• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chittagong

Gold Member
2020 keeps delivering, Hobbes on GAF :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Enjoy your break from communities man. I don't think most people here have any real ill feelings towards you, this thread is mostly a bunch of 30 and 40 year olds laughing at the drama of the Era circus. It does not make me the best person to draw so much entertainment out of somebody else's misery, but like a good buddhist I accept that imperfection in myself.

Take it easy, I wish you many successful incidents!

tomasdk

It's been a while since I've been here logged in, this thread is pretty great I must say. May as well contribute, just got banned for a month on Era for pointing out to someone (who was sadly also banned in the end) that unless an opinion is 110% in support of whatever the topic, or perceived truth is, it's better to keep it to themselves or risk getting banned. Which happened to me twice already in the past so yeah.
Also saw the racist Era mod mentioned here, how they are not banned yet is beyond me. Oh well, just another day, I'll make sure to monitor this thread a bit, all sorts of interesting stuff here.

nush

Zvs5R2h.png

When will these people realize that you can't ride the CDPR is transphoic topic with other "Issues" and gain any traction?

Be a big boy and start a new topic for us to laugh at.

(Also LOL at only conservatives don't tar everyone with the same brush, like he is doing)

It's been a while since I've been here logged in, this thread is pretty great I must say. May as well contribute, just got banned for a month on Era for pointing out to someone (who was sadly also banned in the end) that unless an opinion is 110% in support of whatever the topic, or perceived truth is, it's better to keep it to themselves or risk getting banned. Which happened to me twice already in the past so yeah.
Also saw the racist Era mod mentioned here, how they are not banned yet is beyond me. Oh well, just another day, I'll make sure to monitor this thread a bit, all sorts of interesting stuff here.
Why did you even go that sh*thole anyway?

sobaka770

Banned
Respectfully, internet forums just aren't fun to be on, and I don't see eye to eye with probably the majority of people who post here. Not that I need an echo chamber, but more so the fact that I don't think there's any value in the conversations to have outside of this very brief one. I'm not gonna spend the time to defend my point of view, nor do I necessarily care to persuade anyone to "my side."

I don't think its dwelling. Morbid curiosity more than anything. I still don't understand why a thread like this exists, nor why I have any significance in being highlighted. Maybe I myself am just blind to my own status but I am unironically aligned on the belief that I am a nobody who just posts on an internet forum.

I'll be honest, I enjoyed Era and I enjoyed the fact that it constantly highlighted social issues within video games and explored those topics in depth. I still fully support many of the Era communities that are marginalized and highlighted those issues for discussions.

Viewing video games through a critical lens and being able to put a spot light down so many different avenues of interest and how they tie back into the real world, etc. adds a layer of enjoyment that just doesn't seem to be there when you look at video games through these child-like goggles that so many people do and who only consume them at face value. If that makes any sense?

Ultimately, I disagree that Era doesn't want to chat about games or have a good time. Era wants to be a place where being critical and highlighting those issues doesn't get swept under the rug or dismissed, and that's an important space to have, because at the end of the day - We all want to be heard when we think we have something good to share.

---

Anyways,

I am not going to be a GAF regular. While I fully recognize that the majority of posts about me are just taking the piss (and they're funny!), there are many posts that I've seen over this last year of randomly visiting that I can't condone, and as I'm sure you're all aware, being on the moral high horse is my personality.

Cheers!

Respect for showing up and providing your thoughts.

From my perspecive I very much agree with you on principle but disillusioned in practice from what I experienced on ERA vs GAF in the past year. I'm for discussing issues in videogame industry and how it relates to society. If games are an art form then it is only natural that they reflect modern societal tendencies so it is a great topic and such discussion elevates the whole medium outside of fanboyism etc. We should discuss sexualised female designs and minority representation and crunch etc.

But first of all, it can't be the only thing we talk about. I like Jim Sterling but his constant negativity is draining at some point. You need a balance of being aware of certain things, pushing for better things but also remember that games are also about escapism and a fun hobby especially when real world is already quite an unfair and shitty place (and I speak from a position of white cis male hetero middle-class privilege ). Cyberpunk devs may have issues with some transphobic elements in the past - but isn't it enough already to have a pinned thread where people can engage? Why are people not allowed to be excited about the game in an underrepresented genre, RPG of massive scope etc. without being constantly reminded of CDPR alleged transphobia and crunch in the OT of all places? It's weird and let's be clear - people didn't just get warned for being excited but permabanned. You can't have any quality discussion with this mindset, and it only got worse over the past couple of years culminating in this Cyberpunk, in my opinion, fiasco.

Moreover I very much am in disaccord with the ever-increasing victim mindset and need for safe space for minorities of every shape and color all intersecting across the whole forum space. It's an ever increasing tendency and simply not feasible in practice. You cannot segregate transgender, black, white, cis, dumb, wealthy, poor, slav, asian communities and respect everyone's wishes across the whole forum. It's a no-win situation for anyone and once again it stifles discussion and consensus, not helping it. The idea of multicultural diverse society is that you butt heads and strive to make the best solution that may not appease everyone but would work for large majority, not tiptoe around everyone's feelings to create the least offensive milquetoast solution that usually ends up being bland, forgettable and unsustainable as it stifles creativity and artistry. If people need a safe space (and yes it can be helpful for some posters and communities), it can be a seperate Discord channel or a single community forum thread, but the game OT, performance threads etc on a gaming forum should not be taken hostage or influenced at all by that, it should be about game. That's the idea of a forum - you can make a thread for anything and choose to engage where you want. So if someone thinks CDPR is tranphobic - that thread is helpful and people can engage and listen to transgender commuinity. But it doesn't mean that TransERA who choose to go to OT now need to remind everyone how offended they are. It's the OT, if you think the game is transphobic why did you choose to go there in the first place? Why is Kyuuji playing the game and engages there if her thoughts on CDPR are so clear? The sexualised women thread has its place and purpose, it's highlighting egregious pandering to male audience that may limit the medium's growth. Such threads can even be tagged as serious and moderated against trolls. But that's all that needs to happen: provide some space for this discussion and let the posters to also engage with some more controversial or even hostile opinions in other more global threads because otherwise growth is simply impossible. And allow some goddamn fun.

PS. Thread like this exists because it's also important to have a laugh and highlight the hypocrisy of certain fringe elements on ERA.

Last edited:
It's amazing to see so many people "see the light" because mods cracked down on discussion over a sci-fi videogame

The Etika suicide, the ongoing doxxing campaigns, the narcissistic abuse of Wrongthinkers, chasing out the ERA PC community, the slander against content creators, rival communities, and developers... nah, most people on ResetERA don't participate in those things so it doesn't count

Bu buh buh my cyber RPG. Heh heh I'm a fellow GAF refugee now heh heh right? pls embrace me

nush

It's amazing to see so many people "see the light" because mods cracked down on discussion over a sci-fi videogame

The Etika suicide, the ongoing doxxing campaigns, the narcissistic abuse of Wrongthinkers, chasing out the ERA PC community, the slander against content creators, rival communities, and developers... nah, most people on ResetERA don't participate in those things so it doesn't count

Bu buh buh my cyber RPG. Heh heh I'm a fellow GAF refugee now heh heh right? pls embrace me

To be fair the nutjobs found ways to move up to the gaming forum to continue the killstreak. I'm sure that a lot of the users noped out of Off topic and wanted to talk about games.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest

Please someone help me, it's from yesterday I'm trying to understand wtf she's trying to explain here and is driving me crazy, I'm reading and re-reading and I don't get it.
So basically at the end of the day she's like what, a male straight? 🤣

Last edited:
To be fair the nutjobs found ways to move up to the gaming forum to continue the killstreak. I'm sure that a lot of the users noped out of Off topic and wanted to talk about games.
The "gaming forum" known as ResetERA was founded because the GAF's owner wouldn't budge on non-gaming political aims, and was then taken down by accusations, causing an dramatic Exodus that was assisted by gaming journalists and adjunct communities on Discord and Reddit.

The nutjobs were there from the start. ERA was a cult from the start. It's a special kind of worm who waves their hand and says "oh no, I didn't participate in the human sacrifice and orgies, I was just drinking this coffee and fellowshipping with these True Believers in the lobby", especially when it's an anonymous gaming forum with little to no bearing on your real life. People should at least be honest that they got duped, be honest about the facets of their worldview/ideology that made them vulnerable to the duping, and then "do better, be better" as they love to say.

I can understand people who just wanna talk about games. I'm sure the bigbrains on GameFAQs, /v/, and IGN boards feel the same way. Doesn't mean that I can't point at the absurdity of such a community.

Last edited:

edify

Neo Member

Most of that stuff never leaked into Gaming side, so many of the less militant, raving members of the community didn't even know what was happening. This latest pandering round has had a wider impact. Even if you have no interest in Cyberpunk (like myself, I don't think CDPR know how to make a good video game), a lot of people have decided it's time to either speak up or bail out because it's certainly not going to stop with Cyberpunk.

Most of that stuff never leaked into Gaming side, so many of the less militant, raving members of the community didn't even know what was happening.
You're posting in a thread full of identical excuses stretching back months/years. I don't buy it and more importantly I don't really care. The gaming communities you choose to ignorantly spend your time on is your business, but own up to it when it turns out the "community" was actually a hyper-political cult with the aim of subverting culture.

This latest pandering round has had a wider impact. Even if you have no interest in Cyberpunk (like myself, I don't think CDPR know how to make a good video game), a lot of people have decided it's time to either speak up or bail out because it's certainly not going to stop with Cyberpunk.
I remember when some people noticed that "racist" Stinkles wasn't banned, then was banned, then was unbanned for kissing the ring and then came over to GAF. The hypocrisy has been there awhile. Since the beginning, in fact, since it's a cult.

Sorry that you got suckered by the glossy brocure.

edify

Neo Member
The "gaming forum" known as ResetERA was founded because the GAF's owner wouldn't budge on non-gaming political aims, and was then taken down by accusations, causing an dramatic Exodus that was assisted by gaming journalists and adjunct communities on Discord and Reddit.

The nutjobs were there from the start. ERA was a cult from the start. It's a special kind of worm who waves their hand and says "oh no, I didn't participate in the human sacrifice and orgies, I was just drinking this coffee and fellowshipping with these True Believers in the lobby", especially when it's an anonymous gaming forum with little to no bearing on your real life. People should at least be honest that they got duped, be honest about the facets of their worldview/ideology that made them vulnerable to the duping, and then "do better, be better" as they love to say.

I can understand people who just wanna talk about games. I'm sure the bigbrains on GameFAQs, /v/, and IGN boards feel the same way. Doesn't mean that I can't point at the absurdity of such a community.
I'll readily admit it, I got duped. I thought Era could be something really cool and progressive. Couple that with the fact that this forum nearly died and Era was super active in the beginning, going to Era was a no brainer for me.

But it hasn't worked out like that, Era is shit now, my hopes never came to fruition and I'm here because I'm fucking tired of double standards.

El_Cinefilo

Zvs5R2h.png

When will these people realize that you can't ride the CDPR is transphoic topic with other "Issues" and gain any traction?

Be a big boy and start a new topic for us to laugh at.

(Also LOL at only conservatives don't tar everyone with the same brush, like he is doing)

I knew when I saw that line Resetera were going to take it out of context and lose their shit.

I fully believe CDPR using the specific "Not every cop's a bastard" line was probably done purely to rile up the kind of people who would get angry about it on era. But the conversation in context is pretty different.

It's during a side quest where you're helping someone who is portrayed as possibly the only non corrupt cop in Night city try and find a kidnapped child, Johnny Silverhand is ripping on you helping him because he's a cop and that's what V replies

It's also followed up with something along the lines of

Johnny: "Have you ever met a rockerboy that isn't a narcissistic dickhead?"

V: ...."Well I suppose not" or "I guess you're right" or something along those lines.

Last edited:
I'll readily admit it, I got duped. I thought Era could be something really cool and progressive. Couple that with the fact that this forum nearly died and Era was super active in the beginning, going to Era was a no brainer for me.

But it hasn't worked out like that, Era is shit now, my hopes never came to fruition and I'm here because I'm fucking tired of double standards.
DunDunDunpachi DunDunDunpachi I don't care what you "buy" or not. I'm not your fucking boogie man.
I hope all returners see it the way you do. Cynically, that hasn't been my experience over the past few years but we do have some good ones that come back and actually break away from the cult. No, you in particular are not my boogie man. Filtering out Reeeturners has become second habit. Don't take it personally. Like I mentioned before, it was a cult from a start and people (in general) should quit making excuses for why they took their anonymous gaming persona over to a cult. If someone can't be honest when no reputation is on the line, I don't see why they should be trusted or Given A Chance™ until they invest the effort to prove themselves.

A blank-slate GAFer is treated the same way. Just because you show up and say you love videogames doesn't mean your rando opinion in hardware comparison threads (or some such) will be given a pass.

Nah. I was on GAF for years and that stuff happened for ages before the split. You just put up with it and sometimes all the drama was fun. It was still the best games forum by far despite that. Then the split happened and lots of people got banned from here so went with the flow and even if you weren't banned, GAF got absolutely hollowed out. At that point, Resetera felt much more like the 'real' GAF than GAF did, all the users were there, all the traffic, so of course people went across. Didn't mean they were into the political stuff, that was just part of the experience for better or worse. For all intents and purposes GAF was dead at that point.

And then Resetera started getting worse and GAF started getting better. And MANY, MANY people got banned repeatedly. I think 'normal' Reset users then split into three camps. Some people just stayed the same, said what they wanted to say and kept making jokes. Those people were banned into oblivion. Other people changed themselves to fit in with the radicalising culture. And a third group just decided to ignore all the nonsense, keep their heads down and keep out of all the crazy graveyard threads. First group has probably been back here for a while, second group will go down with the ship, third group are probably the ones coming back now.

Last edited:

Tuff McNutt

so i see they have learned a new word over there recently "sus". its really annoying to see it be used over and over again. They should try having a bit of individuality , bloody pawns the lot of them over there not an original thought between them.

That's so fucking annoying. It's usually because a mod or one of the power posters uses it. Like for a while they were saying "y'all" as if they were a bunch of southern gentlemen.

Nah. I was on GAF for years and that stuff happened for ages before the split. You just put up with it and sometimes all the drama was fun. It was still the best games forum by far despite that. Then the split happened and lots of people got banned from here so went with the flow and even if you weren't banned, GAF got absolutely hollowed out. At that point, Resetera felt much more like the 'real' GAF than GAF did, all the users were there, all the traffic, so of course people went across. Didn't mean they were into the political stuff, that was just part of the experience for better or worse. For all intents and purposes GAF was dead at that point.

And then Resetera started getting worse and GAF started getting better. And MANY, MANY people got banned repeatedly. I think 'normal' Reset users then split into three camps. Some people just stayed the same, said what they wanted to say and kept making jokes. Those people were banned into oblivion. Other people changed themselves to fit in with the radicalising culture. And a third group just decided to ignore all the nonsense, keep their heads down and keep out of all the crazy graveyard threads. First group has probably been back here for a while, second group will go down with the shop, third group are probably the ones coming back now.
I was banned years prior to the 2017 split (not this user, a previous one that didn't have a ton of posts anyway) for "vilifying game journalism".

Help me understand the justification for leaving with the other sheep when GAF got "hollowed out". Since you came back to GAF this year, you've done almost nothing except talk about ERA in this thread. So the departure wasn't because you've been bursting at the seams to share all of your gaming opinions.

I mean, welcome back and all that. Thanks for returning to talk about ERA when ERA started to get too cult-y for you. Your situation is not unique, and this thread is living documentation of all the people who return to dissect why ERA went wrong while -- pathologically -- never once catching a glimpse of themselves in the mirror.

I was banned years prior to the 2017 split (not this user, a previous one that didn't have a ton of posts anyway) for "vilifying game journalism".

Help me understand the justification for leaving with the other sheep when GAF got "hollowed out". Since you came back to GAF this year, you've done almost nothing except talk about ERA in this thread. So the departure wasn't because you've been bursting at the seams to share all of your gaming opinions.

I mean, welcome back and all that. Thanks for returning to talk about ERA when ERA started to get too cult-y for you. Your situation is not unique, and this thread is living documentation of all the people who return to dissect why ERA went wrong while -- pathologically -- never once catching a glimpse of themselves in the mirror.

Personally speaking, I got banned from GAF so I didn't have a choice. I talk about games elsewhere when I want to talk about them (not resetera) and until recently I wasn't even playing games that much anyway. I'm mainly here because I like the internet drama. I find it fascinating. I only came back to GAF because I stumbled on this thread one day otherwise I wouldn't be on either forum. Not really sure where the aggression is coming from

Last edited:

nush

Chill out, this is a community topic with source updates by the minute. A higher posting rate is to be expected from people who lived through it. First hand experience and all that.

Personally speaking, I got banned from GAF so I didn't have a choice. I talk about games elsewhere when I want to talk about them (not resetera) and until recently I wasn't even playing games that much anyway. I'm mainly here because I like the internet drama. I find it fascinating. I only came back to GAF because I stumbled on this thread one day otherwise I wouldn't be on either forum. Not really sure where the aggression is coming from
I know full well that I'm being an asshole but you're misreading me if you think this is aggression. After pages and pages of hugbox bullshit I needed to throw some reality into the crib. ERA is a cult, it always was a cult, and people who went to the cult got duped.

Sorry if that hurts any anonymous internet feelings and cred. 🤷‍♀️

Chill out, this is a community topic with source updates by the minute. A higher posting rate is to be expected from people who lived through it. First hand experience and all that.
Big group hug. At some point the deluded therapy session must end, though. 🥳

klosos

That's so fucking annoying. It's usually because a mod or one of the power posters uses it. Like for a while they were saying "y'all" as if they were a bunch of southern gentlemen.

Thank you am glad i am not the only one who's noticed that, it gets on my nerves more then it should

I know full well that I'm being an asshole but you're misreading me if you think this is aggression. After pages and pages of hugbox bullshit I needed to throw some reality into the crib. ERA is a cult, it always was a cult, and people who went to the cult got duped.

I think the evidence against that are the polls that used to show up fairly regularly that demonstrated that something like 75% of the userbase are not on board with the crazy train. But you don't see those people in contentious threads. They either just lurk or only post in benign threads. I've had PMs from multiple people who say they just avoid all the nonsense. The threads we look at in here, the ones with all the nutter stuff in, the only people posting there are the people who have joined the cult. Or the people who haven't and get banned.

The change we are seeing now is that the crazies have beachheads in the DMZ. They know that a large slice of the userbase doesn't agree or doesn't care and won't engage and it infuriates them so they are trying to force them into taking a position whether they like it or not. Like what happened with Black Chamber. Not a cult member but backed into a corner.

Last edited:
I think the evidence against that are the polls that used to show up fairly regularly that demonstrated that something like 75% of the userbase are not on board with the crazy train. But you don't see those people in contentious threads. They either just lurk or only post in benign threads. I've had PMs from multiple people who say they just avoid all the nonsense. The threads we look at in here, the ones with all the nutter stuff in, the only people posting there are the people who have joined the cult. Or the people who haven't and get banned.
I see those polls differently: 75% of people see something that disturbs them but are so attached to their fictional, anonymous videogame forum persona that they don't pack up for better conversation and community elsewhere. 75% of people thought that voting their disapproval in a forum poll was going to improve the community or discourage the craziness.

"I was just in the lobby of the cult, and gee golly wilickers I always voted against that craziness in the polls. No clue why ERA continued its downward slide". *siiiiips the free coffee*

The change we are seeing now is that the crazies have beachheads in the DMZ. They know that a large slice of the userbase doesn't agree or doesn't care but won't engage so they are trying to force them into taking a position.
Those beachheads have existed for awhile, they just had better camouflage thrown over them. You're correct: the C2077 drama is a full blown assault on the gaming community, forcing them to bend the knee for non-gaming reasons.

The inconsistent usage of banning for "cross site drama" is one obvious beachhead from the beginning. The other would be banning talk against developers and journos, which was also there from the start and served as a lure for vERAfied PR mouthpieces. Another would be making excuses for doxxing even though their website terms of service prohibit it. ERA crazies have always had "beachheeads in the DMZ" because the forum was founded by crazies.

Chittagong

Gold Member

Sorry if that hurts any anonymous internet feelings and cred. 🤷‍♀️

Big group hug. At some point the deluded therapy session must end, though. 🥳

I mean, I was duped for a year. Followed the communtity, I was annoyed by the 15-17 moderation here anyway so I didn’t really litigate the move, accusations or motivations at all. Just figured it was a chance to escape the madness

It took a year for me to see that the specific kind of madness I wanted to escape was actually accelerated, not left behind. I tried to lay low and be careful for a bit, but then I figured what’s the point being there if it’s not entertaining.

So I decided to just abandon my account, and come back here. I think there were about 100 members online simultaneously then.

I would suspect I’m not a special snowflake. People went there in hope for better times, didn’t do their homework, became accustomed to it, until enough was enough.

I mean, I was duped for a year. Followed the communtity, I was annoyed by the 15-17 moderation here anyway so I didn’t really litigate the move, accusations or motivations at all. Just figured it was a chance to escape the madness

It took a year for me to see that the specific kind of madness I wanted to escape was actually accelerated, not left behind. I tried to lay low and be careful for a bit, but then I figured what’s the point being there if it’s not entertaining.

So I decided to just abandon my account, and come back here. I think there were about 100 members online simultaneously then.

I would suspect I’m not a special snowflake. People went there in hope for better times, didn’t do their homework, became accustomed to it, until enough was enough.
Yep, a lot of people got duped for various reasons.

I'm not calling anyone stupid for getting tricked, but how someone responds to being duped says a lot about their character. I'm simply engaging in observation of the latter. This thread has been a good resource for that process of observation over the months/years as GAF has built itself back up. it's important to know how/why the site collapsed, how/why the site rebuilt, and how/why it will keep itself on the rails moving forward.

yoda_swsb2yjik.png

Slick, you think you are. But slick, you are not. Slickness leads to y'alling. Y'alling leads to susness. Susness is the path to the dark side.
Several people have copped bans for staying on topic in threads that the usual suspects were trying to derail. Usually accompanied with them screeching "YOU AIN'T SLICK!" at all and sundry and hammering the report button.

For example, someone might (hypothetically, mind) enter a thread talking about how Ion Maiden is getting a physical release. That someone might enthusiastically declare "Oh, wow! Ion Maiden is one of the best games of last year. I am so looking forward to the DLC being released next year! Did you know the people from the Nuke Nukem Forever 2001 Duke 3D mod team are working on it?"

And they'll cop a ban because they were supposed to remove 729 users from their mute list to "read the room" before posting.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
I don't read rooms. I'm more of the Larry David type. This also counts towards why I think NeoGAF is pretty, pretty good: It's now sort of a recursive spite message board. Like, it was there; and then a spite message board was made; and the original board became the spite message board for the spite message board of itself. Infinite spite.

I don't read rooms. I'm more of the Larry David type. This also counts towards why I think NeoGAF is pretty, pretty good: It's now sort of a recursive spite message board. Like, it was there; and then a spite message board was made; and the original board became the spite message board for the spite message board of itself. Infinite spite.
GAF > internet > GAF

Dunki

I knew when I saw that line Resetera were going to take it out of context and lose their shit.

I fully believe CDPR using the specific "Not every cop's a bastard" line was probably done purely to rile up the kind of people who would get angry about it on era. But the conversation in context is pretty different.

It's during a side quest where you're helping someone who is portrayed as possibly the only non corrupt cop in Night city try and find a kidnapped child, Johnny Silverhand is ripping on you helping him because he's a cop and that's what V replies

V: ...."Well I suppose not" or "I guess you're right" or something along those lines.
These people have no idea how you set up a world. How falvor text of Descriptions for cars, groups etc are written in the style of the world and not what reality they think it is in Real life.

I can't believe Incident Manager H Hobbess is a gold member already.

How does ResetEra feel about this heelturn?

They probably think H Hobbess duped them and that he was a nathzee from the beginning, just like Black Chamber Black Chamber . :messenger_tears_of_joy:

They must be mad for sure. H Hobbess grew to be Resetera mascot, wether they liked it or not. That's probably why he was immune to permaban.

Nu GAF is a redemtion story and the path to redemtion. No need to throw broken glass on it to make it harder for those that want to walk it.

It's important to differentiate between the people who are the victim of Resetera atmosphere (85%) and the people who are actively making it the worst place on internet (15%). I'd welcome the 85% with open arms, but the others 15% can get fucked.

Excelsiersef, Red Mercury, Kyuuji and the likes are the doom of any places they touch. There is no redemption for them, you can't change their natures and you should ban them into oblivion. I'd also be warry about any Nintendo zealots that are close to those Media Creates thread. Regardless of what you think of Nintendo (I love Nintendo games), those people turns every Nintendo thread into a nightmare to browse and it gets progressively worse with the time. Those people can't be helped.

CAB_Life

I'm still not clear on what caused the recent exodus from REEEEE other than people waking up to what a narcissistic, deranged and totalitarian shithole it is. I'd rather most of them don't migrate to be honest. People with minds that weak and easily influenced will only pollute a space free for critical debate by incensing and reverting to their tribalistic tendencies. Stick to the echo chambers of Twitter, please and thanks.

In the last year alone, I can think of at least a dozen exchanges on this board, where a member--or members--and I started at a point of contention and ended up either at a point of contented, thoughtful disgreement or even amiability. You'd be banned after the first contentious comment on REEEEE. And anyone who condoned that nonsense in the first place doesn't deserve a safe harbour here. Go fuck yourself. Sorry, not sorry.

Trickster

The way that ERA handles context wary so much from case to case. For some games, context matters, for others it doesn't. Same thing for members, for some members posts, the context matters, and for others it doesn't.

It's part of why so many people feel like they have to walk on eggshells for fear of being banned when posting there, especially when you're not a well known member. Phrase one sentence on a social issue that ERA cares a lot about poorly and you're very likely to get banned. It won't matter if you spend the last year going "fuck transphobes" "fuck bigots" "fuck racists" "black lives matter" across dozens of threads. That context will just be completely ignored when you're a random member.

Screenshot-2020-12-16-135205.jpg

Sorry guys, The police being completely corrupt to their core in Night City is actually a pro-cop position.

Man, any teacher would be proud to have students able to read so much into hidden meaning that isn't actually there

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Most of that stuff never leaked into Gaming side, so many of the less militant, raving members of the community didn't even know what was happening. This latest pandering round has had a wider impact. Even if you have no interest in Cyberpunk (like myself, I don't think CDPR know how to make a good video game), a lot of people have decided it's time to either speak up or bail out because it's certainly not going to stop with Cyberpunk.

Yup. Everyone knew off-topic section was batshit insane back in the days, and much like Era of today, had to walk on eggshells because the ban hammer was strong. But gaming side kept being the gaming focused forum for the most part.

ManaByte

Yup. Everyone knew off-topic section was batshit insane back in the days, and much like Era of today, had to walk on eggshells because the ban hammer was strong. But gaming side kept being the gaming focused forum for the most part.

True, up until GamerGate and when Nintendo fired a hooker who worked in the Treehouse and the mods wouldn't allow people to mention that little detail of her firing, only that she was fired for being harassed by GOOBERGATER trolls online and not for turning tricks on the side using a Nintendo-themed hooker name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom