• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Fuck co-op is awesome, still havnt got past that big armored titan though, no one seems to be doin co-op right when im playin

Grunt chucks up shield
Spec Op continually throws ammo at grunt
Shield stays up
?????
Win

jmd494

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Fuck co-op is awesome, still havnt got past that big armored titan though, no one seems to be doin co-op right when im playin

Grunt chucks up shield
Spec Op continually throws ammo at grunt
Shield stays up
?????
Win

Pretty much. Formula for success = 1 spec ops for every soldier. If you have an odd number of ppl, make one a medic.

Ploid 3.0

industrian said:
The same way you activate the special ammo: go berserk.

Oh when I'm in that harder hitting ammo mode I'm invisible? I didn't know that.

Baha said:
Post your highest lvl class. Mine is a lvl 8 Medic. Hoping to unlock my 2nd secondary weapon soon.

6 spec ops, but I spread the love around. My soldier is level 4, and medic is level 2.

I thought I had seen every combination of missions in this map, then a Stalker showed up where Titans usually spawn.

JS, in the final build to Stalkers remain stationary or do they move around like in the first game?

Will there also be level caps we can place on games we make, so we can keep low level scum out of our high level games? I know lots of people are new and I should be more forgiving but I'm sick of spec-ops that don't like to spit out ammo. :p

Awntawn

Ploid 3.0 said:
Oh when I'm in that harder hitting ammo mode I'm invisible? I didn't know that.
No, when you pick your weapon and whatnot you can pick which berserk to choose as well. You can either pick more damage projectile, or invisible mode, or whichever berserks you've unlocked.

Ploid 3.0

Awntawn said:
No, when you pick your weapon and whatnot you can pick which berserk to choose as well. You can either pick more damage projectile, or invisible mode, or whichever berserks you've unlocked.

Oh I didn't know that. Wait you guys are talking about Competitive play? I didn't know you could pick weapons for co op. Off to r2 I go.

Pai Pai Master said:
I thought I had seen every combination of missions in this map, then a Stalker showed up where Titans usually spawn.

JS, in the final build to Stalkers remain stationary or do they move around like in the first game?

Will there also be level caps we can place on games we make, so we can keep low level scum out of our high level games? I know lots of people are new and I should be more forgiving but I'm sick of spec-ops that don't like to spit out ammo. :p

/party Refresh please :lol

And yea it's annoying. I try everything, they just don't want to listen. I guess the +30 exp isn't worth it enough to them.

Awntawn

Ploid 3.0 said:
Oh I didn't know that. Wait you guys are talking about Competitive play? I didn't know you could pick weapons for co op. Off to r2 I go.
You can pick your alternate weapon, though I think most of them are locked for the beta. I think they should change it so the berserk is on the front screen, as it is you don't even see the option unless you pick a weapon.

/party Refresh please :lol

And yea it's annoying. I try everything, they just don't want to listen. I guess the +30 exp isn't worth it enough to them.
Seriously, I'm reminded of mages that don't haste/refresh/debuff in FFXI 3;

Darkpen

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
All of the jobs are very fun. I did a writeup for another forum (my old ffxi linkshell. I keep in touch with the people since they are on psn heh).
:lol I used to play FFXI too. The medic's berserk move (or as I like to call it, his two-hour :p) is more like an AoE Regen-ga than anything else. I have to tell medics to press down on the d-pad, because you can see a halo above their head as a sign, but they don't know it, lol. Its really fun, giving verbal orders, and working as a team.

lol, I can't wait to play other levels.

playing this feels like an odd mixture of TF2 and FFXI :lol

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Any gaffers doing coop at the moment? I cant seem to get into a room, everything is full :lol . Wanted to give coop a shot, since it seems to be the best thing from the beta, going by what people have said.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Pai Pai Master said:

Hmm, not sure about every instance --- but they do move around. I was giving a demo of a big battle in SP and I eventually had to turn on invincibility... oh, and I was playing on normal... heh.

patsu

js, the bosses don't move around meaningfully. The Stalker is stationery and only turns its turret. The Titan in the warehouse just turns and fires randomly. It moves a little but is in general non-threatening at all. The Titan down in the valley strolls up and down while taking damage (also fire randomly). Please do feedback to the team to crank their AI up even for low level games. ^_^

EDIT: I have mentioned this in the private beta. Guess they haven't gotten around to tune it yet.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So we aren't allowed to post video footage of the beta right?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
patsu said:
js, the bosses don't move around meaningfully. The Stalker is stationery and only turns its turret. The Titan in the warehouse just turn and fire randomly. It moves a little but is in general non-threatening at all. The Titan down in the valley strolls up and down while taking damage (also fire randomly). Please do feedback to the team to crank their AI up even for low level games. ^_^

I don't know what the changelist for the Day one patch is, I'll talk to Jake on Monday and see what's up. The feedback is always helpful.

Stalkers do move around in the game. I know some in the public beta may not, lemme talk to Jake about that too.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Somnia said:
Why couldn't you? It is a public beta after all
Just as I thought... then please answer me the following question:

WHY THE FUCK CAN I NOT FIND ANY FOOTAGE WHAT SO EVER IN THIS THREAD?

Darkpen

Banned
What's going on with the beta right now? I can't make a room or anything. Had like 6 ppl in the party, couldn't do anything.

Oh, and guys, change your party settings so ppl can join

patsu

jstevenson said:
I don't know what the changelist for the Day one patch is, I'll talk to Jake on Monday and see what's up. The feedback is always helpful.

Stalkers do move around in the game. I know some in the public beta may not, lemme talk to Jake about that too.

Thank you VERY VERY much !

So I got this game's beta today and I must say its amazing, I only played Team Death matches.
I kept getting disconnected from the coop mode for some reason.

I played it for good 45 minutes and I can say that the inclusion of better and more colors really made this game better than Resistance 1. There was no lag in any of the matches. The only thing I noticed was that the Chimera models looked a little weak compared to the human models but then you have to consider the size of the maps and the number of players. All in all very satisfied and buying it when it comes out in 2 weeks or so.

Also I am going to try the new headset soon when I get it later on today or tomorrow as the one that came with Warhawk really sucks.

TheFreshPrince said:
anyone else playing co-op with just 2 players? it is really hard! i wish there was some checkpoint system or save system...it sucks having to start over

Two medics for 2 player co-op = win!

jstevenson said:

Did you read mine? :)
No really.. :)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
If theres one thing i hate about the game is the full red screen glow effect when you get shot, please remove it, its beyond dumb and annoying.

GodofWine

I forget its name, but the chimeran sniper rifle that fires a burst of 3 shots needs more killing power from a distance...its a pretty worthless sniper rifle, for mid range shooting its pretty good though.

And the Far Eye seems nerfed...I had 3 consecutive head shots (from way way away) and didnt drop the alien bastard.

God those 30v30 matches are fun...I love how it just kinda starts to spawn people in a manner to make an epic clash of 60 people now and them.

peetfeet

I bought Qore for this but when i run it and try to download it, it says i either already have or and something else (can't remember i'm half asleep) what do i have to do to dl it?

i'm in he UK if that makes a difference, tried dl on UK and US accounts

Yoshichan

Kagari said:
So who's going to be making the official thread?
Holy shit, it needs to be huuuuuuuuge.

Who dares accept the challenge?

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Fuck this is so good, the co-op alone i recon is gonna be worth the price of the game, i got 50 kills in a row without dying then the network crapped out :( but meh its awesome stuff. Gonna have withdrawrals once i go back to work :(

btkadams

peetfeet said:
I bought Qore for this but when i run it and try to download it, it says i either already have or and something else (can't remember i'm half asleep) what do i have to do to dl it?

i'm in he UK if that makes a difference, tried dl on UK and US accounts
you dont actually dl it through the qore episode (odd since it is in the downloads list)

you wait for a code to be emailed to the email tied to your playstation network account. once you have the code you go to account management and choose the option to redeem your code.

if your a subscriber your code should be sent to you any time now. and if you just bought taht episode of qore then you have to wait a week before your code will be sent.

peetfeet

btkadams said:
you dont actually dl it through the qore episode (odd since it is in the downloads list)

you wait for a code to be emailed to the email tied to your playstation network account. once you have the code you go to account management and choose the option to redeem your code.

if your a subscriber your code should be sent to you any time now. and if you just bought taht episode of qore then you have to wait a week before your code will be sent.

I see, thanks.

I am curious if the monster enemies have weak points or not, because they take way too much damage that it feels like you're doing something wrong.

Metalmurphy said:
I just had the weirdest thing happen to me on a co-op game. I was playing with industrian, viper9 and a few other people and all of the sudden all the Chimera froze. They still had some animations but they wouldn't move or fire, they didn't loose HP either yet we still won XP from shooting at them. We started to gather XP for a good 5 minutes and all of the sudden they all wake up at the same time :lol

Needless to say we all died in like 2 seconds except industrian that ran away and was able to hide.

Awesome!

Someone else mentioned that a player joining switched them back on - did you notice if this was the case? It would be good to confirm thats what happened.

Also, did you notice if anything happened at about the same time that they froze? A player left? A player joined? Did they all spawn in that way, or were they moving around fine and then all of the sudden stopped?

Ploid 3.0

Darkpen and J, sorry about all the confusion. I planned to play a friend in this and had a hard time inviting them to your lobbies.

About the invisible. That thing is very useful for when you need to shut down those hellfire turrets. Maybe set it up so you have spec ops ready for it if you have to go there. I's hard to set that up since the missions are so unpredictable at times. But it's very good for that.

patsu

Ploid 3.0 said:
About the invisible. That thing is very useful for when you need to shut down those hellfire turrets. Maybe set it up so you have spec ops ready for it if you have to go there. I's hard to set that up since the missions are so unpredictable at times. But it's very good for that.

It's also useful for taking down Stalker, and fleeing. If you're the last guy left, it is important to get away alive.

Top Bottom