• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

CrushDance said:
I'm having some real issues with the beta...it feels really slow and sluggish. Playing Co-Op with my brother was horrible as tons of grims would spawn and the tortary gun? would run out of ammo fast. I can't even switch weapons, it says to press triangle but any weapon we pick up or find(Maybe just messages?) isn't usable.

That's a really hard mission to start on for only 2p Co-Op (it's random each time). On one hand you're swarmed with Grims so you need to keep your ammo count up (in which case your bro would be best off as Spec-Ops to feed you ammo), and on the other hand you're swarmed with Grims so you'll be taking a lot of damage (in which case your bro would be best off as Medic to heal you!).

That mission still gives me a pain when trying to play with 2-3 members, but once you get the hang of it and you and your brother get some chemistry going, no matter what class you choose (Spec-Ops and Soldiers can still revive each other, it just takes longer than with Medic) you'll see how fun co-op can be. Just keep in mind that if you only want to play with your brother and no-one else in the party, it's going to be a challenge.

In Co-Op you don't pick up weapons. At level 2 (or is it 3? I dun remember) you'll unlock a secondary weapon for your class. Soldier gets the Rossmore Shotgun, Medic gets the Carbine Rifle, and Spec-Ops gets the Bullseye Rifle. Further down the line you'll unlock more weapons; each class gets a total of 4 secondary weapons you can equip.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
As long as they chill the hell out they'll be fine.

It's soloable as a medic if you have the time, for instance.

Banned
I have a code that I will not be using since I am too busy with Dead Space and Fable 2. First to quote me gets it.

edit: henhowc got it.

careksims

Y'know after the whole Fable 2 CE debacle, I hope that us, who preordered our RE2 CEs, get everything intact. I want my Chimera figure!

careksims said:
Y'know after the whole Fable 2 CE debacle, I hope that us, who preordered our RE2 CEs, get everything intact. I want my Chimera figure!

Considering they went and made it more awesome after announcing it, I don't think SCEA will let us down.

zeloe326

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just got sent a Beta Code. Downloading now. Big Download buy the way, over 2GB, yikes.

RobertM

I'm not having fun with R2 competitive mode at all. I played R1 right after playing the beta and I was having way more fun. The guns in R2 are a lot slower, most of them are under powered, healths takes more time to regenerate, precision means shit in the game compared to R1, character movement is slower. Maybe it's just me, but I fear that I'm not gona be playing R2 mp as much as I did with R1, and that really makes me sad.

RobertM said:
I'm not having fun with R2 competitive mode at all. I played R1 right after playing the beta and I was having way more fun. The guns in R2 are a lot slower, most of them are under powered, healths takes more time to regenerate, precision means shit in the game compared to R1, character movement is slower. Maybe it's just me, but I fear that I'm not gona be playing R2 mp as much as I did with R1, and that really makes me sad.

Guns are slower? I don't even know what this means.

Most of them are not underpowered. Honestly, now that I know about priming the blades on the splicer, I don't think ANY of them are underpowered.

You're compaining about health regen? Maybe it does take a bit more time to fill up, but what you seem to be missing is the fact that you regen health while sprinting and in other situations which you did not in RFOM. The real complaint should be that we can't sprint and reload at the same time now :p

Hmm, precision is less important for some guns, and more important for others (Marksman).

Characters are a bit slower... which is unfortunate, but oh well. The sprint needs to be tweaked to not stop in so many circumstances.

RobertM

My Arms Your Hearse said:
Guns are slower? I don't even know what this means.

Most of them are not underpowered. Honestly, now that I know about priming the blades on the splicer, I don't think ANY of them are underpowered.

You're compaining about health regen? Maybe it does take a bit more time to fill up, but what you seem to be missing is the fact that you regen health while sprinting and in other situations which you did not in RFOM. The real complaint should be that we can't sprint and reload at the same time now :p

Hmm, precision is less important for some guns, and more important for others (Marksman).

Characters are a bit slower... which is unfortunate, but oh well. The sprint needs to be tweaked to not stop in so many circumstances.
As in shots per minute slower.

Not a single gun stands out to me, and Carbine feels less powerful than it did in R1.

You can run but still die most of them time since you're engaging groups of people. I prefer R1 regeneration which lets your survive for some time.

Even with Markmans, a burst weapon, it takes a significant amount of shots to kill a person. It should be a lot more powerful in scope mode, and weak in regular.

It's just little things that make the experiment a lot different for me compared to the experience I got from R1. Maybe it's also the maps and the community, but those things stood out the most.

NeoCross

Been playing for about 3 hours and fuck, coop is friggin addicting :D

Anybody up for some coop? let's organize a game!

PSN: cvcross

oneHeero

RobertM said:
As in shots per minute slower.

Not a single gun stands out to me, and Carbine feels less powerful than it did in R1.

You can run but still die most of them time since you're engaging groups of people. I prefer R1 regeneration which lets your survive for some time.

Even with Markmans, a burst weapon, it takes a significant amount of shots to kill a person. It should be a lot more powerful in scope mode, and weak in regular.

It's just little things that make the experiment a lot different for me compared to the experience I got from R1. Maybe it's also the maps and the community, but those things stood out the most.
Your not playing right, no offense your just not good yet.

I can use the carbine only and go 24-4 19-3 etc etc with no problems. Marksman takes literally 3 shots if your good. I get slapped up by friends when they use it.

You can run away from ppl easier in R1 but stop being a pussy and get good(no offense just sounded better :p)

Carbine is ridiculously strong, use the iron sight and watch them drop cuz your accuracy increases.

I love the way you could turn around in R1 and fight back, in R2 you can but you have to be really good. I havent gotten good at turning around and defending myself, but I'm getting better.

Add me to PSN if you wanna play some tonight.

Wise_ is my PSN

oneHeero said:
I love the way you could turn around in R1 and fight back, in R2 you can but you have to be really good. I havent gotten good at turning around and defending myself, but I'm getting better.

Turning acceleration needs to kick in a lot faster for it to be like R1. Would be nice if we could tweak it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Guled said:
I don't know if its just me, but I can't create games or use matchmaking. Anyone else having this problem?
I've been having a really hard time doing anything today. I think all of the extra people coming in last night have really strained the servers.

RobertM

oneHeero said:
Your not playing right, no offense your just not good yet.

I can use the carbine only and go 24-4 19-3 etc etc with no problems. Marksman takes literally 3 shots if your good. I get slapped up by friends when they use it.

You can run away from ppl easier in R1 but stop being a pussy and get good(no offense just sounded better :p)

Carbine is ridiculously strong, use the iron sight and watch them drop cuz your accuracy increases.

Add me to PSN if you wanna play some tonight.

Wise_ is my PSN
Well I still haven't figured out what gun to use, so I'm still having a problem figuring out what works best. I don't want to think highly of myself but I'm fairly good in most FPSes (Resistance, BF, CoD4, MoHAA,etc.), but I still trying to grasp R2. Also I used Carbine with and without iron sight, still get killed even though I started shooting before the other guy. I don't have any insentive at getting good if I don't like the game and the vibe, but maybe that will change after the game releases.

I'm down to play some matches with you.

Guled

I love the Carbine. My fav weapon so far. Its alt fire is godly, got 4 kills at once with it. But running out of a round in the middle of firefight is always depressing. Just wish each clip could hold a little more bullets

imperium

Playstation Underground just sent me a beta code but I'm already in because of my Gamestop preorder.

So if someone wants it, send me a PM.

EDIT: Code given to jsrv

Quixzlizx

What class/weapon combo recharges the soldier's shields? Sorry, in the middle of a game and don't have time to go through the thread :D

Guled

Saw this over at the new myres fourm

Bryan' Blog (10/24) said:
420-Estimated hours it'll take to unlock everything across Resistance 2's three game modes (campaign, co-op, and competitive multiplayer)

Up to 2-4 times bigger-The general size difference between Resistance 2's environments and those in Resistance: Fall of Man

60-plus-Different level/map combinations in competitive multiplayer

5-Hours of music, which includes 3.25 hours of orchestral scoring. By comparison, R:FOM had 1.5 total hours

7,300-The poly count of a Hybrid's face. These six-eyed freaks sported 3,600 in R1

200-Number of unique animations for Resistance 2's human character models

Infinite-Hours of entertainment thanks to our new "chunk" technology. Flying body parts FTW!
420 hours, that is really amazing. Can't wait only 10 days away :D

shagg_187 said:
I can confirm that 1 hit kill is in the final game as an unlockable option (I guess that's all i should confirm? :p).
That said, it looks fucking amazing! It's not called "1 hit kill". It has some other name related to the ammo/bullet if im correct. When the bullets hits the enemy, the impact from the bullet will make their bodies tear apart like it's an anime or something.
I loved it, you shall too :D

EDIT: Should mention that this is for single player experience. I don't know about it for multiplayer experience. :)
Bryan' Blog (10/24) said:
Infinite-Hours of entertainment thanks to our new "chunk" technology. Flying body parts FTW!

HA! I AM REDEEMED!

ianp622

The only thing I don't like about competitive multiplayer is that the spawn points are completely random. I would prefer not to be spawned right in front of an enemy with a shotgun so that I end up being blown away a second within respawning. It would be nice to be able to choose a spot or at least have it pick a spot for you more intelligently.

Septimus

Does anyone know if there's going to be cutscenes and story elements in the co-op campaign? I just don't want it to turn out like the "story mode" in UT III where it's just moving from arena to arena.

Yea I'm starting to notice that there are quite a few Soldiers that suck at the game and blame the other classes for them being horrible...

Man, some people can be really thick in co-op.

I had a really good 4 player match going. Two soldiers, one spec-ops, and I was the medic. Then our spec-ops got disconnected, and another soldier joined, right at the part with three titans on the hill where they can nail you with their cannons from pretty long range. I kept asking someone to switch to spec-ops when they died so we could have some ammo, but no one ever did. I even told them exactly how to do it in case they didn't know. I was constantly out of heal shots, and every time I tried to get close enough to charge them I got hammered. So we died, right there at what would have been the end, because all three soldiers refused to change class.

bjscott05

ianp622 said:
The only thing I don't like about competitive multiplayer is that the spawn points are completely random. I would prefer not to be spawned right in front of an enemy with a shotgun so that I end up being blown away a second within respawning. It would be nice to be able to choose a spot or at least have it pick a spot for you more intelligently.

I only have a real problem with this in smaller maps such as San Fran.

Jaroof

I got into the beta tonight!!!! :D

So far, all I can say is this :

Awesome.

I love it. The co-op keeps you on your toes, because you not only have to fend for yourself, but you really have to watch your partner's backs so that you can keep going.. I haven't got completely through a co-op mission yet, but I'm going to keep trying until I do! Oh, and competitive mode seems like a lot more fun than in the first game. Can't wait for this game to be released.. at least I have something to do until LBP is released now, other than Odin Sphere :D

NeoCross said:
Been playing for about 3 hours and fuck, coop is friggin addicting :D

Anybody up for some coop? let's organize a game!

PSN: cvcross

Amen. I'm down! haha

TelemachusD said:
Man, some people can be really thick in co-op.

I had a really good 4 player match going. Two soldiers, one spec-ops, and I was the medic. Then our spec-ops got disconnected, and another soldier joined, right at the part with three titans on the hill where they can nail you with their cannons from pretty long range. I kept asking someone to switch to spec-ops when they died so we could have some ammo, but no one ever did. I even told them exactly how to do it in case they didn't know. I was constantly out of heal shots, and every time I tried to get close enough to charge them I got hammered. So we died, right there at what would have been the end, because all three soldiers refused to change class.

Yeah, I ran into a similar problem earlier tonight. We had 4 medics, a spec ops, and I was the soldier.

My team never stuck together. They basically ignored me the entire time. At one point I had 6 bullets left and was standing directly in the spec-ops' face, bunny hopping like a damn fool and the dude just ignored me. I even fired off my final 6 rounds into him. All the medics also didn't know what the fack they were doing.

The few games where the team was helping each other out was really fun. I think with some friends this mode could be really awesome.

shagg_187 said:
I am proud to be a Medic! I try to do my best and at times sacrifice myself to revive others! :)

yea medic is the shiznit. there's been a few games where I managed to get the most kills, while babysitting with health/revives!

Dizzan

MINI Member
I got my Qore code finally. Who wants it?

PS Loving the Beta although I think the enemies shouldn't take soooo many hits to die in co-op.

Andvary

Dizzan said:
I got my Qore code finally. Who wants it?

PS Loving the Beta although I think the enemies shouldn't take soooo many hits to die in co-op.

I want it, please :)

Thanks a lot Dizzan! :D

Top Bottom