• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

andycapps

rjcc said:
5, all ranked. maybe I'm on a team with all illiterates, I don't know because they won't say anything

Weird, I usually get at least 1 person that has a mic. Now some people don't seem to use it that much, which is weird. I don't see why they'd connect a mic if they're not going to use it for communication and strategies with their teammates.

-viper-

Banned
Someone should rename this thread to RESISTANCE 2- Hate Thread w/latest info.

The worst thing about this thread are the clowns who continuously posting about Killzone 2.

Dante

-viper- said:
Someone should rename this thread to RESISTANCE 2- Hate Thread w/latest info.

The worst thing about this thread are the clowns who continuously posting about Killzone 2.

The more different they are, the better. I don't want the same game twice within a 4 month period.

JardeL

What happened to R2 servers ? " NO SERVERS FOUND " :( Beta closed or region protection ? hope its not ...

btw crouching is pretty useful if there are Hellfire Turrets anywhere near ...

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
A couple noobish questions:

1. In co-op, as a soldier, is there anything I can do if I run out of ammo and there's no spec ops guy around?

2. How do I know who's talking over the headset? Sometimes someone will yell for help or something and I'm never sure who's speaking.

JardeL

sykoex said:

1. In co-op, as a soldier, is there anything I can do if I run out of ammo and there's no spec ops guy around?

2. How do I know who's talking over the headset? Sometimes someone will yell for help or something and I'm never sure who's speaking.
1- Yup , suicide :)
2- You can see at the right side of the screen ...

sykoex said:

1. Some enemies occasionally drop ammo packs. Worst case scenario, just die and when you're revived you'll be full on ammo. :lol At level 8 you'll get an upgrade for your gun that'll let you carry more rounds. It's very helpful for these situations.

2. It should indicate who's speaking next to the mic icon that appears in the lower right hand corner of the screen.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Wow, after playing the co-op for a while I'm starting to wonder if I even need Killzone 2. Killzone looks awesome but I don't like competitive multiplayer, and I know killzone will get a co-op patch, but I can't imagine it being as good as R2's. Just cause R2 co-op REALLY makes you cooperate and everyone serves a purpose due to the awesome classes.

Also I like how it feels like an MMO instance where the combat is centered in different areas and it isn't all just running forward until you get to the end of the level.

BOOSH I GOT IT!!!

I punched in the coordinates and they gave '4 mile park' a historical park near where I live that I know very well.
The clue was "outside to the left of the hike gate, two feet to the right of the lamp' I drove over there went to main gates, looked to the left and snagged the bag.
It's a canvas canteen bag with the Resistance star logo on it. I'm going to get my camera, but Looks liike there is a T-shirt a compass (fucking sweet) and a note in the front. Give me a few minutes.

Big-E

BobTheFork said:
BOOSH I GOT IT!!!

I punched in the coordinates and they gave '4 mile park' a historical park near where I live that I know very well.
The clue was "outside to the left of the hike gate, two feet to the right of the lamp' I drove over there went to main gates, looked to the left and snagged the bag.
It's a canvas canteen bag with the Resistance star logo on it. I'm going to get my camera, but Looks liike there is a T-shirt a compass (fucking sweet) and a note in the front. Give me a few minutes.

Damn. Lucky bastard. Congrats man.

Len Dontree

Animator. Respect knuckles.
jjasper said:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
T - E - L - E - C - O - R - R - E - S - P - O - N - D - E - N - C - E
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

To all vigilant U.S. citizens,
America is at a bloody crossroads. Millions of our brothers, sisters, sons and daughters have perished because of a greedy, corrupt government. They did nothing to defend us from the alien warlords that now ravage our beloved soil. It's their fault, but it's our problem.

Despite the rumors you may have heard, the Alliance has survived. Our offices were decimated, our ranks diminished, but nothing could ever crush our rebel spirit. We were driven underground but, just like a feral beast, we are strongest when we’re backed into a corner and threatened with certain death. That time has come – we need to act now.

Join the fight to save our country and remember...
www.americafirstamericaonly.com

I got that email, but I'm not in the beta. Are they still sending out codes, and would this have anything to do with that?

Awntawn

EnthusiasTech said:
What happened to R2 servers ? " NO SERVERS FOUND " :( Beta closed or region protection ? hope its not ...

btw crouching is pretty useful if there are Hellfire Turrets anywhere near ...
Prolly jacked the servers to put a bandaid on the LBP server issues D;

Ok, here are the pics of what I found, and this is seriously cool swag. Its a canvas canteen bag with the Resistance logo
Inside I found:
-A SRPA T-shirt, it's not a cheap T at all.
-An 'Official evacuation card" at belongs to someone. It has an ID number and a code on it (covered those in case I need it for more ARG stuff)
-A small Pin-up pictures w/ lipstick mark on it. I'm not sure who that is, if she's a real person. Someone tell me.
-An empty bottle of 'European flu vaccine' LULZ. Its really cool and has a tiny cork in it.
-A small canvas snap pouch that has an army compass in it. This is the coolest thing IMO. I'll point out the inside is perfect but its outter case has been marred by combat. Everything looks really aged (except shirt) and it even smells like my dad's old Army tent.

Insomniac has really gone over the top with the ARG and background story and It's great to see. This is a killer piece of swag, and it hooks right onto my Resistance jacket for full effect XD.
HPIM0734.jpg

HPIM0735.jpg

HPIM0736.jpg

HPIM0737.jpg

HPIM0740.jpg

HPIM0743.jpg

HPIM0744.jpg

HPIM0745.jpg

Cruzader

Banned
BobTheFork said:
BOOSH I GOT IT!!!

so can everyone play/do this?

Pai Pai Master said:
Seriously? It was just lying there?

I might try and go get this one in Buckhead.
Well, the bag was being watched but yes it was just sitting there (hidden in a bush next to a lamp). As soon as I got it, someone sitting nearby in a car said congrats and drove off.
Yes, Cruzader, whoever gets to these bags first gets them. Go to AmericafirstAmericaonly.com and look to see if your city is listed. If it is, click on it and get the coordinates. put them into a online map system and see where it is. There is also a clue to go with it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
That is AWESOME stuff, congratulations on finding it Bob. Too bad I can't get to any of the other drop zones, I really want a SRPA shirt. I hope they sell them eventually.

Man. I think I might try and get this one in Atlanta. I just hope someone hasn't already picked it up; I'd hate to drive down there for nothing. Wish me luck.

Was it really easy to find? Like any passerby could have spotted it? Or was it well hidden?

NinjaFridge said:
Also Bob, what does your jacket look like?
Like This:
Jacket.jpg

It's huge (even big on me). It was made by an Army supply company so it's really well done. It's got a zipout liner and the Resistance logo on the top of the back. Really warm : )

Pai Pai Master said:
Man. I think I might try and get this one in Atlanta. I just hope someone hasn't already picked it up; I'd hate to drive down there for nothing. Wish me luck.

Was it really easy to find? Like any passerby could have spotted it? Or was it well hidden?
It was a tiny green bag in the bottom of a bush and it blended in well so I don't think anyone who wasn't looking would have found it. I think that's why they had someone watching it too, to make sure a random person didn't find it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Aeon712 said:
Argh why is there no drop in Philly, my only competition for it would prob be Efert, Sutdawg and Captain N.
I'm pretty sure that there's going to be a drop in Philly since it's on the list, it just hasn't happened yet.

Guled

BobTheFork said:
Like This:
Jacket.jpg

It's huge (even big on me). It was made by an Army supply company so it's really well done. It's got a zipout liner and the Resistance logo on the top of the back. Really warm : )
you don't know how much I hate you right now

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Just FYI - there is an official midnight launch event for the game next week at the Metreon.

More details to come, but there will be deals, swag and Insomniacs on hand. :D

Nafai1123

Banned
jstevenson said:
Just FYI - there is an official midnight launch event for the game next week at the Metreon.

Damn, if I didn't have two midterms on the 4th I would so be there.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
jstevenson said:

Europe is sucking so much right now

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
jstevenson said:

Any word on if any swag will be available for purchase later on? I would love to be decked out in Resistance gear.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
RobertM said:
Chimera already took it over anyways.

Kinda, look at some of the maps, Some have Ireland covered, some have it completely safe and others have it so that the chimera have been stopped at the border of Northern Ireland and Rep. of Ireland. It is something that hasn't been mentioned so im curious as to what actually happened, was it 'saved' when Britain won against the chimera or was it always unoccupied by them?

Darnit where's buttonbasher?
I need to find that ARG site again. The one wehre you could log into a terminal but noone had a login and PW yet. This exac card has an ID and code and at this point im convinced I can do something more with it.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
BobTheFork said:
Darnit where's buttonbasher?
I need to find that ARG site again. The one wehre you could log into a terminal but noone had a login and PW yet. This exac card has an ID and code and at this point im convinced I can do something more with it.

http://terminal-srpa.net/

Dante

jstevenson said:

Oh wow, You guys will have plenty of LE's there? Might have to GO :D

I know where the Los Angeles drop off of schwag is. I'm a little too far right now from it and with traffic going now I just cant leave work, but I could help anyone who wants to know where it is...if it hasn't been picked up already.

Fizzle

JS, seeing as you're here, give us more news!

Can we expect bigger maps than Orick or MUCH bigger maps than Orick?

60 player online has been doing my head in.

Guled

Fizzle said:
JS, seeing as you're here, give us more news!

Can we expect bigger maps than Orick or MUCH bigger maps than Orick?

60 player online has been doing my head in.
Orick is huge, you really want something bigger?

Top Bottom