• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

jstevenson said:
actually we did orchestrate some of the score and used a new composer, I would say we put a big emphasis on it and you'll hear more soon

That's good to hear.

There's so little material to go by, so this video was basically the only exposure I've had to any Resistance 2 music, and upon hearing it sound so similar to the first I was a bit disappointed that it may be representative of the entire product.

I've still got a lot of hope though. Can't wait to hear more.

-viper-

Banned
Graphically that looked awesome. CG like quality and awesome lighting.

Let's hope the in-game graphics are just like this.

Gbeav

Banned
The recent hype made me start R1 over on a hard setting and now I'm stuck at the church, god I hate those crawling things.

Booooo me

Big-E

Gbeav said:
The recent hype made me start R1 over on a hard setting and now I'm stuck at the church, god I hate those crawling things.

Booooo me

Just go to the entrance with your back to the wall and start shooting.

Trevelyan

Banned
slicedking said:
Awesome footage.

Hope we can get some gameplay soon.
Hopefully we'll get some more tonight or tomorrow from the R2 media event tonight.

I really like the blood splatter on the camera, btw. So awesome.

Gbeav said:

Booooo me

I always like running around in circles to get huge groups of them lumped up and after you. Then turn around, backpedal and blast them with the shotty.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Dude haha, Awesome, awesomeawesomeawesome. giddy tee hee

Tee heee

:D Nov. 4th

I wish Sony would have spread some of these games out. RFOM, MS2 and LBP are all going to be competing for time through the holidays for me.

Ploid 3.0

Hale's voice:

Yeah hearing Hale was a bit weird for me because of the way I imagined he would sound. Due to him not having a voice in the first game everyone were forced to create him in their own way. That was the bad part of not giving him a voice, but after some time people will get used to the new hale, the real hale.

Edit:
Fenderputty said:
I wish Sony would have spread some of these games out. RFOM, MS2 and LBP are all going to be competing for time through the holidays for me.

Me too. But I made one pact. I was getting R2 no matter what. If only because of the way co op will be. I don't want to get in when everyone know exactly what to do and I'm following tried and true strategies. I want to be figuring things out with everyone at the same time. Also I joined the R1 MP scene too late. I could never catch up and it kept putting me off of playing because everyone else were so good.

Now LBP, and M2 will be fighting, and fighting hard. M2 has a spot in my heart though. I like racers, but I just got Burnout paradise and that's been scratching my itch. I chose to wait on GT5 full to not be burnt out with GT5:p.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Hale's voice:

Yeah hearing Hale was a bit weird for me because of the way I imagined he would sound. Due to him not having a voice in the first game everyone were forced to create him in their own way. That was the bad part of not giving him a voice, but after some time people will get used to the new hale, the real hale.

Edit:

Me too. But I made one pact. I was getting R2 no matter what. If only because of the way co op will be. I don't want to get in when everyone know exactly what to do and I'm following tried and true strategies. I want to be figuring things out with everyone at the same time. Also I joined the R1 MP scene too late. I could never catch up and it kept putting me off of playing because everyone else were so good.

Now LBP, and M2 will be fighting, and fighting hard. M2 has a spot in my heart though. I like racers, but I just got Burnout paradise and that's been scratching my itch. I chose to wait on GT5 full to not be burnt out with GT5:p.

lbp, ms2, r2 are all day 1 for me

gbovo

Can someone post a direct link to the video. I'm using the PS3's browser ahd IGN keeps telling me to upgrade my Flash software to view the download link. Thanx.

deepbrown

Looks good. Odd hearing his voice. Sometimes I just think looking and listening to the main chracter - Generic. Bald, American, Army Guy, Badass Voice. Yawn.

FirewalkR

Aaah, played a bit more of my VtM:Bloodlines Tremere run (nostalgia) and now... I don't have to wait anymore for the R2 vid. :D

DrPirate

Banned
Considering we've heard his voice already, I like the way he sounds.

Actually I liked everything in that trailer except for the look of the trucks, which looked floaty and without weight.

Top notch stuff... Will buy Day 1 ( got preorder)

FirewalkR

The only difference between the cutscenes and in game is a little higher quality lighting and shadowing.

OH MY JSTEVENSON! If that's a "little higher quality" than you guys can do in real-time (while keeping a smooth framerate) when you show current gameplay I'll be speechless.

While I have no doubt the game will look good, I wish you had shown the transition to gameplay, though, for better comparison. ;) The Chimeran gunfire at the end looked a bit more than "a little higher quality". :p

Now, when do we see more? (the more you give, the more we want :D)

EDIT: Going back only now I noticed that the "a little higher quality" comment was from ND's Richard Diamant regarding Uncharted. And he's right about what he said. So much for not reading properly. :p I can only dream that this cutscene is only, say, "somewhat better" than R2's gameplay. :)

SolidSnakex said:
Yeah, but what Ted has described recently sounds awesome.

But one improvement I think everyone will notice is our new water. It's refractive, reflective, and can be tuned to create anything from muddy swamp water to a crystal clear Caribbean shoreline. It's fully interactive--meaning characters create very believable ripples and waves as they move around in it.

One of my favorite moments in the game takes place in a flooded area of Twin Falls, Idaho, where around 20 submerged leapers rush the player. All of the leapers are creating ripples, which interact with each other, something that's incredibly hard to program, especially if you want the game to run fast. It's also easy to get distracted by how cool the water looks while you're getting chewed up by the leapers

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/resistance2/news.html?sid=6197590&mode=previews&page=2
God that sounds awesome

FirewalkR said:
OH MY JSTEVENSON! If that's a "little higher quality" than you guys can do in real-time (while keeping a smooth framerate) when you show current gameplay I'll be speechless.

While I have no doubt the game will look good, I wish you had shown the transition to gameplay, though, for better comparison. ;) The Chimeran gunfire at the end looked a bit more than "a little higher quality". :p

Now, when do we see more? (the more you give, the more we want :D)

243oi8o.png

Does Resistance 2 give you the "o-face"?

DrPirate

Banned
FirewalkR said:
If it were gameplay it truly would. However, I can honestly say that after watching it, just like DrPirate, I feel great.

302q78z.jpg

Yeah, to quote what I was just telling my roomate, I'm really happy with the way it looks, I didn't want it to "beat" gears, I don't care about console e-peen wagging, I just wanted it to look "good".

I'm very very very satisfied and Hale's facial animation is top-notch. Up-there with Heavenly Sword imo.

I have no complaints except for the looks of the trucks.

Edit: Does GAF clan still play Resistance and is there a possibility I might be able to join in some nights?

jmd494

Wow...simply amazing.

To make a comparison:
- My R1 hype at this point in its life was about a 9
- My R2 hype before this video was about a 6
- My R2 hype now is about a 9.5

And I do agree that Hale is a little too gruff. I think Snake in MGS4 was the perfect badass character. He was badass...yet he had vulnerabilities and quirks that made him more real and makes you be able to better relate to him.

Then again, I hardly expect any game BUT MGS4 to go that deep into creating a character.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Why are people complaining about Hale's voice? He sounds exactly how I pictured him and I doubt he'll be doing too much talking.

Ploid 3.0

RoboPlato said:
Why are people complaining about Hale's voice? He sounds exactly how I pictured him and I doubt he'll be doing too much talking.

I'm glad he's talking. He'll seem chatty even, they say.

jmd494

RoboPlato said:
I believe JS said that Hale would be "downright chatty"

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Ploid 3.0 said:
I'm glad he's talking. He'll seem chatty even, they say.
Considering that he had about 2 lines in R1 there's no way he wouldn't seem chatty in comparison.:lol

Also, MOAR SCREENCAPS!!!!

RoboPlato said:

Who wouldn't be gruff? I mean the guy is battling an alien invasion. He's only effective because he's infected and, he knows his future looks bleak. I would wake up every morning with a major case of the "red ass" damning everything I see with such knowledge and responsibility.

RoboPlato said:

I just watched it again and its already growing on me its just a little shocking to hear him speak after
so long. Damn though the game look so good.

Top Bottom