• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Aeon712 said:
Any chance of the Resistance jacket going on sell? I need it to match my Resistance shirt I got from Hot Topic.
They have Resistance shirts at Hot Topic? Why did nobody tell me this?

Len1978

BobTheFork said:
Well, the bag was being watched but yes it was just sitting there (hidden in a bush next to a lamp). As soon as I got it, someone sitting nearby in a car said congrats and drove off.
Yes, Cruzader, whoever gets to these bags first gets them. Go to AmericafirstAmericaonly.com and look to see if your city is listed. If it is, click on it and get the coordinates. put them into a online map system and see where it is. There is also a clue to go with it.

Dude that is so awesome, I'm so jealous :D

I guess I'm pretty late to the thread and nobody cares about my opinions but here they are anyway:

Got my beta code Friday night and played for a few hours. I enjoyed the first game for a while after launch but the MP didn't hold my interest very long and I traded it in. As far as the dem...beta, here's what I think:

- Competitive multi seems fine, the same good multi as the first game. I didn't notice too much of a difference, personally. If anything it's better. I remapped the controls first thing, of course, but after that it was very easy to get into and play. I suppose the XP aren't being saved on purpose, I haven't searched the thread to see. Enjoyed playing it, but I still can't imagine sinking too much time into it as I play SP primarily and if I do take time to play multi in general I prefer other games.

- Co-Op - Was exited for this as I love co-op on stuff like H3 and Gears, but this is something totally different. Maybe I just got into some bad games, but I played 4 or so and every time was basically a clusterfuck with what seemed like hundreds of chimera rushing us, I don't think any game lasted more than 4-5 minutes. Seems very difficult and ammo is in short supply. It might be one of those things where you have to plan and communicate and everybody has to play their class correctly to enjoy it. If so, that's too bad because I will never take the time to do that kind of thing.

So, overall it seems to be shaping up nicely but nothing too earth shattering. I'm looking forward to the SP campaign.

desertdroog

Co-op works as long as everyone is working toward the same goal. It is imperative that there be a good complement of each class to maximise the chance of finishing the level.

I don't know if it I am lucky or if the people I have been playing with are "getting it" but I have finished the coop section multiple times and don't even have to shout out for ammo or health...people just...do their job.

Madman said:
I'm at level 5, and the Chimera are getting very agressive.

Early on, you can really abuse the AI, but as you level up, the AI basically starts ripping you to pieces. It was really cool watching the Chimera tear down my team yesterday. They basically formed a squad of 4 or so powerful Chimera with Augers that rushed from teammate to teammate, taking us out one by one. I was watching my teammates dying and wasn't sure why they were. I thought I was fine at first, until another teammate died and a mass of Auger shots were coming at me. I survived, thinking they had forgotten about me, only to be rushed by all of them. I was down virtually instantly. After I went down, I saw them turn their attention to my other teammate, and did the same procedure(shot off what I would guess was a full clip of auger ammo to soften him up, then rushed). We lost.

Also, I was fighting during the defend the hill part and ended up getting hurt bad. My entire team was either down or badly injured, so I holed myself up and used the alt fire of the marksman to pick them off. It was going good, until the Chimera came out from cover and killed me instantly. We did barely make it out alive this time, but it was very close.

If you want to level up faster, be a medic and join a random game. Odds are, you will get a ton of experience due to trying to hold up your constantly dying team.

That sounds awesome and is encouraging to hear. When I was playing the other night I wondered if you could just have one player stay out of the action to ensure you never failed the mission. The fact that they hunt you down on higher levels puts that fear to rest.

Llyranor

Dr. Zoidberg said:
- Co-Op - Was exited for this as I love co-op on stuff like H3 and Gears, but this is something totally different. Maybe I just got into some bad games, but I played 4 or so and every time was basically a clusterfuck with what seemed like hundreds of chimera rushing us, I don't think any game lasted more than 4-5 minutes. Seems very difficult and ammo is in short supply. It might be one of those things where you have to plan and communicate and everybody has to play their class correctly to enjoy it. If so, that's too bad because I will never take the time to do that kind of thing.

That puts emphasis on the classes. You're not generally self-sufficient. Soldiers shoot and suck up bullets, medics heal and spec ops give ammo and keep the war machine going. Without teamwork, you die.

desertdroog

To add to my post, in a 4 player coop situation (I've only played 8 player) I imagine you need at least one of every class and the fourth guy could be any of the three. I think an extra Medic would be the best then Soldier then Spec-Ops to add to the fourth wheel:

Add an extra soldier for extra fire power and shield coverage, but then your Spec-Ops and Medic will have to make sure they are maximising their health and ammo drops. But the soliders should make sure they are using their shields to the best of making sure there is no flanking.

Add an extra medic and you will have a better chance at reviving people quicker, something I would think is the most opportune due to the Medics being able to both heal and deal damage, however you may not progress as fast as having two soldiers.

Add an extra Spec-Ops and will have all the ammo you need, plus the ability for stand-off headshots to pelt the Chimeran hordes. This team setup would require great communication and the ability for your team of three (soldier - medic - spec ops) to keep moving forward with the extra spec ops to shadow from a distance only coming to aid in case someone is killed and to get health as necessary.

Sounds intriguing and I need to try it out once the game drops and I can get some dedicated play time with people I can trust/communicate with.

Llyranor said:
That puts emphasis on the classes. You're not generally self-sufficient. Soldiers shoot and suck up bullets, medics heal and spec ops give ammo and keep the war machine going. Without teamwork, you die.

Hmmm. Is there going to to be normal co-op in the full game? (i.e. going through the SP campaign with other people, none of this class stuff)

Well, it took a while but I got my bag. It was really hidden! I was ready to give up and decided to check a second time and rummaged through a bush for like 5 minutes before spotting it. There was this lady standing at the bus stop wondering what the hell I was doing. :lol

I feel gipped though! No photo and no little bottle of vaccine or whatever. The compass, watch, t-shirt and Evac Card were in there though. Very cool stuff, neat little promotion. I noticed a guy in a BMW across the road watching me...kinda creepy. Once I found it he just drove away.

Lemme know if you find anything more about the codes on the Evac Card, Bob. I wonder what it's for.

2rhtcfs.jpg

b67gn9.jpg

Pai Pai Master said:
Well, it took a while but I got my bag. It was really hidden! I was ready to give up and decided to check a second time and rummaged through a bush for like 5 minutes before spotting it. There was this lady standing at the bus stop wondering what the hell I was doing. :lol

I feel gipped though! No photo and no little bottle of vaccine or whatever. The compass, watch, t-shirt and Evac Card were in there though. Very cool stuff, neat little promotion. I noticed a guy in a BMW across the road watching me...kinda creepy. Once I found it he just drove away.

Lemme know if you find anything more about the codes on the Evac Card, Bob. I wonder what it's for.

2rhtcfs.jpg

b67gn9.jpg
I already used the code, well only the serial number but it's for the Americafirste site.

Go tohttp://www.americafirstamericaonly.com/metastasis/
And register. Once you get the e-mail go back to the site and enter the game. You put the serial code in at hte bottom right. It unlocks more levels of the virus game. Apparently we need to beat them all and this is how they unlock.
BTW, WOW you got a sweet watch I didn't get nice. Maybe it means somwthing

I just saw the co-op video on gametrailers. the enemies dont seem to react to being hit. Almost seems mmo like interms of crap hit detection. seemed like the enemy just stood there and shot without reacting to bullets.

I hope that is just in the multiplayer or something. It would be shame if this is the way they built the enemies to be.

Shawn128

Hrm. Can't seem to get on any servers and matchmaking keeps failing on me. My PS3 has internet access cause I can go on the store and web browser no problem.

Just for shits and giggles, is anyone else having this problem?

Shawn128 said:
Hrm. Can't seem to get on any servers and matchmaking keeps failing on me. My PS3 has internet access cause I can go on the store and web browser no problem.

Just for shits and giggles, is anyone else having this problem?

servers have been down for about 30 mins

tanod

when is my burrito
jjasper said:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
T - E - L - E - C - O - R - R - E - S - P - O - N - D - E - N - C - E
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

To all vigilant U.S. citizens,
America is at a bloody crossroads. Millions of our brothers, sisters, sons and daughters have perished because of a greedy, corrupt government. They did nothing to defend us from the alien warlords that now ravage our beloved soil. It's their fault, but it's our problem.

Despite the rumors you may have heard, the Alliance has survived. Our offices were decimated, our ranks diminished, but nothing could ever crush our rebel spirit. We were driven underground but, just like a feral beast, we are strongest when we’re backed into a corner and threatened with certain death. That time has come – we need to act now.

Join the fight to save our country and remember...
www.americafirstamericaonly.com

I actually erased this from my email inbox because I thought it was some Republican hate group spam for the election next Uesday, November 4th. Only afterwards did I realize that I recognized the "America First, America Only" from the R2 ARG campaign.

Thanks for posting it.

spwolf

Kabuki Waq said:
I just saw the co-op video on gametrailers. the enemies dont seem to react to being hit. Almost seems mmo like interms of crap hit detection. seemed like the enemy just stood there and shot without reacting to bullets.

I hope that is just in the multiplayer or something. It would be shame if this is the way they built the enemies to be.

yeah, kind of sucks that you got to watch gametrailers while we play the game... everyone in the world got the key, how come you didnt?

spwolf said:
yeah, kind of sucks that you got to watch gametrailers while we play the game... everyone in the world got the key, how come you didnt?

kinda sucks that even after playing the game you cant address my post in a manner that does not make you come off like a sensitve fanboy

Facism

Kabuki Waq said:
kinda sucks that even after playing the game you cant address my post in a manner that does not make you come off like a sensitve fanboy

there's a lot of that in this thread.

RobertM

BobTheFork said:
I already used the code, well only the serial number but it's for the Americafirste site.

Go tohttp://www.americafirstamericaonly.com/metastasis/
And register. Once you get the e-mail go back to the site and enter the game. You put the serial code in at hte bottom right. It unlocks more levels of the virus game. Apparently we need to beat them all and this is how they unlock.
BTW, WOW you got a sweet watch I didn't get nice. Maybe it means somwthing
I believe each bag has its own clue, maybe to uncover events and the story.

rjcc

Kabuki Waq said:

don't mention anything bad about the game, it tends to get ugly in here. I've played it. it's exactly like that. You've seen world of warcraft right? you stand there, hack away at a guy and xp points pop up?

welcome to the shooter version.

rjcc said:
don't mention anything bad about the game, it tends to get ugly in here. I've played it. it's exactly like that. You've seen world of warcraft right? you stand there, hack away at a guy and xp points pop up?

is it known if this crap extends to the single player? it would be really depressing if multiplayer was like the co-op video but to have the main campign like that would be soul crushing.

honestly why would they make the co-op like this?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Kabuki Waq said:
is it known if this crap extends to the single player? it would be really depressing if multiplayer was like the co-op video but to have the main campign like that would be soul crushing.

Play it before ya knock it.

jstevenson said:
Play it before ya knock it.

not trying to knock it. But I gotta know. Do enemies stand still and take bullets like they do in the gametrailers video? is it only a co-op thing or does it extend to the multiplayer?

rjcc said:

Seriously. I get it, Jstevenson's awesome and all but there's a ton of legitimate complaints. The multiplayer is like a mishmash of stuff that doesn't make a good shooter.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I want to reiterate a previous point and say that I would kill for a Chimera sackboy. Please make it happen Insomiac, Media Molecule, or whoever is responsible.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Kabuki Waq said:

if you read here and play enough you would learn that at lvl 1, its a whole lot easier than at higher levels. By level 5ish they start flanking and rushing you very effectively.

You have to remember this is a beta, not a demo, and you should try the retail when it comes out before making up your mind.

Loudninja

Kabuki Waq said:

Like what fun?because it seems you have no played it, don't judge it base of a vid.

Guled said:
Most of the complaints are just that the game is different, not fundamentally wrong. Sure the bosses in coop have to much health, but it still doesn't ruin the experience. Don't kid yourself, R2 is a lot better then R1

It really is, RS1 was great, but I feel R2 is better, co-op is fun the Chicago map alone makes matches fun as well.

Guled

miyamotofreak said:
Seriously. I get it, Jstevenson's awesome and all but there's a ton of legitimate complaints. The multiplayer is like a mishmash of stuff that doesn't make a good shooter.
Most of the complaints are just that the game is different, not fundamentally wrong. Sure the bosses in coop have to much health, but it still doesn't ruin the experience. Don't kid yourself, R2 is a lot better then R1

JB1981

tanod said:
I actually erased this from my email inbox because I thought it was some Republican hate group spam for the election next Uesday, November 4th. Only afterwards did I realize that I recognized the "America First, America Only" from the R2 ARG campaign.

Thanks for posting it.
that's what i thought too hahahahha

AndyD said:
if you read here and play enough you would learn that at lvl 1, its a whole lot easier than at higher levels. By level 5ish they start flanking and rushing you very effectively.

You have to remember this is a beta, not a demo, and you should try the retail when it comes out before making up your mind.

so by level 5 they they play like how they did in R1 and other good shooters?

what about campign? does this stuff carry taint the campaign too?

the reason I am asking is that I really enjoyed the r1 campaign in co-op and single. I want the AI to be there and not just soak up the bullets while standing still.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Kabuki Waq said:

the reason I am asking is that I really enjoyed the r1 campaign in co-op and single. I want the AI to be there and not just soak up the bullets while standing still.
The AI in single player will likely be much better than in co-op. With the number of enemies that come at you and the way the co-op stages are designed having the full-scale AI would make it impossible for the players and cause performance issues. Even then it's still decent once you level up a bit.

Guled

RoboPlato said:
The AI in single player will likely be much better than in co-op. With the number of enemies that come at you and the say the co-op stages are designed having the full-scale AI would make it impossible for the players and cause performance issues. Even then it's still decent once you level up a bit.
The AI is a lot better in SP. They take cover and I got out smarted by them more then once on medium. The AI in coop gets better the higher you level up.

iceatcs

Kabuki Waq said:
I think you should blame the host player or R2's server made the A.I. faulty because might not have great upload speed or netsend for AI strip to all the other rest of the team players.
Maybe they set it on the limit AI because world do not have great speed yet esp USA is still lack behind.

I'm sure that same monsters in the single play or if it was less than 10 on co-op will be crazy better A.I.

Loudninja

Guled said:
The AI is a lot better in SP. They take cover and I got out smarted by them more then once on medium. The AI in coop gets better the higher you level up.

This chimera was about to died so it ran off than flank me from the side,I was surprise. :lol

well i am happy that single player should atleast be as awesome as the first game.

shame about not having a co-op campaign. But I have faith in insomniac single player.

spwolf

Kabuki Waq said:

you dont even know what are you talking about... so stop before you start playing the game. Or at least read what other people who are playing are writing.

Co-op is best reason to buy this game... It requires co-operation that is very natural and in the end, it works well.

When you are lvl1, and playing co-op, you are going to die...and die... and die. So do you want fucking zombies owning your ass even more? Thats why they become "smarter" by the time you learn how to play the game, otherwise you would get raped so bad you wouldnt be able to sit down for a while.

Thats why it is silly to see people complain about stupid enemies in co-op, when they cant even finish the level when they are stupid...

It is pretty awesome experience all together and I am sure those issues with pathfinding have been fixed, right js?

Kabuki Waq said:
well i am happy that single player should atleast be as awesome as the first game.

shame about not having a co-op campaign. But I have faith in insomniac single player.

It does have a co-op campaign. You've just decided to ignore its existence before giving it a decent shot.

spwolf said:
Thats why it is silly to see people complain about stupid enemies in co-op, when they cant even finish the level when they are stupid...

It is pretty awesome experience all together and I am sure those issues with pathfinding have been fixed, right js?
I dunno the only reason I die in the game is idiot healers and boredom from shooting at the same enemies for so long. That and everyone else in my group quitting out of boredom.

jstevenson said:
Just FYI - there is an official midnight launch event for the game next week at the Metreon.

More details to come, but there will be deals, swag and Insomniacs on hand. :D

So I assume the 4th is actually the in-store date and not the ship date?

Top Bottom