• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckheim

I actually wouldnt be shocked Microsoft has a vested interest in restera as the "The official place to astroturf" gamespass and thats why all critical discussion about xbox is banned or you can get a warning for even the most tame of console wars. I mean the attention xbox gets there, along with the positive comments, compared to say here is night and day. What im saying is i wouldn't be surprised if MS was bribing certain mods to protect the xbox brand there.

SqX7R1T.jpg

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Lol, please don't mention the police here, it's triggering.

I often think about the police force in the US. Is it really as fucked as some of these lunatics suggest?
Not even remotely close. Policing in the US is fine. It’s a false narrative created by the victim patrol.

Most people who claim to “leave their homes terrified of the cops” actually don’t and they just say that so people can feel sorry for them and give them what they want, which is power.

And the ones who do need psychological help.

Its funny that they just discovered how the admins/mods abuse their power on Era. They were fine with it, when people got banned for saying "lets just discuss the game, stop baiting other people and derailing the thread". But now that the staff got enough of their shit as well, they are like "how dare you ban me after i told you to fck off, jesus those admins/mods are pretty bad and like to play police".

AHA-Lambda

I actually wouldnt be shocked Microsoft has a vested interest in restera as the "The official place to astroturf" gamespass and thats why all critical discussion about xbox is banned or you can get a warning for even the most tame of console wars. I mean the attention xbox gets there, along with the positive comments, compared to say here is night and day. What im saying is i wouldn't be surprised if MS was bribing certain mods to protect the xbox brand there.

Nah I see way too damn many people that keep bringing up "but it's not sustianable!! but what about ownership!! but what if prices go up!!" over and over and over again and just can't understand the shocking idea that people would want to play a game for a much cheaper price

Last edited:

ManaByte

Nah I see way too damn many people that keep bringing up "but it's not sustianable!! but what about ownership!! but what if prices go up!!" over and over and over again and just can't understand the shokcing idea that people would want to play a game for a much cheaper price

Because when you really want to play a game you pay full price to support the devs and even change your timezone to New Zealand's. Or in Era's case, pretend that someone else bought the game for you.

Rillania

Gold Member
It's a support group where they incite the worst in each other. They refuse external opinions or advice and want a safe space for their - let's be real - seriously damaged world views. I mean I've seen so many posts from people saying that era is their only social community including irl. These people need help and a change to their lives but will never face reality.

Not sure if this has been mentioned prior, but they've had a crazy high amount of suicide threads crop up in off-topic over the years. The amount of them spiked so high end of last year / beginning of this year that someone even started one about it and the mental health of the place. Thread went as well as you might expect.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/th...munity-read-staff-post-before-posting.172243/

Couple snips from just the first two pages:

qLzfV6f.png

zt3pGv3.png

RSv0gkM.png

wfXC3o6.png

Nr7Hhdl.png

Not sure if this has been mentioned prior, but they've had a crazy high amount of suicide threads crop up in off-topic over the years. The amount of them spiked so high end of last year / beginning of this year that someone even started one about it and the mental health of the place. Thread went as well as you might expect.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/th...munity-read-staff-post-before-posting.172243/

qLzfV6f.png

zt3pGv3.png

RSv0gkM.png

wfXC3o6.png

Nr7Hhdl.png
That first quote by Geoff is very appropriate given the current climate there.

Balboa

Expecting everything to calm down over the next few days... then a mod is going to "accidentally" unpin their slanderous manifesto from the front page and all hell will break loose BY GAWD!

danowat

Banned

qLzfV6f.png

zt3pGv3.png

RSv0gkM.png

wfXC3o6.png

Nr7Hhdl.png
Hey, that's me!!! Lol

I used to think I was about as far from a bigot as you could get, but hey, Era says so, so it must be true!

Last edited:

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Oh boy.

Yeah, but do they have an account on GAF, subscribe to ACG on YouTube, or did they vote for Trump?

Last edited:

Rillania

Gold Member
That first quote by Geoff is very appropriate given the current climate there.

Oh yeah, for sure, he hit the nail on the head in that post. These issues have been long simmering over at Era, and I'm wondering if now is when it's going to all start boiling over or they're just going to continue going from one "crisis" to the next.

Hey, that's me!!! Lol

I used to think I was about as far from a bigot as you could get, but hey, Era says so, so it must be true!

Ayeee! lol

Your post was completely on point with how things have been going over there.

Dunki

I don't fucking get it. I didn't think half of the things on Era even needed to be done if the focus was just on the games, but it's not about games any more, it's about strangers giving a bunch of really damaged people free therapy.
This is not therapy this is letting your disabled and mentally ill child run around freely witout any rules or consequences because of your disability or mental illness.

Last edited:

qLzfV6f.png

zt3pGv3.png

RSv0gkM.png

wfXC3o6.png

Nr7Hhdl.png
Charles Brandon Charles Brandon truer words were never spoken than your post here. (I think that's the gaffer formerly known as Geoff anyway, apologies if I'm mistaken)

VN1X

Banned

Yeah, why can't other minorities get a piece of the TransERA pie?
"Era is not a safe space" one commenter noted.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Anything the staff does will not be enough unless they absolve all "trans" users of their sins, for they are the one who are oppressed and delegitimized.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Sounds like Geoff read the Freddie de Boer Planet of Cops essay:

The woke world is a world of snitches, informants, rats. Go to any space concerned with social justice and what will you find? Endless surveillance. Everybody is to be judged. Everyone is under suspicion. Everything you say is to be scoured, picked over, analyzed for any possible offense. Everyone’s a detective in the Division of Problematics, and they walk the beat 24/7. You search and search for someone Bad doing Bad Things, finding ways to indict writers and artists and ordinary people for something, anything. That movie that got popular? Give me a few hours and 800 words. I’ll get you your indictments. That’s what liberalism is, now — the search for baddies doing bad things, like little offense archaeologists, digging deeper and deeper to find out who’s Good and who’s Bad. I wonder why people run away from establishment progressivism in droves.​

Last edited:
Because when you really want to play a game you pay full price to support the devs and even change your timezone to New Zealand's. Or in Era's case, pretend that someone else bought the game for you.

Bonus points if it's your "friend's non-binary wife" who bought it for you.

Ol'Scratch

Where I come from this is called talking out of your ass.
Just saying.
There is enough stupidity happening to enjoy without trying to surpass it.

Dabaus

Banned
Nah I see way too damn many people that keep bringing up "but it's not sustianable!! but what about ownership!! but what if prices go up!!" over and over and over again and just can't understand the shocking idea that people would want to play a game for a much cheaper price
Where I come from this is called talking out of your ass.
Just saying.
There is enough stupidity happening to enjoy without trying to surpass it.

Yall mad but havent refuted my main point, which is it seems to me, that MS has certain staff on resetera to protect the Xbox brand from criticism and to play up games pass as the next big thing.

Last edited:

Electret

RIP Hobbes

GsNOnSl.jpg
AfKRhwb.gif

385TFsd.png

Interestingly enough, this poster sucks both dick and cock.
THE RIDE NEVER ENDS. At this point, it'd be easier for them to provide us a whitelist of what words we can say, rather than the constant policing to dictate what we can't say. Oh wait, the term "whitelist" is HORRIBLY problematic - that's a perm right there, in fact!

Last edited:
This thread is something.

You have a person getting all worked up because someone dare post in the original referenced thread, but they can't afford food. Sure, like you can't afford Internet and your mobile plan? And your endless entertainment budget?

Reckheim

Yall mad but havent refuted my main point, which is it seems to me, that MS has certain staff on resetera to protect the Xbox brand from criticism and to play up games pass as the next big thing.
or maybe its just a great service. This is coming from someone that isn't permanently subscribed to it or plans to own MS hardware.

Take off those fanboy goggles; not everything is a conspiracy against your plastic box of choice.

who_me

Seems like its been very popular place to dunk on cyberpunk 2077. When they want a company to fail, they really want it to fail. Such an idiotic thing to do when all of those developers hard work are just thrown out the window. Heard no qualms about The Witcher 3 came but due to one comment the game is entirely different. Also all of those videos showed by CDPR

They complain about the performance but at the same time buy Age of Calamity and excuse that performance (20-25 and sub hd).

It is a goddamn hive mind in that place. Say something good about the company and then meant with the transphobic argument right after. We get it already

TTOOLL

qLzfV6f.png

zt3pGv3.png

RSv0gkM.png

wfXC3o6.png

Nr7Hhdl.png

Welcome, @Geoff

who_me

I thought this was era for a minute. You sound as delusional as those Sony fanboys over there. Criticize Spider-Man or God of War's repetitive gameplay, the mob get sent after you

Peroroncino

Haha, hobbes should've just stuck to writing about cyberpunk, it's clear he liked the attention when he was the only one with a copy on era without an embargo.

This whole drama is delicious. Have some popcorn GAF, let's enjoy it some more.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom