• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Neuromancer said:
Speaking of light gun games, are there any out now you can recommend?

I am definitely getting HotD: Overkill, truth be told it's the main reason I picked up a Move.

Sorry for the OT but I have a limited Overkill preview code here and... well, it's not that great I'm afraid.

30fps (with slowdowns) and rather uninspired gameplay. Long, terribly looking and unskippable cutscenes with LOTS of swearing. This is *nothing* like the HOTD of old.

Go get Dead Space Extraction now.

MrPliskin

Banned
bobbytkc said:
a horde mode for resistance 3 would be perfect! somebody tell Ted price!

While they're at it, tell him to look into LAN support :p

TTP said:
Sorry for the OT but I have a limited Overkill preview code here and... well, it's not that great I'm afraid.

30fps (with slowdowns) and rather uninspired gameplay. Long, terribly looking and unskippable cutscenes with LOTS of swearing. This is *nothing* like the HOTD of old.

That's unfortunate :( I don't mind the 30fps, but the swearing kinda bothers me.

MrPliskin said:
Dead Space Extraction isn't too bad, I enjoyed it. Time Crisis is a steal (3 games for one price isn't bad, really fun party game). The Shoot isn't bad either, it has a fairly decent amount of content, and it's littered with collectibles so you can replay it quite a few times to unlock new content. The only thing that blows about the Shoot is that you need to play through each scenario before it's available for 2 player mode (makes ZERO sense).
kingschiebi said:
Dead Space: Extraction is pretty high up there. I also really enjoyed The Shoot, but I can see that the art style might not be something for everybody, but it can be quite challenging/rewarding if you go for high combo scores. It also has some nice variety with all the different themes.
Time Crisis Collection was half-good. Razing Storm with NavCon felt just wrong and was more along the lines of Resident Evil in terms of control. The pirate game was quite neat though. If you can pick it up real cheap, you might want to give it a chance.

If in doubt, TTP has covered pretty much all of them, I think - at least Dead Space.

edit: beaten, but now you heard the same impressions from two people ;-)
OK thanks for the impressions guys. I'll give those all a shot. I played DS:E on the Wii and wasn't real impressed but maybe I'll give it another try.

TTP said:

Eh, loved it on the Wii. Can't imagine it's any worse.

MrPliskin

Banned
Loudninja said:
Eh guys we have to play sometime we have not played together in awhile.

When my account comes back to life I'll get on. Maybe Friday Night or sometimes Saturday (though I'll be doing a pub crawl from noon to...whenever). We'll see what kind of shape I'm in. I've been playing the SP with my new Astro's and it's AMAZING.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Loudninja said:
Eh guys we have to play sometime we have not played together in awhile.
Tonight. Me. You. The Chimera.

LETS GO.
Is 1.05 live? Does it include the free maps?

Loudninja

Fersis said:
Tonight. Me. You. The Chimera.

LETS GO.
Is 1.05 live? Does it include the free maps?
Yeah, if I am not sleep! ;) no the new patch is not live yet.

MrPliskin said:
When my account comes back to life I'll get on. Maybe Friday Night or sometimes Saturday (though I'll be doing a pub crawl from noon to...whenever). We'll see what kind of shape I'm in. I've been playing the SP with my new Astro's and it's AMAZING.
Ok you guys got the new DLC?I like the new mode actually.

NeoUltima

Jesus Christ.
So I beat/rented the game over the weekend and am trying to delete the game data to make space on my hard drive...but it won't fucking delete. It's been saying "Deleting...Please wait." for the last 30 minutes.

I don't want to hard shut-off my ps3 in the middle of this, for fear of hurting my hard drive. Is it ever going to finish?

As for the game itself, I thought it was great up until the final area. Not that the final area was bad but, I expected more. Like maybe a unique boss or something. It just didn't feel climatic enough.

Still, damn fine game. One of the better FPS campaigns I've played.

I wanna say I liked R3 better than R1, but it's been too long since I played R1 to make a fair comparison. R3 is way better than R2 at least (and I did not hate R2, I thought the campaign was solid).

edit:
GraveRobberX said:
Also a HUGE FUCK YOU to Insomniac Games, it took me FUCKING 1 hour and 5 minutes to DELETE 2.1GB of game data, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!
Really!?!, fucking FALLOUT 3, installed almost 8GB's worth of fucking data, I press delete, a minutes and some seconds later, completely vanished, fucking infuriating
O whew, glad to see I am not the only one. Still this sucks :/ I had planned on starting up Rage tonight.

Pikma

Banned
Loudninja said:
Yeah, if I am not sleep! ;) no the new patch is not live yet.

Ok you guys got the new DLC?I like the new mode actually.

What's the new mode all about? I may get it if it's worth it. O:

Loudninja

Pikma said:
What's the new mode all about? I may get it if it's worth it. O:
Its like the other mode chain reaction,but you don't have to push a button, you must fine points and hold them for as long as possible.You can spawn at the points as well.

Raonak

Banned
The DLC is a weird thing. From what I can tell, it doesn't have maps, only skins, theme and new game mode. No trophies either :(

I tried gettig in a match, but not much people seem to have it. Hopefully the co-op dlc will be good. because this one was lacking imo. (though it was pretty cheap, so thats ok.)

Loudninja

Raonak said:
The DLC is a weird thing. From what I can tell, it doesn't have maps, only skins, theme and new game mode. No trophies either :(

I tried gettig in a match, but not much people seem to have it. Hopefully the co-op dlc will be good. because this one was lacking imo. (though it was pretty cheap, so thats ok.)
Yeah really cant wait for the co-op DLC,does no matter what type of co-op it is am excited.

Loudninja

MP Tweaks
***Please don't take this list as finalized until we actually push these changes.
Wildfire - We have made it so you have to lock on after each shot. We have also increased the time between shots.

CTF - We have reduced the amount of time it takes to reset the flag.

Turret - We have lowered the turret health

Chain Reaction - We have lowered the amount of time it take to take the final mode (30sec down to 15sec I believe). After playing this it feels much better and doesn't result in stalemates as much.

Matchmaking - We have made some more adjustments to game balancing. Pairing more lower level people with lower level people.

Leapers - We have reduced the number of leapers by one. ie- Level 1 is 2 leapers now. Level 2 is 2 leapers and 1 spitter.

Invasion - We are considering doubling the amount of points, so games last longer and are more competitive.

-----

Some of these things require the next patch (1.05), some will be changed prior to that. After the patch comes out we will monitor how things are playing. Please continue to give feedback, as it is very helpful.

Thanks!
http://www.insomniacgames.com/community/index.php?topic=57794.0

Cornbread78

Anybody playing the MP of this game this weekend? I haven't seen anyone in the GAF chat in a couple weeks. All teh R3 folk have moved to Dark Souls it appears.....

Loudninja

Cornbread78 said:
Anybody playing the MP of this game this weekend? I haven't seen anyone in the GAF chat in a couple weeks. All teh R3 folk have moved to Dark Souls it appears.....
I will play. :)

Grayfox341 said:
Looking for people to play Invasion mode with. No one seems to be on. PSN ID is GTRich.
Yeah I got it,I don't think I have enough room to send you a request.Some else have to send it than invite him to the chatroom.

KingK

Ken Masters said:
how long is the SP? basically, is it worth it if I have zero intention of touching MP

SP took me somewhere around 9 hours on hard, I think. If you think you might be interested in playing co-op through the campaign with anyone, in addition to single player, I'd say it's worth the full price. If you think you'll just play through it once in single player, you might want to hold off for a price drop.

I've dabbled in multiplayer, but it was broken at first and I eventually got sidetracked with other games, but I'd say it was worth it just for the awesome single player and co-op campaign.

edit: speaking of multiplayer, I've been really wanting to get back into it (i'm only like level 16), but I just can't find the time! Between all of my classwork, and finishing up ICO/Shadow of the Colossus collection, followed by Batman next week, and Uncharted 3 a couple weeks later, then Skyrim, I'm probably not really going to get into it again unless I end up having a lot more time than I thought.

Corto

Ken Masters said:
how long is the SP? basically, is it worth it if I have zero intention of touching MP

I've clocked 11ish hours at normal setting. Completely worth it just for the SP. As someone already said it's highly replayable with the co-op campaign, alternate paths on the levels that let you choose a more deliberate or a guns blazing approach and a thing that I thought was lost this gen: cheats. You earn credits for playing the game that you can then use when you finish the SP to buy cheats that will give a completely different experience3 on a second run through the game. An all weapons cheat, an infinite ammo, a regenerative health one that will completely change your pace through the game, great, well worth the price campaign!

OK just finished chapter 3, this game is pretty awesome. Love the Bullseye so much!

Hey has anyone bothered to get the bloody hell cheat? I guess you have to play that Global Resistance flash game and deploy 10K troops, any idea how long that would take?

Radec

Neuromancer said:
OK just finished chapter 3, this game is pretty awesome. Love the Bullseye so much!

Hey has anyone bothered to get the bloody hell cheat? I guess you have to play that Global Resistance flash game and deploy 10K troops, any idea how long that would take?

Less than a week.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
MrPliskin said:
Pretty pumped about the MP tweaks, looks great! They keep fixing tons of stuff, I'm digging it.

...now about that LAN support...

well, in terms of tweaks, Vitti is working hard to do as much as we can with the configs.

big changes like LAN support are probably out though

MrPliskin

Banned
jstevenson said:
well, in terms of tweaks, Vitti is working hard to do as much as we can with the configs.

big changes like LAN support are probably out though
Oh, I know. I just have this "thing" for preserving games for my kids and their friends (whenever I have kids, that is). It's just a shame there are so many MP experiences they'll never get to enjoy. I know lan would require a big fundamental change in your network infrastructure, just ribbing :p

Kudo's though, keep up the work.

Played this in 3D... Nice stuff. Noticed things I haven't before. Like after taking a break from running with the core, you're in that room and there's a couple pans hanging from the ceiling. I shot at one and it swung around in 3D. Twas neat.

Loudninja said:
jstevenson are you satisfied with the sales so far?
Must be a bummer i think. Timing might have been a factor here. I still want to play and buy it, but the amount of high quality games (and multiplayer related games too) these last four months of the year is just stagering.

Too little time.

Loudninja

Wildfire - We have made it so you have to lock on after each shot. We have also increased the time between shots.

CTF - We have reduced the amount of time it takes to reset the flag.

Turret - We have lowered the turret health

Chain Reaction - We have lowered the amount of time it take to take the final node (30sec down to 15sec I believe). After playing this it feels much better and doesn't result in stalemates as much.

Matchmaking - We have made some more adjustments to game balancing. Pairing more lower level people with lower level people.

Leapers - We have reduced the number of leapers by one. ie- Level 1 is 2 leapers now. Level 2 is 2 leapers and 1 spitter.

Invasion - We are doubling the amount of points, so games last longer and are more competitive.
http://www.insomniacgames.com/community/index.php?topic=57794.0

The ones in bold are live now, the ones left will be in the 1.05 patch.

test_account

XP-39C²
"Wildfire - We have made it so you have to lock on after each shot. We have also increased the time between shots.

Turret - We have lowered the turret health"

Great changes! :)

patsu

I thought they were live last night ^_^

Game felt different. E.g., flag return seemed faster last night. Same for my turret life. Seemed shorter.

Rolf NB

Always-honest said:
Must be a bummer i think. Timing might have been a factor here. I still want to play and buy it, but the amount of high quality games (and multiplayer related games too) these last four months of the year is just stagering.

Too little time.
I still don't get it. It's the best Resistance campaign and has great multiplayer, too. What is it even competing with this time? No other fpses or obvious online goto-games came out anywhere near it. Not on PS3 anyway.

Loudninja

1.05 details so far:
  • Fixed some smaller framerate issues
  • Split screen optimization
  • 2 free Maps
  • Wildfire - We have made it so you have to lock on after each shot. We have also increased the time between shot.
  • Chain Reaction - We have lowered the amount of time it take to take the final node (30sec down to 15sec I believe). After playing this it feels much better and doesn't result in stalemates as much.
  • Leapers - We have reduced the number of leapers by one. ie- Level 1 is 2 leapers now. Level 2 is 2 leapers and 1 spitter.
This is not an official list btw.

Top Bottom