, and not the community they helped create, I'm not sure for how long it'll be an effective tool on the long term but shows the hypocrisy behind it all.

History will repeat just with new victims. That forum is spiritually dead.

Last edited:

dave_d

Lol, please don't mention the police here, it's triggering.

I often think about the police force in the US. Is it really as fucked as some of these lunatics suggest?
Not really. I mean usually when you hear something about police brutality from "activists" they leave out some critical piece of information that totally turns the situation around. Not saying it doesn't happen, it's a big country and it does happen. The big REAL problem with the police is politicians see the police as an easy way to make money. (IE nonsense traffic tickets and asset forfeiture to name 2.) So people often effectively get shaken down by the cops because the mayor thinks that's easier than raising taxes.

Dabaus

Banned
Sort of off topic from the discussion at hand but ive lurked enough on era to see that, compared to here on Gaf, the xbox brand has alot more interest there. I think any critical discussion of xboxs place in the market is seen as console warring and thus bannable. I also wouldnt be surprised if restera is the "Politically Correct Message board" corporate types use because of its woke reputation so thats the place they send most of their astroturfers. Its just strikes me strange that outside of resetera almost everywhere you look theres either zero interest or outright hostility to xbox as brand but if you went there you would never know that.

Last edited:

edify

Neo Member
Fuck, I just can't tolerate that place any more. I deserve whatever shit I get for going there and coming back here, but hey ho.

This is what the Era community gets for all it's effort. For all the initiatives and frank discourse, for striving to be the number one inclusive place to discuss games and the industry, they now have 0.5% of the userbase screaming insults and threats, demanding resignations and telling LGBT admins/mods that they're Uncle Tom's and they're not doing enough.

I don't fucking get it. I didn't think half of the things on Era even needed to be done if the focus was just on the games, but it's not about games any more, it's about strangers giving a bunch of really damaged people free therapy.

I don't even mean trans=damaged, I'm a live and let live kind of guy, whatever people feel they need to do to be happy is fine with me. But too many of the frequent posters there seem to be heavily medicated, or depressed or have a myriad of unresolved issues, and they're using Era as a support group. I've ran out of fucks, the place is rotten.

/rant.

I don't even mean trans=damaged, I'm a live and let live kind of guy, whatever people feel they need to do to be happy is fine with me. But too many of the frequent posters there seem to be heavily medicated, or depressed or have a myriad of unresolved issues, and they're using Era as a support group. I've ran out of fucks, the place is rotten.

/rant.

It's a support group where they incite the worst in each other. They refuse external opinions or advice and want a safe space for their - let's be real - seriously damaged world views. I mean I've seen so many posts from people saying that era is their only social community including irl. These people need help and a change to their lives but will never face reality.

edify

Neo Member
It's a support group where they incite the worst in each other. They refuse external opinions or advice and want a safe space for their - let's be real - seriously damaged world views. I mean I've seen so many posts from people saying that era is their only social community including irl. These people need help and a change to their lives but will never face reality.
It's a barrel of crabs and now they're invoking Martin Luther King quotes to justify being vile arseholes to a community that has tried it's best to accommodate them. I doubt Gaming side will be badly effected, but the rest of the site is about to implode.

Sort of off topic from the discussion at hand but ive lurked enough on era to see that, compared to here on Gaf, the xbox brand has alot more interest there. I think any critical discussion of xboxs place in the market is seen as console warring and thus bannable. I also wouldnt be surprised if restera is the "Politically Correct Message board" corporate types use because of its woke reputation so thats the place they send most of their astroturfers. Its just strikes me strange that outside of resetera almost everywhere you look theres either zero interest or outright hostility to xbox as brand but if you went there you would never know that.

Yeah, any criticism of xbox will get you banned for "trolling", "console warring", etc. Even the most benign shit.

My theory is that one of the big reasons is virtue signalling poverty, since 90% of the pro xbox posts I see are all OMG GaMePaSs iS SuCh an AmAzInG VaLuE!!!11111 NOBODY NEEDS TO PAY FOR GAMES ANYMORE!!!111 I PREPAID FOR 50 YEARS OF GAMEPASS AND IM SET FOR LIFE

Last edited:

Dabaus

Banned
Yeah, any criticism of xbox will get you banned for "trolling", "console warring", etc. Even the most benign shit.

My theory is that one of the big reasons is virtue signalling poverty, since 90% of the pro xbox posts I see are all OMG GaMePaSs iS SuCh an AmAzInG VaLuE!!!11111 NOBODY NEEDS TO PAY FOR GAMES ANYMORE!!!111 I PREPAID FOR 50 YEARS OF GAMEPASS AND IM SET FOR LIFE

I actually wouldnt be shocked Microsoft has a vested interest in restera as the "The official place to astroturf" gamespass and thats why all critical discussion about xbox is banned or you can get a warning for even the most tame of console wars. I mean the attention xbox gets there, along with the positive comments, compared to say here is night and day. What im saying is i wouldn't be surprised if MS was bribing certain mods to protect the xbox brand there.

ManaByte

I actually wouldnt be shocked Microsoft has a vested interest in restera as the "The official place to astroturf" gamespass and thats why all critical discussion about xbox is banned or you can get a warning for even the most tame of console wars. I mean the attention xbox gets there, along with the positive comments, compared to say here is night and day. What im saying is i wouldn't be surprised if MS was bribing certain mods to protect the xbox brand there.

giphy.gif

TrainedRage

Banned
Funny how discord of a game is banned on a gaming discussion forum. Really makes the old almond tick.

For as much as they espouse fascism, they sure love being little dictators.

They also do a great job of proving the fragile snowflake theory. Anything deemed too offensive (like a funny ad in a video game) and they just shut down and start crying and going at each other’s “balls”.

I put balls in quotes so I don’t offend those delicate women who still have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom