• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

graywolf323

Not to mention you can channel your inner Bruce Willis.
Bruce Willis GIF

Hudo

Well...

I can tell you of my personal experience that, due to radiation therapy, it kinda sucks when it's balding in spots. My head looks ridiculous right now. Hopefully, it will grow back. I'm nearly 50, and it was still really thick and curly. I'd be okay with natural balding, but this looks fucking silly :D
What kinda radiation are they treating you with? High-energy photons (gamma rays) or some hadron-based radiation like protons or carbon ions? Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind me asking.

Bodomism

Banned
Aaaand locked. Staff got triggered that their shitposter admin is being criticized for being a console warrior. They banned the most egregious complainers, a little slap on the wrist for some of the most offensive trolls, and business as usual. Staff-approved shitting up of every thread that isn't a positive Sony thread. Gaming side really has much of the same loops of the off-topic side, but it's worse because at least in off-topic they indeed talk about things that, for better or worse, can change the world. Having to justify your console of choice is no lifechanger, and yet here we are.
Take a look at the bloomberg articles regarding Sony sidelining Japan. Many of them were shitting that awesome journalist that turned out to be true after Japan received less hardware than UK and team Japan vets departure.

Every sony fans on Ree are very toxic toward MediaCreate users especially Chris and now they needed to face those users in NPD thread where Nintendo Switch is currently dominating in term of hardware and software.

NPD thread became less toxic when Nintendo Switch dominated 24 months streak as many Sony fans mostly left from participating in discussion about Nintendo Switch fastest selling achievements.

Tuff McNutt

Well...

I can tell you of my personal experience that, due to radiation therapy, it kinda sucks when it's balding in spots. My head looks ridiculous right now. Hopefully, it will grow back. I'm nearly 50, and it was still really thick and curly. I'd be okay with natural balding, but this looks fucking silly :D
Stay strong my dude. My stepkid has had cancer 3 times, that radiation treatment sucks.

And no one really cares about being bald unless you're some dude like Fabio and making a living on your hair.

Redlancet

Banned
Take a look at the bloomberg articles regarding Sony sidelining Japan. Many of them were shitting that awesome journalist that turned out to be true after Japan received less hardware than UK and team Japan vets departure.

Every sony fans on Ree are very toxic toward MediaCreate users especially Chris and now they needed to face those users in NPD thread where Nintendo Switch is currently dominating in term of hardware and software.

NPD thread became less toxic when Nintendo Switch dominated 24 months streak as many Sony fans mostly left from participating in discussion about Nintendo Switch fastest selling achievements.
Thats a lot of bullshit my friend

GeekyDad

What kinda radiation are they treating you with? High-energy photons (gamma rays) or some hadron-based radiation like protons or carbon ions? Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind me asking.

Uh, I'm embarrassed to say I don't remember. The radiation doctor was thorough in his explanations, but at the time -- due to lots of focal-aware seizures -- my memory was a lot worse. But the radiation machine would start below my head and shoot for a few seconds, then move, shoot again another few seconds. Basically about 10 to 15 minutes until it fully circled my head (treating brain cancer in the left frontal lobe).

Last edited:

dave_d

Uh, I'm embarrassed to say I don't remember. The radiation doctor was thorough in his explanations, but at the time -- due to lots of focal-aware seizures -- my memory was a lot worse. But the radiation machine would start below my head and shoot for a few seconds, then move, shoot again another few seconds. Basically about 10 to 15 minutes until it fully circled my head (treating brain cancer in the left frontal lobe).
Kind of sounds like they used Gamma Knife but I'm no doctor.

Erdrick

Here we go

There is a constant amount of threads and/or discussion about how Sugiyama is the worst human being. This one is going as expected with the OP being *So* disheartened over I guess the lack of response that they wanted in their thread, that they're going to close their account?

Sure.

If they actually close their account, I'd be impressed. Otherwise, fucking hypocrites as usual, with the Virtue Signal being lit again.

TheRyzzl

Neo Member
There is a constant amount of threads and/or discussion about how Sugiyama is the worst human being. This one is going as expected with the OP being *So* disheartened over I guess the lack of response that they wanted in their thread, that they're going to close their account?

Sure.

If they actually close their account, I'd be impressed. Otherwise, fucking hypocrites as usual, with the Virtue Signal being lit again.

The way that thread ended was pretty hilarious, lmao.

InDaGulag

i dont understand that ban at all lmao
concern trolling because he talked back to a mod?

Apparently using the same reasoning that effected how CP2077 was talked on the site with other games/companies is now not okay. Even when the OP is genuine in their feelings.

Or at least not okay for most users. I'm sure if Kuyjii started a thread about DQ, they would not be banned, get angry responses from DQ fanboys, or have a mod shit talk them.

Erdrick

They did indeed close their account. They were true to their word. Also the DQ composer is an actual ass.

Hard to say that when they were banned for having an alt account instead of an actual account deletion. I don't think that's what the OP had in mind when they threw out the idea of leaving.

InDaGulag

they banned some people for talking shit to an admin in that phil specter thread as well

Which was silly, as that admin post was a blatant lie and thread derail. Dude posted his bomb and left the thread, leaving a wave of bans in his wake.

A conspiracy theorist would think it was a secret operation to get Xbox fans banned. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Ol'Scratch

I see nothing to poke at in the Dragon Quest thread. The OP went in trying stir the next great cancel cause, but did it like a condescending asshole. When people brought up that it is known and oft discussed they doubled down on trying to be the only person that cared. Though Hecht the admin coming in looking like an assclown was a highlight.
Of course you had your usual suspects in the thread which want to treat every chance at canceling or concern the highest priority trying to say "op is right!" but the thread was shit. They did not get banned they requested it (or at least said they were) until their other account was found. Other account should not be a big deal but let's be honest, the Op's excuse was total horse shit. EVERYONE knows that getting caught with a second account is your ass. If they could not remember their info it is very easy to contact someone.
There are plenty of reasons to shit on things over there without having to scrape for it like the situation in question.

JSoup

Banned
Even Alex from Digital Foundry has started dunking on them:

Was that particular piece of Era craziness ever highlighted in this thread? I must have missed it.

Also, that twitter image leaves out a lot of context. There was a reddit thread about it a few days ago, the Norwegian guy was calling some black lady a white supremist, she countered with 'your culture is white supremacism'.

MrFunSocks

Banned
User banned (Permanent): Xbox fragility
Check out SonyGAF in action making threads to attack Xbox just yesterday:

Reeee is definitely super Sony biased, but lately I think this site is worse in that regard. They’re more concerned about being woke over there now.

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

Check out SonyGAF in action making threads to attack Xbox just yesterday:

Reeee is definitely super Sony biased, but lately I think this site is worse in that regard. They’re more concerned about being woke over there now.
The series S IS a waste of time and totally a stupid waste of materials. It is inferior in every way to the series X. It has nothing to do with Sony bias. You can criticize something without it being a bias conspiracy.

The series S IS a waste of time and totally a stupid waste of materials. It is inferior in every way to the series X. It has nothing to do with Sony bias. You can criticize something without it being a bias conspiracy.
Still see a lot of people happy with their series s under the tree ....that box is going to become the gateway for xcloud for many and combined with gamepass it’s actually a pretty good deal

too many people have their console warrior armour on

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

Still see a lot of people happy with their series s under the tree ....that box is going to become the gateway for xcloud for many and combined with gamepass it’s actually a pretty good deal

too many people have their console warrior armour on
Tell me how it can be console warrior when someone says that an XBOX is better than another XBOX. Stop labeling shit it makes you look like a jackass.
The reality is many people do not know the difference between the S and X but you can believe that after they open it and realize that the X is better then they will not be so happy. I can count at least four people from my local gaming shop who either got a Series S or an Xbox One X for Christmas because the person buying the gift did not know the difference. It is poor marketing and poor delivery. It has nothing to do with console warrior, did I even fucking mention another brand or console? This is Resetera shit where you try to immediately label someone saying something as stupid as something totally blown out of proportion.

TransTrender

Gold Member
So what's the latest?
Have things settled down after that big Neph post or did it get more unhinged? What about those transera members which boycotted CP2077 but still played it, were there any more call outs in the thread?

Ymir

Another gorgeous outrage thread from racist black ERA members about WHITENESS IN NORSE MYTHOLOGY

Ionian

Another gorgeous outrage thread from racist black ERA members about WHITENESS IN NORSE MYTHOLOGY

That thread is a disgrace, however a hero emerges.

audIzRf.jpg

That's all it is you dumbasses, nothing racist about it.

Ionian

Oh he back-trackted

cS49Kda.jpg

Extreme causticity?

That's a new one. He ever read 'The Lion the witch and wardrobe' ?

The book is written ages ago.

Honestly makes no sense.

Will still watch all Disney, not a doubt.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
the mind virus is real af

there's nothing worse than when i'm hanging out in one of the couple Era discords I haunt and we're all shooting shit and being y'know just normal dudes and someone has to come in and start getting all preachy and weird

shuts discussion down every time, no fun allowed

Hudo

Ahh, OK. Well, the most important thing is that you're all healthy again, man! Don't worry about it :)

Ionian

the mind virus is real af

there's nothing worse than when i'm hanging out in one of the couple Era discords I haunt and we're all shooting shit and being y'know just normal dudes and someone has to come in and start getting all preachy and weird

shuts discussion down every time, no fun allowed

Era discords, hate the site but can't help hang about. Interesting.

teezzy

Banned
Era discords, hate the site but can't help hang about. Interesting.

Meh, I've been a member in the three I'm in for some time now. The regulars are a solid bunch (believe me, I wouldn't chill otherwise)/ Just a bunch of old GAF veterans shooting shit about more niche interests. A good amount of the members are perm'd on Era or just don't post there.

There are some more questionable annoying preachy leftist types, but as I stated, nobody pays much attention to that. It's rare things get political in the Discords. I'm never afraid to speak my mind when it does though. Not as bad as the site, not by a mile.

Tell me how it can be console warrior when someone says that an XBOX is better than another XBOX. Stop labeling shit it makes you look like a jackass.
The reality is many people do not know the difference between the S and X but you can believe that after they open it and realize that the X is better then they will not be so happy. I can count at least four people from my local gaming shop who either got a Series S or an Xbox One X for Christmas because the person buying the gift did not know the difference. It is poor marketing and poor delivery. It has nothing to do with console warrior, did I even fucking mention another brand or console? This is Resetera shit where you try to immediately label someone saying something as stupid as something totally blown out of proportion.
was not saying you are a console warrior...your are entitled to have an opinion that is different to someone else

What i was saying is there are quite a few on this board who have an unhealthy obsession with finding ways to attack MS and their direction but wont have a bar of someone critiquing Sony.

For me the marketing is pretty simple...you can play the same game on both consoles...one you can just play it with more bells and whistles but the other is much cheaper and plays the same game at lower resolution and details

There are still quite a lot of people who are content with 1080p gaming or less...the switch is a prime example of this...you bring great value and good games it becomes a really good investment
at the moment there are no new games so its not quite there but the same could be said of the ps5......both consoles could of done with another 12 months in the oven to be honest as there are bugs and missing features across the board and the 3rd party stuff has been a lottery

The ps5 is gonna have some amazing games this gen and Xbox has amassed a warchest of developers to right the wrongs of last gen
as a gamer its a great time to own a console or both

was not saying you are a console warrior...your are entitled to have an opinion that is different to someone else

What i was saying is there are quite a few on this board who have an unhealthy obsession with finding ways to attack MS and their direction but wont have a bar of someone critiquing Sony.

For me the marketing is pretty simple...you can play the same game on both consoles...one you can just play it with more bells and whistles but the other is much cheaper and plays the same game at lower resolution and details

There are still quite a lot of people who are content with 1080p gaming or less...the switch is a prime example of this...you bring great value and good games it becomes a really good investment
at the moment there are no new games so its not quite there but the same could be said of the ps5......both consoles could of done with another 12 months in the oven to be honest as there are bugs and missing features across the board and the 3rd party stuff has been a lottery

The ps5 is gonna have some amazing games this gen and Xbox has amassed a warchest of developers to right the wrongs of last gen
as a gamer its a great time to own a console or both

Great post! Agreed with everything. It's a good time to be a gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom