• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

Psxphile

If you already used it in A, it's still useful in B, because then, in B, zombies will *only* burst through the windows in the area you used the cable in.

Ah, that's right. I'm currently replaying RE2 and made the mistake of forgetting to place the cable in A. Then in B I compounded that mistake by entering the library before finding the cable.

Zombies. Zombies EVERYWHERE.

While we're at it, here's a little detail affected by the A scenario that I only learned about very recently. If you don't kill zombie Marvin in scenario A, he's still walking among the regular zombie cops in B, it's totally inconsequential but a neat detail nonetheless.

Psxphile

While we're at it, here's a little detail affected by the A scenario that I only learned about very recently. If you don't kill zombie Marvin in scenario A, he's still walking among the regular zombie cops in B, it's totally inconsequential but a neat detail nonetheless.

Ah, I love shit like that. Naturally I never experienced it because Marvin's such an easy kill. Poor bastard.

Ludens

Banned
Man, I wonder what you're doing wrong, because Darkside Chronicles isn't hard. I played it with a regular controller (DualShock3) and no changes in options. You know you can stop bosses from attacking by shooting them in the head, right? Also, if you find yourself unable to beat a boss, you can simply grind a few earlier missions for gold to upgrade your guns. And I hope you know this, but since some people don't... you can use healing herbs to refill your health. Just tap L1. You also have a knife you can swipe by holding R2 and flicking the stick. I think the game mentions this in the manual, but otherwise doesn't tell you about it. It's useful for clearing roaches/spiders off the screen. Also, don't worry about accuracy. There is no accuracy rating, and handgun ammo is unlimited, so I'd focus on upgrading your handgun. I beat the entire game with it!

Yah, it's what I'm doing. The game plays exactly like Umbrella Chronicles. The big issue for me is the fact the screen shakes too much, I can't aim properly, like at all. When I'm facing Mister X, I know shooting him on the head should stop him, but half my bullets hit thin air because the screen moves too much.

Also the fact you are "forced" to grind old levels for ammo/gold is awful :(

It's a shame because I really like the game.

Nudull

Banned
So, Umbrella Chronicles!

I expected House of the Dead: Resident Evil Edition, and that was pretty much what I got. In that case, it's a damn fun light gun shooter. Blew through the RE0 portion, and GAF wasn't kidding about the difficulty. Screw that last boss and its microscopic hitbox. >.<

Ludens

Banned
So, Umbrella Chronicles!

I expected House of the Dead: Resident Evil Edition, and that was pretty much what I got. In that case, it's a damn fun light gun shooter. Blew through the RE0 portion, and GAF wasn't kidding about the difficulty. Screw that last boss and its microscopic hitbox. >.<

RE0, RE1 and RE3 are easy, pretty much. You can die in and there, but usually you will pass the section with no problem. The last episode, otherwise, is brutal, expecially the last boss.

Pre-ordered the physical PS4 version of RE6 from Amazon. Was it recently added to retailers' sites? Searched a few days ago and couldn't find it. Also, I'm pleasantly surprised there isn't an upcharge for the disc version compared to digital. Good shit, Capcom.

23 days HYPE

Mr_Zombie

edit: Examining Leon's body says the wound doesn't appear to be mortal -- I guess that helps, lol

But leaving a bleeding, unconscious man with a fresh bullet wound in his chest in a place infested with zombies and monsters is still reckless... and stupid.

Also, Ada putting a bandage on top of Leon's clothes is still hilarious. I wonder if she ever took the bullet out of his body.

Jawmuncher

Pre-ordered the physical PS4 version of RE6 from Amazon. Was it recently added to retailers' sites? Searched a few days ago and couldn't find it. Also, I'm pleasantly surprised there isn't an upcharge for the disc version compared to digital. Good shit, Capcom.

23 days HYPE

Yep the price being the same as digital is what caved me in. No upcharge on it and released the same day is great. Seems more companies this gen are liking budget releases again. Last gen aside from 40 dollar HD collections seemed rare for budget 20 fare of any kind.

0OoO0

Just spent the weekend finishing RE Revelations and then immediately started playing the last 2 chapters of the Jake campaign in RE6. I actually prefer RE6, the graphics and gameplay seems to be better!

Jawmuncher

Just spent the weekend finishing RE Revelations and then immediately started playing the last 2 chapters of the Jake campaign in RE6. I actually prefer RE6, the graphics and gameplay seems to be better!

They are much better. Though obviously the two games try to do something different. Some people love Revelations 1&2 more than 5&6. shame the series has such a contention of fans. So long as Capcom keeps the action coming I'm good, so hopefully they continue with trying to make every fanbase happy. Since With this upcoming REmake2 and more than likely another revelations title along with 7. I really feel like that's what they want to do.

Sadist

Are you playing the game with a controller or Wiimote/PS Move?

While the hitbox is still small, I found using the Wiimote was so much better.

And stop it Neiteio, want to play RE 2 now :p

So I'm having a hard time with REmake even on Easy mode. I don't know why, I cleared RE2, 3 without any problem but not with this. Is Chris's campaign supposed to be harder than Jill's?

Jawmuncher

So I'm having a hard time with REmake even on Easy mode. I don't know why, I cleared RE2, 3 without any problem but not with this. Is Chris's campaign supposed to be harder than Jill's?

He is more or less the harder choice. The fewer inventory slots either add more backtracking or less items for health/offense for the player. However he can thankfully take more damage than Jill.

RSB

Banned
Yah, it's what I'm doing. The game plays exactly like Umbrella Chronicles. The big issue for me is the fact the screen shakes too much, I can't aim properly, like at all. When I'm facing Mister X, I know shooting him on the head should stop him, but half my bullets hit thin air because the screen moves too much.

Also the fact you are "forced" to grind old levels for ammo/gold is awful :(

It's a shame because I really like the game.
Yeah, that was by far my biggest issue with Darkside Chronicles. In fact, I didn't even finish the game because of it, way too annoying. A shame, because I really liked Umbrella Chronicles (played both on the Wii)

He is more or less the harder choice. The fewer inventory slots either add more backtracking or less items for health/offense for the player. However he can thankfully take more damage than Jill.

He's also faster and has a higher critical hit rate. Plus, much better defense items and his lighter doesn't take up inventory space. And he gets some free healing throughout the game. Jill might still be the better choice for beginners, just for not having to backtrack that much if you don't know what you're doing, but I wouldn't really call her outright easier like in the Original.

Mr_Zombie

So I started playing Umbrella Chronicles. Previously I only played it in small bites at my friends' house, so I could have never really dig into it. I remember when I first saw it I despised it just for the sake of how low-budget it looked, how bad voice actors sounded (Rebecca's kiddie voice and DC Douglas sounding like a fake Richard Waugh... ugh), how bastardized the scenario were and on and on. However, now that I can play it on my own, I like it. It's not perfect - those things I mentioned still hold true - but the game itself is fun. As a game I certainly prefer it to the Darkside Chronicles which - while having better presentation overall and better scenarios - sacrifices gameplay for experience with its shaky cam, scripted sequences and long sequences of characters just walking and talking in order to build the tension.

However, the addition of Sergei and that disco Tyrant (Ivan)... You can easily notice they were added just for this game since they simply don't fit here, at all. Both those characters are so over the top, with Ivan's design being really cheesy (especially when you compare it to the Prototype Tyrant you were fighting several minutes before) and Sergei looking and acting like your stereotypical Russian general from a bad anime. And that knife that he licks - so "bad ass".

Mr_Zombie

You decide:
LgROk3P.jpg

Jawmuncher

He looks like he belongs in power rangers.
The funniest thing is they could have just went for two Mr.X and just kept the different jackets for them. But no these shades are NEEDED. Sometimes I really wish I could find out the reasonings.

I'm sure it's some bullshit like it enhances control of the BOS or something. But it could have looked not so laughable.

joe2187

Banned
The funniest thing is they could have just went for two Mr.X and just kept the different jackets for them. But no these shades are NEEDED. Sometimes I really wish I could find out the reasonings.

I'm sure it's some bullshit like it enhances control of the BOS or something. But it could have looked not so laughable.

My Sunglasses are custom made,...Nothing but the best for you new god.

4047932-2977476314-rmik1.jpg

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Someone created that, stood up from their workstation, grinned and said, "This is DOPE".

Therefore, on some level, it belongs in RE. Gotta take the good with the bad.

Ludens

Banned
Today I started Code Veronica X. I was playing Darkside Chronicles, but since I don't remember CV plot very well (played it only once on DC), I decided to go with it now.

The fact is, I'm having a very hard time with it.
I always said CV, for me, was the hardest RE at all, but now I'm having even a worse time than my DC run.

I'm avoiding as many enemies as I can, but even by doing so, I'm costanlty without ammo.
I have 35 bullets for my handgun, 84% of SMG, around 100 bows for the Bow Gun, and no healing items. I'm in danger status because I fought a boss, now I'm stucked into the room where you take the eagle emblem with said status and no way to recover my health.

I'm following this guide:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/445328-resident-evil-code-veronica-x/faqs/11618

and the BIG problem is, I can't find many of the items reported here. Just a stupid example: as soon as you leave the prison, in the screen with the jeep and the boxes, in this guide are listed two herbs and one ammo pack. I retrieved only the ammo pack.

Later some ammo in some lockets are listed too, but I found none. When you fight the bandersnatch, the guide here says you only need three bow gun to kill him: I spent 20 on it.

I can't see difficulty options at all, so I think the game was partially changed? Now is even harder than DC version :(

joe2187

Banned
Today I started Code Veronica X. I was playing Darkside Chronicles, but since I don't remember CV plot very well (played it only once on DC), I decided to go with it now.

The fact is, I'm having a very hard time with it.
I always said CV, for me, was the hardest RE at all, but now I'm having even a worse time than my DC run.

I'm avoiding as many enemies as I can, but even by doing so, I'm costanlty without ammo.
I have 35 bullets for my handgun, 84% of SMG, around 100 bows for the Bow Gun, and no healing items. I'm in danger status because I fought a boss, now I'm stucked into the room where you take the eagle emblem with said status and no way to recover my health.

I'm following this guide:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/445328-resident-evil-code-veronica-x/faqs/11618

and the BIG problem is, I can't find many of the items reported here. Just a stupid example: as soon as you leave the prison, in the screen with the jeep and the boxes, in this guide are listed two herbs and one ammo pack. I retrieved only the ammo pack.

Later some ammo in some lockets are listed too, but I found none. When you fight the bandersnatch, the guide here says you only need three bow gun to kill him: I spent 20 on it.

I can't see difficulty options at all, so I think the game was partially changed? Now is even harder than DC version :(

As far as I know the version used in the port was the DC version, so besides it being ported to a new engine not much has changed.

Also the key to combat in RECVX is the Knife.

Yes the fucking knife.

When you get a knockdown on a zombie or enemy, run in on those fuckers and knife the summabitches on the ground. The knife in RECVX is OP as fuck.

zeemumu

So, Umbrella Chronicles!

I thought that game was a bit more difficult than any of the House of the Dead games that I've played but I enjoyed the levels more. I liked the added dialogue in the 4th survivor (HUNK gives no shits and never will) and Wesker's air combat.

I should get around to Darkside Chronicles eventually.

Ludens

Banned
As far as I know the version used in the port was the DC version, so besides it being ported to a new engine not much has changed.

Also the key to combat in RECVX is the Knife.

Yes the fucking knife.

When you get a knockdown on a zombie or enemy, run in on those fuckers and knife the summabitches on the ground. The knife in RECVX is OP as fuck.

It's exactly what I'm doing, putting down a zombie, killing it with the knife. But I can't explain why in my games there are so many missing items and even the boss went down with 20 bows instead of 3 :l I remember on DC I also killed a BOSS with a knife.

Does the game has adaptive difficulty? Also, is there a way to adopt a different pad configuration? Because X is for run, Square to grab items and shoot, I'm not comfortable with this scheme but I can't change configuration.

I need to reach a box into a safe room because I stored a First aid spray in it, but I need to do that without being hit once. Dunno if possible.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Here's a curious question, favorite and least favorite Tryant (and Tyrant-like monsters) designs? There's been quite a few throughout the series, I'll be honest the Tyrant monster I never used to be all that fond of, but it's grown on me since I've played most of the series now, and seen all the different forms and design of Tyrant (and Tyrant-like creatures).

So, here's the question, which Tyrant designs are your guy's favorite and least favorite?

(If anyone is really crazy, I'd be morbidly curious how one may rank their designs as well)

---
Proto Tyrant (T-001 Model) (Resident Evil Zero)
---
Tyrant (T-002 Model) (Resident Evil 1/REmake)
---
Gold Tyrant (Non-Canon Tyrant that only existed in the SEGA Saturn version of RE1's Battle Mode)
---
T-103 'Form 1' "Mr. X" (From Resident Evil 2, but it's probably the most re-occurring Tyrant)
---
T-103 'Form 2' (From Resident Evil 2)
--
Nemesis-T Type 'Form 1' (Resident Evil 3: Nemesis)
---
Nemesis-T Type 'Form 2' (Resident Evil 3: Nemesis)
---
Nemesis-T Type 'Form 3' (Resident Evil 3: Nemesis)
---
T-078 'T-103 Mass Production Type' (Resident Evil: Code Veronica)
---
Bandersnatch (Resident Evil: Code Veronica)
---
Hypnos-T Type 'Form 1' (Resident Evil: Survivor)
---
Hypnos-T Type 'Form 2' (Resident Evil: Survivor)
---
Hypnos-T Type 'Form 3' (Resident Evil: Survivor)
---
Tyrant 091 (Resident Evil: Dead aim)
---
Pluto 'Fat Tyrant' (Resident Evil: Dead Aim... Not actually a Tyrant I don't think, but was given the nickname and is easily comparable)
---
Morpheus (Resident Evil: Dead Aim ; another one that's not a Tyrant, but is obviously a Tyrant-like creature)
---
Tyrant R (Resident Evil Outbreak)
---
Thanatos 'Form 1' (Resident Evil Outbreak)
---
Thanatos 'Form 2' (Resident Evil Outbreak)
---
Ivan (Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles)
---
T.A.L.O.S. "Tyrant-Armored Lethal Organic System" Form 1 (Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles)
---
T.A.L.O.S. "Tyrant-Armored Lethal Organic System" Form 2 (Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles)
---
"Russian Tyrant" (Resident Evil Damnation... It doesn't have a name, despite looking very much like a T-03 type)
---
Jack Norman 'Ultimate Abyss' (Resident Evil Revelations, not a Tyrant, but it looks a lot like one and a lot of its attacks are similar to the Tyrant from RE1)
---
Neil 'Mutated' (Resident Evil Revelations 2... Also not a Tyrant, but Tyrant-like, and seems like Capcom unofficially doing that Tyrant x Uroboros thing they originally wanted to do in RE5)
---
Parasite Tyrant T-103 (Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City 'Spec Ops DLC'... It's a Tyrant that gets attack and infested with parasites)
---

I will be curious if anyone takes the time to think and respond to this.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Here's a curious question, favorite and least favorite Tryant (and Tyrant-like monsters) designs? There's been quite a few throughout the series, I'll be honest the Tyrant monster I never used to be all that fond of, but it's grown on me since I've played most of the series now, and seen all the different forms and design of Tyrant (and Tyrant-like creatures).

So, here's the question, which Tyrant designs are your guy's favorite and least favorite?

(If anyone is really crazy, I'd be morbidly curious how one may rank their designs as well)

*snip*

I'm always partial to Mr. X and the "013" Tyrants from Damnation, though I really liked Monster Neil's whole Uroboros thing, especially gameplay-wise. (I liked that they kept the heat/fire weakness from other Uroboros creatures.)

I'm not crazy enough to rank them, tho.

Jawmuncher

Nothing beats Nemesis Form 1 for me. Still the best BOW of the series for me. Really loved his design and how even though he was a monster, he still had higher functioning.

However I have a soft spot for Hypno T-Type Form 3. Since it's the reverse, thing was a straight monster and I just love the hunched over and huge claw design.

Heyya guys, I never post in here but I'm gonna start RE0 today (I know everyone's favorite). I'm wondering what the difficulty is like on this game? I usually play on easy because I'm terrible at survival horror and just really love the atmosphere, thanks for any advice!

braves01

Banned
Heyya guys, I never post in here but I'm gonna start RE0 today (I know everyone's favorite). I'm wondering what the difficulty is like on this game? I usually play on easy because I'm terrible at survival horror and just really love the atmosphere, thanks for any advice!

I think it's one of the harder REs.

It's hard to pick, so many of them have great designs. I think I'll go with Code Veronica's T-078 'T-103 Mass Production Type as my favorite though. Something about is just really classic and memorable to me, although it's also one of the most frustrating tyrant fights. Least favorite would to TALOS - way too robotic looking, I just can't take it seriously within the context of RE.

Your (great) post reminded me I still need to go play Survivor... Hypnos form 2 and 3 designs look so awesome. Back when I was in high school I used to spend hours just reading the wikis about the different BOW's in the series, and the tyrants in particular always fascinated me. There's something very unnerving about how they've retained much of their original human look compared to zombies and the other creatures in the series.

Ludens

Banned
Managed to pass that part on CV. I needed to avoid 5 dogs, a giant worm, two bandersnatches and three zombies without getting a single hit. This game is unforgiving. RE0 is hard too, but you can go with easy difficulty if you want, here you are stucked into one difficulty and good luck with it.

Top Bottom