• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

My Arms Your Hearse said:
Maybe you only played at the start, but they horrendously nerfed the shotgun (twice if I recall) in the course of R1.

Yea, I had heard it was patched down pretty badly over the course of time. I never played the game after the first couple of months.

oneHeero

They're probably still paranoid about the original (and best FPS shotgun EVER) Resistance shotgun.

Ahh, the glory days of 100-2 in Mall as Chimera. I cried a little inside over what they did to it, and I'm not surprised it is still completely neutered.

Maybe you only played at the start, but they horrendously nerfed the shotgun (twice if I recall) in the course of R1.
Shotgun is best nerfed for reasons like you going 100-2 in Mall as Chimera LOL

I havent used it much but it does look really weak, maybe just a lil more damage but I wouldnt want it like R1 at all. At the end I think shotgun was best when it was last patched. If you were good with the shotgun it didnt stop being useful, if you were just lucky and shot wildly when it was overpowered and disliked it after the patch than idk what to tell ya but it was way better afterwards. I hated rooftops and shotgun whores, and mall lol.

M3Freak

Banned
I think it really is the aiming. Guns flat out aren't as accurate. However, again, I don't think it takes too long to kill with the carbine. I can kill 3 people if I don't really miss. I'm steadily learning how to fire each weapon to generate accuracy, though, and I'm doing much better now. Though I think the bullseye is a lost cause. I have no idea where I'm firing that thing.

I'm going to have to forget most everything that made me a good player in RFoM in order to enjoy R2 multiplayer. That's just great.

M3Freak said:
I'm going to have to forget most everything that made me a good player in RFoM in order to enjoy R2 multiplayer. That's just great.

Well, at this early stage, that is the course that is working best for me :lol

Also, I love when people have the radar fully functional (show enemies). I'm a fucking Jaguar stalking my prey with that shit. Most people don't seem to realize and/or care, but it's really easy to rack up the k/d if you pay close attention to the map (lots of left on d pad!). Also nice that it works as Chimera as well. Map + Chicago (subway) = heaven.

Loudninja

633601020728796250.jpg

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/690259/Huge_Resistance_2_Sign_Attacks_Los_Angeles.html

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WOW! GTAIV advertisement all over again!

WELL DONE :D!

oneHeero

M3Freak said:
I'm using everything I learned from the first game to be good on part 2. I think you guys are making it harder than it seems...

Tiduz

Eurogaime
am i the only one

i only play co op kinda, and once competetive, i got a shitload of exp and like 32 kills, and the after the game finishes i see 0 everywhere in the stats screen

what is this? :(

Snipes424

Loudninja said:

That is pretty awesome, hopefully they put one up in Dallas :D

Tiduz said:
am i the only one

i only play co op kinda, and once competetive, i got a shitload of exp and like 32 kills, and the after the game finishes i see 0 everywhere in the stats screen

Yeah It shows up like that for me too. It will most likely be fixed by day 1 release, but you still get the exp, it just doesn't show up sometimes.

BeeDog

jstevenson, since some people reported that their Play.com beta codes unlocked the old beta (and potentially uses up the key), would it be possible for you to give a clear go when it's safe to use the Play.com key to download the new beta?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Tiduz said:
am i the only one

Did you choose the game from a server list? If you did it was an unranked game.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
BeeDog said:
jstevenson, since some people reported that their Play.com beta codes unlocked the old beta (and potentially uses up the key), would it be possible for you to give a clear go when it's safe to use the Play.com key to download the new beta?

Don't think the key will work now.

I'm sure SCEE will rectify the situation. Will let ya know anything I hear.

Wollan

RoboPlato said:
Did you choose the game from a server list? If you did it was an unranked game.
I believe it's a common bug with many people. I matchmake my games and still I get 0 each time. I believe your stats gets dumped after the XP/Level bar is updated.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Wollan said:
I believe it's a common bug with many people. I matchmake my games and still I get 0 each time. I believe your stats gets dumped after the XP/Level bar is updated.
Strange, I haven't noticed this.

Teknoman

On the nade distance topic:

How much further do you guys want it? :lol

Seriously, on the Orick,CA map, I just threw a hedgehog grenade a huge distance. If its distance complaints, I really dont want it to be increased by that much. Its good enough as is.

Hmm... I'm really starting to warm up to the Marksman. I'm sure this is by design, but it's pretty much a replica of the battle rifle in Halo. Headshots or it does no damage. Headshots however DESTROY.

A good choice for smaller maps.

Though the bullets have a horrible wide spread. If someone is running perpendicular to your position you can forget it. Seems each bullet does 12 damage/exp.

Snipes424

Hmm... I'm really starting to warm up to the Marksman. I'm sure this is by design, but it's pretty much a replica of the battle rifle in Halo. Headshots or it does no damage. Headshots however DESTROY.

A good choice for smaller maps.

Though the bullets have a horrible wide spread. If someone is running perpendicular to your position you can forget it. Seems each bullet does 12 damage/exp.

I still kill people with body shots pretty easily, but yeah headshots = GG.

Played a few TDM matches in the Alleys and there are definitely a few spots where your team can get decimated. In the two back corners there are dead-ends large enough for your team to spawn into but all exits are easily defended by the opposing team (they get to cover all the corners and they get the roofs). If your team isn't working together to punch through then your only hope is that the other team will wipe you all out before you respawn. As it was I spent about five minutes spawning into the alley and getting killed. Out of the top 20 players at games end only 3 of them were from my team. It was pretty frustrating, but at the same time if our team had been working together I think it would have been manageable. Once a few people broke through we started spawning elsewhere.

The moral of the story: You will generally spawn into a group during TDM so that you are never far from action, but it is a good idea to keep a small strike force removed from your main army so that you can maintain a mobile spawn point. If you don't do this then you do run the risk of getting backed into a corner.

As for the Marksman, it is a good weapon, but it seems a bit overpowered for my tastes. The tracking on it is pretty strong so that you get a quick and easy lock even when you don't use the scope. True, headshots are where the real damage comes from, but from mid-far range the thing is a bit too effective. You can snipe all the way down the alleys, or in Orick pretty much straight across the map, and its lock on means you don't have to be as precise as the fareye to get kills.

I personally prefer the carbine (I think it is more lethal at mid-near range then the first game) and love bouncing from roof to roof in Chicago and bombing snipers/marksmen with the 40mm :) Other than my gripe with the Marksman, I think all of the weapons are very well balanced. The shotgun is a double-barrel then melee killing machine, which in my mind makes it a great close range weapon that offers the opposition a bit of room to retaliate. In R:FOM if someone got close with the shotgun it was over (so long as they had even a modicum of skill).

Ricker

Blu_LED said:
Anyone else still waiting for a Qore Subscription code?

Yep still nothing here,but like i said a few times,I never got the SOCOM one either...starting to think it's maybe one of the weird Canada/Quebec restrictions or something.

the_prime_mover said:
Played a few TDM matches in the Alleys and there are definitely a few spots where your team can get decimated. In the two back corners there are dead-ends large enough for your team to spawn into but all exits are easily defended by the opposing team (they get to cover all the corners and they get the roofs). If your team isn't working together to punch through then your only hope is that the other team will wipe you all out before you respawn. As it was I spent about five minutes spawning into the alley and getting killed. Out of the top 20 players at games end only 3 of them were from my team. It was pretty frustrating, but at the same time if our team had been working together I think it would have been manageable. Once a few people broke through we started spawning elsewhere.

The moral of the story: You will generally spawn into a group during TDM so that you are never far from action, but it is a good idea to keep a small strike force removed from your main army so that you can maintain a mobile spawn point. If you don't do this then you do run the risk of getting backed into a corner.

As for the Marksman, it is a good weapon, but it seems a bit overpowered for my tastes. The tracking on it is pretty strong so that you get a quick and easy lock even when you don't use the scope. True, headshots are where the real damage comes from, but from mid-far range the thing is a bit too effective. You can snipe all the way down the alleys, or in Orick pretty much straight across the map, and its lock on means you don't have to be as precise as the fareye to get kills.

I personally prefer the carbine (I think it is more lethal at mid-near range then the first game) and love bouncing from roof to roof in Chicago and bombing snipers/marksmen with the 40mm :) Other than my gripe with the Marksman, I think all of the weapons are very well balanced. The shotgun is a double-barrel then melee killing machine, which in my mind makes it a great close range weapon that offers the opposition a bit of room to retaliate. In R:FOM if someone got close with the shotgun it was over (so long as they had even a modicum of skill).

Had that happen twice in Alleys. Our entire squad spawned in a dead end while the entire other team was all marksman/far eye on top of a building looking direct down on us. Couldn't even fucking move 2 feet without dying. It took about 60 kills before we spawned elsewhere.

Spy

When I was playing yesterday I didn't even know I was in a spot where people respawn and two people spawned directly in front of me so I just hit them in the back for a one hit kill.

Teknoman

About the Splicer gun, how does secondary fire work? Just tap R2 then shoot normally? Or hold R2 down till the gun shoots itself? If its holding R2 until it shoots...thats far too long to be effective at any range.

Top Bottom