• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necro900

I love how some of them don't have any kind of backbone either. That Persephone poster ( Used to go by another username over here but can't remember what it was....she got banned for being abusive towards Evil lore) was all like yeah this is disgusting....but please don't ban.

The site has just gone to shit and the mods need to stay firm.
Yep. It's literally the COD boycott steam meme on a board.

"EXODUS!! WE'LL LEAVE IN DROVES", and yet they keep posting insulting users and admins

They need to have their bluff called. I'm sure some of the more credulous hangers-on are making a new forum but it will fail because, as many people have pointed out, they don't want a trans utopia forum with 500 members. They want to shout at people and they want thousands of people watching them do it and patting them on the back.

So call their bluff. No politics in the gaming forum, no hostility, even to people you have decided are Nazis, no more bans for differing opinions etc etc.

Put in a an announcement and let it rip.

Then perm the first ten people who hurl abuse as a warning to the rest.

See what happens.

All hell will break loose but when the dust settles you're probably going to end up with a better forum and most of the userbase. There is definitely a chance they will pull off a second exodus and take the vast majority of the users but it's going down the tubes anyway so...

They need to have their bluff called. I'm sure some of the more credulous hangers-on are making a new forum but it will fail because, as many people have pointed out, they don't want a trans utopia forum with 500 members. They want to shout at people and they want thousands of people watching them do it and patting them on the back.

So call their bluff. No politics in the gaming forum, no hostility, even to people you have decided are Nazis, no more bans for differing opinions etc etc.

Put in a an announcement and let it rip.

Then perm the first ten people who hurl abuse as a warning to the rest.

See what happens.

All hell will break loose but when the dust settles you're probably going to end up with a better forum and most of the userbase. There is definitely a chance they will pull off a second exodus and take the vast majority of the users but it's going down the tubes anyway so...
Would be a good idea but we all know that will never happen. They don't have the balls. (no pun intended )

Last edited:

nush

I hope they all become admins :messenger_smiling_hearts:
3i2i.gif

It's fun to see who's siding with who in this thread.

Think I'm #TeamAdmin for this particular skirmish.

I'm in it for the most drama. I think I would ultimately prefer for there to be a second exodus accompanied by all the shit that went down when it happened to gaf (it's already happened a bit with 'ban me' threads popping up but hasn't reached critical mass). But I don't want it to be as successful as the first one was initially. I want half the users gone and the other half remaining and then both groups sniping at each other.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

Gold Member
I got banned for a month for saying that when Chris Pratt flashed Amy Poehler and Rashida Jones in an episode of parks and rec it wasn't sexual harassment.

Hey maybe I was wrong but that seemed really harsh to me. I only had a warning about Port begging before that.

I would have argued that they were coworkers and comedians and while it was inappropriate to flash them we don't know what relationships they have with each other. There is no nuance most of the time at that site.

cormack12

Gold Member
I got banned for a month for saying that when Chris Pratt flashed Amy Poehler and Rashida Jones in an episode of parks and rec it wasn't sexual harassment.

Hey maybe I was wrong but that seemed really harsh to me. I only had a warning about Port begging before that.

I would have argued that they were coworkers and comedians and while it was inappropriate to flash them we don't know what relationships they have with each other. There is no nuance most of the time at that site.

Its a common blooper as well. Where he walks in naked, think some of them are even on the parks n rec blooper reel. Uou can see any and rashida laughing. Steve Carrell does the same in the office bloopers and you can see Jenna laughing as well.

It's a stupid toilet humour joke for people who are comfortable with each other and the cast. Even John Krasinki had a few bloopers where he walked in with pants down (underwear on) though.

Sexual harassment /smh

Last edited:
It's fun to see who's siding with who in this thread.

Think I'm #TeamAdmin for this particular skirmish.

I'm #TeamLetItBurn personally. I did my best to improve the place, I was pushed aside for that. Now I'm enjoying the drama as an outsider and seeing when they blow up for good, so that the sane part of the website can either create a better place or find a way back here.

Astral Dog

i don't like ERA they don't celebrate videogames (on a 🎮 forum) they don't celebrate the LGBT community either (only in name but not really) or god or their country or food🍱 or, anything. many don't even like each other they are more like a huge woke cult looking for blood.

Last edited:
God they really love all these labels and putting each and everyone inside a group and then one group against the other...

Lightning Returns was alright. I never did finish it. I fucked up by not making enough monsters extinct for when you do the gauntlet with the time limit and my borderline autistic ass wouldn't let me finish the game, nor load an old save file to try it. Obviously on hard difficulty with no outside help. I managed to cheese most of the game with an outfit or weapon I bought in the desert (the vendor is RNG I think?).

I don't know if it was better or worse than XIII and XIII-2 but I sure as fuck hated all the needless dialogue to start every quest.

XXL

Resetera (and super woke progressives) imo are just a massive group of narcissists. A lot of people have misconceptions about this condition. I mean....

"Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others."

Here is more on narcissism

The signs (and all the sub traits) line up perfectly with what Resetera is all about.

cormack12

Gold Member
Someome creates something moderatelt successful. But we need these harpies to run it and show everyone how they are doing it wrong. They only create drama.

Let them make their own forum. Call their bluff.

Cob32

If the trolls running the Banshee McSpook or Kyuuji accounts are reading this, it’s time to start pushing for ZeoVGM to become a moderator and the trans community won’t accept anything less.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Lightning Returns was alright. I never did finish it. I fucked up by not making enough monsters extinct for when you do the gauntlet with the time limit and my borderline autistic ass wouldn't let me finish the game, nor load an old save file to try it. Obviously on hard difficulty with no outside help. I managed to cheese most of the game with an outfit or weapon I bought in the desert (the vendor is RNG I think?).

I don't know if it was better or worse than XIII and XIII-2 but I sure as fuck hated all the needless dialogue to start every quest.

Well I'm glad someone still reminds me as the one and only FF13, Lightning and Toriyama's true fanboy in the old gaf days😍

I still proudly wear Kagari's stigma under my name!

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Just looked at that Cyberpunk "transphobic' thread and on one of the most recent pages someone posted 'God I hate white people!' If that's not racist, I don't know what is. He wasn't banned. If it was reversed then I would be banned for saying that about black people. Those people are the most racist, close-minded idiots. They portray that they are all-inclusive, liberal and open minded but god no they are the worst. Most toxic place ever!

danowat

Banned

Yeah, why can't other minorities get a piece of the TransERA pie?

We don't measure the opinion itself, we only measure the number of boxes the person giving the opinion ticks.
☑ POC
☑ Woman
☑ Trans
☑ ESL
☑ Poor
☑ Elderly
☑ Disabled (physical or otherwise)

Thankfully, most REEE posters tick the last box at a minimum
It's itching to create an account there with all those stats. I will be king!!!

Cob32

That fucker got me perma banned because I said the safety of female professional fighters is a concern when fighting male fighters who have transitioned to being female after they are fully developed male adults.

God damn I wanted to go down with a good post but foolishly didn't think such a sentiment would get me perma'd.

The trans women in sport threads are always graveyards over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom