• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like this was Hobbes attempted alt account:

TUTU0Wr.png

Pretty funny given Hobbes desperate attempts at becoming a ResetEra moderator himself.

F Feorax

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I'm not going to lie, I kind of worry about Hobbes's mental health. He doesn't seem the most stable person to begin with and yet keeps crawling back to Ree even when they kick him while he's down. He's a bit of a dickhead but I wonder if he's just reacting to the heavy negativity that hangs around the neck of that forum like a weight. I.E. I think he's actually well meaning and if he wasn't accustomed to getting abused by the angry Ree mods maybe he'd be OK.

I doubt it's a perma ban, the mods there seem to love shitting on him so they'll keep him around. If you're reading Hobbes, stick to Reddit and Twitter, shit maybe even the IGN boards.

Last edited:
Why do they keep saying 'MAGA chud' over and over again? Do they seriously believe this is some kind of brilliant, savage takedown? It's like they're trying to force a thing that nobody outside of their creepy weirdo bubble actually wants.
chud is a term liberals' stole from leftists

i don't know why they're saying "maga chud". chud is sufficient but libs tend to ruin everything

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Looks like this was Hobbes attempted alt account:

TUTU0Wr.png

Pretty funny given Hobbes desperate attempts at becoming a ResetEra moderator himself.

What are the pros of being a ResetEra mod? You'll be dogpiled more than ever if you make one teensy mistake.

nush

What are the pros of being a ResetEra mod? You'll be dogpiled more than ever if you make one teensy mistake.

And also apparently it's worth adding to your resume. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Work done as moderator / community manager of ResetEra, one of the largest forums for technology, games and entertainment discussions in the world, based in the USA, with over 40,000 registered members. Managing member complaints and maintaining order in the community, ensuring compliance with the forum's Terms of Service, work carried out with a multicultural team based in several countries in Europe, the Americas and Oceania.

MrFunSocks

Banned
ERA had this thread back in mid-2018, and it was healthy, understanding, respectful, and not at all a ban graveyard.
This was just bananas. If I, a straight man, won’t suck a “girls” dick, I’m a bigot and transphobic apparently lol. What’s type of sane person actually thinks like that?

I’m a man that is attracted to women. If you’ve got a man’s body and sex organs then I’m not going to be sexually attracted to you. Nothing I can do about that.

Ymir

ERA had this thread back in mid-2018, and it was healthy, understanding, respectful, and not at all a ban graveyard.
LOL The guy who bought his wife would not buy a trans person unless they're post op

messofanego said:
If I was single and the person was post-op, sure why not.

I wish gender reassignment surgery was way more affordable. It's like $30,000 in the USA, right? I don't know the prices in different countries. Is it affordable here in Europe, UK?

What a bigot

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
R4vCdN9.png

You just know he saw all the drama going down this week and wanted to join in Dogpiling the mods. His attempt to be popular eventually led to his downfall.

I'm gonna miss laughing at him.
LOL.

That's some incident manager. Going off the deep end in a blaze of glory. And an alt account too. How childish.

Anyone remember the funny thing he did maybe a year ago? There was something stupid he did which made him get temp banned, he made his Twitter private for a bit, then he reactivated his Twitter but curated his posts by deleting the dumb stuff he said and he took down all personal pictures of himself. I think that's when he made his profile banner a pic of a giant sandwich.

Enzo88

NuNJg0B.png

Defending Tesla = ban
The CEO of this huge company is showing actual data/metrics.

Random sjws behind the keyboard believe they are actually doing more for those communities by censoring thought on a videogame forum, mostly speaking for communities they do nothing for/are not part of/ don`t give a shit about.

Now if that`s not dystopian i don`t know what it is.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Musk is a genius, I'm a fan of his products (both Tesla and SpaceX), I think he's pushing humanity forward and doing great things, but I also think he has a few screws loose and I take issue with a ton of his statements and tweets.

But a "bigot"? Na. Zero evidence of that. But REEEE will be REEEEE.
Im not a fan of Tesla or any of the shit he's involved in. And when he was arguing with the rescuer calls him gay or pedo, that's totally uncalled for.

But I got to admit I do enjoy the fact he's more teflon than a mafia boss. He can do and say whatever he wants and nothing affects him or his brands. Anyone who hates him must be sick to their stomach he never bends. If anything, it seems any time he gets into a Twitter match he comes out stronger.

Last edited:
Musk is a genius, I'm a fan of his products (both Tesla and SpaceX), I think he's pushing humanity forward and doing great things, but I also think he has a few screws loose and I take issue with a ton of his statements and tweets.

But a "bigot"? Na. Zero evidence of that. But REEEE will be REEEEE.
Yeah. Tesla and SpaceX produce some incredible technology and Musk is a genuinely smart man, if not too ambitious at times. He also comes across as too Redditor for me and I'm just too old or mature for that kind of thing. He isn't really a bigot and his pronoun joke honestly made my laugh a little.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Search this topic with my Username and Hobbes and it's all there. Enjoy!
Thanks. Will do. Unfortunately, I got two things due tomorrow and I'm going to do them now. LOL. Im not a big procrastinator, but I got to say when you're on WFH policy, you can kind of dick around and do things when you want.

I'll probably finish by 1 am-ish. If I'm still up I'll search then.

Hobbess

Banned
I hate to say this, but in H Hobbess defence, the last two major incidents occurred while he was banned. Maybe, he is a competent incident manager.

Before I never think of this place or Era ever again, and crawl back into the basement dwelling obscurity that I spent years pretending that I wasn't in, I do just want to say that in all the times I've come to this place as a result of someone telling me that GAF was talking about me, the meme comments dunking on me and my chosen profession (among other things) have been pretty funny.

Anyways, I'm gonna sign off and enjoy some Cowboy Bebop or something.

nush

Before I never think of this place or Era ever again, and crawl back into the basement dwelling obscurity that I spent years pretending that I wasn't in, I do just want to say that in all the times I've come to this place as a result of someone telling me that GAF was talking about me, the meme comments dunking on me and my chosen profession (among other things) have been pretty funny.

You've somewhat redeemed yourself. Go on a forum detox come back when you just want to talk about games, shoot the shit and have fun. Stop trying to be popular and just be confident in yourself.

Good luck, you can always be our incident manager. (y)

teezzy

Banned
LOL

Lmao - nooo, not JoyFreak!! Lmfaooo

I forgot that was a thing I used to laugh at 🤣🤣

teezzy

Banned

There's worse places you can dwell than here fwiw. Most of us are just bored during quarantine and taking the piss... most of us

Not overly familiar, but I do recognize the era avatar. Wish ya well

Take a well-deserved break, man. Anybody who spends so much time in gaming forums needs some alone time in the basement. Feel free to join us whenever you want to chat about games and have a good time, something that Era doesn't seem to want anymore

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

I've done my fair share of shitting on you, but I can't help but respect the fact that you actually popped in.

Don't be a stranger.

Last edited:

graywolf323

we'll always have the kinship of Calvin & Hobbes avatars :p

edit: and having been banned from Era 😂

Last edited:

Hobbess

Banned
You've somewhat redeemed yourself. Go on a forum detox come back when you just want to talk about games, shoot the shit and have fun. Stop trying to be popular and just be confident in yourself.

Good luck, you can always be our incident manager. (y)

Respectfully, internet forums just aren't fun to be on, and I don't see eye to eye with probably the majority of people who post here. Not that I need an echo chamber, but more so the fact that I don't think there's any value in the conversations to have outside of this very brief one. I'm not gonna spend the time to defend my point of view, nor do I necessarily care to persuade anyone to "my side."

There's worse places you can dwell than here fwiw. Most of us are just bored during quarantine and taking the piss... most of us

Not overly familiar, but I do recognize the era avatar. Wish ya well

I don't think its dwelling. Morbid curiosity more than anything. I still don't understand why a thread like this exists, nor why I have any significance in being highlighted. Maybe I myself am just blind to my own status but I am unironically aligned on the belief that I am a nobody who just posts on an internet forum.

Take a well-deserved break, man. Anybody who spends so much time in gaming forums needs some alone time in the basement. Feel free to join us whenever you want to chat about games and have a good time, something that Era doesn't seem to want anymore

I'll be honest, I enjoyed Era and I enjoyed the fact that it constantly highlighted social issues within video games and explored those topics in depth. I still fully support many of the Era communities that are marginalized and highlighted those issues for discussions.

Viewing video games through a critical lens and being able to put a spot light down so many different avenues of interest and how they tie back into the real world, etc. adds a layer of enjoyment that just doesn't seem to be there when you look at video games through these child-like goggles that so many people do and who only consume them at face value. If that makes any sense?

Ultimately, I disagree that Era doesn't want to chat about games or have a good time. Era wants to be a place where being critical and highlighting those issues doesn't get swept under the rug or dismissed, and that's an important space to have, because at the end of the day - We all want to be heard when we think we have something good to share.

---

Anyways,

I am not going to be a GAF regular. While I fully recognize that the majority of posts about me are just taking the piss (and they're funny!), there are many posts that I've seen over this last year of randomly visiting that I can't condone, and as I'm sure you're all aware, being on the moral high horse is my personality.

Cheers!

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Respectfully, internet forums just aren't fun to be on.

Internet forums can be plenty of fun. Just not that one. Beyond that, if you're concerned with problematizing social issues and critical theory in video games, your priorities are not aligned with fun whatsoever and warrant reevaluation.

You'll feel better without Reset in your life either way.

RNK

Respectfully, internet forums just aren't fun to be on, and I don't see eye to eye with probably the majority of people who post here. Not that I need an echo chamber, but more so the fact that I don't think there's any value in the conversations to have outside of this very brief one. I'm not gonna spend the time to defend my point of view, nor do I necessarily care to persuade anyone to "my side."

I don't think its dwelling. Morbid curiosity more than anything. I still don't understand why a thread like this exists, nor why I have any significance in being highlighted. Maybe I myself am just blind to my own status but I am unironically aligned on the belief that I am a nobody who just posts on an internet forum.

I'll be honest, I enjoyed Era and I enjoyed the fact that it constantly highlighted social issues within video games and explored those topics in depth. I still fully support many of the Era communities that are marginalized and highlighted those issues for discussions.

Viewing video games through a critical lens and being able to put a spot light down so many different avenues of interest and how they tie back into the real world, etc. adds a layer of enjoyment that just doesn't seem to be there when you look at video games through these child-like goggles that so many people do and who only consume them at face value. If that makes any sense?

Ultimately, I disagree that Era doesn't want to chat about games or have a good time. Era wants to be a place where being critical and highlighting those issues doesn't get swept under the rug or dismissed, and that's an important space to have, because at the end of the day - We all want to be heard when we think we have something good to share.

---

Anyways,

I am not going to be a GAF regular. While I fully recognize that the majority of posts about me are just taking the piss (and they're funny!), there are many posts that I've seen over this last year of randomly visiting that I can't condone, and as I'm sure you're all aware, being on the moral high horse is my personality.

Cheers!
You want to be able to bring up critical issues, just not have an open discussion about said issues that don't 100 percent comply. There is ZERO room for open dialog there unless you fit the mould. While here, whether you agree or not, at least everyone is entitled to an opinion, and free to express it.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

---

Anyways,

Cheers!

Civil and level headed posts like this are hard to hate even if I disagree with some of the content.

Not every online community is for everyone. Best of luck to you in the future.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It doesn't make sense.

Because at the end of the day they are video games. Which is really no different than old school toys, board games or sports, or reading a 5 book box set of a franchise. It's just that it's digital and has more production value than playing a $15 box of Scrabble. And video game makers like to go on Twitter fanning flames of hot topics.

Some people take it dead serious. Some people kick back and chill playing them. Many people don't care one bit about video games and have never held a gamepad.

Video games aren't meant to compete with Doctors without Borders, societal issues and policies government deals with, or someone's self identity of sexuality.

But what happens when gamers take it too far and mods on Reeee let it spread, it becomes as hot a topic as covid vaccines that can cure millions of people. That's not what fun video gamers were designed for.

The last Reeee 2077 thread was created as an OT, has 100+ pages and every page has a sticky about CD being transphobic. That might be the first forum thread I have ever seen in all of the net where every page has the same red alert full page sticky note. That's how bad its become. I'm sure 99% of the people just want to talk about the game, but the mods encourage reminding everyone CD is transphobic.

What does that have to do with gamers who want to talk about 2077 graphics, missions, patches, refunds etc.....?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom