• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Games, Ranked (By Number Of Ports) [Kotaku]

Paragon

Poor gamecube owners. RE4 said it would stay faithful then proceeds to spread itself into any platform under the sun :(
Imagine how different things would be if it was exclusive to the GameCube and never got ported anywhere.
Being on "every platform under the sun" is a good thing. The only person that benefits from games being exclusive is the platform holder.

Neff

I've bought most RE games an average of 5 or 6 times each so blame me if they keep porting them.

It's pretty much the same game with Crimsonheads and Lisa added to it.

They're more alike than dissimilar, they're bound to be, but they're still very different games nonetheless.

Yeah I bought RE4 three times so far (ps2/3/4) and maybe will again on pc to see the texture project.

I kinda think RE4 will be like Doom in 20 years in that people will try to make it work on anything.

Samsung SCH-G100, Samsung SPH-G1000,

the fuck even are these

What about this RE4 port?

0HhkRFN.jpg

omg

...And CVXFreak has all of them

Damn right he does

Interesting to see RE7 so low. I really didn't like it. The only other RE game I played was 4 on the Wii, which i loved, so I hope some of the other ones are more like RE4 in terms of quality. I really want to like some of the other RE games, so I may try the ones that are ranked higher.

Well you have more options to try the higher ranked ones, so go at 'em
:p

FinalAres

I do not understand the issue with porting to many platforms. The more choice the better, the more people that get to play on their platform of choice the better.

When I see FF4 being ported to its tenth platform I think "great, more people get to play it".

We need more ports of 7.

Oh, and we need more ports of RE4 because I still can't play it on my Switch for some reason.

to be fair there aren't many more new systems to put it on unless you want to port it to older systems

Oh, I suppose there's the Switch, that's right

gelf

Poor gamecube owners. RE4 said it would stay faithful then proceeds to spread itself into any platform under the sun :(
On the other hand if you bought a GC to play REmake and RE0 like I did then you where more then justified considering how long they took to get ported outside of Nintendo systems.

I wouldn't have actually minded in hindsight if they if did get ports though. I'm convinced a PS2 version of the game would have sold better and meant there would be less chance classic style RE would have been left in the wilderness for so long.

HYDE

Banned
Original 1996 Resident Evil 1 got cheated, they forgot the PS3, VITA, and PSP versions.

If 2 & 3 get those counted, then 1 should too.

That makes it tied for 3rd.

Original 1996 Resident Evil 1 got cheated, they forgot the PS3, VITA, and PSP versions.

If 2 & 3 get those counted, then 1 should too.

That makes it tied for 3rd.

but its technically the same code being played on a newer system

actually should the director's cut count as its own release?

Update, 7:13 pm: Due to an error in the editing process, three platforms were left off of the list for Resident Evil (1996). This has now been fixed and the rankings have been revised accordingly.
Additionally, a typo in the Resident Evil: Revelations text has been fixed.

Yeah the PS1 digital copies should either count as no ports or one port. If it's systems you can play them on then you need to go change a whole bunch of stuff, like adding PS2 and Wii U.

HYDE

Banned
but its technically the same code being played on a newer system

actually should the director's cut count as its own release?

If they counted those versions on RE 2 & 3, they gotta do it for 1.

Also, noticed 2 & 3 are the only ones to never touch XBOX in any iteration.

kc44135

I agree with you on RE1-3, Jawmuncher. They absolutely should be ported to modern platforms at some point, or at the very least put up on Steam. Those games are awesome, and the idea of them being lost to time and replaced with REmakes never really sat right with me, tbh. On the subject of Capcom PS1 remasters, I'd also a love Dino Crisis 1 & 2 2-pack.

Interesting to see RE7 so low. I really didn't like it. The only other RE game I played was 4 on the Wii, which i loved, so I hope some of the other ones are more like RE4 in terms of quality. I really want to like some of the other RE games, so I may try the ones that are ranked higher.
This isn't ranking the games based on quality, just the number of ports. RE7 is new, and so would naturally have less ports.
Surprised she didn't count the eShop version of RE4 and UC on Wii U!
Most people don't know/forgot the Wii U existed.

RE4 and RE2 are my faves of the series.

I admit I kinda fell off after 4 though. 1-4, Remake, only one I never beat was RE3. Because our local rental place had a three day period at $9.99. I played the demo of 5 with my brother and that was fun. Played the demo of RE6 and didn't think much of it. Love Revelations though.

Still haven't played the demo of 7. I've had it on my PS4 since it was put up there.

Strangely can still go back and love RE4, and am very excited about the RE2 remake.

RE4 and RE2 are my faves of the series.

I admit I kinda fell off after 4 though. 1-4, Remake, only one I never beat was RE3. Because our local rental place had a three day period at $9.99. I played the demo of 5 with my brother and that was fun. Played the demo of RE6 and didn't think much of it. Love Revelations though.

Still haven't played the demo of 7. I've had it on my PS4 since it was put up there.

Strangely can still go back and love RE4, and am very excited about the RE2 remake.

IMO despite the new fp view, RE7 was a magnificent return to form. You said you liked classic RE and Revelations even, so you'll probably like RE7 too

Maybe. I love classic RE, but RE7 did nothing for me.

Maybe, maybe not? Still worth a shot I think, and was a sincere attempt at the sort of games the classic ones were.

When I ran out of room in my inventory and had to go back upstairs to unload into the item box, I wanted to cry. Tears of joy. RE was fucking back

Maybe the last quarter wasn't so great but eeehhhhh

Top Bottom