• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

Effect

I wonder if there is any chance of Resistance 1 and 2 being patched to include Move controls. Would love to finish up Resistance 1 and finally play R2. Don't know if it's possible to simply take the Move code for R3 and just apply it to the other games but would be nice.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Effect said:
I wonder if there is any chance of Resistance 1 and 2 being patched to include Move controls. Would love to finish up Resistance 1 and finally play R2. Don't know if it's possible to simply take the Move code for R3 and just apply it to the other games but would be nice.

If they are not prepared to invest any-time into implementing Trophies into RFoM then I doubt very much they'd be prepared to spend time patching in Move controls into RFoM & R2.

Reckoner

lowrider007 said:
If they are not prepared to invest any-time into implementing Trophies into RFoM then I doubt very much they'd be prepared to spend time patching in Move controls into RFoM & R2.
it'd be so good to have some trophies on Resistance: FoM. I'm thinking on replaying it, but it'd be a really good rewarding incentive to do so.

spats

haha, found an early EU copy so couldn't resist buying it. Will propably start playing tonight.

The retailer clearly doesn't give a fuck about street dates, at least for Sony games. They had KZ3 like a week early too.

Ashes

Banned
spats said:
haha, found an early EU copy so couldn't resist buying it. Will propably start playing tonight.

The retailer clearly doesn't give a fuck about street dates, at least for Sony games. They had KZ3 like a week early too.

Uk?

spats

Ashes1396 said:

Finland.

edit:

072.JPG

Effect

How is the story recap handle in the game? For those that didn't play R1 or R2? Does it not bother at al? Does it quickly gloss over it? Give some detail of events?

btkadams

Effect said:
How is the story recap handle in the game? For those that didn't play R1 or R2? Does it not bother at al? Does it quickly gloss over it? Give some detail of events?
if you don't want to play the first two, just read the wiki plots!

Ah, man :(. The R3 pistol has to be one of the worst pistols that I can recall in recent memory (going purely on video footage, of course). Its seriously horrendous sound is matched only by its seriously horrendous animation.

I am loving the Marksman rifle in the beta, however.

Loudninja

Effect said:
Yes when you are installing the game a motion comic will play to bring you up to speed.

nofi

Loudninja said:
Yes when you are installing the game a motion comic will play to bring you up to speed.

Yeah. It's really cool, too. Very quick (not nearly long enough to cover the install time, mine was at about 25% when it finished) but lovely.

Are you guys most excited about the SP/co-op or the multiplayer? Just curious because I haven't heard much about the former, which is the reason I'd be picking this up.

Also no reviews yet huh?

Tambini

Neuromancer said:
Are you guys most excited about the SP/co-op or the multiplayer? Just curious because I haven't heard much about the former, which is the reason I'd be picking this up.

Also no reviews yet huh?

More excited about the single player, I have other games for multiplayer.
Got it on preorder though :)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Neuromancer said:

Also no reviews yet huh?
I'm most excited for the SP but that's probably because I've been in the beta since July. The beta has actually gotten me more excited for MP though. I usually have considered Resistance an SP only series for me but once I found a loadout that worked for me in the beta i started doing really well and enjoying it a hell of a lot more than the MP in the other two.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
mickcenary said:
Ah, man :(. The R3 pistol has to be one of the worst pistols that I can recall in recent memory (going purely on video footage, of course). Its seriously horrendous sound is matched only by its seriously horrendous animation.

I am loving the Marksman rifle in the beta, however.

wat? best weapon in the game.

patsu

Wow, good to hear these SP impressions.

James, are you going to release the MP3 of the epic voice mail ?

darkwing

Neuromancer said:

Also no reviews yet huh?

MP, reached the max in the Beta twice, can't wait to get the whole skill set

jstevenson said:
wat? best weapon in the game.
No way. Marksman reigns supreme. That and the Rossmore are truly bad-ass weapons in this game. I've barely used the revolver, and I wanna say I'm pretty close to the end. Not crapping on the gun, I just find everything else more fun to use.

Loudninja

ConradCervantes said:
No way. Marksman reigns supreme. That and the Rossmore are truly bad-ass weapons in this game. I've barely used the revolver, and I wanna say I'm pretty close to the end.
20 chapters in the game.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
ConradCervantes said:
No way. Marksman reigns supreme. That and the Rossmore are truly bad-ass weapons in this game. I've barely used the revolver, and I wanna say I'm pretty close to the end.

and that's the beauty of R3, everyone will have their own fav :)

patsu said:
I hope the harder difficulty forces me to use every weapon (run out of ammo ! ^_^).

The section they showed of Minetown way back seemed to suggest that ammo could get scarce in certain situations meaning clever use of the weapon wheel and which weapon for certain enemies.

As I recall the second half of that video had the player low on Marksman, Deadeye and Auger ammo. It really added to the tension in the video.

CAN'T WAIT!

patsu

Yap ! I love it when I scrapped through with 0 or little ammo left.

Yesterday, pwonager, Pikma, Vasilisk, Dave1988 and I did a few R3 run. I think we won all rounds except one. Not sure which round, it was 10000 vs 10000 points but we probably died slightly earlier in a double death. 8^(

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
patsu said:
I hope the harder difficulty forces me to use every weapon (run out of ammo ! ^_^).

I know it will on difficult, I was just at home playing through St Louis and at one point I was out of Atomizer, out of Shotgun, out of Magnum, out of Auger shields, and out of marksman and I was fighting a brawler. No bueno (but fun!)

Loudninja

JPS Resistance 3 Hands-On Preview
Although we only had 60 minutes of gameplay time, Resistance 3 is shaping up to be a very action-packed title. The pacing is so fast paced and there’s never a dull moment. You’re immediately forced to fight for your life and it really gets your heart pumping the moment you first pull the trigger. I cannot comment whether it’s looking to be better than its predecessors since I have not played them, however I do know that Resistance 3 is appearing to be one title all PS3 gamers should look out for.
http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/07/29/resistance-3-hands-on-preview/

Resistance 3 Hands-on Preview
Based on the preview build I played, Resistance 3 will be a superb addition to the PS3’s growing library of exclusives when it releases next month. The series already had a unique identity, but the latest entry strengthens its position as a stand-out FPS in an increasingly overpopulated market. Gamers looking for an epic shooter with high production values, rewarding gameplay mechanisms and some of the most exciting weapons in the business need look no further than Insomniac’s latest offering.
http://www.el33tonline.com/past_article/2011/9/2/resistance_3_handson_preview_again/

I was playing the Beta and i am sucking big time. It took a while to figure out how to change weapons. I forgot all the controls about the Resistance games.

darkwing

Loudninja said:
I dont think I be there day one with mutiplayer ,spoliers in the maps ya know?

ahh I just now realized this, crap, anyways, why are you a junior member?? but you are the OP!

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
spats said:

I hate you, especially since I can see you playing the game on my friends list. RAAAGH!

Top Bottom