• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard announced (PC/XB1/PS4), Jan 2017, PS4 demo out now

That's why i said "sort of" reboot, it's clear that capcom is trying to radically change the direction, but evidently for some reason capcom just doesn't want(or can't) cut with the past.

Except not really aside from a new perspective and tonal shift from action . It's still going to involve Zombies as piecing together the demo hints at the house being an entrance to a Family research facility not at all unlike RE1's mansion.

AHA-Lambda

ok now I got another one by
using the switch behind the fireplace right away, getting the fuse instead of a key, going upstairs and answering the phone before getting knocked out again

so that's 2 endings
where is this axe?

I'll be buying. I may be too scared to play it though.

Any word on whether this is part of the existing RE story or are we heading into the reboot-a-tron. I kind of hope it's the latter. This series could be helped by losing some baggage.

Kinsei

Banned
ok now I got another one by
using the switch behind the fireplace right away, getting the fuse instead of a key, going upstairs and answering the phone before getting knocked out again

so that's 2 endings
where is this axe?

When you're in the tape look in the gap to the right of the microwave and crouch to grab a lockpick. Use the lockpick on the locked drawer in the kitchen and the axe will be waiting for you once you return to the present.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I think this is smart as it gives the people who are not necessarily onboard with this style of game to play it and see how it ties into the overall story.

Edit: Don't believe shagg's lies.
Yeah i also think it's a good idea.
Except not really aside from a new perspective and tonal shift from action . It's still going to involve Zombies as piecing together the demo hints at the house being an entrance to a Family research facility not at all unlike RE1's mansion.
Rebooting and changing direction don't need passing from zombies to aliens or whatever ;)

Daffy Duck

where is this axe?

Get the video tape, play the sequence and in the kitchen look in the gap by the microwave, open the locked cupboard on the other side of the table, play through the rest of that scene and then back with the main guy go to the kitchen and now there is an axe in the opened drawer.

Can someone post a link to the PSN demo? I'm in the US

I couldn't find it on the store last night and still can't and I would like to download it while I'm at work today and play later tonight.

Thanks much in advance.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Huh...

0fc1bfbef332b77259fc479e7423c4a1.png

Found the Resident Evil Ambassador thing on ResidentEvil.Net, and when you sign up, you get a link with an ID number with this image.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Trying to avoid spoilers, please, tell me is this available yet in Europe, more specifically Sweden PSN?

They should call it Biohazard in the US this time. It's always been the better name, and at this point the Resident Evil name is sort of synonymous with an endless glut of bad games and movies.

Alfrays

Neo Member
Downloaded the demo, played it two times.
First person view
silent protagonist(or that doesn't talk too much)
no sensed scary stuff
like the manikin that appears behind you without any reason
jump scares(or something that tries to be a jump scare).
Uninstalled the demo.

This is no Resident Evil. Pass

Voorhees

Did they take it off the PSN store? I can get to the page, but it will only let me Add to my Wishlist, there's no option to download it. And yes I am a PS+ member.

RevenWolf

Downloaded the demo, played it two times.
First person view
silent protagonist(or that doesn't talk too much)
no sensed scary stuff
like the manikin that appears behind you without any reason
jump scares(or something that tries to be a jump scare).
Uninstalled the demo.

This is no Resident Evil. Pass

Misses inventory and whole discussion :p

And are you actually implying jump scares weren't a part of resident evil?

If we we end up having weapons in the game, I don't see why this couldn't happen. It's pretty much a tradition for the series.
You'll have weapons, you probably aren't going to get a fucking rocket launcher for the cheesy action/b horror movie finish. If there is a rocket launcher it probably won't be used like you think it will.

2 questions please

1. How long is the demo?
2. How many jump scares, i need to have enough spare pants ready

Thanks

If you go by what the game wants you to think is its natural progression its

15 mins
4 or 5

However, it seems like there is way more to this demo than what we think, so no one really knows what the final playtime or scare tally is.

You'll have weapons, you probably aren't going to get a fucking rocket launcher for the cheesy action/b horror movie finish. If there is a rocket launcher it probably won't be used like you think it will.

How else will it be used then, if not to blow something up?

I mean it's not like I need it to be in or anything; I just think keeping that nod to the series in there would be a nice touch.

Alfrays

Neo Member
Misses inventory and whole discussion :p

And are you actually implying jump scares weren't a part of resident evil?

the inventory doesn't save the mess they did with all the rest.

It's a different kind of jump scare, nothing that belongs to the series.

Resident Evil's been a bit on the silly side from the very beginning - let's not forget the shark, the building-sized plant, or the bee puzzle - and it's always been action-heavy. The last thing I want is for the series to suddenly start chasing Amnesia, Outlast, or (god help us) P.T.

Kevin Atomic

Neo Member
Currently seems a little weird that this is a RE title (and in Japan will it be called Biohazard Biohazard?). But, it is awesome to see something like P.T coming from a large studio and I hope this is just pure scary fun. Definitely ready for more.

Kinsei

Banned
2 questions please

1. How long is the demo?
2. How many jump scares, i need to have enough spare pants ready

Thanks

There aren't that many jump scares (two maybe three total?). The game tries to scare you via the atmosphere rather than just jumping out and yelling boo. I personally felt that it was very effective (I played it at 4AM in total darkness with headphones on) but naturally your mileage may vary.

Sayad

There is a weapon in the demo and there is aim assist in the options. It's not a "walking simulator", the demo just happens to be before you get a gun.
I know about the weapon(more like a tool, so far), demo isn't representative of the final game is what I'm saying.

RevenWolf

the inventory doesn't save the mess they did with all the rest.

It's a different kind of jump scare, nothing that belongs to the series.

I'm impressed you've gotten access to the full game and seen everything that's wrong!

Also how are just how are they different?

Really lots of the groundwork and ui could easily lend itself to a REmake style gameplay.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
If you spawn the mannequin by the stairs, it will change the phone convo. That's the trigger. Spawn it,.and you get the memories line. Do not, and you get the choices line.

Top Bottom