• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

Vibranium

Banned
Carcinogen just said "This game is really awesome. I actually think Capcom outdid themselves with this one".

We've got a winner here, boys. I trust Carci's opinion when it comes to the RE series more than almost anyone else.

Carcinogen's word is law. The guy has played every single Resident Evil game ever made so I trust him. Though I loved The Evil Within so I'm different there.

He even played Gaiden and Gun Survivor 2 CODE Veronica! I don't know how how he didn't fall asleep though.

tesqui

Carcinogen just said "This game is really awesome. I actually think Capcom outdid themselves with this one".

We've got a winner here, boys. I trust Carci's opinion when it comes to the RE series more than almost anyone else.

I'm glad he likes it! He didn't have nearly as kind things to say about Evil Within so I half trust his opinion.

hughesta

Banned
can't waitttt. wanna give huge props to Dusk Golem for not only this wonderful OT, but for helping provide accurate and up-to-date info on the game ever since its announcement.

you're dope

Carcinogen's word is law. The guy has played every single Resident Evil game ever made so I trust him.

He even played Gaiden and Gun Survivor 2 CODE Veronica!

He didn't just "play" them, either, which is why I respect him. For a lot of the games, he knows them inside and out. I remember him explaining the mathematical facts regarding whether a zombie lunges and grabs you or not in RE3, for example.

can't waitttt. wanna give huge props to Dusk Golem for not only this wonderful OT, but for helping provide accurate and up-to-date info on the game ever since its announcement.

you're dope

Psst....hey....Dusk didn't make the OT, haha. But yeah, I'm pretty sure Dusk singlehandedly changed many minds about this game on this forum.

Mendrox

game almost killed me in VR. :( never was I so afraid in my whole life and I experienced some shit and love me some horror, but this? big no no. already too real with the 3D sound too.

will let my mum play through it cause she loves that shit and we also bought it together lol. Will sadly take some time with visiting my parents and all but will be nice. she will train beforehand.

Bought the game on PS4 Pro but I'm still debating whether or not to Play it on big screen or wait and play on PSVR when I get it (I don't have PSVR).

Help me Gaf, Is it worth to wait for VR or should I go in without it.

Will playing in the dark with headphones be too much?

The sound design in this game is beyond incredible. I'm just playing using the TV speakers (virtual surround) and the ambience caused by all the background noise is almost too much. Something sounded like it banged on a wall I was walking by - just once, like something falling over in another room - and I nearly shit myself.

Playing this in VR would kill me.

what-ok

The sound design in this game is beyond incredible. I'm just playing using the TV speakers (virtual surround) and the ambience caused by all the background noise is almost too much. Something sounded like it banged on a wall I was walking by - just once, like something falling over in another room - and I nearly shit myself.

Gulp. Nervous.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait. I revisited the demo yesterday and was impressed again by the tone of the house. Can't wait to see what they've done with the full game.

Question for those who've played: is this game reasonably playable with a steam controller, or does it occasionally need precision aiming?

Damn, I can't wait to play this thing on my system. The demo alone was intense as hell whenever sounds coming from another floor of the house were heard. I actually paused it and thought "Huh, that legit sounded like it was above me."

game almost killed me in VR. :( never was I so afraid in my whole life and I experienced some shit and love me some horror, but this? big no no. already too real with the 3D sound too.

will let my mum play through it cause she loves that shit and we also bought it together lol. Will sadly take some time with visiting my parents and all but will be nice. she will train beforehand.

Your mom is gonna play RE7, that's awesome. If my mom played videogames, I'd take footage especially playing VR.

Curufinwe

I'll try again...

has anyone who pre-ordered the PS4 disc version got their Survival Pack DLC code by email yet?

Best Buy got me the game today, but I don't want to start until I get the DLC.

I'll try again...

has anyone who pre-ordered the PS4 disc version got their Survival Pack DLC code by email yet?

Best Buy got me the game today, but I don't want to start until I get the DLC.

Yeah I got mine a couple of days ago. Double check your email because it shouldve been sent out already.

I feel I will be the last person to play this game with all the early impressions. Well finically tonight I return to the world of survival horror. Exciting times.

Yama, post your thoughts.

Fox1304

Played about an hour on ps4pro in VR.
On daytime it's less impressive visually. But inside and by night, it's beautiful.
Very easy to play (my GF managed to play with the pie controls), really immersive and scary.
Damn that house makes a lot of wood noises :D

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

So, made it to second boss on Madhouse difficulty. Man... I'm hurting here. Did anyone that went through this mode find it get easier to handle?

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I should probably try to finish my knife-only run in REmake before this unlocks, i won't have time to play anything else for a time.

Should I absolutely play this with VR? I feel like if I played this on a standard PS4, I would be robbed of the game's intended effect on me, of its intended gameplay.

MrBS

Nice OT! Preloaded and ready to go. I hooked up my PSVR back up to my Pro last night so I'll be ready to go as soon as I get home from work tonight. Excite!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im still baffled why this unlocks at 4am UK time

renzolama

I'm automatically deducting 5 points from my personal-in-my-own-head review because Capcom didn't go with a release timing that allowed me to unlock the game on steam 18 hours early via vpn. Game is literally unplayable (until it's official global release time)!

ISee

Should I absolutely play this with VR? I feel like if I played this on a standard PS4, I would be robbed of the game's intended effect on me, of its intended gameplay.

It's not like the game is bad on a TV/Display and afaik VR was added in after development started also IQ isn't great on base PS4 in VR mode, but that's another story.
In the end it's up to you and VR will definitely change your experience, but it's not mandatory imo.

itschris

Are there any in-depth comparisons of the different versions of RE7, specifically PS4 vs PS4 Pro? I'm hearing the difference between the two versions is significant, but I have a hard making anything out with YouTube compression and whatnot. Is the base PS4 version still a good experience? That's mainly what I want to know.

Well, I don't have a Pro to compare, but it's been awesome so far on my regular PS4! It looks great, and I haven't noticed any framerate drops. I took some uncompressed screenshots - I'll just link them in case people don't want to see anything from the game before playing it themselves (all from the first hour):

https://abload.de/img/residentevil7biohazarbnyrp.png
https://abload.de/img/residentevil7biohazarg5yzj.png
https://abload.de/img/residentevil7biohazarvyb56.png
https://abload.de/img/residentevil7biohazar4vanr.png
https://abload.de/img/residentevil7biohazarpcz1c.png
https://abload.de/img/residentevil7biohazar5ulet.png
https://abload.de/img/residentevil7biohazarmqbv8.png

EDIT: Oops, didn't notice that imgur converted most of my PNGs to JPEGs. Fixed!

Is there anywhere I can read the plot and stuff? I don't mind being spoiled. I'm just curious to how it connects to all the other RE games or if any old characters show up.

In celebration of the countdown to release this evening, I'm getting my kitchen squeaky-clean

re7-bigger-pic-625x347.jpg

Totally not because I'm going to be so enthralled with the game that I won't be able to focus on anything else...

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I really want to play this but I know I'm too chicken.

I'm quite tempted to get this but its hard to justify with the way prices have been dropping recently. Dunno whether to shop around for a low price tomorrow or give it a month. Problem is should I wait there's a good chance I'll catch more than I want to know through Easy Allies

Top Bottom