• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
scoobs said:
having played a little of the private beta, i must say.... i will be extremely pissed off if i dont get into the public beta.

Me too! Except for that being in the private beta part.

JB1981

Kittonwy said:
Change is good as long as it's an improvement and we all welcome that, instead of change for the sake of change, or change for the sake of emulating other games, that's what those of us in the clan who appreciated R1's gameplay do not want.

I'm sure that's why Insomniac ran a private beta to get the necessary feedback to make sure they make the right changes in the right places and keep things that work well.

Those who are in the private beta can't really talk about it so it kind of sucks that you label someone reticent of change, because IF that certain someone is in the beta (I'm not suggesting that he is) and you're not, then he would have a much better fucking idea of how well or not the ironsight fucking works and you simply wouldn't.
Indifferent2.gif

I look forward to the public beta myself and see whatever changes they have made because of whatever feedback, in the general sense of course.

Yea .. uh .... this is just stupid. Makes no sense. And you know that. So ... yeah ....

Firewire

Banned
M3Freak said:
I preordered at EB in Brampton, but I didn't get any beta code. I asked about it, and they said if and when they get it, they'll call. I'm thinking shit all is going to happen, but we'll see.

When I changed my regular preorder to the CE at EB I asked about the beta codes. They said that was for the U.S only. In other words they know nothing about it as usual.

Get Qore episode 3, its the only way to get in for sure I bet.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
A couple of people have e-mailed me to say they had to call Customer service and give them the receipt info to get in the queue to get the code by e-mail. I'm investigating, but you may want to try it (especially you folks in Canada!).

FirewalkR

RenegadeRocks@Beyond3D said:
Yeah ! Long back Ted Price had said that the co-op campaign will have some geometry that will be randomised for each playthrough to make it a little different every time. Main objects that define gameplay will remain static , of course.
Its been a long time since this was mentioned. I wonder if its still there or has been dropped ! Can somebody on Neogaf ask this question to jstevenson ?

Care to comment, JS? :)

Wollan

It isn't random geometry like a generator or anything. It's different pre-made layouts ala Warhawk map layouts.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Kittonwy said:
I don't see why they're still holding back stuff with only a little more than a month to go.
It's really strange, the only half-decent videos we've seen were the first from GameTrailers. Every single video is either less than a minute long or keeps cutting instead of following gameplay like they do for every other game.

patsu

Kittonwy said:
I don't see why they're still holding back stuff with only a little more than a month to go.

Is there an upcoming event ? If so, it's probably better to release there especially if pre-orders and public betas will be driving interests anyway.

Nizz

RoboPlato said:
It's really strange, the only half-decent videos we've seen were the first from GameTrailers. Every single video is either less than a minute long or keeps cutting instead of following gameplay like they do for every other game.
They're busy shining that bad boy up for us come November! Maybe that coupled with them working on getting feedback from the beta and tuning the game they're just too busy to be able to get some official footage out? Or maybe they want to put even more polish into the game before they start releasing new footage. Just my two cents...
don't kill me :(

Ploid 3.0

I think they don't show much because of the way they approached R2's dev process. They completed the game first as far as structure, planning, and gameplay. After they they add the eye candy. Any early previews would have people thinking that the final game would look like what's shown.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I just want you to know that this footage I'm uploading right now to a media outlet has NOTHING AT ALL to do with the whining in here.

Guess I should stop the upload....

BryanI

jstevenson said:
I just want you to know that this footage I'm uploading right now to a media outlet has NOTHING AT ALL to do with the whining in here.

Yeah, James, I guess we should stop it right now.

____

jstevenson said:

Stop the upload, pay the consequence. Simple as that. >:O

gbovo

jstevenson said:

when will this media outlet make this footage available for public viewing?

Dizzan

MINI Member
jstevenson said:

:lol Own the whiners!

I like the lack of media. I'm buying the game regardless and I love being surprised. I think it actually builds hype instead of over saturating ala Killzone 2. We've seen so much of that game that, although incredible, it is starting to lose its WOW factor.

Kittonwy

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
I think they don't show much because of the way they approached R2's dev process. They completed the game first as far as structure, planning, and gameplay. After they they add the eye candy. Any early previews would have people thinking that the final game would look like what's shown.

It's a bit more than a month from release, bombard the internet with Resistance 2 info, let everyone know what a great game it will be.
Indifferent2.gif

jstevenson said:

Uploading at 1 KB/s....estimated upload time: 1 month.

Cool, can't wait for the footage days before R2 releases. :lol

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Private Hoffman said:
Uploading at 1 KB/s....estimated upload time: 1 month.

Cool, can't wait for the footage days before R2 releases. :lol

Nah, upload just completed... now it falls in the hands of the media.

Dizzan said:

I like the lack of media. I'm buying the game regardless and I love being surprised. I think it actually builds hype instead of over saturating ala Killzone 2. We've seen so much of that game that, although incredible, it is starting to lose its WOW factor.

Disagree....how much Gears 2 footage have we seen. Tons. It just adds to the hype, in a good way.

Resistance 2 has been so low key...it's a bit unsettling, even, for such a big release this fall. I feel like all I've really seen are small snippets of gameplay from the same locations we've already seen a million times before.

jstevenson said:
Nah, upload just completed... now it falls in the hands of the media.

Great news. Can't wait.

Bryan needs to start pimping his media friends to get this stuff updated pronto.

kevm3

From those gifs, R2 looks so much better than R1 due to the gore. It It gives the game a more gritty, realistic feel.

kevm3 said:
From those gifs, R2 looks so much better than R1 due to the gore. It It gives the game a more gritty, realistic feel.

yup. feels.....chunkier. In a good way. R2 lacked that graphical feedback of your shots.

KZObsessed

Dizzan said:

Not really. KZ2 has 11 levels and we've only seen 2. And since E3 07 all we've seen is the same level over and over. We've also seen some brief clips from an online map or two but that's about it.

I'm the same tho, I don't like to see too much footage when I know I'm buying a game, I like to be surprised!

Dizzan

MINI Member
FFObsessed said:
Not really. KZ2 has 11 levels and we've only seen 2. And since E3 07 all we've seen is the same level over and over. We've also seen some brief clips from an online map or two but that's about it.

I'm the same tho, I don't like to see too much footage when I know I'm buying a game, I like to be surprised!

And that is why Im over it. If a new area isn't ready to be shown Id rather they hold it back then continue to show the same shit.

FightyF

Banned
Private Hoffman said:
The lack of R2 footage is so disappointing.

Think of it as a calm before the storm. You don't think Sony isn't going to advertise the living hell out of this, do you?

Secondly, the game just gets more and more impressive as the months go by...had people seen the gibs of those screamers the first time the game was shown, they would have crapped their pants...so I don't blame Insomniac and Sony for waiting for a more complete product when it comes to a full on footage and PR campaign.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
jstevenson said:

Yes, Stop It NOW

NOBODY wants to see Hale using that stupid Auger...

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Give us the video and no one will get hurt/internet serious businezzzz!!!

On the fence about the LE........Tough calls here.

Top Bottom