• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They really do think "ACAB" is the majority opinion outside of their bubble.
They may be horrified to learn that ACAB is banned in Germany because of it skinhead roots and is classified by the Anti Defamation League as a hate symbol.

Just kidding. I know the part of their brain that handles cognitive dissonance is nothing but a lump of scar tissue.

pUiqEnN.png

Toxic overreactions like these are fine tho...

Because 'chavs' love the fucking bizzies don't they?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I don't read rooms. I'm more of the Larry David type. This also counts towards why I think NeoGAF is pretty, pretty good: It's now sort of a recursive spite message board. Like, it was there; and then a spite message board was made; and the original board became the spite message board for the spite message board of itself. Infinite spite.

"Urinators welcome, defecators go to ResetEra" has a ring to it

Codiox

Old school GAFer here, holy shit I never knew what a shit hole era have become. I just got permanently banned because I said the following:

"Do you guys really say and think that all cops are bastards? My best friend is a cop and he is one of the best people I have ever met in my entire life."

Then I got a lot of ACAB messages and then I said

"This forum has totally lost its way...im out."

And boom. Fuck that place, seriously.

Old school GAFer here, holy shit I never knew what a shit hole era have become. I just got permanently banned because I said the following:

"Do you guys really say and think that all cops are bastards? My best friend is a cop and he is one of the best people I have ever met in my entire life."

The ACAB shit is ultimately what drove me away from there earlier in the year as well. It's an absolutely rotten viewpoint, but that's the mainstream position on there, shared by staff and userbase alike.

giphy.gif

cyen

It's totally out of control, the forum is run by silly trans kids atm.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
The latest bans reported are totally crazy and unjustified, it's incredible how they use that useless mod power for such lowly deeds. I just wish their life is better outside of Era or else even as a not-believer as I am, I might pray tonight for their lost souls. Amen.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Welcome back, Codiox. Those people don't live in the real world.

I'm still not clear on what caused the recent exodus from REEEEE other than people waking up to what a narcissistic, deranged and totalitarian shithole it is. I'd rather most of them don't migrate to be honest. People with minds that weak and easily influenced will only pollute a space free for critical debate by incensing and reverting to their tribalistic tendencies. Stick to the echo chambers of Twitter, please and thanks.

You really have not been paying attention. Resetera says this site is filled with nazi white supremacists. To even decide to join up and stay here, you already have to be someone who hasn't drunk the koolaid.

The people who come here have either barely been posting for quite a while, or have just tried to put all the lunatics on ignore and talk about games. It's not like having to walk on eggshells and dodge around insane trans activism and socjus activism is anything unique to resetera - people are already obliiged to do it on tumblr, reddit, and twitter, and it's starting to bleed into instagram and facebook too. People are used to having to put up with it and thought they could manage it on resetera too, until it absolutely stifled discussion of a game. It's never been this bad, comparing it to previous reeeing about A Hat in Time or Kingdom Come: Deliverance. As long as you refused to take the bait, you wouldn't get banned then.

Don't act like resetefugees ones likely to pollute this space. Someone gilded Hobbes' post where he deigned to descend from his moral high horse to defend resetera's batshiitery, which was either a joke or a pathetic effort to make neogaf seem reasonable and kind. You're more likely damage the forum from the inside, by eagerly bending over backwards and policing each other to prove the haters wrong.

I'll be honest, I enjoyed Era and I enjoyed the fact that it constantly highlighted social issues within video games and explored those topics in depth. I still fully support many of the Era communities that are marginalized and highlighted those issues for discussions.

Viewing video games through a critical lens and being able to put a spot light down so many different avenues of interest and how they tie back into the real world, etc. adds a layer of enjoyment that just doesn't seem to be there when you look at video games through these child-like goggles that so many people do and who only consume them at face value. If that makes any sense?
You act like there's no discussion to be had about a game except social issues. That's merely one lens through which to analyze media. There's plenty of adult conversations to be had about all media that have a lot more depth than "is this a racist hat? That's a yikes from me dawg! Oof!"

By the way, by resetera's rules you're a nazi now because you posted here, crime by association. But I suppose to you, your reputation is a small sacrfice to make if it helps elevate marginalized folx. Which surely it must or resetera wouldn't act this way... right?

teezzy

Banned

The left have a way of coining fashionable phrases which don't actually mean what they say.

Ostensibly, according to their logic, not all lives matter, yet all cops are bastards. They could just cut the crap and admit that racism is bad. I don't think the majority of Republicans would disagree with that either.

RNK

You really have not been paying attention. Resetera says this site is filled with nazi white supremacists. To even decide to join up and stay here, you already have to be someone who hasn't drunk the koolaid.

The people who come here have either barely been posting for quite a while, or have just tried to put all the lunatics on ignore and talk about games. It's not like having to walk on eggshells and dodge around insane trans activism and socjus activism is anything unique to resetera - people are already obliiged to do it on tumblr, reddit, and twitter, and it's starting to bleed into instagram and facebook too. People are used to having to put up with it and thought they could manage it on resetera too, until it absolutely stifled discussion of a game. It's never been this bad, comparing it to previous reeeing about A Hat in Time or Kingdom Come: Deliverance. As long as you refused to take the bait, you wouldn't get banned then.

Don't act like resetefugees ones likely to pollute this space. Someone gilded Hobbes' post where he deigned to descend from his moral high horse to defend resetera's batshiitery, which was either a joke or a pathetic effort to make neogaf seem reasonable and kind. You're more likely damage the forum from the inside, by eagerly bending over backwards and policing each other to prove the haters wrong.

You act like there's no discussion to be had about a game except social issues. That's merely one lens through which to analyze media. There's plenty of adult conversations to be had about all media that have a lot more depth than "is this a racist hat? That's a yikes from me dawg! Oof!"

By the way, by resetera's rules you're a nazi now because you posted here, crime by association. But I suppose to you, your reputation is a small sacrfice to make if it helps elevate marginalized folx. Which surely it must or resetera wouldn't act this way... right?
There's plenty to discuss here, just not with people who share your exact opinions and beliefs. Why anything else is Nazi-ism of course, and we can't associate with THOSE people after all.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
I'm not forgetting it at all. Which is why I cannot fathom why people followed that exact ideology over to ERA.

Or did I miss the early ERA threads where they said "finally! We can talk openly about what happened with Gamergate"?

See above. The notion that ERA started off sane and slowly went off the rails is self-delusion.

I'm not sure what you are expecting out of me here. For the longest time this place was/is and also Resetera, an accumulation of gaming news feed that saves me the time to go through 50+ websites. After the exodus, Resetera simply had more discussions/news feed than here and i subscribed. I did not leave this place while saying shit to EviLore nor did i request a ban like so many peoples did, that was all too fucking dramatic for me, i simply focused my attention elsewhere for a more robust gaming feed of news.
That elsewhere now cannot even have a civil discussion about games, even thought about banning certain OTs, and has driven out Digital Foundry because they like a few retro like FPS games which somehow. It's poisoned the news feed. So i'm focusing my attention back to this place. On top of that, there's more increased activity on this forum since 2017's exodus so the news feed is decent.

Is there anything else to say really? I'm not saying it's like that for everyone, as some did leave the place while also partipating in setting off the powder keg, but i'm not in that basket.

teezzy

Banned
Isn’t using ‘bastard’ as a derogatory term problematic towards the millions of illegitimate children in the world?

6f2a1dc2683a4f2abe00750f67cd6b5b.gif

There's plenty to discuss here, just not with people who share your exact opinions and beliefs. Why anything else is Nazi-ism of course, and we can't associate with THOSE people after all.

Yes, that's the major difference between Resetera and Neogaf currently.

On Resetera, you're allowed to post drive-by takes on a game if they're based on social issues. Mods will make sure you're never expected to defend your position.

On Neogaf, mods won't protect your drive-bys posts.

RNK

On a side note. I'd love to know how many of those people would quit their high paying job(assuming that could converse in the real world well enough to have one), the only career their suited for, if they disagreed with the policies. A good friend of mine was a Sheriff, and a lesbian(GASP) and is one of the coolest most badass people I know. Are there problems with some police officers? Yes. Does that make the majority of them "basterds"? Absolutely not.

Being a police officer is a damn hard job, and for some people, the only time they respect the police are when they need them. I sincerely hope that when these assholes do end up needing them, they are nowhere to be found.

I'm not sure what you are expecting out of me here. For the longest time this place was/is and also Resetera, an accumulation of gaming news feed that saves me the time to go through 50+ websites. After the exodus, Resetera simply had more discussions/news feed than here and i subscribed. I did not leave this place while saying shit to EviLore nor did i request a ban like so many peoples did, that was all too fucking dramatic for me, i simply focused my attention elsewhere for a more robust gaming feed of news.
That elsewhere now cannot even have a civil discussion about games, even thought about banning certain OTs, and has driven out Digital Foundry because they like a few retro like FPS games which somehow. It's poisoned the news feed. So i'm focusing my attention back to this place. On top of that, there's more increased activity on this forum since 2017's exodus so the news feed is decent.

Is there anything else to say really? I'm not saying it's like that for everyone, as some did leave the place while also partipating in setting off the powder keg, but i'm not in that basket.
Don't feel obligated to prove anything to me. People like yourself who washed their hands of a community because news picked up elsewhere led to the situation where -- as you put it -- "elsewhere now cannot even have a civil discussion about games". The latter follows the former. Welcome back and hopefully pay closer attention to who is causing things to become "too fucking dramatic" so that the site doesn't have to be rebuilt yet again.

Codiox

Christ these people....

qzTRpeJ.jpg
Yeah that stuff gave me the rest. Wtf is this.

It's crazy, couple of weeks ago I thought "man, I really am not up to date anymore because I don't understand all this Trans-stuff and why everyone is always asap offended." but it just wasn't me, that place really got crazy. Only figured all that stuff out yesterday because I noticed that Black Chamber Black Chamber got banned. He was the one with the most amazing threads for cyberpunk there, really enjoyed all of the topics he made.

Also hello Black Chamber Black Chamber !

The left have a way of coining fashionable phrases which don't actually mean what they say.

Ostensibly, according to their logic, not all lives matter, yet all cops are bastards. They could just cut the crap and admit that racism is bad. I don't think the majority of Republicans would disagree with that either.
Radical leftists: "The protests are mostly peaceful."
Reasonable person: "Police officers are mostly good."
Radical leftists:
Capture.jpg

teezzy

Banned
My cousins' uncle on their father's side was a cop. He is now a she, and divorced (her?) wife to go be in a lesbian transgendered relationship and nobody has heard from them (?) since.

The wife looks hella depressed now and aged like 10 years, and the son gained legiterally like 80+ lbs and no longer attends family gatherings.

Pretty sure referring to that individual as a bastard though is akin to deadnaming though. Shame on Era.

dave_d

Radical leftists: "The protests are mostly peaceful."
Reasonable person: "Police officers are mostly good."
Radical leftists:
Capture.jpg
Seems to me that the only thing giving cops body cams did was demonstrate that most cops are normal and things can get very crazy very fast for them.(Admittedly I knew one dirt bag ex cop, he was our high school principal. He was a creep.)

Last edited:

I feel that the best analogy for that place is the movie "The Matrix":

ResetEra is "The Matrix" - in that you are lulled and controlled into dealing with their horrible tone policing, preachy sentiments, self-righteous insanity, hypocrisy and virtue signaling - and it sometimes feels normal as you just get used to it and try to enjoy yourself by doing your own thing in their "world"...but you always feel that something is wrong with that place. It's a world they want you to believe is how things really are or should be - it's the world they intentionally pull over your mind.

NeoGAF is the "Desert Of The Real" - in that once you leave ResetEra, you are free from the enslaving control of that forum; awakened and shown the truth about that place - how insanely pretentious and mind-boggling their views and opinions are, how the moderators/administrators play favorites and are completely inept, how protected members bully, harass and drive away the valued members [and are allowed to do so without repercussions] and how their "Terms Of Service" is allowed to be violated and broken on a whim, whenever the administration sees fit to do so in serving their own agenda; or how a protected member is allowed to bend it to serve theirs. Leaving there and coming here is like a short trip on the Nebuchadnezzar to Zion - the last forum where free speech is allowed, your political views aren't a bannable offense and you are allowed and encouraged to be excited about the things you like.

NeoGAF is Zion.

ResetEra is The Matrix.

So, which pill are you going to take?
j5S2pfE.gif

Thomish

What do you guys reckon? Did I deserve a permanent ban for this?

27658117d8af66160df6ab794532eaf28eac0559939ee53c203d1086d6be163b4cb68eee.jpg

Thread context:

Think it was posted here a few days ago.

For a forum that's supposedly inclusive they sure don't mind a little bit of Arab bashing?

PoundSand

Banned
Hey everyone,

I grasped the chance and chose this very iconic user name!

But really, I'm a long time lurker of all things NeoGAF/Resetera and the recent fallout over at ResetEra made me want to no longer keep quiet. I can so, so much understand why this thread exists, because it's so hard not to comment on all the insane stuff that keeps happening on that other forum. Back in the days when I was a kid at school, we'd have those 2-3 class clowns that would entertain the class with their idiotic mannerisms. Resetera is the reverse, a class of class clowns that's protected by 2-3 normal people who grant the whole group the image of legitimacy. But really, it's gotten really bad and I need to vent a bit. Sorry if this is about to become a very loaded first posting, hope it's ok:

I've followed the "CDPR are transphobic"-thread from page 1 to page now. The level of delusion and self-trickery is off the charts. To this day, these people weren't able to explain how a woman with a cybernetic dick in a cyberpunk world is supposed to be transphobic. A world where everybody freely modifies their bodies, thanks to the technology available. Minor non-story spoiler ahead: At the very beginning, V modifies his/her right hand, just for a single job, that's how normal and un-special body modifications are in the world of Cyberpunk 2077. In such world, one attactive woman chose to attach a dick to her own body and then work as a model, doing provocative advertisements. Is that in any way unrealistic or out-of-the-norm?! Look around in our current world, it's full of provocative, weird, freaky ads! If anything, a woman with a dick is too tame for the cyberpunk world in the year 2077. It really should have been a woman with 3 dicks ...

The real reason for why trans era hates CP2077 is because its world robs them of their victim status. In CP2077, trans people aren't special anymore. Because everyone is trans. Everyone modifies their body to their liking, body dysphoria is non-existent. Wanna look like a woman, even though you're biologically a man? No problem, just pay a ripper and within a day you'll have a womanly shape, perfect boobs, female facial structure and a matching voice. It's that easy. CP2077 actually is a trans utopia. But, again, it robs trans era of what they love so much: The privilege, the special status, their victim status. In CP2077, nobody gets to cry "I'm trans, be nice to me. PRONOUN!!1". No, in CP2077, people are people and do what they want, because they can. It's unfortunate that real trans people can't change themselves that easy, but it's also not a video game's fault nor responsibility to do anything about it.

It's actually gross how often resetera keeps demanding "representation!". Video games (usually) aren't about representation. They're about entertainment. About having fun. Doing what we can't do irl, because of lacking ability, chance or legality. I don't know if I'm the only one that saw that post, but they also complained that you can beat a guy in a wheel chair in CP2077. They also claim CP2077 promotes violence against women. Guess what they take no issue with at all? Violence against white, "able bodied" men. Those can be murdered in the hundreds and it doesn't matter. Not too surprising, there even was a "white people suck" posting yesterday in the same thread.

Why am I frustrated about all of this? Because ACTUAL trans people aren't crazy assholes like trans era is! I'll be honest: Following Resetera regularily makes me hate trans people, because it's just so asinine what bs these actual insane people spout and instead of somebody opposing them, they're being encouraged by their ilk. Today they posted a screenshot where Johnny from CP2077 simply says that not all cops are bad, and Resetera went full-outrage. WTF. Just WHAT.THE.FUCK?! It's a true statement, ffs. Not all cops are bad. I'm from Germany and police here is actually pretty awesome, recent right-leaning whatsapp groups being exposed withstanding. I feel safe around cops and I wouldn't wanna live in a world where I can't call 110 to receive help in dangerous situations. And here some US-centric crazies shit on a Polish developer for not presenting cops in a video game in their narrowminded, ignorant image. It is SO unfair and makes me furious.

Again: Trans era is not a representation of actual trans people. Talking about representation, huh, oh the irony. Trans era is the same kind of warped, perverted version of normal trans people, just like resetera feminists are a caricature of normal feminists. It's the most toxic, negative, unconstructive type of people. I can say wholeheartedly: I hate trans era. And I don't feel like I'm discriminating any minorities by doing so, because crazy assholes don't count as a minority.

So much for point #1. As for point #2 that frustrates me almost as much as the former, because I'm capable of empathy:

How little self-respect do these people have for themselves?! All this outrage, all this criticism towards Resetera's admins and mods, and now ... it just went "poof" and nothing of consequence happened. Trans era is THE butt of the joke. Nobody likes them, nobody cares about them even within Resetera. Although everyone agreed that CP2077 was transphobic, admins refused to ban the game from the website, obviously because the click revenue was too delicious to miss out on. If I put myself in the shoes of trans era (which is hard, admittedly): What enormous symbolic power would that have been, had Resetera banned THE biggest game of the year from being talked about. No matter how much I despise Resetera, it is THE most influential gaming community in the world, hundreds of developers and gaming journalists are registered there. Had Resetera banned CP2077, outside of the one thread about transphobia, this could actually have been a strong sign for the whole gaming industry. But Cerium and Co. chose not to. One day of thread-closure was all. Chances gone forever.

What's so sadly hilarious is how trans era just keeps preparing foul compromises for themselves to settle with, so they're freed from actual consequences. First they one-day thread closure was the compromise (they wanted the game banned, fullstop). Then they demand Black Chamber Black Chamber 's head, but the game still wasn't banned. Now they shit on admin poodlestrike or whatever his name is, even though it's ALL of the admins and mods that let the current situation happen. And then they're talking about Hogwarts Legacy. Like, nobody will care if Resetera bans a movie game. Nobody. CP2077 was a major event in gaming and its ban would have had symbolic impact, but admins blew it in favor of click revenue. And trans era is on the verge of calming down once again, settling for ... nothing. Once again, they're the butt of the joke. As always. But instead of taking the consequence from here and leaving Resetera, making their own community (it'd be as easy as creating their own sub-reddit, until a proper website is ready), they do NOTHING. They whine, and shout, and cry, and demand, and protest, and insult, and, and, and. But at the end of the day, they cowardly do nothing. Words are all they are, zero action. And that is too frustrating to observe.

My favorite moment, however, was when I saw in this thread here on NeoGAF that Kyuuji is happily, carefreely playing CP2077, posting screenshots in the game's thread. The same Kyuuji that acted as trans era's number one fighter. As I said before: Everyone hates trans era. Even some of trans era themselves.

Will trans era actually do something this time? Will they leave Resetera and start their own community? I'm sure they won't, because that'd require effort and actual values, both things they lack. And their weak fake-outrage is frustrating me to no end.

Phew, that's it for my first posting in here. I'm not sure how active I'll be, but I think I'll stay in this thread for now, as it feels so good to be able to vent a bit, let it all out. Thanks for the attention. :>

It took you less than two weeks to get approved. Back in the day I would do account approvals in six month intervals.

2 days for me, I feel blessed by the gods!

The irony is their mods act in the same exact way as the cops they claim to hate act. And when they do act this way, ERA members applaud it. They couldn't be a bigger bunch of hypocritical dipshits if they tried.

Dabaus

Banned
I’m keeping my word. Haven’t posted in o-so-long and don’t miss that cuck place for a second.
I read somewhere you put like 10,000 hours into devil may cry 2...is that true?

Just wanted to say this as well. Sony's Defense Force isn't exclusive to ERA.

Its a video games forum, sony is the market leader, of course most gamers will have a sony bias. Im not talking about rank and file gamers having their preferred company, im talking about the moderation staff at resetera goes out of their way to squash all negative opinion of Xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom