• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAB_Life

GAF's Sony bias is equally as blatant.

Speaking as a PC/Xbox guy, I'm proud to represent the outlier opinion in this community.

Oh the pendulum will swing back once MS starts cranking out their Bethesda/ 1st party wowzers. People are gamers here, first and foremost, so they'll follow and gravitate to the games.

And I echo what DunDunDunpachi DunDunDunpachi about welcoming back the "lost lambs". Their exodus contributed to the collapse and navel-gazing of the gaming media, so they're complicit in the SJW-woketarded mess in which we now find ourselves. I have no pity for any of these people. Not a drop. It's great that you want to "talk about games" now, and that you want to do that here. Maybe next time don't be such a brainless lemming and use the lump behind your eyes to critically assess the pros and cons of following an angry mob. Spolier alert: you almost always end up somewhere bad.

Way back when it lauched, I was on Resetera for all of five minutes, and read their (even at that time) insane manifesto and checked out soon after that. It's also strangely cultish that there was literally no way for you to cancel your account other than a multi-tiered emailing system or getting banned/ excommunicated from the cult. I don't know if that's changed, but that's a serious red flag.

Last edited:

ManaByte

my favorite is when these threads appear:

“ my 84 year old grandpa said some racist things”

replies: NEVER TALK TO HIM AGAIN!!!11! And skip his funeral !

Reminds me of the person on TikTok who was cancelled for talking about pushing a mattress on her sister and leaving her under it when her sister was a toddler and she was five.

Codiox

... Not all cops are bad. I'm from Germany and police here is actually pretty awesome, recent right-leaning whatsapp groups being exposed withstanding. I feel safe around cops and I wouldn't wanna live in a world where I can't call 110 to receive help in dangerous situations. And here some US-centric crazies shit on a Polish developer for not presenting cops in a video game in their narrowminded, ignorant image. It is SO unfair and makes me furious.

That was the whole reason I got perm banned today. I also live in Germany and my best friend is cop. But this is a crime on era it seems.

My favorite moment, however, was when I saw in this thread here on NeoGAF that Kyuuji is happily, carefreely playing CP2077, posting screenshots in the game's thread. The same Kyuuji that acted as trans era's number one fighter. As I said before: Everyone hates trans era. Even some of trans era themselves.

That was also the holy shit moment yesterday for me. The number one Trans warrior is playing and enjoying cyberpunk. I asked him/her/it whatever why he now plays the game but never got an answer.

Interfectum

Just wanted to say this as well. Sony's Defense Force isn't exclusive to ERA.

Sony fans are everywhere because PlayStation is the console of choice for most people. So what you see as bias is basically reality. People gravitate and want to discuss the platform they bought and own. If you want to find a 'safe haven' for xclowns I'm sure there's a subreddit or 'xboxera' site to huddle in.

teezzy

Banned
Sony fans are everywhere because PlayStation is the console of choice for most people. So what you see as bias is basically reality. People gravitate and want to discuss the platform they bought and own. If you want to find a 'safe haven' for xclowns I'm sure there's a subreddit or 'xboxera' site to huddle in.

Interfectum

Oh my...

tenor.gif

Yeah, I don't buy that this site has any intrinsic bias other than than the normal marketshare differences that exist.

And if someone is a Sony fan, or Xbox fan, or PC fan....and you aren't.....why does that matter? Are your feelings somehow hurt because someone is enjoying a product that you aren't? I see very little in the way of "toxic" gaming hostility. Some heated discussion? Sure, but I don't see why that should be prohibited.

On REEE, if you said anything that would piss off any gaming community thread there (whether it be a Sony or Xbox focused topic), the mob would immediately mass-report you and you would get banned. SlimySnake SlimySnake can vouch on this. He's a Sony fan but got banned by SonyERA because he made some minor remarks criticizing Sony.

Although, sadly, I am seeing some similar treatment occurring here that occurs on ERA. Not nearly to the same degree, but it seems the report button gets a little to widely accepted as a means of moderation when people get upset over opinions.

Last edited:

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I really don't understand why people offending police are not banned considering how generic and unneeded is. Specially when you offend family members of users. How is this even allowed and justified by both mods and community? It's a double standard and no one raises questions?

Last edited:
Christ these people....

qzTRpeJ.jpg

I went to the thread because I was morbidly curious if a single fucking person would come to the guy's defence, but nope. Just fucking spamming ACAB ACAB ACAB over and over again, as if typing that makes you virtuous.

Imagine unironically posting that someone's friend/relative is a "bastard", for no other reason than their profession, taking joy in rubbing that in, and not only nor being warned/banned/scolded for it, but cheered on by literally everyone in the thread, including mods and admins, with the victim being incessantly mocked then banned.

What a vile, nasty place.

TransEra, the Very Oppressed(R) group, am I rite? That thread is the epitome of cruelty, mean-spiritedness, and overall complete ugliness of character.

Last edited:

Balboa

Have they ever bothered to explain why their life or death fight with CDPR seems to exclusively involve laying siege to a small gaming forum that has no affiliation to the company whatsoever? When are they gonna start protesting infront of their offices? It's almost like these people are full of shiiiiiiiit

Ionian

There used to be an ex-cop on there that gave perspectives from his time working.

I haven't seen him in a long time though, was either banned or thought better of posting.

I don't remember seeing any abuse against him but this is going back a while, had a Mario avatar.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yeah, I don't buy that this site has any intrinsic bias other than than the normal marketshare differences that exist.

And if someone is a Sony fan, or Xbox fan, or PC fan....and you aren't.....why does that matter? Are your feelings somehow hurt because someone is enjoying a product that you aren't? I see very little in the way of "toxic" gaming hostility. Some heated discussion? Sure, but I don't see why that should be prohibited.

On REEE, if you said anything that would piss off any gaming community thread there (whether it be a Sony or Xbox focused topic), the mob would immediately mass-report you and you would get banned. SlimySnake SlimySnake can vouch on this. He's a Sony fan but got banned by SonyERA because he made some minor remarks criticizing Sony.
Yeah, the mods are so easily manipulated there by fans of all consoles. Even PC fans get butthurt so easily over there it's bizarre that grown ups are unable to take a joke or two. There are no joksters left on that site. Everyone got banned for trolling just because they made fun of companies. Era thinks we are discussing the holocaust or something. No jokes allowed.

I remember this hilarious staff post in the official Playstation and Xbox First Party OTs warning users NOT to say anything bad about Sony and Microsoft in their respective threads because people were getting butthurt in the other threads. I thought to myself why are Xbox fans even in the Sony thread? Just mind your own business. Who cares if someone is taking pot shots at Microsoft or Sony in a completely different thread? How does that trigger you?

It started here btw with Nintendo gaf. One of the most vicious fanbases i'd seen at the time. You were not allowed to say Zelda BOTW isnt the greatest game of all time. I laughed at a guy who said Arms looked as good as Horizon and Uncharted 4, my notifications blew up and i was banned for like two months.

Has anyone ever admitted to being a cop and not just being related to one?
I told in one thread my friend was a cop which he is. And their claim of all police are racist is false. He is a guy born and raised in Bangladesh like me. He is no where racist and if anything one of the nicest person i know. He is also muslim like me. Needless to say they kept insisting he is racist. I actually now have 3 friends that are cops and none of them are racist. I remember one poster said doesnt matter what your background is if your a cop then your racist. Which is atleast from my experience not true at all. BTW all my friends are in NYPD. One of them is a sergeant. Nicest hardworking people i know who are just providing for their family.

Last edited:
It would be hilarious if someone did a poll about what people on Era think about the pedo accusations, since Era won't allow a single discussion on it.

SlimySnake

What a vile, nasty place.
I think this is a very astute assessment of the place. it's not just about Trans era, or Sony era or Liberal era. They are all incredibly vicious and lack empathy. I still remember that mod who egged on Etika to kill himself. It was clear that Etika had been suicidal for months at that point and was openly acting erratic but they seized on him saying anti gay slurs.

The weird thing is like half of era is suffering from depression, mental health issues and suicide threads are a norm there, and yet they are sick cunts who treat each other as disposable. They turn on mods, turn on their so called minority members and viciously gang up on them until they are banned for the most minor infractions.

I would love to have a therapist just monitor that forum for a few days. I have been posting on forums since 2000 or 2001 and I dont think ive seen a more vile userbase. They get off on hurting people.

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

It would be hilarious if someone did a poll about what people on Era think about the pedo accusations, since Era won't allow a single discussion on it.
While Resetera needs to deal with any pedo shit and ties are running in the background, I myself am not a fan of tossing pedophilia around just for the lulz. Any thread on it would be pretty much useless no matter where it is. There it would be locked and nuked before you could blink, and here it would just be a clusterfuck of "ha ha re sucks" "REEEEEEE" "lolz you bought your wife" but nothing remotely tangible would come from it other than, what in my opinion would be a bad look.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Apologies for the quote bomb but I just have to say... I’ve been over on ResetEra for a while and even though I’m LGBT, I never felt like I fit in in any LGBT “spaces”, because they were always too extreme, too politically correct etc for me and I’ve never liked it at all, I don’t believe in censorship.

I saw this place mentioned a few times and it made me think that it would be some alt right place where LGBT people are constantly mocked and abused - that’s what Era would have you believe. Coming here now after what transpired and immediately seeing this defence for an overgeneralisation of LGBT people like me, who aren’t like those on ERA, it really warmed my heart, to the point I shed a tear. Thank you to all of you, for showing me that people do realise that not all LGBT people are like those on Era.

Welcome to Neogaf - or the "Meeting of anonymous ex-resetera member" ;)

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I told in one thread my friend was a cop which he is. And their claim of all police are racist is false. He is a guy born and raised in Bangladesh like me. He is no where racist and if anything one of the nicest person i know. He is also muslim like me. Needless to say they kept insisting he is racist. I actually now have 3 friends that are cops and none of them are racist. I remember one poster said doesnt matter what your background is if your a cop then your racist. Which is atleast from my experience not true at all. BTW all my friends are in NYPD. One of them is a sergeant. Nicest hardworking people i know who are just providing for their family.
Of course it's false. It's so absurd it's honestly not even worth trying to defend. It's no more idiotic than saying all white people have brown hair.

These people are mentally ill, are impressionable, misguided, and most likely have never had a single interaction with a cop in their lives.

Last edited:
The Sony bias on here and other forums is simply because there are more PlayStation consoles under people’s tvs than Xbox’s

Much better to have both boxes as a gamer as we are gonna have a cracking generation once they start pumping out the games

Tuff McNutt

I would love to have a therapist just monitor that forum for a few days. I have been posting on forums since 2000 or 2001 and I dont think ive seen a more vile userbase. They get off on hurting people.

I've been on forums since the days of 2600 baud BBS's back in the 80's. Era is the most miserable bunch of people I've ever come across. I've been to suicide forums that were more fun.

This of course doesn't apply to everyone on Era, but you will see commonalities between a lot of them, especially the "power posters". They will have usually several of these traits:

• Unemployed or on assistance. If they are employed, it is some shit job like retail, call center, level 1 IT, etc.
  • No (or very few) IRL friends. Even on social media, they have few friends/connections. Era is their only social outlet.
  • No romantic partners, regardless of gender, sexuality, etc. Many are not even just virgins, they are people that have never kissed someone or been on a date -- or even talked to someone they are interested in.
  • Sexual hangups -- either ultra-sexualized/into "deviant" acts or a total prude. There are a LOT of Era users who have skeletons in the closet, PedoEra being the most notable.
  • Estranged from their family. Ironic as many are totally dependent on them.
  • Have some sort of mental health issue. Note that I do not consider this a bad thing, I have them myself. But many Era assholes are self-diagnosed and are seeking no help for the issues, then they use it as an excuse for their shitty behavior.
  • In poor physical shape and/or still dress like 12 year old slobs.
  • Poor hygiene (they have to ask how often to shower).
  • Lack basic life skills like being able to cook, clean, etc.
  • No financial knowledge; constantly complain about being "poor" but are paying $1000 for an iPhone.
  • No common sense/real world experience; fall for scams very easily.
  • Have a sense of entitlement (I.e., my opinion is always right, anyone who disagrees is a Nazi).
  • No social skills, even minor things like interacting with salespeople/cashiers will send them into a panic.
So their lives are shit but they have no other outlet except for Era, and they will defend it with cult-like behavior. It will get even worse there now that the Trump boogeyman is gone, so they will need their outrage rush somewhere else.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I read somewhere you put like 10,000 hours into devil may cry 2...is that true?

Its a video games forum, sony is the market leader, of course most gamers will have a sony bias. Im not talking about rank and file gamers having their preferred company, im talking about the moderation staff at resetera goes out of their way to squash all negative opinion of Xbox.
It was only a few thousand hours, not 10,000 lol...

From what I've experienced from that place, it's shocking just exactly what they do believe.

They love to spread the persistent lies of "NeoGAF is a racist trumper-town, filled with transphobes and nazis" - they have this obsession with creating completely false narratives about this place in the hopes that members won't join up here...and see just how deranged a place that ResetEra actually is.

That is really all it boils down to. I've seen more hate, racism and bigotry on ResetEra than on 4Chan.

Facts💯
Yep, I fell for that 100%. I migrated over there because I wanted to talk games and it just devolved into a mess imo. The overmoderation always bugged me, but it never actually impacted me until I made an innocuous comment and got a warning. I was shocked. Getting a warning on a website should be something to laugh at, but it legit pissed me off. Today I discovered that mod-shitting on thread by accident and got my second warning so I'm done.

Honestly, if NeoGAF actually is a racist, trumper-town filled with transphobes and nazis I won't be back for long, but I haven't seen it yet.

teezzy

Banned
Yep, I fell for that 100%. I migrated over there because I wanted to talk games and it just devolved into a mess imo. The overmoderation always bugged me, but it never actually impacted me until I made an innocuous comment and got a warning. I was shocked. Getting a warning on a website should be something to laugh at, but it legit pissed me off. Today I discovered that mod-shitting on thread by accident and got my second warning so I'm done.

Honestly, if NeoGAF actually is a racist, trumper-town filled with transphobes and nazis I won't be back for long, but I haven't seen it yet.

Dont worry, I take my Klan robe off whenever I post here.

You just haven’t upgraded to GAF Gold. It comes with the White Power sub forum and a 10% discount at Cracker Barrel.*

*Breakfast menu only

NickFire

Think about the people who promote that narrative. Just think about it for one second, and you should be able to figure out just how ridiculous it is.

SlimySnake

I've been on forums since the days of 2600 baud BBS's back in the 80's. Era is the most miserable bunch of people I've ever come across. I've been to suicide forums that were more fun.

This of course doesn't apply to everyone on Era, but you will see commonalities between a lot of them, especially the "power posters". They will have usually several of these traits:

• Unemployed or on assistance. If they are employed, it is some shit job like retail, call center, level 1 IT, etc.
  • No (or very few) IRL friends. Even on social media, they have few friends/connections. Era is their only social outlet.
  • No romantic partners, regardless of gender, sexuality, etc. Many are not even just virgins, they are people that have never kissed someone or been on a date -- or even talked to someone they are interested in.
  • Sexual hangups -- either ultra-sexualized/into "deviant" acts or a total prude. There are a LOT of Era users who have skeletons in the closet, PedoEra being the most notable.
  • Estranged from their family. Ironic as many are totally dependent on them.
  • Have some sort of mental health issue. Note that I do not consider this a bad thing, I have them myself. But many Era assholes are self-diagnosed and are seeking no help for the issues, then they use it as an excuse for their shitty behavior.
  • In poor physical shape and/or still dress like 12 year old slobs.
  • Poor hygiene (they have to ask how often to shower).
  • Lack basic life skills like being able to cook, clean, etc.
  • No financial knowledge; constantly complain about being "poor" but are paying $1000 for an iPhone.
  • No common sense/real world experience; fall for scams very easily.
  • Have a sense of entitlement (I.e., my opinion is always right, anyone who disagrees is a Nazi).
  • No social skills, even minor things like interacting with salespeople/cashiers will send them into a panic.
So their lives are shit but they have no other outlet except for Era, and they will defend it with cult-like behavior. It will get even worse there now that the Trump boogeyman is gone, so they will need their outrage rush somewhere else.
Yeah, I have noticed this too. Usually every forum should have these people, but the mods have let them hijack the forum. I say the majority of people on the forum arent complete assholes. every online game community I was part of on era, Destiny, Battlefield, Anthem were all normal people who always made fun of era in party chat and some straight up despised posting there.

Really hope Gaf avoids falling for the outrage squad. Some miserable people just want everyone to be miserable.

Xbox Era is ok in my book.
oh no way. they are just as bad. I once made a joke about some guy buying his son an xbox series S for christmas and they all pretended as if I had personally insulted the guy's son.

All I said was "Why do you hate your child?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom