• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
He's finally putting this $600 into savings after literally spending thousands of dollars and incessantly whining about how unfair it is that the government isn't giving people more money and after hard talking his parents down to only $200 a month for rent. This guys life sounds like Exhausted walrus
6LpaWN1.png
Those covid payouts are poorly labeled. Calling them Stimulous Funds makes it sound like someone hit the lottery and should go out and buy random crap.

If someone is doing fine, then ya the extra $600 can be used as top up money to buy shit. But when the intent of money is for people down and out to use it to pay for necessities to get through life. Not use it as balancing act vs. high priced gaming gear.

Oh well. That's what government does with handouts. They never seem to have stipulations. Just hand it out and watch it go down the drain. Nvidia loves it though.

Last edited:
It's really not healthy to be a 26 year old dude trying to live in the same house as your dad. Like that's an impossible social dynamic 99% of the time.

I would have rather lived in a 300 sq ft studio apartment.
U sorta do enter that crossover zone with females that get sick of young guys and decide to fuck old dudes and now every girl you bring home is a potential step mother in waiting

I do actually know a person that their dad ended up dating/marrying their ex girlfriend.....I don’t know if I should laugh or feel sorry for how miserable he feels when he hears his ex girlfriend getting pounded night after night

guy put on 30kgs and went grey and bald in 12 months

Ymir

Those covid payouts are poorly labeled. Calling them Stimulous Funds makes it sound like someone hit the lottery and should go out and buy random crap.

If someone is doing fine, then ya the extra $600 can be used as top up money to buy shit. But when the intent of money is for people down and out to use it to pay for necessities to get through life. Not use it as balancing act vs. high priced gaming gear.

Oh well. That's what government does with handouts. They never seem to have stipulations. Just hand it out and watch it go down the drain. Nvidia loves it though.
Not really, they’re stimulus checks to help stimulate the economy and drive people to spend money on things they’re been putting off. Whether spending the money personally makes sense is a separate issue.

nush

I do actually know a person that their dad ended up dating/marrying their ex girlfriend.....I don’t know if I should laugh or feel sorry for how miserable he feels when he hears his ex girlfriend getting pounded night after night

The poor cunt can kinda relate. I lived with my mum when she got divorced (I was 18 though). She was banging a few guys that we worked with and even one of the managers (That did make me untouchable in the place. I had to put the headphones on to sleep some nights so as not to hear one of my workmate plowing my mum. She never gave me any trouble bringing girls home, so it was even stevens.

Maybe someday they'll enforce their own TOS.

ew0NTNA.png

Last edited:

ew0NTNA.png

Bonfire has always been accurate

Donald Trump GIF by Nate Makuch

Ol'Scratch

ew0NTNA.png

IT makes me violently ill to be quite honest. They ride their high horses believing themselves moral and just yet fail and the most basic tenets of humanity. Fucking hate cult is what they are.
To celebrate shit like this is the most blatantly disgusting display. I mean let's put it on the table Resetera, you hate this people and revel in their death even when they have no direct wrong doing and have children and families...
why should anyone care about you, why should anyone respect you? You are happy when they die, then so be it. Your causes, your soap boxes are hollow. Nobody should move an inch for your causes because you have proven time and time again that once branded as non era approved nothing removes that. YOU create your reality.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
Wooohoooooo money from the government!

3080 here we goooo

What a bunch of messed up people. If you need a stimulus bill to buy a new graphics card then you should reevaluate your priorities.
I wouldn’t go off on people for that so quickly. The entire point of a stimulus payout is to stimulate the economy ie spending. The government wants people to spend it. That’s the entire point of it.

Many people will save it or use it to pay bills and that’s fine, if that’s what they need to do then great that it helps them, but the entire package is to try and have people spend it to keep companies open and people employed.

Here in Australia we have had a few stimulus packages - I think there were up to 3 cash handouts to low-middle income earners - but the main thing our government did was a thing called “JobKeeper” which paid businesses $750 a week for every full time employee that they keep on (even if stood down), and it has to be used to pay that employees wage. It has saved hundreds of thousands of jobs. They also made “JobSeeker” which is basically the unemployment payment but double the regular amount, for anyone looking for a job. These are the type of programs that the USA needs to implement.

I see a lot of people ragging on people living at home in their twenties and I have to disagree - if you’re studying at uni/college or legit saving for a house etc I see no problem with it as long as you’re not freeloading. I lived at home until I finished uni after high school and could afford to get a mortgage. I think I was 23 when I moved out and bought a place. Would you guys give me shit for that too?

Make fun of the people of reeeee for many things, but spending stimulus money and living at home until they can afford to move out aren’t those things.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t go off on people for that so quickly. The entire point of a stimulus payout is to stimulate the economy ie spending. The government wants people to spend it. That’s the entire point of it.

Many people will save it or use it to pay bills and that’s fine, if that’s what they need to do then great that it helps them, but the entire package is to try and have people spend it to keep companies open and people employed.
Of course, I'm just saying this as many people there seem to suffer from not having enough money, but quickly jump into buying the newest graphics card. If you can't buy a graphics card without the stimulus check then maybe it means you don't have the means for it under normal conditions and that maybe that money should be saved or spent on something more important.
But yeah, fair point.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
Of course, I'm just saying this as many people there seem to suffer from not having enough money, but quickly jump into buying the newest graphics card. If you can't buy a graphics card without the stimulus check then maybe it means you don't have the means for it under normal conditions and that maybe that money should be saved or spent on something more important.
But yeah, fair point.
The thing with low income earners and people living paycheque to paycheque is that they will pretty much spend whatever money you throw at them. They don’t save it for a rainy day, they don’t use it to pay bills off or loans down - they’re just generally not good with money. Giving them more money as a stimulus payment basically guarantees that it’s going to go back into the economy, as you’re saying with these people that always cry poor but are now going to buy GPUs and Game Consoles. They’re doing exactly what is expected of them - mindlessly spending.

If you give a well off person $600 they won’t go and spend it because they don’t need to. It can just go in the bank and earn interest or on their mortgage etc. that’s why IMO these stimulus packages should be means tested. It costs the government less and gets the same result.

Saruhashi

Banned
But yeah, fair point.

I think in the case of ResetEra, and the internet in general, you have to be conscious of the fact that there is no solid awareness of what people's real lives are actually like.

It's far more likely that they DON'T suffer from not having enough money BUT they are also part of a community that places value on being downtrodden and oppressed and hard done by etc etc.

In a sense they are trying to have their cake and eat it too.

The world is a terrible and unfair place, I want social justice for all... now I'm just going to pop out and buy a new PS and an Xbox and a high end graphics card.

It's kind of funny when you've got a situation like a videogame forum where everyone is trying to act like they aren't privileged or are at least very willing to lecture others on privilege but at the exact same time they are spending thousands of dollars on entertainment products and eagerly discussing the next products.

Here comes Jim Sterling to lecture you about the excesses of capitalism and consumer culture. A self-employed, big fat man, surrounded by dolls and assorted stupid toys, talking about expensive electronic goods. It's laughable. The dude probably has the calorie intake of 2 or 3 normal people and he stands there preaching while someone somewhere is likely starving to death.

I don't know how to fix the worlds problems and I don't really think anybody can, to be honest.
However, there is something far wrong with people who are demanding these government payouts when they are actually relatively well off.

I'd actually reckon that some of the poorest in the US might not even have the means to receive this money?
What if you've no home and no smart phone etc? Someone just comes round to your sleeping spot and gives you the cash?

IT makes me violently ill to be quite honest. They ride their high horses believing themselves moral and just yet fail and the most basic tenets of humanity. Fucking hate cult is what they are.
To celebrate shit like this is the most blatantly disgusting display. I mean let's put it on the table Resetera, you hate this people and revel in their death even when they have no direct wrong doing and have children and families...
why should anyone care about you, why should anyone respect you? You are happy when they die, then so be it. Your causes, your soap boxes are hollow. Nobody should move an inch for your causes because you have proven time and time again that once branded as non era approved nothing removes that. YOU create your reality.
They're so far gone, a lot of the hardcore reeetards lost their humanity long ago.

cormack12

Gold Member
Yeah I mean if you got $600 and didn't really need it, and spent every day complaining about the under privileged, food banks, homeless etc. then that $600 could do a lot of good. You could even do a home delivery grocery shop right to the food banks. You could make homeless care packs for 5-10 people and hand them out, give to a christmas present appeal for struggling kids. The thing is no one judges anyone on these types of things until you become the loudest most performative assholes on the earth. Then you'll get called out, because if you really, really cared these would be the first ideas popping into your head, not a new gfx card or trainers etc. Live up to the standards you lay at everyone elses feet first.

Gifmaker

ew0NTNA.png

No, they won't, and if you report posts that go against that rule, you'll actually get perm'd for it. "Troll account".

Also, Nepenthe seems like such a powerhungry fucker. Her new trend of "You get X minutes to comply to my mod decrees" pretty much screams of power trip. Comes off as really, really unhinged.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
No, they won't, and if you report posts that go against that rule, you'll actually get perm'd for it. "Troll account".

Also, Nepenthe seems like such a powerhungry fucker. Her new trend of "You get X minutes to comply to my mod decrees" pretty much screams of power trip. Comes off as really, really unhinged.
She is filled with power from mega bitch slapping TransERA a few weeks ago. It's all very entertaining to watch.

Kayhan

Very long standing ResetEra members Lord of Ostia and Psychoward have both been permanently banned for "Extremely incendiary attacks on staff"

It is not clear exactly why but it seems to relate to "mod bigotry/rape apologism and moderaters banning members who call them out".

ResetEra moderators are now doing what NeoGAF moderators used to do: getting rid of long time members who aren't afraid to call out staff in favor of newer members who will lick the boot of moderators.

11413.jpg

31817.jpg

Last edited:
Very long standing ResetEra members Lord of Ostia and Psychoward have both been permanently banned for "Extremely incendiary attacks on staff"

It is not clear exactly why but it seems to relate to "mod bigotry/rape apologism and moderaters banning members who call them out".

ResetEra moderators are now doing what NeoGAF moderators used to do: getting rid of long time members who aren't afraid to call out staff in favor of newer members who will lick the boot of moderators.

11413.jpg

31817.jpg
the discord is certainly an interesting place tonight..i didn't know something was off until i read this
expect some more reeeeeefugees

how can you honestly go nearly 3 years and not realise the site is run by a bunch of cunts

cormack12

Gold Member

11413.jpg

31817.jpg

Wtf - must admit never heard of them. Are they prominent members

Goodness, it feels like Dragon Ball Z marathon in here, another filler episode consisting of "OH NO! How Could I Have Missed That ERA Was Bad All Along?", a few more people return, another filler episode, more people return to spill their guts...

As GAF grows, ERA becomes far less interesting to discuss. They are slowly being reduced to the spin-off board they always were.

Goodness, it feels like Dragon Ball Z marathon in here, another filler episode consisting of "OH NO! How Could I Have Missed That ERA Was Bad All Along?", a few more people return, another filler episode, more people return to spill their guts...

As GAF grows, ERA becomes far less interesting to discuss. They are slowly being reduced to the spin-off board they always were.
Hope so but it's a big fucking shame they got so big in the first place, they have/had influence on the gaming industry for too long.

Just look at some of things they did:

• They mocked John Bain for his induction in the eSports Hall of Fame after his death.
  • One user actually went online to admit their coprophile fetish and how they enjoyed the smell of feces in a restaurant he works in.
  • They doxed a GOG staff just because the organization criticized unethical and biased game journalists and SJWs.
  • They threatened to sue anybody who found about their pedophilia activities.
  • Remedy had a Q&A session on resetera but needless to say it led to a massive backlash within the gaming community due to how toxic the forum is.
  • When XXXTentacion was murdered he was known for being a Kingdom Hearts fan who wanted to go to Japan and when Yoko Shimoura heard about it she composed a track titled Nocturne in his memory and when Resetera found out they decided to cancel her.
  • They attacked THQ Nordic and Limited Run Games for hosting a Q&A on 8chan.
  • They tried to forcefully censor Catherine due to its lewd content. And they even sent threats to the director of the game.
  • They tried to force Nintendo into censoring content in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
  • Not even the Piranha plant was inclusive enough in Super Smash Bros Ultimate.
  • They forced Activision to censor a character in Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled.
  • One user named Shinobi602 smugly leaked Banjo & Kazooie's appearance in Ultimate, ruining the surprise for many people.
  • They pushed a fake rumor of Sly Cooper 5 coming out.
  • They've actually tried to segregate black users into their own forum and every other user in their own forum.
  • When an online translator spent 4 years and over $400 in research to localize the Japanese only RPG Ganbare Goemon 3: Shishijyūrokubei no Karakuri Manji Katame, ResetERA's mob harassed him just because he used the word "tranny" in his localization, eventually the translator caved in and produced a slur free version of the localization, and it's very likely that he'll never attempt another localization again.
  • They made an awful "suggestion" list on how to "improve" the Personavideo game series and sent it to Atlus USA's twitter.
    • Most headers of said "list" were also problems that had already been fixed in older games in the series, set to be fixed in future games, pointless nitpicks or even stuff that isn't present in the games at all, which highlights their lack of research work and knowledge about the series.
    • In fact they've actually managed to have ATLUS cave in for Persona 5: Royal altering the scenes between Ryuji and the 2 gay men but in all other versions in Japan or in Europe the scene is still there.
  • They all have a huge hate boner not just for Persona but to also the entire Fire Emblemfranchise.
    • One user even "criticized" the character design of the female characters in Fire Emblem: Three Houses, however most of what he said was nothing more than blind bashing against the game.
      • It even criticized Petra Macneary's outfit without mentioning that it's a typical outfit of her homeland, Brigid, which is a country inhabited mostly by hunters and tribes.
  • One user claimed that Barret Wallace from Final Fantasy VII is "an ignorant racist caricature." Anyone who disagreed with them was immediately banned from the forum.

Luckily their toxic ideology is one big cancer that will kill itself sooner or later.

...because they're also cunts and actually agree with the cult in many ways?
(while I was typing this up, I saw you replied directly. So consider this a reply to both)

I wanna be open-armed, but this is essentially the case.

Folks are upset that ERA is melting down, but this is just one in a long series of meltdowns. Such meltdowns always result in a wave of returners wringing their hands and wondering how it all went so wrong. It very much resembles the behavior of someone who has escaped a debilitating addiction, a toxic relationship, or a cult.

However, should these returners wish to avoid hardship in the future, will they challenge the underlying assumptions that led to ERA in the first place?

Are they questioning their own susceptibility to following the herd? Are they questioning the chain of events that led to the 2017 blowup? Or are they just pissed that the power-tripping mods have finally stepped on their particular toes (whether it was a specific gaming thread, or an OT community, or whatever)?

i think it's mostly the latter. And at the end of the day, that's fine. It is just a gaming forum after all. I'd happily take people who are disenfranchised with Too Serious Everything Is Political and just wanna talk about games.

My hope is that somewhere in each of the heads of the returners, they are keeping an eye out to prevent it from happening again on GAF instead of re-importing the mind virus.

I'm well aware of the things you listed. I'm also familiar with the ERA Defense Brigade on GAF that has consistently played Both Sides™ and But Let's Give Them A Chance™ since the blowup, which is more obnoxious to me, personally. ERA is a quarantine board, but the people who come here to run interference for it and/or talk down to GAF and tell us how our community "really is" rubs me the wrong way. To put it another way, it's one thing to be suckered, but it's another thing to believe your lies and then come here to rub it in the old community's face. I joined GAF a few years ago because I observed that the crazies (the same mods who banned an older GAF account of mine) had vacated. I'm no genius. If I could figure that out... 🤷‍♀️

Without reading too much into motives, I have to agree that a some returners "actually agree with the cult in many ways", like you pointed out. Fleeing ERA isn't going to get most to reconsider the #metoo slander campaign that led to the 2017 split nor reconsider the anti-GamerGate sentiments from several years earlier. Hopefully GAF can be like a psych ward to them, helping them to deprogram and return to sanity.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
It's really not healthy to be a 26 year old dude trying to live in the same house as your dad. Like that's an impossible social dynamic 99% of the time.

If you live under the man’s house you live under his rules. If you want to be a free adult then fucking move out. Instead this whiny bitch is going to be a leech on his parents and also complain. What an entitled adult baby.

I'm not the most social person in the world, but once I was done with high school I was fucking out of there. I love my parents but I don't want to live in the same state as them, let alone the same house. Seeing them a few times a year is enough.

I still know people well into their 30s that still live with one or both parents. I understand the financial benefit, and part of me can admire wanting to care for your parents as they get older. But having that independence in your 20s & 30s is far, far more valuable than any money you might save. Those are years you don't get back.

I'm not the most social person in the world, but once I was done with high school I was fucking out of there. I love my parents but I don't want to live in the same state as them, let alone the same house. Seeing them a few times a year is enough.

I still know people well into their 30s that still live with one or both parents. I understand the financial benefit, and part of me can admire wanting to care for your parents as they get older. But having that independence in your 20s & 30s is far, far more valuable than any money you might save. Those are years you don't get back.
True, it's something many guys only understand when they get older. The extra money is nice but the freedom and youth are priceless.

Last edited:

dave_d

ew0NTNA.png

I read things like that and mostly I just roll my eyes. I mean my impression of Covid is that there's way too many people on both sides that don't give it the respect it deserves and use it little more as a cudgel to bash one side or another. I mean I know I've brought up Germany which used to be the standard talking point about about a country "doing it right". What ended up happening there? Even with supposedly an awesome response it got away from them. Here in Mass you get the "we're the smart and right people" thinking we did an awesome job here. Then I go look and what do you know, another massive spike in the past month spike and most people just don't take it seriously. (No try to keep your distance from other people. The mask is just another layer of protection but from what we know the best one is distance.) Of course then there's my big pet peeve, when one side or the other tries to up or down play it by comparing it to the flu which really in the end underplays how serious the flu actually is. (No the flu is not a cold, stop thinking it is.)

I'll take a guess if I were to ask anybody in Resetera how they think their state/country was doing they'd say awesome but if checked their actual number it would probably be comparable to everybody else. (Unless they live in a place like Taiwan that managed to prevent it from getting established in the first place.)

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

She is filled with power from mega bitch slapping TransERA a few weeks ago. It's all very entertaining to watch.
Exactly this. She got no push back, no wrist slap or anything else from other staff and admins even though her long rant post had alot of hate and threats and nastiness toward the general posters. Now she knows she has a blank check because anything against them is immediately about race and nobody over there wants that curtain to slip

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Who does she think she is ED-209?

zyBxfy1.jpg

5 minutes to comply? hahahaha

EDIT: she flat out said questioning her before would be a ban. It's a bloody death trap for anyone that does.
Hey at least ED-209 has brought less misery than Carlton Banks and the rest of the REEEEEEs
And when a Nintendo exec says something "problematic."
Look at Smash Brothers Ultimate where the black characters/apes incident and the game and watch Native American incident. Apparently Nintendo get second chances to second chances, whereas CDPR didn't even get a fighting chance.

cormack12

Gold Member
Did something happen on REEE recently to accelerate the returns? It’s noticeable on politics the last week or so, a large number of new members.

It was always going to happen. They reach a point where there is no one else left to virtue signal to, so they find other places to go and virtue signal there despite having their own utopia. Shows you exactly how they define their existence. They need attention and need to to feel everyone knows they are pure and virtuous. Pile of bastards.

Ionian

He did get that new job though, still not sure how lol.

I hear that pretend marriages can be quite cheap these days. Should be fine as long as he doesn’t invite too many imaginary friends :messenger_beaming:
Depends on the amount of holograms!

Or pillows. :D

Raven117

Hey at least ED-209 has brought less misery than Carlton Banks and the rest of the REEEEEEs

Look at Smash Brothers Ultimate where the black characters/apes incident and the game and watch Native American incident. Apparently Nintendo get second chances to second chances, whereas CDPR didn't even get a fighting chance.
Sad.
They really do just bully who they want under the guise of “social justice.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom