• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a fucking hypocrit considering he used the wrong pronouns all the time on Black Chamber Black Chamber
Yup.

I'm "He/Him" and Kyuuji [and others] referred to me constantly as "They".

I don't honestly give a shit - but if the pronoun police are on the beat, then everyone should be held to the same standard.

Kyuuji should have been banned a long time ago for repeated violations of the TOS.

For how much ResetEra folks hate the police, they sure enjoy acting like the Internet version of the very same bad apples they point at when generalizing every country's every cop ever. Between forcing users to explain "controversial" opinions, policing pronouns, telling people on their Discords what they can talk about and so on, it's pretty dumb all in all.

SNPlayen

This explains some things. (about Taysan)

Last edited:
c7oVNPG.png

User was banned and mocked for saying maybe someone wasn't murdered because of racism.

Turns out it wasn't because of racism.

teezzy

Banned

This explains some things. (about Taysan)

IIIRC, pretty sure TaySan has like 11k in the bank or something. He lives rent free and has some weird liquor delivery job. His expenses must be gas alone. His plan was to live with his parents and take care of them as they aged. He's hoping to meet a significant other who wants to live with him and his parents.

Sounds insane to me, but I have a friend my age who lives alongside her husband at her mom and step dad's house. They're almost 30. At the very least they're saving up for a house. TaySan could realistically secure a home loan at this point if his credit was decent. He just has no drive whatsoever. It's gross.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
IIIRC, pretty sure TaySan has like 11k in the bank or something. He lives rent free and has some weird liquor delivery job. His expenses must be gas alone. His plan was to live with his parents and take care of them as they aged. He's hoping to meet a significant other who wants to live with him and his parents.

Sounds insane to me, but I have a friend my age who lives alongside her husband at her mom and step dad's house. They're almost 30. At the very least they're saving up for a house. TaySan could realistically secure a home loan at this point if his credit was decent. He just has no drive whatsoever. It's gross.
No shortage of losers in the world. They serve an important function of making you look good when you breeze past them on the way to achieving your goals.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Finally.. we are almost to Exhausted Walrus Breakdown #456

Ah, yes, thank you.
One of my favorite characters.

nush

TaySan could realistically secure a home loan at this point if his credit was decent. He just has no drive whatsoever. It's gross.
There's a lot of people living with their parents because "Property is too expensive" when the reality is they don't even try. They don't want to experience any hardship or a step down from where they are living. I witnessed this for example with my youngest brother instead of saving money to stand on his own two feet it was all the latest Apple mac gear, branded clothing, new car and long weekend holidays with his friends. I had him living with me for a while, super low rent like £50 a week and 50% of the bills. I assumed I was helping him out and he'd save, but nope..

Eventually he lucked out and became this toyboy for an older female banker. She was textbook bitter old woman who had focused on her career and even though they were a couple she was not going to let him move in to her big house until he earned a comparable amount to her, he was a graphic designer so that was never going to happen. I forced her hand by kicking him out, tough love. So she had to let him move in and now he has a new mummy looking after him. DINK life of course because, circling back around to the avoidance of any hardships.

teezzy

Banned
There's a lot of people living with their parents because "Property is too expensive" when the reality is they don't even try. They don't want to experience any hardship or a step down from where they are living. I witnessed this for example with my youngest brother instead of saving money to stand on his own two feet it was all the latest Apple mac gear, branded clothing, new car and long weekend holidays with his friends. I had him living with me for a while, super low rent like £50 a week and 50% of the bills. I assumed I was helping him out and he'd save, but nope..

Eventually he lucked out and became this toyboy for an older female banker. She was textbook bitter old woman who had focused on her career and even though they were a couple she was not going to let him move in to her big house until he earned a comparable amount to her, he was a graphic designer so that was never going to happen. I forced her hand by kicking him out, tough love. So she had to let him move in and now he has a new mummy looking after him. DINK life of course because, circling back around to the avoidance of any hardships.

Yeah I really don't get it. I moved out with my first paycheck; crummy basement apartment as my first pad, but it counts. Since then I've always found one way or another to make ends meet, even if it meant I wasn't entirely sure where my next meal was coming from at times in between jobs. Some people really don't value their independence in the same light, I guess. I feel blessed I've been able to secure a family home to rent for the last five years or so. I'm making moves to ensure I can take it over formally when shit comes to shove (anxious for it, as morbid as that may be). I'm content with my life. At least I've earned it. I know people who work trash jobs and somehow go out and buy like $50 t-shirts and smart watches and the like... I don't get it either.

Ymir

They don’t try because they’d rather be woke and complain than actually do something. If you accept and keep telling yourself that life will always be unfair then you don’t need to take charge of your life. You want to pay to live in a worse neighborhood or you’re not in the main part of the city? That’s not fair, I should be able to live wherever I want. That’s the biggest thing I hate with the woke movement, things are only unfair them so why bother being involved in a “rigged” system. They’d rather whine and get sympathy since clearly no one else has ever experienced hardships but them.

Last edited:
Yeah I really don't get it. I moved out with my first paycheck; crummy basement apartment as my first pad, but it counts. Since then I've always found one way or another to make ends meet, even if it meant I wasn't entirely sure where my next meal was coming from at times in between jobs. Some people really don't value their independence in the same light, I guess. I feel blessed I've been able to secure a family home to rent for the last five years or so. I'm making moves to ensure I can take it over formally when shit comes to shove (anxious for it, as morbid as that may be). I'm content with my life. At least I've earned it. I know people who work trash jobs and somehow go out and buy like $50 t-shirts and smart watches and the like... I don't get it either.
Yeah, that irks me as well. I have a lot of friends like that, always complaining on how housing is expensive so they just stay with their parents.

The moment I went to university I started living on my own - rent a room until I finish uni and then rent a full house. Now I moved to China, earning my money, trying to incorporate into society (which is so fucking hard), and managed to rent a small apartment in a hotel together with my gf. I feel good about it, because it means I am going somewhere, I'm becoming someone.

Excuses don't cut it for me anymore. I'm living an uncomfortable life but I know that in a few years I can be way better than I am now.

nush

I am white, but not knowing the language makes it way harder (I'm still learning). I'm not living in a big city like Shanghai or Beijing where english can be easily used.

As long as you are trying to speak another language people always appreciate the effort and will accommodate you. I'm in a small town and people are much more friendly here compared to the big cities, there's more of a community feeling. My Chinese isnt great but having a Chinese girlfriend that didn't speak English was a fast track to improving. Remember Wechat has a translation function so that helps.

As long as you are trying to speak another language people always appreciate the effort and will accommodate you. I'm in a small town and people are much more friendly here compared to the big cities, there's more of a community feeling. My Chinese isnt great but having a Chinese girlfriend that didn't speak English was a fast track to improving. Remember Wechat has a translation function so that helps.
Yeah, thankfully my gf speaks English. I try to use chinese as best as I can but I've only been one year here, so it's not that great. Listening is getting better, but speaking is still a pain in the ass.

Last edited:

nush

Yeah, thankfully my gf speaks English. I try to use chinese as best as I can but I've only been one year here, so it's not that great. Listening is getting better, but speaking is still a pain in the ass.

Time to tell her to only speak Chinese with you. It works, but I agree tones are difficult. You'll be swearing like a local in no time! Fuck your mothers pussy, fuck it, fuck you, stupid cunt.

bender

What time is it?
No shortage of losers in the world. They serve an important function of making you look good when you breeze past them on the way to achieving your goals.

This is more of a tangent than defending TaySan as I couldn't stand him.

I've always admired how family units functioned in Korea. It's not uncommon for multiple generations of families to live within the same household. Functionally, it's kind of brilliant. As young coupes have children, you have the grandparent available to help educate them on the does and don'ts of parenthood, not to mentioned the extra pairs of hands to help out. As the older generation get closer to the long night, they have their children and grandchildren as caregivers. Granted there are some external factors that help necessitate this. Korea is a fairly small country and mountainous so land is incredibly expensive. The cultural divide is also vastly different with Koreans having much more reverence for age and respecting the wisdom that comes with that. Economically it just makes a ton of sense as you'd save so much money on baby sitters and senior care. I guess this tangent is to try and remove the stigma that children need to break free of their parents. It's very wasteful and harmful towards our family units.

edit: I need to proof read more. haha

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
This is more o a tangent than defending TaySan as I couldn't stand him.

I've always admired how family units functioned in Korea. It's not uncommon for multiple generations of families to live within the same household. Functionally, it's kind of brilliant. As young coupes have children, you have the grandparent on hand to help educate on the does and don'ts have parenthood not to mentioned the extra pairs of hands to help out. As the older generation get closer to the long night, they have their children and grandchildren as caregivers. Granted there are some external factors that help necessitate this. Korea is a fairly small country and mountainous so land is incredibly expensive. The cultural divide is also vastly different with Koreans having much more reverence for age and respecting the wisdom that comes with that. Economically it just makes a ton of sense as you'd save so much money on baby sitters and senior care. I guess this tangent is to try and remove the stigma that children need to break free of their parents. It's very wasteful and harmful towards our family units.
Tighter family bonds are better than weaker ones, absolutely. In America you’re meant to strike out on your own and make something for yourself, though. If that leads back to involving your parents when you start a family, or taking care of them or your grandparents down the road, that’s wonderful, but not for a single young man who hasn’t done anything meaningful with his life.

bender

What time is it?
Tighter family bonds are better than weaker ones, absolutely. In America you’re meant to strike out on your own and make something for yourself, though. If that leads back to involving your parents when you start a family, or taking care of them or your grandparents down the road, that’s wonderful, but not for a single young man who hasn’t done anything meaningful with his life.

It's a weird a mix for sure. I get frustrated with my nephew who is in his early 20s and still lives at home, but he's completely unmotivated. I'm sure part of that frustration is culturally based on the fact that he needs to be a man and strike out on his own, but it's probably more to do with him being spoiled and not knowing what personal responsibility is all about. On the plus side, he loves his parents which is 180 degrees from my siblings and I that bounced out as soon as we could. I just look at my friends around me who are starting families or have elderly parents and think of all the wasted money in having family units that aren't separated geographically. Nannies, daycare, assisted living, multiple family homes, cars, etc. Family bounds are more tenuous than ever and our consumption model is broken. There has to be a better way.

P0wXyk6.gif

nush

This is more of a tangent than defending TaySan as I couldn't stand him.

I've always admired how family units functioned in Korea. It's not uncommon for multiple generations of families to live within the same household. Functionally, it's kind of brilliant. As young coupes have children, you have the grandparent available to help educate them on the does and don'ts of parenthood, not to mentioned the extra pairs of hands to help out. As the older generation get closer to the long night, they have their children and grandchildren as caregivers. Granted there are some external factors that help necessitate this. Korea is a fairly small country and mountainous so land is incredibly expensive. The cultural divide is also vastly different with Koreans having much more reverence for age and respecting the wisdom that comes with that. Economically it just makes a ton of sense as you'd save so much money on baby sitters and senior care. I guess this tangent is to try and remove the stigma that children need to break free of their parents. It's very wasteful and harmful towards our family units.

edit: I need to proof read more. haha

Same here in China, the system works but it's understood it's a two way street. Grandparents look after the grandchildren while the parents go out on focus on their careers. Thus giving a better life for the Grandparents. Nothing wrong with living with your parents if your using that as a platform to better yourself.

MrFunSocks

Banned

Every time I see one of these overly long essays explaining every minute detail of months/years worth of non-events as backstory for some pathetic little “situation” just makes me think they’re all made up. How was any of that massive post relevant to the question at hand? How can anyone even help with this most likely made up situation? The post could have been this:

“my “girlfriend” broke up with me but we have to live together for one more week. How can I stop crying?”

Last edited:

nush

Every time I see one of these overly long essays explaining every minute detail of months/years worth of non-events as backstory for some pathetic little “situation” just makes me think they’re all made up. How was any of that massive post relevant to the question at hand? How can anyone even help with this most likely made up situation? The post could have been this:

“my “girlfriend” broke up with me but we have to live together for one more week. How can I stop crying?”
She obviously found new military dick and traded up from this 29YO soyboy she's only been dating for a year or less.

meanwhile on Resetera...

t3D76PZ.png

Ionian

That's either fake or the dude is a loser. 1.5 years but she was away, after being a friend. Good luck with that!

Don't worry though, Taysan has some advice;

QBhULtx.jpg

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

Bro...

JORMBO

Darkness no more

He also regularly complained about not being able to work due to covid shut downs. Meanwhile he dipped into his savings to buy every new console and a pile of games.

I moved back in with my grandparents when I got a local trucking job, but it was to take over the bills and mortgage so they could finally retire. I'm not going to pretend that I'm not inheriting the house, but that will hopefully be quite some time from now.

I made a promise a long time ago that they won't go in a nursing home, regardless of the cost.

Ahti

Neo Member
Ugh, I hate how TaySan's mere existence into the convo automatically colours the conversation in question unfavorably lol

But yes, as someone who is Asian myself; I always find the conversation around nuclear families v extended families fascinating. I guess I'm lucky in a way to have best of both worlds in my individual case; but having said that a lot of the parent-living-basement drags online didn't read/process for me (and I critically failed to understand them when I was younger) until a bit later.

To be honest I still have a hard time taking a shot at someone who lives w/ their parents, simply because it is so common/mundane (hell, people get married AND move to their parents lol, could not be me). With that said, I don't fully agree with the "property is sooo expensive now" argument since that implies a perpetual doom situation, which can't really be functionally "opposed".

I always view living with parents as someone building up a base/using the money saved as a paddleboard to jump off of eventually, at least the modern sensibilities of it. I notice perceptions of this vary harshly across countries, cultures and especially age wise, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom