• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckie

In a topic about some racist dude who gets smacked in the face (he did have it coming)

The most Era of bans you will ever see:

ZrwF7BB.jpg

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I should not be surprised this still exists given how much further ERA has gone into.

And you know, i get it now. I used to think any semblance of hope could atleast exist there.

But seeing the developments 1.5 years later, they didn't just go to Hell, they seized Hell and said ''Its not hot enuff here yet.''

At this stage some of those folks really are sitting in their chairs (Because walking around is nigh on impossible) with their cards fully in the open.

And still, even then... they either get away with it because they act as a minority (Looking at Kyuuji) or will high-pitch whistle that its all not enough.

Its impressive, really. One look at an ERA thread does wonders for your own mood.

Ol'Scratch

Every time I see one of these overly long essays explaining every minute detail of months/years worth of non-events as backstory for some pathetic little “situation” just makes me think they’re all made up. How was any of that massive post relevant to the question at hand? How can anyone even help with this most likely made up situation? The post could have been this:

“my “girlfriend” broke up with me but we have to live together for one more week. How can I stop crying?”
These threads used to drive me crazy and have caused me a few time outs in the past. Usually it is some one sided story full of holes and yet everyone is like "yeah man, she is a cunt whore terrorist you are better without her it was totally her fault you are great definitely nothing you did"
And if you try to say "well maybe you are responsible in some way" the pile on is real. Just another aspect of the cult.

teezzy

Banned
These threads used to drive me crazy and have caused me a few time outs in the past. Usually it is some one sided story full of holes and yet everyone is like "yeah man, she is a cunt whore terrorist you are better without her it was totally her fault you are great definitely nothing you did"
And if you try to say "well maybe you are responsible in some way" the pile on is real. Just another aspect of the cult.

That's the Era narrative in a nutshell: everything is always someone else's fault.

Saruhashi

Banned

I love this video so much.

Sometimes I wonder if she is deliberately stating something that is obviously bullshit so that she can make the point that someone will always interrupt to correct you.
That's kind of a "jokes on you, I was just pretending to be retarded" situation though.

Hey guys, I'll tell you something your white science can't explain.
There's this guy right and he uses magic to send lightning bolts to strike people.
Can your science explain that?

"Um, it's not true... that doesn't happen."

Ahahahahahahaha! You are supposed to respect the space you dumbass! Now apologize!

Like the leader woman actually says something like "you are disrespecting the sacredness of this space" and the poor cunt has to apologize to the group.

I love how she has this smug grin the whole time like she can talk shit about fucking wizards and lighting and nobody can even question it.

Haha. Yes Newton decided that gravity existed out of nowhere.
Like, they act as though Newton claims he invented gravity because that's a way to make it seem like some white guy is trying to "own" gravity.
He proposed the laws of motion. That's it. He didn't say "you know how things fall to the ground, well I'm going to call it Gravity, so haha I invented Gravity".

I think in situations like that it might be better to actually try and "one up" them with the crazy rather than go against them.
Like, I dunno, "My uncle is a witch doctor and he says that the magic is too weak to direct the lightning accurately unless it's a full moon, I heard it's actually better to use the black magic to influence animals such as squirrels and gophers to attack the target as the magic doesn't need the power of the moon so much".

I suppose this is what the likes of the Titania McGrath character does to some extent.

Saruhashi

Banned
ATXsxgj.png

Hk2rtEl.png

Oh shit it's the pronoun police.

I'm kind of fascinated by the kind of power trip provided by the use of pronouns in this way.

You would never use a persons pronouns when talking TO them.
Only when talking ABOUT them.

So really by putting your pronouns out there you are saying "if you happen to be talking about me when I'm not around then here are the pronouns you should use".

That just seems like such an incredibly controlling and self-important thing to do. "Let me tell you what to say when I'm not there."

Kind of worse for a "public figure" when you know that you most likely have a band of pathetic little followers who will enforce pronoun usage.

I think it's pretty weird even to be overly concerned about what people say about you.
"The other day I overheard so and so describing you as HE but your pronouns are THEY. OMG! That's such a disgrace."

I get that some folks want their identity to be validated. That's understandable. It's too much to actively demand it.

I'm kind of fascinated by the kind of power trip provided by the use of pronouns in this way.

You would never use a persons pronouns when talking TO them.
Only when talking ABOUT them.

So really by putting your pronouns out there you are saying "if you happen to be talking about me when I'm not around then here are the pronouns you should use".

That just seems like such an incredibly controlling and self-important thing to do. "Let me tell you what to say when I'm not there."

Kind of worse for a "public figure" when you know that you most likely have a band of pathetic little followers who will enforce pronoun usage.

I think it's pretty weird even to be overly concerned about what people say about you.
"The other day I overheard so and so describing you as HE but your pronouns are THEY. OMG! That's such a disgrace."

I get that some folks want their identity to be validated. That's understandable. It's too much to actively demand it.
The weird part in my mind is that the types of hardcore posters who correct pronouns (not even their own, as you noted) are the same type who readily call public figures, with political opinions differing from their own, names like "a walking, talking pile of human garbage." The selective respect for other people is so tiring. Is it so hard to be kind? Can we please chill out on the overly aggressive reductionism that is running rampant?

Ionian

Speak of the devil!
hjqJj4n.png

How old is he again?

Think he said mid - 20's. He posted his pic right here in the selfie section.

Also called us all Nazi's so God knows what his father is.

Dude probably keeps setting the house on fire making toast.

EDIT: beaten by the above posts.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Man it's like it's his house or something. Should probably get a job and get you an apartment if you don't like it.
My dad is like that too. I lived at home for a month after getting out of school and then moved out so I could do things my own way. It was a bit rough starting out since I didn't have much money at the time, but I made it work. I didn't want to be that guy getting older complaining about his parents.

Ol'Scratch

Cunt a Kinte laying down the law.
Respect to those calling out the bullshit in the thread.

Bollocks

Who does she think she is ED-209?

zyBxfy1.jpg

5 minutes to comply? hahahaha
haha what a fucking nerd. they really think people are staying 24/7 on this forum and have no life like themselves, so a 5 min warning is ok :D that messaging is really telling.
like how hard is it to say, yes we fucked up, that ban was not correct, sorry. instead they still insist on filing a complaint via some ticket system, when they have already been made aware of their errors.

once again it shows that they lack leadership qualities, admitting mistakes or simply saying idk is a high quality trait in the job world when it comes to managing people, no surprise they lack that.

A ban message like "troll account" really just sounds like someone needed an excuse for a permaban and didn't have one.

I realize I posted this after a mod said to get back on topic, and I accept whatever the consequences are for that.
Imaging running a forum where it's users don't care if they get perma'd.

Arimer

My dad is like that too. I lived at home for a month after getting out of school and then moved out so I could do things my own way. It was a bit rough starting out since I didn't have much money at the time, but I made it work. I didn't want to be that guy getting older complaining about his parents.
I'm not saying its right or for everyone but some people need that kick in the ass. And I've always found that having that experience of living in a shitty apartment and making it on your own even if just scratching by makes you appreciate the things you earn later on.

Ymir

Who does she think she is ED-209?

zyBxfy1.jpg

5 minutes to comply? hahahaha

EDIT: she flat out said questioning her before would be a ban. It's a bloody death tap for anyone that does.
HAHAHAHAHA threats from a fucking skeleton looking midget. Jesus christ this person needs to find anything that makes them feel powerful. Pathetic fucks :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Ymir

haha what a fucking nerd. they really think people are staying 24/7 on this forum and have no life like themselves, so a 5 min warning is ok :D that messaging is really telling.
like how hard is it to say, yes we fucked up, that ban was not correct, sorry. instead they still insist on filing a complaint via some ticket system, when they have already been made aware of their errors.

once again it shows that they lack leadership qualities, admitting mistakes or simply saying idk is a high quality trait in the job world when it comes to managing people, no surprise they lack that.

I'm really curious if he gets banned since he technically did post within her 5 min grace period.

Ionian

Hope the threat was 5 minutes to comply,

*user permed: something or other*

Midget furries are minorities too.

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

What disturbs me the most is that so many are so fucking helpless over there. It is rather pathetic and embarrassing. They all seem to stupid or inept to be able to find the most simple of answers which are all over the place right now.
I know that message boards are good for some things, but god damn I would be embarrassed to look so fucking helpless. Let's be real, I have a shit job and make shit money and barely have my shit together but fucking hell I can find answers and find facts for myself unless it is something really obscure.
Fuckwits are over there tripping all over themselves to not look like eager roaches who heard that a cake was about to fall on the floor at midnight.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Speak of the devil!
hjqJj4n.png

How old is he again?
His "daddy" needs to PICK A FUCKING LANE

2KXnd02.png

Bonus ACAB:

naQgmKv.png
HAHAHA!

The same Taysan who trolled here with his subtle jabs, but then acts like a tough guy badmouthing GAF from the safety of Reeeee.

Always knew that guy was, is and always will be a total loser. 26 year old jobless, broke, squatting manchild who won't leave the house even when dad tells him to pull up his socks and leave.

Typical lazy deadbeat. Guy should spend more time looking for a job and move out than posting on video game forums.

The other neighbors don't acknowledge our existence
Welcome to the real world. I'm pretty sure my neighbours don't watch or acknowledge me either. Everyone in the area has their own life and priorities to worry about, even if it's as mundane as mowing the lawn or bringing inside the weekly groceries. I can be outside wearing a neon shirt jumping up and down, but people have lives to live.

No need to be an attention seeker. Especially when one is unemployed, broke and won't leave the house. There's nothing interesting to see anyway.

Last edited:

Ymir

HAHAHA!

The same Taysan who trolled here with his subtle jabs, but then acts like a tough guy badmouthing GAF from the safety of Reeeee.

Always knew that guy was, is and always will be a total loser. 26 year old jobless, broke, squatting manchild who won't leave the house even when dad tells him to pull up his socks and leave.

Typical lazy deadbeat. Guy should spend more time looking for a job and move out than posting on video game forums.

Welcome to the real world. I'm pretty sure my neighbours don't watch or acknowledge me either. Everyone in the area has their own life and priorities to worry about, even if it's as mundane as mowing the lawn or bringing inside the weekly groceries. I can be outside wearing a neon shirt jumping up and down, but people have lives to live.

No need to be an attention seeker. Especially when one is unemployed, broke and won't leave the house. There's nothing interesting to see anyway.
He's finally putting this $600 into savings after literally spending thousands of dollars and incessantly whining about how unfair it is that the government isn't giving people more money and after hard talking his parents down to only $200 a month for rent. This guys life sounds like Exhausted walrus
6LpaWN1.png

Last edited:

Ymir

It's really not healthy to be a 26 year old dude trying to live in the same house as your dad. Like that's an impossible social dynamic 99% of the time.

I would have rather lived in a 300 sq ft studio apartment.
Eh, if you're an incel I'm not sure how much the social dynamic actually comes into play. He constantly paints himself as a recluse who doesn't leave his room (even to see family) and has no friends or a girlfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom