• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard announced (PC/XB1/PS4), Jan 2017, PS4 demo out now

Yeah, I don't know what to think about this. Certainly isn't what I expected from a RE7. It looks and feels nothing like the original RE games if that's what they're trying to convey by going back to its roots. At first I was convinced this was Outlast 2 or a similar type of game, so you can imagine how surprised I was to find out it was the next entry in the RE series.

I get the scary vibe they're going for, but it feels very similar to P.T in a way. RE had its own brand of horror and I don't want it going the supernatural way.

Also, first person? In 20 years this game went from being a survival horror with fixed camera angles, to a 3rd person action game and now a first person horror game? This franchise is all over the place.

I'll give it a chance but I'm not convinced by what I've seen of this game so far. Just hoping that the RE 2 Remake doesn't disappoint.

Kazuhira

Any info about the story?
I know it takes place 4 years after 6 and the location is a mansion in the middle of nowhere(is it the same place from the new cgi movie?)
Do we know the name of the main character? something tells me this demo is just the story about random survivors and not the real characters of the full game.
Correct me if there's info about that,i can't play the demo unfortunately.

Just played it twice got the normal bad ending and the phone ending.

Its OK but don't like the FPS like angle. I guess they have to show more for me to decide if it's something I like. I was hoping they will make the games more like re1 or re4...

liquidtmd

Banned
Yeah, I don't know what to think about this. Certainly isn't what I expected from a RE7. It looks and feels nothing like the original RE games if that's what they're trying to convey by going back to its roots. At first I was convinced this was Outlast 2 or a similar type of game, so you can imagine how surprised I was to find out it was the next entry in the RE series.

I get the scary vibe they're going for, but it feels very similar to P.T in a way. RE had its own brand of horror and I don't want it going the supernatural way.

Also, first person? In 20 years this game went from being a survival horror with fixed camera angles, to a 3rd person action game and now a first person horror game? This franchise is all over the place.

I'll give it a chance but I'm not convinced by what I've seen of this game so far. Just hoping that the RE 2 Remake doesn't disappoint.

Not calling you out, but if the series had kept exactly the same setup for 20years GAF would be tearing it down saying it's in need of a shake up

Replicant

I have to admit, the name "Biohazard" no longer makes sense if this ends up being supernatural instead of the usual bio-weapon variety.

Vlaphor

It looks like it's not out in America yet actually. I have PS Plus and I went to the bottom of both pages and there was no demo. Soon hopefullu

eshwaaz

They've really ruined the excitement of the "play the demo NOW" announcement by not getting the demo up and visible right after. This should be splashed all over PSN right now.

Pre-order page is up, and got to this through the Demo section... so maybe it is about to appear?

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...zard/cid=UP0102-CUSA03962_00-BH70000000000001

Says expected release Jan 27.

I love the song in the trailer.

Yea it it, just search for the preorder page on your console.

Yep. Search for Resident Evil 7, click on the deluxe edition, page game, and go all the way to the bottom.

Thanks guys.

Kinsei

Banned
I have to admit, the name "Biohazard" no longer makes sense if this ends up being supernatural instead of the usual bio-weapon variety.

It's probably not supernatural. Why would a bunch of hillbilly ghosts be concerned that
Umbrella might have been watching them?

Nothus

How the fuck do I d/l this off the UK store. I swear it's not there using the app on the console and I can't even get it to work through the website.

Vlaphor

I've tried all of that and no demo. No demo on the Deluxe page, none on the regular page. I'm in the USA and I'm a plus member. I even clicked that link and saw no demo.

pikablu

Maybe the final game will not be first person? I can't see this being anything like previous Resident Evils if it isnt. If it really is then I'd still be interested in playing it, but I'm not sure if I'd enjoy it anywhere near as much. I get that people really wanted a game like PT but why try and copy it for a mainline Resident Evil? Also if the game is in VR it would be strange for it not to be First Person...

I'm on US PSN and I had to search for the entire name and it was down towards the middle of the page.

It looks like it's not out in America yet actually. I have PS Plus and I went to the bottom of both pages and there was no demo. Soon hopefullu

Same. Why the actual fuck can't they organize the damn store better! Preorder bonuses, demos and the like are always a bitch to find.

Scotia

Banned
So, the person you play as in the tape isn't the person you play as during the rest of the demo. You can see that when you find Andre and you fall over, the guy you are playing is wearing a blue t-shirt, but when the guy you play as picks up the phone, you can see that he's wearing a shirt.

Alfrays

Neo Member
I'm impressed you've gotten access to the full game and seen everything that's wrong!

Also how are just how are they different?

Really lots of the groundwork and ui could easily lend itself to a REmake style gameplay.

i'm talking about elements that aren't part of what RE used to be. There is no need to have the entire game. This is not a RE. Maybe it can be a great video game, but it remain a no-RE game.

They are different because i think that old jump scare are made trough context, here there are just random elements that appears because yes.

Nothus

I've tried all of that and no demo. No demo on the Deluxe page, none on the regular page. I'm in the USA and I'm a plus member. I even clicked that link and saw no demo.

I actually found it on the us store. Once you get to the product page just keep pressing down, it will scroll through a few things (product description etc) before you come to the bit where it lets you d/l the demo.

Top Bottom