• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

New RE7 poster btw, seems copies of RE7 and promotional materials have started arriving at stores.

FfYhChg.jpg

Finally, gun confirmed!

Mr_Zombie

Oh and I said it back then and I'll say it now - fuck Ada's new design. It's a completely different character, it hurts.

What? No! RE6 Ada is beautiful! I love her design and her look. Actually, I never was a fan of RE4 era Ada. However, just like Charlouie Jonesman said, her character and "not now" shtick is awful. During Ada's campaign I really, really wanted her to finally shut up, since she was constantly commenting everything around her with that "I'm so cool and collected and awesome" attitude :|

It's more fun the more familiar you are with the campaigns because all the bullshit is easy to avoid, you just gotta know how first.

Yep, that's what I think too. When you know when and what kind of shit (literally) the game will throw at you, know what you have to do (I remember the last fight with Simmons and having no idea how to beat him) and know what moments will suck... the game is much more bearable and it let you focus on things that are actually fun.

The revelations games aren't the best from a gameplay perspective but if you like the characters and settings from the games before 5 there's still a lot to like in them. The cutscenes and voice acting are actually better than any of the mainline games

Nope.

Voice acting has been decent in the series ever since RE4, so I can't really say whether Rev2 VA is better or not (it didn't strike me as anything special). However, when it comes to cut-scenes executions RE6 and definitely RE5 highly exceeds Rev2. It doesn't really help that most of important cut-scenes in Rev2 are CGI with a really weird uncanny valley effect. Claire especially has that dead stare on her face.

RE5 and 6 (and, for its time, RE4) characters are much more lively, much more natural looking and moving.

Speaking of cut-scenes, I rewatched RE5 cut-scenes recently and I noticed that there are very few static shots there. The camera is very dynamic, in most scenes it moves almost constantly, even if it's just a slight and slow movement. They also went crazy with non-standard camera angles. I'm sure that's the effect of that virtual camera system Capcom made for RE5, but it's weird that RE6 and Revelations games - all that were released after RE5 - don't have that effect; they seem scaled back in that aspect.

What? No! RE6 Ada is beautiful! I love her design and her look. Actually, I never was a fan of RE4 era Ada. However, just like Charlouie Jonesman said, her character and "not now" shtick is awful. During Ada's campaign I really, really wanted her to finally shut up, since she was constantly commenting everything around her with that "I'm so cool and collected and awesome" attitude :|

I'll vouch, Ada's and most of the other character's designs are the best things to come from RE6. I actually think Leon and Helena are pretty stylin' in particular.

re66001.jpg

Now I'm a little confused why they were wearing this sort of gear on a commercial flight but idk

leon_and_helena___resident_evil_6_by_sparrow_leon-d5owj29.jpg

That said fuck RE6 even if they did ONE cool thing

Vibranium

Banned
I still really like RE2 Leon (except for voice acting, which was fixed with Paul Mercier in Darkside Chronicles). His RE2 art (non-CG cutscenes) looks really neat with shorter hair.

I wonder if Matt Mercer will voice him in RE2make or if Capcom will do one of their trademark VA changes.

Finally tried out the updated RE7 demo. Didn't manage to find the gun and got killed by the creature...but damn even this slightly longer form version has really shown what sort of promise the main game holds. It really feels like a good balance of classic RE and new direction, and they've really nailed the atmosphere. Probably the scariest RE has ever managed to be tbh.

24th can't get here soon enough.

Speaking of the demo, on Beyond! Alanah Pearce mentioned that Capcom devs said there's a quicker way to beat the demo and that something has yet to be discovered by the players.

Unless they meant the depths of code to uncover on PC, I'm not sure what else there would be or if this was a misunderstanding.

Jawmuncher

Speaking of the demo, on Beyond! Alanah Pearce mentioned that Capcom devs said there's a quicker way to beat the demo and that something has yet to be discovered by the players.

Unless they meant the depths of code to uncover on PC, I'm not sure what else there would be or if this was a misunderstanding.

Had to be a misunderstanding. The datamine literally gave all the steps required for the coin. I think someone would have seen something else by now.

Had to be a misunderstanding. The datamine literally gave all the steps required for the coin. I think someone would have seen something else by now.

She probably mistook the cut the press played being referenced for Beginning Hour, even though that seems like that would be hard to confuse if the subject of fans/regular players is being discussed.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So with Resident Evil 7 being my most anticipated game currently, here's a random theory.

Capcom was doing a lot of media stuff for RE7 in December, but have been mostly quiet in January. Here we are 13 days from when RE7 is supposed to launch, and they are being quiet as a mouse on the game right now.

What if the reason they're being so strangely quiet when the game is out in less than two weeks is because RE7 will be at the Switch reveal with a new trailer? That would make a lot more sense in context to why they're being so quiet right now, more so than they were being in December, and would be good exposure for them if that was their plan.

Just throwing that out there for a potential Switch reveal. If you've been following RE7, you probably know how oddly quite Capcom have been despite the fact the game is less than two weeks away from launch.

Wanted to sort of post it even though I'm kind of only 50/50 on believing it's a possibility myself because of the Switch reveal tonight and wanted to see if this ends up being right or me being silly and overthinking things.

So with Resident Evil 7 being my most anticipated game currently, here's a random theory.

Capcom was doing a lot of media stuff for RE7 in December, but have been mostly quiet in January. Here we are 13 days from when RE7 is supposed to launch, and they are being quiet as a mouse on the game right now.

What if the reason they're being so strangely quiet when the game is out in less than two weeks is because RE7 will be at the Switch reveal with a new trailer? That would make a lot more sense in context to why they're being so quiet right now, more so than they were being in December, and would be good exposure for them if that was their plan.

Just throwing that out there for a potential Switch reveal. If you've been following RE7, you probably know how oddly quite Capcom have been despite the fact the game is less than two weeks away from launch.

Wanted to sort of post it even though I'm kind of only 50/50 on believing it's a possibility myself because of the Switch reveal tonight and wanted to see if this ends up being right or me being silly and overthinking things.

Is the Switch strong enough to run RE7? I haven't been following it closely, but I thought I read it was only a little stronger than PS3/360 levels? Am I wrong there?

Is the Switch strong enough to run RE7? I haven't been following it closely, but I thought I read it was only a little stronger than PS3/360 levels? Am I wrong there?

Well, what if the game was brought to VR level of IQ? That would likely work. One of the big perks of RE Engine is that it seems quite scaleable.

I'm not all in the know on Switch specs, so this is just a shot in the dark.

Mr_Zombie

I dunno, RE7 on Switch... Given the power comparison and the release date (do we even know when will Switch be released?) I really doubt anyone is (would be) that interested in RE7 on Nintendo Switch. It really wouldn't justify going silent with a marketing campaign for a game that's going to be released in 2 weeks.

derFeef

I finally played the RE7 teaser and got the bad ending. Will play again. While I liked what I played, I still have many questions what this is. Is is 20 hours of this? Is it chaning up a bit? Does it tie into the main storyline? Is it crazy/cheesy enough to be RE?
Also it does not at all feel like a back to the roots, at least to me. It's something completely different.

(this has probably been discussed a thousand times in several different threads... but I just did not want to dig too deep because of spoilers etc.)

Mr_Zombie

The game is said to be 14-16 hours long.

I doubt the final game will have those obscure puzzles that depend on finding the right dependency or clicking everywhere; it's fine for a short demo, where your intention is to get the whole communities to sit down and work the puzzles together. But shooting random object in a larger area in hope to hear a giggle isn't really my idea of fun.

I think the demo was rather meant to show you the atmosphere, the VHS idea (there will be more of this VHS "mini-games" in the full game), interaction with items and puzzles (manipulating objects so that they are positioned in certain way) and fighting mechanics (plus showing that now you are vulnerable as Rebecca in RE0). I expect more classic RE puzzles than those from the demo.

That said, I hate to say that, but while I liked the demo I really disliked the fighting segment. I hate first person fighting in claustrophobic rooms, especially when you have to rely on melee weapons. The fight starts to get really chaotic :/

I dunno, RE7 on Switch... Given the power comparison and the release date (do we even know when will Switch be released?) I really doubt anyone is (would be) that interested in RE7 on Nintendo Switch. It really wouldn't justify going silent with a marketing campaign for a game that's going to be released in 2 weeks.

Gamestop has fliers up for March 2017, so only be two months at most. Not that out there I guess.

Jawmuncher

The RE 3.5 demo was pretty cool. Not lying when I say I liked it more than the Beginning Hour demo. It just appealed better to my sensibilities. Though obviously I know that such a style as RE 3.5 would not work as a mainline new title.

Doing a playthrough of Resi 4 and I still dislike the island part.

That was my initial opinion the first 20 something times through the game, but lately the Castle is the one that is an issue. The pacing just doesn't feel as on point as the other two sections, even if the moment to moment in the Castle are better than the Island.

dlauv

Honestly the spoiler makes no sense. As funny as it would be, it would be the narrative equivalent of an unprovoked nut shot and doesn't seem to gel with what has been datamined of the narrative.

strafer

Honestly the spoiler makes no sense. As funny as it would be, it would be the narrative equivalent of an unprovoked nut shot and doesn't seem to gel with what has been datamined of the narrative.

Yeah, I just saw that spoiler myself and I hope to god it's not true.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Considering U.K. Doesn't run into censoring stuff like Germany. You'd be better off going that route regardless.
Its Uncut here anyway. Violence is no issue anymore.
UK version is 10€ cheaper but I am not sure if To buy it because there can be DLC compantiblity issues

Man, why does this game have to come out the exact same day as Yakuza 0. I would like to get this as it comes out, but I feel like the Yakuza series is in more need of sales than this. (Also, not really knowing much of this game and whether I'll enjoy it. I guess that's one of the upsides of waiting.)

Jawmuncher

Man, why does this game have to come out the exact same day as Yakuza 0. I would like to get this as it comes out, but I feel like the Yakuza series is in more need of sales than this. (Also, not really knowing much of this game and whether I'll enjoy it. I guess that's one of the upsides of waiting.)

Technically you should be asking why Yakuza has to come out the same day. Capcom had the date on lock first, and sega for whatever reason thought it was a good idea.

T.O.P

Banned
Donnow where else to ask, any help for a funny OT title for the new RE movie?

Please don't hate me, i like (
fuckin love
) the movies as well :|

Zambatoh

So as I posted in the Code Madman thread, there are apparently two routes in the demo you can follow, which begins the moment you shut off the radio.

Route A - Involves picking up the doll after shutting off the radio.

Route B - Involves going straight to the exit after shutting off the radio.

Both routes end with you
knifing the invisible manikin, but at least in Route B, Leon monologues about the Hookman.

Very interesting fan project overall.

Top Bottom