• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

M3Freak

Banned
Private Hoffman said:
I don't think so, and apparently Insomniac agrees given the changes they made. R1 was a great game, but far from perfect.

I say again, sir, you're on crack.

I just recieved my Resistance 2 Private Beta invite as well, this morning. I am hype!:D

I signed up on Project Abraham, got all of the phone calls, and got the private beta invitation and code in my Inbox this morning. So, I would start checking everyone and see if they start popping up.

thuway

3rdamention said:
I just recieved my Resistance 2 Private Beta invite as well, this morning. I am hype!:D

I signed up on Project Abraham, got all of the phone calls, and got the private beta invitation and code in my Inbox this morning. So, I would start checking everyone and see if they start popping up.
I am so fucking depressed. Every time, I don't get in. :(.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
JB1981 said:
WTF is the media for this game?!!!!!!!
It's fucking unbelievable. Whenever SOMETHING comes out from this game (1 minute offscreen cam footage), I watch it like 20 times. It's pathetic.

GIVE US MORE, WTF.

Defuser

Sorry you are not approved to participate in the Online Beta (yet)!

Thank you for your interest in the online beta for Resistance 2, but this phase is only open to invited participants. Don’t despair. We will soon accept applications for players to participate in the Open Beta for Resistance 2 that will start later this year. Just check back here over the next couple months for information about and ultimately the chance to apply for the Open Beta.

Thanks for your interest,

Resistance 2 Beta Team

Blah D:

So are a lot of people getting the invites today or was I just lucky? I posted on IGN and so far nobody else has received it. I got it this morning, Wednesday morning, at 1AM ET.

I also heard there would be more HOME invites going out, I really want in that as well. Heck, at least I got into Warhawk, Socom, now Resistance 2.

TuxBobble

thuway said:
I am so fucking depressed. Every time, I don't get in. :(.

Well, I feel your pain. I have gotten nothing about it. I never get into Betas, which bothers me. Only way I get to play Betas is by preordering. Team Fortress 2, MGO, SOCOM...always from a preorder.

Nothing in life is easy I guess, lol...

3rdamention said:
So are a lot of people getting the invites today or was I just lucky? I posted on IGN and so far nobody else has received it. I got it this morning, Wednesday morning, at 1AM ET.

I also heard there would be more HOME invites going out, I really want in that as well. Heck, at least I got into Warhawk, Socom, now Resistance 2.
Looks like you're just lucky. I participated in the project abraham thing too, no invite here.

OK, I got into the Beta, but I can't access the boards. It says that I am not approved for the beta yet, but I am sure as shit playing it as we speak. I have logged out, and logged back in, but it is still a no go. Do any of you in the have this problem?

JB1981

cjtiger300 said:
OK, I got into the Beta, but I can't access the boards. It says that I am not approved for the beta yet, but I am sure as shit playing it as we speak. I have logged out, and logged back in, but it is still a no go. Do any of you in the have this problem?

same thing happened to me. i don't know how to work around it.

Firewire

Banned
cjtiger300 said:

The discussion boards are only available to some of the beta players. If you want access you have to ask JS I think.

jstevenson said:
Yuuup... PM me there.

Should we PM you on myresistance.net? I just sent you a PM here. I got my beta invite this morning. I would love to offer any comments or suggestions on the beta boards. Peace and thanks for considering me!!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
3rdamention said:
Should we PM you on myresistance.net? I just sent you a PM here. I got my beta invite this morning. I would love to offer any comments or suggestions on the beta boards. Peace and thanks for considering me!!

yup, on MyRes.

jjasper

regular edition box art:

51sGypx5HvL._SS400_.jpg

Dante

brandonh83 said:
I like that better. Still getting the CE though.

The cool thing is Insomniac said they'll have all the versions printable from their website. I'm a big fan of the LE artwork though :)

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
brandonh83 said:
I like that better. Still getting the CE though.

All files will be available for high-res download from MyRes as Dante said, with maybe even an additional alternate or two for those of you who like the R1 style.

jstevenson said:
All files will be available for high-res download from MyRes as Dante said, with maybe even an additional alternate or two for those of you who like the R1 style.

Yeah, just commenting. I don't have a problem with any of the covers really, I just always liked that huge bridge art for some reason :lol

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
jstevenson said:
This is an awesome idea. Any chance you can put up high res versions without the ONLY ON PLAYSTATION/PLAYSTATION NETWORK stuff or is that a Sony mandate?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I really hate that Only on PlayStation bar at the top. Seriously, someone explain to me why they decided NOW to include those.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Kagari said:
I really hate that Only on PlayStation bar at the top. Seriously, someone explain to me why they decided NOW to include those.

I actually talked to some of the folks about that and got the bigger picture. Trust me in there is a lot behind the scenes going on with it, and that the folks at Sony do understand.

I can't say anymore than that!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
jstevenson said:
I actually talked to some of the folks about that and got the bigger picture. Trust me in there is a lot behind the scenes going on with it, and that the folks at Sony do understand.

It wouldn't be so bad if they had did this from launch... but the real question is... if third party games will have it and why SCEA is the only one doing it D:

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Did anyone hear any specifics about the R2 from the Gamestop convention? Some people started to talk about it then refused to go into any specifics yesterday other than it was intense.

thuway

RoboPlato said:
Did anyone hear any specifics about the R2 from the Gamestop convention? Some people started to talk about it then refused to go into any specifics yesterday other than it was intense.
I'm just going to start calling Gamestops, and if I find out something I'll post it here.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
jstevenson said:

:O

now im actually really curious what it is, such a tease! :þ

Ceb

jett said:

well at least I'll be able to swap it for something else...

Before someone quotes your tag, I have to add that I'm not really fond of that one either. It was a weird paint effect to it and due to the bridge in the background and the perspective, the Chimera coming out of the water look like giants and more goofy than scary.

thuway

I've called SEVEN Gamestops. Every single one is like "Our manager comes in Friday, we'll find out than."

OT: I have a bunch of sales numbers I wrote down for a US Retail Musings Thread :lol :lol :lol .

Dante

thuway said:
I've called SEVEN Gamestops. Every single one is like "Our manager comes in Friday, we'll find out than."

OT: I have a bunch of sales numbers I wrote down for a US Retail Musings Thread :lol :lol :lol .

Woah your actually calling GS for impressions? That's hardcore :lol

lethial

Reeeeeeee
Why do so many people care about the box art? Do you display it some nerdy glass case or eat meals with it at the dinner table? Take game out, put on shelf next to other games, play game. I dunno.

thuway

I hope Jstevenson is happy. I've called TWENTY stores to find out information on the new level. I even resorted to flirting with a female Gamestop employee over the phone to try and get her to text her boss. PM me to find out how that went :lol . If this doesn't prove I'm worthy of the beta, I am sure Insomniac hates me.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'm surprised Sony RLS hasn't tried to offer me the beta yet...
I want to play~
I signed up on the registration page anyway.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
If I've preordered the CE for the game there's no point in me signing up on MyRes because I'll be in before they are, right?

andycapps

thuway said:
I hope Jstevenson is happy. I've called TWENTY stores to find out information on the new level. I even resorted to flirting with a female Gamestop employee over the phone to try and get her to text her boss. PM me to find out how that went :lol . If this doesn't prove I'm worthy of the beta, I am sure Insomniac hates me.

I'd be more scared than anything if I were them. :lol

Why do they feel that Hale must be on the cover?

That one is awful. The bridge alone with the spaceships would have been so much better.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
RoboPlato said:
If I've preordered the CE for the game there's no point in me signing up on MyRes because I'll be in before they are, right?

If you pre-ordered from Gamestop and got the code.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Metalmurphy said:
Why do they feel that Hale must be on the cover?

That one is awful. The bridge alone with the spaceships would have been so much better.

Hale IS the star of the show, i think it just needs a better art of Hale, in a different pose, more dramatic angle...

this Cover just looks too much like a "product", its too obvious and it does'nt stand out.

Dever

Banned
I like the backround, but I'm not really liking Hale and the Chimeras. Imo they should keep the backround, but have Hale looking the other way around. Also remove the chimeras. Essentially it would be Hale watching the Chimeran ships tearing the bridge to pieces, helpless to do anything about it. I thought they were going for a sense of desparation in the game, so it would reflect that I guess.

Here's a quick sketch! Your eyes have been warned.

http://i35.tinypic.com/2ai3eb8.jpg

Yeah I'm bored.

Top Bottom