• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayhan

H Hobbess , welcome home.

Stay awhile. Stay forever AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How do you feel about ResetEra not wanting you around anymore? Was it fair?

Last edited:

cr0w

Old Member
Lets be fair here - It's not just on Era.

And the reason is that I'm fucking stupid like 90% of the time I'm awake. I probably need to be medicated.

Nah being fair, I think Era influenced you in ways that probably weren’t healthy. You don’t just randomly become reasonable outside of one place without that place being the actual problem. You don’t seem to be an absolute danger to society like Messofanego.

Kayhan

The ResetEra moderators are being made to look like some weak ass punk bitches.

Look at this:

ShironRedShift said:
I, IN NO UNCERTAIN WORDS, DO NOT CONDONE CALLING THE STAFF TRANSPHOBIC/SEXIST/RACIST/ETC. I CONDONE THAT IN NO WAY WHATSOEVER.

...But I understand that.

So you are calling them exactly that but you are trying to see if you can get away with calling the moderators transphobic, sexist and racist. Over and over again.

And he keeps repeating that ad nauseam in post after post without the moderation team manning the fuck up and just banning his trolling ass.

And he keeps backseat moderating and calling for banning of specific users that he calls out by name. It is almost unbelievable they can't see through his bullshit.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Son of a bitch has me on ignore, probably because I once edited his Twitter profile pic to make it look like he was about to suck on two big black dildos.

I take back the one nice thing about him.

Hobbess

Banned
I hope that you can recognize that it is valid that I see it in this way💯

I do! And I have no ill will towards you either.

It would be a much better discussion if you were to make your own points rather than playing Yu Gi Oh with weblinks until someone finds the winning link or you each get bored.

That's a valid call out, but I'm lazy as fuck. I'll own that.

Nah being fair, I think Era influenced you in ways that probably weren’t healthy. You don’t just randomly become reasonable outside of one place without that place being the actual problem. You don’t seem to be an absolute danger to society like Messofanego.

Probably an accurate assessment! I wouldn't disagree with the point that it wasn't healthy.

Ok H Hobbess i just realized you were the incident manager. You seem nice enough to know the real reason NeoGAF exists.

Have you heard of Juan Soto yet?

I am guessing you have as he is a world famous professional athlete, a World Series Champion, and the one who hit the time traveling home run.

InsignificantRepulsiveDuckbillplatypus-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Gonna briefly return to answer some questions, as I've just finished a research paper and want to take a break! (whoever gifted me gold member or whatever... why?)

I disagree with this take. In Eric Barker's Barking of the Wrong Tree he discusses this wonderful idea from philosopher Daniel Dennett called the "war metaphor," where basically every conversation isn't a sharing of knowledge but a battle with a winner and loser, which is what you describe, but I don't believe applies to me, and here's why.

I am firm believer, outside of the internet, that if something is not adding value to my life - Get rid of it. And if I don't think I'm going to add value to something, it's not worth my time. So its not so much that I see discourse as battles (anymore, I totally used to be that type of person), but more so I look try and spend my time more wisely. Obviously until my ban on Era, I was not practicing that philosophy there (or in other places on the internet).

Additionally, that post you're quoting could have been worded and contextualized a lot better, so I can understand reading through a lot of the responses why it might come off wack.

Critical discourse about video games that goes beyond the common practice of isolating the conversation to the game only is actually pretty niche if you're looking at the broad picture. It's not normalized, and when it happens, the reactions are pretty much always asking the same question: Why does it matter? Someone brings up how an Ad in cyberpunk is transphobic? Why does it matter? Characters in the game are LGBTQ? Why does it matter. Journalists highlight working conditions at companies that are abhorrent? Why does it matter?

I wasn't trying to be condescending when I said that the majority of people really do view video games through child-like beer goggles. And that's okay! I don't critically analyze every piece of media I consume either.

With that said, the enjoyment of viewing video games through a critical lens is

- Seeing how real life issues / themes are tied into a game's narrative.
- Understanding where certain inspirations come from.

There's way more factors, but ultimately I find it really does boil down to an enjoyment in gaining knowledge about everything that went into a piece of art.

I love and respect Kyuuji. Full stop. She's incredibly smart and instrumental in my greater understanding of Trans issues and her thread about CDPR being transphobic was incredibly well done and invaluable. Being banned off of Era does not change my fondness for TransEra at all.

Kyuuji playing Cyberpunk isn't hypocritical, and here's why I think this - It's important and ethical to consume media that you perceive as problematic assuming that you're going into the consumption understanding why said media is problematic. I don't think its a black and white issue, and especially for critics, its important to understand the subject you're criticizing in-depth if you're wanting to make a convincing argument about why said thing is problematic and wrong, and needs to be fixed.

I know a ton of you will read that and think "jesus fucking christ this clown" but at the end of the day my grievances will always be towards how Era staff manage issues brought up by marginalized groups in the community, usually never with individuals on a personal level.

Hi Black Chamber! There's a post a few pages where you list me as the second prominent member that needs to be banned, so I think you got your wish!

I think ultimately in many cases if someone does something that can be perceived as one of those labels, just in general internet users will be broad about their labeling. There's almost zero chance people are going to assume good faith, and without context in situations that really require it, you're gonna have situations that really do just boil down to people throwing those labels out.
The problem isn't that videogames aren't political or don't deliver a message, of course they have some kind of political/moral meaning, but some people are so extreme in their views that now it appears like videogames aren't political enough anymore, its not enough to deliver a message with subtlety they need to have X or Y otherwise entire companies/employees/members are harassed because they don't pass some kind of made up 2020 'standard', analysing every single detail under those lenses devalues the quality of the discussion imo, the Cyberpunk controversy for example is just embarrassing and only serves for others to see how ERA is treating their own members and handling discussion.

Kyuuji is, well not the sole voice of all the Trans community, she has the right of her opinion and argument over CDPR apparent transphobia, but others have the right of critisizing her methods, mods banning any oposition no matter how small, bullying Black Chamber and others over control of the forum and even challenge her views, she and others playing, discussing and buying the game after all the circus is just cherry on top.

Hobbess

Banned
Now that's a fresh start👍

Did you see my post comparing NeoGAF to ResetEra using the movie "The Matrix" as an analogy? I would like to hear your thoughts on that, given you just spent a week away from there.

This is gonna be the unpopular take: I still have rose colored glasses when I look at Era. In some other posts, I talked about the tangible changes I'd like to see because I think in some instances and situations its worth fighting to have those safe spaces. I don't think I'd agree with analogy personally.

I will say that popping in here has expanded my perception of this place.

You've got a really long rap sheet.

I do? Last time I asked the admins about it I only had like 5ish infractions, each with varying degrees of punishment, the biggest one being a month ban. I know some sentiments here was that I was invulnerable but I absolutely did not feel that way. Rose colored glasses again maybe? Who knows.

Alright! That's all I have for today. I still need to finish my paper and study for these final exams.

Ymir

He was so far up is own ass he could probably look at his fillings.
I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but he's still the same attention seeking loser. If only his friend Hecht wasn't captured by the Russians his life could have been different.

Can we have a Constructive Community Discussion thread to discuss the unfair and outrageous banning of H Hobbess ?

If you start writing novels about it like Shiron I'm sure he'll have no choice but to capitulate.

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

Wait, why was hobbes show the door? Just want to make sure I’m not missing out on a laugh.

That said, poor dude, he may have actually come around to seeing what kind of a cesspool reset is
He would not "come around". It is ingrained in who he is, and no matter how much he wants to be smug and cavalier about it the fact that he got booted from Resetera eats at him and once he realizes that nowhere else will put up with that shit and yet he can't go back to re it will get even worse.
He fancies himself the most clever person in the room, and everyone is below him. More than anything he very quickly proved that he learned nothing.

Shame we'll never know what was the alt he created... I was curious if he had one from the beginning. I was going to ask him by PM.

Just as a reminder, Hobbes harassed and reported a lot of people over their opinions. He never refrained from playing along Era mood of the day of doxxing, dog pilling, insulting dissenssing voices. He plays it like he was "stupid", but he knew what he was doing. When you rush to the mods to snitch like he did, you're not stupid, you're just an asshole. Good move to get rid of him.

He wasn't like that because of Era. Era is like that because of people like him. He was part of that 15% toxic gang.

It was a good thing to see people here still welcome him despite what he is. It shows the difference between Era madness and Gaf. However, some of you are definitely too kind for your own good.

Edit : That post about Hobbes being an Era cop wannabe despite being Acab was ace btw.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom