• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

jstevenson said:
ahh... the latter three are all from E3 trailer... and looked ripped out of it. Game looks better.

The first one was in the Gamepro story, I think.

PS - if you want new screens, the cover story in PlayStation: The Official Magazine this month is the place to be.
Any chance that there will be new footage released this month?

I'm dying for new media. :p

womfalcs3

Banned
jstevenson said:
ahh... the latter three are all from E3 trailer... and looked ripped out of it. Game looks better.

The first one was in the Gamepro story, I think.

PS - if you want new screens, the cover story in PlayStation: The Official Magazine this month is the place to be.

Here I was about to post how gorgeous the game looks based on those pictures. :D

slider

I've been thinking about it for a while and am gonna guess-ti-mate the three things that'll impress me most about R2.

1) Scale!
2) Water tech?
3) The thought that's gone in to the balance and gameplay.

So excited. Anyone have any news at all on Euro pre-order beta goodness?

JB1981

Gbeav said:
Can't wait for this game, loved the first one.

ps, need scopes on the auger.
wha?

Auger isn't a long-range weapon. No need for a scope - does virtually no damage at long distance anyway.

h3ro

JS, I'm not in the Beta, so I don't know if this has changed or not, but when we hit L1 to pull up the sights, are we going to be looking up the barrel of the gun like in R1 and preliminary footage of R2 or has it now changed to a more traditional parallel with the gun view that lines the sights up?

h3ro said:
JS, I'm not in the Beta, so I don't know if this has changed or not, but when we hit L1 to pull up the sights, are we going to be looking up the barrel of the gun like in R1 and preliminary footage of R2 or has it now changed to a more traditional parallel with the gun view that lines the sights up?
I hope so, otherwise it looks like your shooting up and not at your target.. really weird looking

dralla

The iron sights from the first video of the multiplayer on GT are the best ones they've shown so far, hopefully they keep those.

JB1981

in the private beta, co-op Carbine iron sights = Resistance 1.

multi carbine iron sights = GT multiplayer video.

I'm a much bigger fan of the new iron sights ... I hope they keep them.

h3ro

JB1981 said:

If that's the case, I hope so as well. CoD4 has spoiled me now where it's almost reflex for me to hit L1/LT whenever I play an FPS to pull them up... so yeah, I've wasted lot's of grenades in Halo... :lol

M3Freak

Banned
JB1981 said:

Shoot me.

JB1981 said:
Eh, you're just reticent to change.

Contrary to what some of you diehard R1 clansfolk believe, Resistance 1 multiplayer has a lot of room for improvement. ;)

It does have a lot of room for improvement, but completely overhauling the multiplayer mode to where it plays nothing like its predecessor is like punching the fans of the original in the face. Hey Insomniac,if I wanted to play Call Of Duty 4 then I'd put in my copy of Call of Duty 4. I don't need your game reminding me that I own it. Please delay Resistance 2 and fix its many issues. There are some wonderful new changes and improvements that build on the formula that R1 started,but they're overshadowed by mechanics clearly taken from other franchises that just don't work in Resistance.

Ploid 3.0

Oh man, I don't know if I'd be able to handle a R2 delay. I'm at the point where I make a feast out of scraps of new R2 info. I need this game released yesterday, but seeing that Insomniac are human I'm going to try to put up with the Nov. 4th release date.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
johnFkennedy said:
It does have a lot of room for improvement, but completely overhauling the multiplayer mode to where it plays nothing like its predecessor is like punching the fans of the original in the face. Hey Insomniac,if I wanted to play Call Of Duty 4 then I'd put in my copy of Call of Duty 4. I don't need your game reminding me that I own it. Please delay Resistance 2 and fix its many issues. There are some wonderful new changes and improvements that build on the formula that R1 started,but they're overshadowed by mechanics clearly taken from other franchises that just don't work in Resistance.

Please keep in mind all, this is a private beta still covered by the EULA/NDA.

I think you will see a large change in the public beta - including a lot of tweaks to how the game plays and feels. I think right now the game is playing better than it ever has, and I'm excited to get the reaction from some folks who will be playing it in just a few days.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Oh man, I don't know if I'd be able to handle a R2 delay. I'm at the point where I make a feast out of scraps of new R2 info. I need this game released yesterday, but seeing that Insomniac are human I'm going to try to put up with the Nov. 4th release date.

Trust me once you play the beta you'll be praying for a delay.

Kittonwy

Banned
JB1981 said:
Eh, you're just reticent to change.

Contrary to what some of you diehard R1 clansfolk believe, Resistance 1 multiplayer has a lot of room for improvement. ;)

Change is good as long as it's an improvement and we all welcome that, instead of change for the sake of change, or change for the sake of emulating other games, that's what those of us in the clan who appreciated R1's gameplay do not want.

I'm sure that's why Insomniac ran a private beta to get the necessary feedback to make sure they make the right changes in the right places and keep things that work well.

Those who are in the private beta can't really talk about it so it kind of sucks that you label someone reticent of change, because IF that certain someone is in the beta (I'm not suggesting that he is) and you're not, then he would have a much better fucking idea of how well or not the ironsight fucking works and you simply wouldn't.
Indifferent2.gif

I look forward to the public beta myself and see whatever changes they have made because of whatever feedback, in the general sense of course.

jstevenson said:

I think you will see a large change in the public beta - including a lot of tweaks to how the game plays and feels. I think right now the game is playing better than it ever has, and I'm excited to get the reaction from some folks who will be playing it in just a few days.

Which is why I didn't go into specifics. I hope you're right about the new build. I'm a huge fan of the franchise and want it to be as great as I feel it deserves to be.

On a side note. OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE jstevenson REPLIED TO MY POST!!11!!!1 BEST COMMUNITY MANAGER EVAR!!

M3Freak

Banned
Kittonwy said:
Change is good as long as it's an improvement and we all welcome that, instead of change for the sake of change, or change for the sake of emulating COD4, that's what those of us in the clan who appreciated R1's gameplay do not want.

I'm sure that's why Insomniac ran a private beta to get the necessary feedback to make sure they make the right changes in the right places and keep things that work well.

Those who are in the private beta can't really talk about it so it kind of sucks that you label someone reticent of change, because IF that certain someone is in the beta (I'm not suggesting that he is) and you're not, then he would have a much better fucking idea of how well or not the ironsight fucking works and you simply wouldn't.
Indifferent2.gif

I look forward to the public beta myself and see whatever changes they have made because of the feedback.

I love you.

Kittonwy

Banned
jstevenson said:

What private beta? I don't know of any private beta. Whatever it is, it doesn't exist.
hem.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
johnFkennedy said:
Which is why I didn't go into specifics. I hope you're right about the new build. I'm a huge fan of the franchise and want it to be as great as I feel it deserves to be.

On a side note. OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE jstevenson REPLIED TO MY POST!!11!!!1 BEST COMMUNITY MANAGER EVAR!!

Shhh. There was no private beta, whatever that is. You go to sleep now, you feel sleepy... sleepy.
Indifferent2.gif

Ploid 3.0

Ok I lost track. Is the public beta exclusive to gamestop pre-orders? I have no gamestop, but I do a lot of online shopping through Amazon. I see that for amazon the bonus is a skin and not the beta. Is there an online store with beta as the pre-order bonus?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Ploid 3.0 said:
Ok I lost track. Is the public beta exclusive to gamestop pre-orders? I have no gamestop, but I do a lot of online shopping through Amazon. I see that for amazon the bonus is a skin and not the beta. Is there an online store with beta as the pre-order bonus?

You can get Premiere Access to the public beta by pre-ordering through Gamestop (or Gamestop online) as well as being a Qore Subscriber.

There is also a sign-up link that has been posted for the Open Access period of the public beta, and finally, you can also buy Qore Episode 03 for Open Access.

Kittonwy

Banned
jstevenson said:
You can get Premiere Access to the public beta by pre-ordering through Gamestop (or Gamestop online) as well as being a Qore Subscriber.

There is also a sign-up link that has been posted for the Open Access period of the public beta, and finally, you can also buy Qore Episode 03 for Open Access.

Ima qore subscriber and I've pre-ordered, gimme public beta now.
Indifferent2.gif

Ploid 3.0

jstevenson said:

Thanks, I'll take a look at gamestops online store.

Edit: Heh Gamestop.com reminded me of ebworld.com (I used to have a local electronic boutique, and started ordering from there online, but stopped after the eb was moved). Then I typed in ebworld.com and it's still there and is the exact same as gamestop.com. lol

I wonder if my account works with the gamestop site.

DrPirate

Banned
The only question I have (hopefully another Canadian can help me out) is if I preorder at the ebgames in Ottawa, will I get a beta code?

I was going to go this Thursday, I have no classes so I would appreciate an answer soon :)

Ploid 3.0

DrPirate said:
The only question I have (hopefully another Canadian can help me out) is if I preorder at the ebgames in Ottawa, will I get a beta code?

I was going to go this Thursday, I have no classes so I would appreciate an answer soon :)

I can preorder from ebworld.com for the code too? Let me know I should have a account there. I don't know the deal with gamestop and electronic boutique. I'll definitely preorder from eb.

Edit: Ok you can preorder from ebworld/ebgames.com too.

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72589

2ypkqds.jpg

Nizz

I've gone back to playing R1 on Hard and I almost forgot how God damn pretty the snow is in that game. Close to the end at the Thames levels. I wonder if there will be different weather conditions in R2? I've seen beautiful sunsets and sunshine in the trailers, but I wonder if you'll be chugging through a torrential rainstorm or blizzard conditions in the game?

jstevenson said:

Few days..............that soon? How about hooking up us private beta guys early!!!!!!!!

I hope the few days really is a few day and not a few weeks. :D

Guled

jstevenson said:

will Canada be getting the beta/CE?

patsu

johnFkennedy said:

Come on, Mr. President. Have some faith. It's an internal beta. Give your feedback to the devs and hope for the best. The final game may very well be different but still play well. I am interested in future betas. Don't want them to lock down the access because of over-reactions from early beta testers like us.

thuway

I remember, literally a month and a half before Uncharted came out, the media outlets were harping on it for looking "OK". Look how that turned out.

icechai

all I have to say is thank you for inviting previous R1 players to private betas. And good luck with the public reaction, and I'll give my 2 cents at GAF when it's all out in the open :)

thuway

icechai said:
all I have to say is thank you for inviting previous R1 players to private betas. And good luck with the public reaction, and I'll give my 2 cents at GAF when it's all out in the open :)
+1. I love how much they care about the fans.

Firewire

Banned
jstevenson said:

I have Quore episode 3 and a preorder at EB Games for the CE. Now gimme more R2 please!

M3Freak

Banned
DrPirate said:

I preordered at EB in Brampton, but I didn't get any beta code. I asked about it, and they said if and when they get it, they'll call. I'm thinking shit all is going to happen, but we'll see.

Kittonwy

Banned
M3Freak said:
I preordered at EB in Brampton, but I didn't get any beta code. I asked about it, and they said if and when they get it, they'll call. I'm thinking shit all is going to happen, but we'll see.

Are you a Qore subscriber? I wonder if I'll get it through Qore quicker.
Indifferent2.gif

DrPirate

Banned
Kittonwy said:
Are you a Qore subscriber? I wonder if I'll get it through Qore quicker.
Indifferent2.gif

I'm wondering the same. If I should just stinking subscribe to Qore, or go preorder the CE on thursday :\

Hopefully, M3Freak keeps us updated on the situation with his code.

Top Bottom