• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

DigiMish

Can't believe fuel grenades is a retailer pre-order bonus considering how cool and iconic they are to the Resistance universe. Sigh.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So it looks like ill miss the MyResistance.net unlocks. Bummer.
I got all the journals yesterday, damn the story is pretty good. (And the ending is not so happy if you read Malikov's Journals)

TEH-CJ

Banned
ThisWreckage said:
I was left entirely underwhelmed when it comes to this game. I have no idea, it boggles the mind, how a rushed, first attempt on the PS3 ended up being the best Resistance game.

This.

Just beat it. Loved the campaign but have to say is that really it?
I make it back home safe and sound and the resistance is apparently slowly overwhelming the Chimera? Seems like they are intentionally leaving it really open-ended/vague so the series can continue.

patsu

BruceLeeRoy said:
Just beat it. Loved the campaign but have to say is that really it?
I make it back home safe and sound and the resistance is apparently slowly overwhelming the Chimera? Seems like they are intentionally leaving it really open-ended/vague so the series can continue.

Yes, the story leaves some to the imagination.
I think the stampede of feral Chimeras caused quite a bit of chaos, allowing Capelli "safer" passage into NYC. We saw rogue Widowmakers twice, and hordes of Grimms twice in the entire game. The Chimera dominated world seems to be evolving in different directions.

patsu said:
Yes, the story leaves some to the imagination.
I think the stampede of feral Chimeras caused quite a bit of chaos, allowing Capelli "safer" passage into NYC. We saw rogue Widowmakers twice, and hordes of Grimms twice in the entire game. The Chimera dominated world seems to be evolving in different directions.

I thought we were going to get a lot more interesting story elements related to the
apparent civil wars going on within the Chimera
but they kind of just gloss over all of it.

patsu

Yea, I think they should have shown a little more
cutscenes on how the chaos caused by feral Chimeras helped Capelli infiltrate into their base, perhaps with a little Clover assistance. ^_^

MrPliskin

Banned
Sucks that I won't be able to enjoy the DLC until this weekend, but in all honesty, it's for the better. I have tons of exams this week, and the DLC would crush any hope I have of doing well, lol. At least I'll be ready to slay this weekend!

Hanmik

Completed the game yesterday.. damn a great game.. loved almost every second of my playthrough. Sucha great atmosphere .. thanks Insomniac Games for a great singleplayer game..

BUT.. then I thought I would go online and play some MP.. what the fuck is going on here..? I tried for 20 min. to join a game. Nothing worked. Tried all gamemodes more than once. And none of the games started.. once it looked like I would join a game in progress, it loaded and everything, but once the game started I got a network error..

WTF is up with multiplayer.. ? are there no people playing this game..? is it broken ..? what is going on..? people are paying for online passes but the multiplayer stuff isn´t working..? FIX this shit Insomniac..

ohh and a new game mode is out via DLC.. great... I cannot join a game of the other gamemodes, so guess I´m not going to pay for this..

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Hanmik said:
Completed the game yesterday.. damn a great game.. loved almost every second of my playthrough. Sucha great atmosphere .. thanks Insomniac Games for a great singleplayer game..

BUT.. then I thought I would go online and play some MP.. what the fuck is going on here..? I tried for 20 min. to join a game. Nothing worked. Tried all gamemodes more than once. And none of the games started.. once it looked like I would join a game in progress, it loaded and everything, but once the game started I got a network error..

WTF is up with multiplayer.. ? are there no people playing this game..? is it broken ..? what is going on..? people are paying for online passes but the multiplayer stuff isn´t working..? FIX this shit Insomniac..

ohh and a new game mode is out via DLC.. great... I cannot join a game of the other gamemodes, so guess I´m not going to pay for this..

There are plenty of people playing so not sure why you are having problems. I have none. There will be plenty of people who don't buy the new game mode so you can still play the included game-modes. Nothing to worry about.

MP is a lot of fun but it's not a very deep MP mode. Not sure what you meant by "not paying for this", maybe the online pass if you got it used? You loved the SP part obviously so you got something out of the game.

I will say though that the new game mode should have been included. There are too few game modes included in the main game for a three year developed game.

Hanmik

Thunderbear said:
There are plenty of people playing so not sure why you are having problems. I have none. There will be plenty of people who don't buy the new game mode so you can still play the included game-modes. Nothing to worry about.

MP is a lot of fun but it's not a very deep MP mode. Not sure what you meant by "not paying for this", maybe the online pass if you got it used? You loved the SP part obviously so you got something out of the game.

I will say though that the new game mode should have been included. There are too few game modes included in the main game for a three year developed game.

I tried for 20 min. to play some MP.. only empty lobbies or lobbies with the same 2-3 people.. I´m not lying, I waited for several minutes in most lobbies, but people just left when they saw that nothing happened.. I played the Beta and it worked fine there..

I said I will not be paying for a new game mode, if I cannot even join the existing gamemodes. That´s what I meant by saing no money from me.. I have input my MP code, and I was ready to join the online fun yesterday.. but nope there was no way to start a game yesterday.

Beat the game. It was amazing, and I really wish it was the first of the series. I liked the human aspect of the game, and it's a shame we might not see any more of it ( for a while).

What's up with the New Game Plus? Can I start a new game with all my weapons?

Loudninja

JB1981 said:
Can you post the info here? PSblog is blocked at work.
DLC is already out:
The Invasion mode forces Human and Chimeran teams to divide their resources with the goal of holding multiple control nodes on the map simultaneously. The more nodes your team holds, the faster you score points – and thus, achieve victory. There is a lot of deep strategy in determining which nodes to attack, as well as how many players should hang back to defend your nodes while retaining enough offensive force to successfully attack enemy nodes. We hope you enjoy it!

That’s not all though – the Survival DLC pack includes special
multiplayer skins of some of the major survivors from the game: Herbert, Glenda, Jean, and Charlie.
You’ll also get a bonus Resistance 3 Survivor Concept Art Static XMB Theme.
Had to spolier that part not everyone beat the game yet :)

canadian crowe said:
Beat the game. It was amazing, and I really wish it was the first of the series. I liked the human aspect of the game, and it's a shame we might not see any more of it ( for a while).

What's up with the New Game Plus? Can I start a new game with all my weapons?
No, but there is a cheat where you can start with all of them.You upgrades will stay, and you have to fine all of them again without the cheat.

patsu

Hanmik said:
I tried for 20 min. to play some MP.. only empty lobbies or lobbies with the same 2-3 people.. I´m not lying, I waited for several minutes in most lobbies, but people just left when they saw that nothing happened.. I played the Beta and it worked fine there..

I said I will not be paying for a new game mode, if I cannot even join the existing gamemodes. That´s what I meant by saing no money from me.. I have input my MP code, and I was ready to join the online fun yesterday.. but nope there was no way to start a game yesterday.

Where are you located ?

MrPliskin said:
Didn't 1.04 address the move controls? I honestly can't remember, lol.

1.05 will be out next week in all likelihood. It could hit Sony this week, but it'll ultimately depend on how fast Sony can get it through all the different regions for deployment. I'd say next week just to be safe (and not get our hopes up!).

Thanks! Btw in 1.04 was no patch for Move. Can't wait for 1.05 :D

Radec

I think I'm done with the MP. Still can't get over with those rocket launchers on almost every match I'm in.

Worst than noob-tubers on MW2. :/

If only they added a coop mode on the DLC. It will be bought even @ $19.99!

Rolf NB

FFFffffffuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!1

I imported a UK copy. The code for the online pass is actually EU-wide. I could redeem it on my local store and got two passes, one for the UK version, and another for some other localized version(s). I thought that was a completely awesome, pro-consumer move.

But not with the DLC! UK disc only accepts UK store DLC. And I don't have money in my UK store wallet. Sucks. Decisions, decisions.

Melchiah

Rolf NB said:
FFFffffffuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!1

I imported a UK copy. The code for the online pass is actually EU-wide. I could redeem it on my local store and got two passes, one for the UK version, and another for some other localized version(s). I thought that was a completely awesome, pro-consumer move.

But not with the DLC! UK disc only accepts UK store DLC. And I don't have money in my UK store wallet. Sucks. Decisions, decisions.

o_O

I also got two passes, EU & UK, which I downloaded both. So does that mean I can't buy DLCs from the EU store?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Radec said:
I think I'm done with the MP. Still can't get over with those rocket launchers on almost every match I'm in.

we are going to nerf the rocket launcher.

MrPliskin

Banned
Radec said:

Co-op DLC is coming this year-ish. It is coming though.

Corto

Ahhhhhhh Just finished campaign! What a ride! What a ride! Loved the final fight and the skirmishes that followed with Capelli "limited". Loved the easter egg with Jack, Capelli's Son,
holding a toy Hydra Tank from Ratchet
Great nod to the fans. Just found some transitions from game to cutscene really abrupt, loved the tension, the weapon wheel, the pace of the game. Great single player! Kudos Insomniac, I just hope that Sony let you guys build from this game a great sequel. This deserves to be the new foundation for the franchise.

highrider

Banned
a horde type mode would be purchased by me with a quickness. i'm picturing 3 or 4 atomizer bursts with 20 marksman turrets, clouds of mutant gas everywhere... aww yeah.

patsu

Limit the ammo of the launcher ! 8^P

Same for Atomizer.

Perhaps allow them to carry one more weapon by default.

The higher level folks should just learn to switch weapons in the wheel more.

Loudninja

someday said:
So incredibly happy to hear that!!! They were driving me insane last night. The wildfire is so much worse than the laark ever was.
Eh the LARRK was a one hit kill, good to hear its getting tone down though.

OK I just got the Doomsday bundle last night so I'm playing it with Move. I feel like I'm relearning how to play FPS's all over again, it's cool but also a bit like trying to pat my head and rub my tummy at the same time (while under enemy fire.)

Any suggestions on tweaking the settings or anything to make it a little easier, or do I just need to get used to it?

vDaedalus

Hmm? Why would the ammo beacon not give the Wildfire ammo? If anything, the regen should be a little slower perhaps. I think Wildfire nerfs should come in the form of a slower shooting speed like the Rossmore and maybe a single or double shooting limit instead of three.

Maybe something like:

-If 2 rounds then slower reload and slightly longer time before next shot

or

-If 1 round then same reload and same time before next shot

Rossmore is still pretty beastly btw. :)

MrPliskin

Banned
Neuromancer said:
OK I just got the Doomsday bundle last night so I'm playing it with Move. I feel like I'm relearning how to play FPS's all over again, it's cool but also a bit like trying to pat my head and rub my tummy at the same time (while under enemy fire.)

Any suggestions on tweaking the settings or anything to make it a little easier, or do I just need to get used to it?

Honestly, using the Sharpshooter really is a brand new learning experience, and requires some serious mastery. It's really fun once you get accustomed to it, but for me it was more of a novelty, and now I use it almost exclusively for lightgun games.

The most accurate experience with move, IMO, is to use it without any attachments (i.e. just the move and nav). Naturally, you lose some of that "immersion" but it still has a very distinct feel when compared to traditional control methods.

Radec

Globalresistance down ?

I keep getting this:

Welcome to the
Global Resistance Beta

Global Resistance Beta is coming.

Check back soon.

Visit MyResistance.net | Visit Forums

Would like to deploy my last hybrids so I can get the dummy skin!

MrPliskin said:
Honestly, using the Sharpshooter really is a brand new learning experience, and requires some serious mastery. It's really fun once you get accustomed to it, but for me it was more of a novelty, and now I use it almost exclusively for lightgun games.

The most accurate experience with move, IMO, is to use it without any attachments (i.e. just the move and nav). Naturally, you lose some of that "immersion" but it still has a very distinct feel when compared to traditional control methods.
Speaking of light gun games, are there any out now you can recommend?

I am definitely getting HotD: Overkill, truth be told it's the main reason I picked up a Move.

MrPliskin

Banned
Neuromancer said:

I am definitely getting HotD: Overkill, truth be told it's the main reason I picked up a Move.

Dead Space Extraction isn't too bad, I enjoyed it. Time Crisis is a steal (3 games for one price isn't bad, really fun party game). The Shoot isn't bad either, it has a fairly decent amount of content, and it's littered with collectibles so you can replay it quite a few times to unlock new content. The only thing that blows about the Shoot is that you need to play through each scenario before it's available for 2 player mode (makes ZERO sense).

JB1981 - Definitly. Since the competitive MP is so heavily influenced by R2s co-op, it only makes sense to have a horde mode. In fact, I'd say it might even make more sense, since you can build your class. They just need to make sure there is match making for co-op and not invite only, otherwise it's doomed!

Also, for anyone interested, you can donate some funds to a charity and play some games with the folks from Insomniac. I'd definitely recommend it if you want to have fun with some guy's from the studio and maybe pick their brains for some fun "inside the industry" chat.

Here's the details: http://www.insomniacgames.com/insomniac-supports-extra-life-play-with-us/

I'll be doing a pub crawl (Crawl for Cancer), so I can't participate. May donate anyway though!

Neuromancer said:

Dead Space: Extraction is pretty high up there. I also really enjoyed The Shoot, but I can see that the art style might not be something for everybody, but it can be quite challenging/rewarding if you go for high combo scores. It also has some nice variety with all the different themes.
Time Crisis Collection was half-good. Razing Storm with NavCon felt just wrong and was more along the lines of Resident Evil in terms of control. The pirate game was quite neat though. If you can pick it up real cheap, you might want to give it a chance.

If in doubt, TTP has covered pretty much all of them, I think - at least Dead Space.

edit: beaten, but now you heard the same impressions from two people ;-)

Cornbread78

jstevenson said:
we are going to nerf the rocket launcher.

Good news, because it is pretty bad online when playing against a team of ammo beacon/wildfire spammers! Increased reload time and reduced ammo at the same time plz...

Top Bottom