• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

Has there been anymore news on RE6 for PS4/XB1? Like is there any chance of any new content at all? Some new costumes and the ability to use costumes in campaign would be great.

Has there been anymore news on RE6 for PS4/XB1? Like is there any chance of any new content at all? Some new costumes and the ability to use costumes in campaign would be great.

Nope, Capcom only announced they will get released on XB1/PS4, nothing else.
I think they will announce it close to release.

Nudull

Banned
God, I hope RE7s reveal turns out to be something awesome, at least visually and story-wise. The initial RE6 trailers got me so hyped with shit hitting the fan worldwide, new characters and Sherry's return.

And include a moment where you're sliiiiiiiiiiiiding across the ground and a dog runs by, and you stop mid-slide and say "HEY IT'S THAT DOG"

Now you got me hyped about sliding! RE7 should totally have an enemy that swings at you horizontally with a big arm or something. But the catch is that it has a weak spot in its back - encouraging players to slide under the arm sweep, then immediately reverse the slide 180 degrees and light 'em up for massive damage!

You get that one for free, Capcom ;)

Neiteio

Now you got me hyped about sliding! RE7 should totally have an enemy that swings at you horizontally with a big arm or something. But the catch is that it has a weak spot in its back - encouraging players to slide under the arm sweep, then immediately reverse the slide 180 degrees and light 'em up for massive damage!

You get that one for free, Capcom ;)
This isn't exactly the same, but RE6 had the firefighter zombies with the explosive oxygen tanks on their backs. You could sliiiiiiiiiiiide past them, spin around with butt magic, and shoot the tank to make them go KABOOM, spraying chunks everywhere like a chili-stuffed piñata.

I loved those freaking firefighter zombies.

This isn't exactly the same, but RE6 had the firefighter zombies with the explosive oxygen tanks on their backs. You could sliiiiiiiiiiiide past them, spin around with butt magic, and shoot the tank to make them go KABOOM, spraying chunks everywhere like a chili-stuffed piñata.

omg, you're right

I have to admit I don't actually remember a lot about RE6 beyond the mechanics. Haven't played it since 2012. I guess that means the experience on PS4 should be pretty fresh :D

Ludens

Banned

That kind of zombie is in RE: CVX too.

Neiteio

omg, you're right

I have to admit I don't actually remember a lot about RE6 beyond the mechanics. Haven't played it since 2012. I guess that means the experience on PS4 should be pretty fresh :D
Main thing to remember about RE6 is Helena and Leon have amazing hair and Ada looks really good in leather pants

Oh yeah, it is also has some of the best (possibly THE best) TPS combat and mobility ever

But I needed to put in a word for the hair and pants

PSA for anyone ordering RE6 from Amazon: the Prime discount is now being offered. I ordered a few days ago and didn't get a discount, so it must be new. Might want to cancel and re-order for the lower price if you already snagged it.

Neiteio

PSA for anyone ordering RE6 from Amazon: the Prime discount is now being offered. I ordered a few days ago and didn't get a discount, so it must be new. Might want to cancel and re-order for the lower price if you already snagged it.
It doesn't automatically apply? I preordered back when you first said you preordered.

Neiteio

It should apply automatically at checkout, but it must not have been offered a few days ago. My old order was $21.xx and my new one (made today) is $17.xx.
Yeah, I just followed your advice. Saved me $4-$5. You know what that means...

DLC money, bois!

*throws up gang signs, confetti rains down*

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
My RE7 bets are its going to be something radically different again. In what sort of way, I don't know. But I can't shake the feeling they're trying to reinvent itself again ala RE4.

There's an off-chance that Revelations 2 may have been the 'Dead Aim' of RE7; IE Dead Aim had a lot of early implementations of RE4's systems that were refined in RE4. But we shall see.

Ludens

Banned
Is RE Gaiden worth a play? I saw some videos, I liked it a lot.
Also, does Outbreak EU version comes with offline local coop?

Is RE Gaiden worth a play? I saw some videos, I liked it a lot.
Also, does Outbreak EU version comes with offline local coop?

Depends, RE Gaiden is pretty mediocre, I would recommend watching some videos first.
Game is not canon in any way btw.
Nope, only AI and you, no local coop.

Mr_Zombie

The cave part in 6 when Helena separates she never picks up the stuff that drops, makes me furious.

It's not like she needs them, though. AI can't die (doesn't need herbs or FAS), has unlimited ammo (doesn't need ammo) and you can't even swap items.

Mr_Zombie

Jawmuncher

It "aids" vehicle controls, so probably just small adjustments so that you don't have to be super precise during those various vehicle chases. I doubt they will drive themselves, since then the second player would have nothing to do for few quite long gameplay sequences.

Will be useful for the snowmobile section. I died constantly there even when feeling I was doing it right.

Neiteio

I remember feeling drunk driving the jeep in Chris' campaign. Kept veering into walls no matter how hard I tried to drive straight, lol.

Huh. I remember reading somewhere (may have been TVTropes) about Gaiden being made as a precursor to an earlier version of Resident Evil 4 before Capcom eventually said "screw it" and retconned it from orbit.

There was an interview regarding this like 15 years ago or something. Gamesmaster or something. Never read it myself.

RSB

Banned
Will be useful for the snowmobile section. I died constantly there even when feeling I was doing it right.
Yeah, the snowmobile section is easily the worst of all the vehicle levels (also part of the worst chapter in the game)

Just fired up re6 for the first time. It's the only mainline re game I've never played. Man, it's awful. Shooting is okay, but running up to enemies and mashing melee is clearly a better option. And the QTEs, wtf with the damn QTEs. Worst opening to a video game ever. I'm sure it gets better, but I'm really not interested in hanging around to find out how much better it gets
Heh, I think that's pretty much everyone's first reaction (me included)

Just fired up re6 for the first time. It's the only mainline re game I've never played. Man, it's awful. Shooting is okay, but running up to enemies and mashing melee is clearly a better option. And the QTEs, wtf with the damn QTEs. Worst opening to a video game ever. I'm sure it gets better, but I'm really not interested in hanging around to find out how much better it gets

Neiteio

I recommend reading this.

LUXURY

It's just terrible overall. Worst one to start with. No amount of teaching can make up for how truly boring, clunky, and forced everything felt. One thing that could have helped immensely is the camera in my opinion. It gets so close to my character at times I can't even see what's going on. I couldn't believe this was Resident Evil when I was playing it.

It's just terrible overall. Worst one to start with. No amount of teaching can make up for how truly boring, clunky, and forced everything felt. One thing that could have helped immensely is the camera in my opinion. It gets so close to my character at times I can't even see what's going on. I couldn't believe this was Resident Evil when I was playing it.

You can fix that after a patch that was released not long after the game came out. Just take a look.

nGqZP6g.jpg

81rvw4p.jpg

yi9VLAj.jpg

ogdDu5B.jpg

Fs8I9jY.jpg

These are examples of the two extremes, but there are also various FOV levels inbetween.

Mr_Zombie

The opening (Prologue) is bad. The first part of Leon's chapter 1 is bad. The rest is... well, it depends whether you can stomach overall jankyness, over-the-top action and a lot of failed ideas for a really good action game that is hidden somewhere among those things.

Remember to visit options to turn on auto-QTE (it doesn't disable all QTEs - all those where you are grabbed by an enemy will still be there - but it disables most of the annoying story-related or insta-death ones) and pull the camera away as much as you can.

Fixed camera I wouldn't mind at all, but I dunno about pre-rendered backgrounds. With today's visuals they wouldn't really look all that breathtaking compared to back then, and they'd limit the ways you could interact with the enviroments.

RSB

Banned
I love old school RE, but the mainline titles should stay action IMO.

Hopefully RE2 Remake will be succesful enough to convince Capcom to bring back the classic style for more games. Pre-rendered backgrounds and tank controls 4ever.

The opening (Prologue) is bad. The first part of Leon's chapter 1 is bad. The rest is... well, it depends whether you can stomach overall jankyness, over-the-top action and a lot of failed ideas for a really good action game that is hidden somewhere among those things.

Remember to visit options to turn on auto-QTE (it doesn't disable all QTEs - all those where you are grabbed by an enemy will still be there - but it disables most of the annoying story-related or insta-death ones) and pull the camera away as much as you can.

Interesting. If I ever get back to it, I'll do this

It's just baffling to me that they didn't realize what made re4 great and what didn't. To me that baton was passed to dead space 1 and 2 and the evil within

Jawmuncher

Capcom have never alienated fans before.

Though RE7 won't be pre rendered and fixed camera.
I understand it sucks that they changed everything with 4. But there's even documentation that RE4 was on its last legs before that game came out, so the change up was needed. I feel like as of late Capcom has been doing well in trying to appease both fan types. Especially if RE2make is old style.
Until Dawn worked great with fixed camera angles.

I will agree with this though. Numerous parts of Until Dawn had me imagining a new RE game in the old style with graphics like that.

Capcom definitely isn't going back to prerendered backgrounds or fixed camera for the main games. The series' sales have soared since it abandoned those. Even RE6, despite being critically panned, outsold nearly every other mainline game.

The most we can hope for is spinoffs and remakes. As long as RE2make ends up being really good and doesn't abandon what made the original great... I have no complaints :)

Ludens

Banned
Someone update me on what the last RE7 rumor was

Aliens.

Anyway I almost completed Darkside Chronicles.

I was wrong: the game is much easier than UC. I didn't need to farm in order to get ammo, nor I repeated the same mission twice.
I also unlocked Operation Javier 6 on my first try. I just unloaded all my inventory into the level 5 boss.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Someone update me on what the last RE7 rumor was

No rumors, just things we know from the last few years.

-An ex-higher up from Capcom (who left to join Sony) before leaving talked about projects in development at the time (this was in early 2014 I believe). He talked about Resident Evil among other things, and mentioned Resident Evil 7 was in development. He said they had started Resident Evil 7 less than a month after Resident Evil 6 had launched (towards the end of 2012 he clarifies), and that Capcom had paid a lot of attention to the response to Resident Evil 6, the criticisms, how people liked Leon's campaign the most, etc. He also said that Capcom thought that Horror was potentially liable again, but he pointed to Last of Us, Tomb Raider, and Walking Dead as their arguments, so take that as you will.

-In 2014, three separate voice actor things happened. Firstly, two more niche voice actors listed Resident Evil 7 on their list of credits, but quickly removed them when some people noticed. Later, a bunch of voice actors got together on a "super secret project," and took a lot of group shots of themselves together. The voice actors included all people who have previously done some voice work for RE, including Leon and Hunnigan's voice actor. Hungarian's VA even tweeted out at the time, "Reoccuring video game roles are the best." All of this was removed when people connected dots, but there's a high chance this could of been for the upcoming CG movie, as notably some of the actors there have only appeared in RE's CG film side (and since this happened, a third CG Resident Evil film has been announced, and Leon is indeed in it).

There's actually not much else that we know, but guesses. We know RE7 has been in development for over three years now (getting close to three and a half), and Resident Evil's 20th anniversary date is on March 22nd (20 years since RE1 released). If RE7 is announced before E3, that date or around that date would be the most likely.

Top Bottom