• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Redbox'd this due to the online pass bullshit. I'm actually enjoying it alot. Nice particle effects, but it sure would look much better in proper HD. It's such a relief playing a game without regenerating health. Makes everything much more intense.

KingK

Just finished the game. Somewhat disappointing ending, but definitely not bad. Overall the game was amazing. Much better than I expected.

Regarding the ending, I'm kinda glad that (ending spoilers)
Capelli survived. Most of the time I hate it if the protagonist dies at the end. Like, when Hale bit it, I was like Whhhhhat!?

Grisby

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Capelli survived. Most of the time I hate it if the protagonist dies at the end. Like, when Hale bit it, I was like Whhhhhat!?

Yeah, I'm not invested in the R series that much but the ending in itself was nice and fitting.

You guys weren't kidding about the VO extra video. Some funny stuff.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:

I actually think it would have been better if
he DID die. I mean the VTOL flying downward like that, and just the whole end sequence itself was SO PREPOSTEROUS. lol I mean, I think it would have been fitting if Capelli gave himself to save everyone else since he was the last remnant of the SRPA forces, and all his teammates had fallen. I actually think that they probably had him dying at the end, but changed it pretty late on. It's the worst part in the game in my opinion.

Mush

theAntagonist said:
he DID die. I mean the VTOL flying downward like that, and just the whole end sequence itself was SO PREPOSTEROUS. lol I mean, I think it would have been fitting if Capelli gave himself to save everyone else since he was the last remnant of the SRPA forces, and all his teammates had fallen. I actually think that they probably had him dying at the end, but changed it pretty late on. It's the worst part in the game in my opinion.
Agreed. As soon as I saw the VTOL I was like "Really? Really?"

LifEndz

theAntagonist said:

Same here. I thought
he should've died in that final scene. They could've made the last fight like Halo Reach in that you fight until your eventual death.

And why is there no Horde mode in this game? With the new enemy types that would be incredible.

Ashes

Banned
It only takes one person to spoil the ending... I ain't even mad... :p

Maybe we should have a new spoiler tag free thread?

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Ashes1396 said:
It only takes one person to spoil the ending... I ain't even mad... :p

Maybe we should have a new spoiler tag free thread?

I agree. I don't want to quote the spoiler or the post but A tag-free thread would be nice.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Spoil all story discussion. Why be cute with spoilers? Just spoil everything. I have already banned for it. Stop it.

Himself

Eh. I think
if they killed off Capelli it would have seemed a bit forced, cliche, too melodramatic. It makes perfect sense that he finished the mission and went back to his wife. Now that I'm playing again I noticed they get married in the prologue. Am I crazy or does it show them getting married again in one of the postcard thingys during the ending?

Y2Kev

Himself said:
Eh. I think
if they killed off Capelli it would have seemed a bit forced, cliche, too melodramatic. It makes perfect sense that he finished the mission and went back to his wife. Now that I'm playing again I noticed they get married in the prologue. Am I crazy or does it show them getting married again in one of the postcard thingys during the ending?
Yeah, you are crazy. They
visit Fyodor Malikov's grave and walk out of the Nathan Hale cemetery together. But no marriage.

Ashes

Banned
Mush said:
I don't understand how that was that bad of a spoiler. :/

You are awesome in the GT5 thread Mush, but come on, revealing what happens in the ending, is a bit of a spoiler... no? :p

Ain't a launch week thread, without a spoiler or two...

btw, we, resistance 3 threaders, should collaborate perhaps on a review for gaf or something.

Ashes

Banned
Shadow780 said:
Is there really no way to buy survivor edition online? WTFisthis?

Last J.S spoke, it really was limited run, and only in europe. I managed to snap a the special edition for 4 quid extra than the normal price ones though, and I'm sure he said those were out of stock as well... I think... OKay, I'm not totally sure now.

So, I played more of the multiplayer with the Move today. I came to the conclusion that ADS and grenades should be switched on the controller. Makes me wish there wasn't that stupid violation for changing button configuration on the Move. Also, I wish the gun wouldn't move when using ADS, because it makes it really difficult to kill anyone when they are far away cause of the gun sway. The ADS is fine when using the DS3, but with the Move it's a different story at least for me anyways.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Man this game is not easy on the later levels, tbh I can't even remember the last time I was challenged this much on normal :-/, those of you that completed this only dying a few times must be very good, RFoM is a cakewalk compared this this.

Ashes

Banned
lowrider007 said:
Man this game is not easy on the later levels, tbh I can't even remember the last time I was challenged this much on normal :-/, those of you that completed this only dying a few times must be very good, RFoM is a cakewalk compared this this.

Oh I don't know. I can't remember a place where I've died over and over again. Maybe I haven't reached your place yet? I think I'm around chapter 17.

Y2Kev

Ashes1396 said:
Oh I don't know. I can't remember a place where I've died over and over again. Maybe I haven't reached your place yet? I think I'm around chapter 17.
keeping going, lol

zlatko

Banned
lowrider007 said:

I just completed it on difficult and died a whopping 5 times, one of which was due to a glitch.

There was only 2 parts of the game that felt interesting at all to me, and the rest was super uninspiring and dull. The ending did nothing for me either.

Malikov getting beheaded, and the following sledge hammer fiesta in the prison were the only moments to take away from the game for me that I mention above.
Everything else in the game just was a straight line filled with uninteresting characters, and even Joe himself was lame compared to his hard ass self in R2. Hale was a better protagonist.

I think invisible walls sort of said it best on their last episode on gametrailers, that the game is a good by the book shooter, and if you pick it up you'll probably enjoy your time with it, but even if you pass on it, you won't be missing a game worth writing home about.

JB1981

The multi really is garbage. Death lag, stutter, killed out of nowhere, situational awareness is shIt. What a MESS. And how odd seeing that these guys made the extremely polished R1. What the hell happened ?

JB1981 said:
The multi really is garbage. Death lag, stutter, killed out of nowhere, situational awareness is shIt. What a MESS. And how odd seeing that these guys made the extremely polished R1. What the hell happened ?
Thats what I want to know, its frustrating.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
JB1981 said:

It's the same for me. The only thing I can play is small deathmatch but that's not much fun. I hope they fix it soon, because I had high hopes for the MP after playing the beta for a couple of weeks.

Ashes

Banned
Y2Kev said:
keeping going, lol

Ominous! & I'm playing on difficult... I actually thought it was good game design to reduce bottleneck like they had. Then again, most of the stuff was closed in and personal, so that must lend something to that feat.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
lastinline said:
So, I played more of the multiplayer with the Move today. I came to the conclusion that ADS and grenades should be switched on the controller. Makes me wish there wasn't that stupid violation for changing button configuration on the Move. Also, I wish the gun wouldn't move when using ADS, because it makes it really difficult to kill anyone when they are far away cause of the gun sway. The ADS is fine when using the DS3, but with the Move it's a different story at least for me anyways.

Wait, it's detached in MP?

zedge

JB1981 said:

Unfortunately this is my experience too.. Really liked the campaign.. but not feeling the multi at all. :(

Geoff9920

JB1981 said:
After spending a couple more hours playing I completely agree. Strictly speaking multiplayer, it's easily my least favorite of the series. Single player's a completely different story so far, but that's for another post.

Yeah the multiplayer is a let down so far. It has the potential to be great, but all the server issues and other little problems bring it down a lot. The sever stutter makes the core gameplay, shooting, terrible.

I have faith that it'll get better though.

patsu

Juancho9 said:
Any word on the freezing and slowdown that occurs in MP?

The last we heard is a post on Insomniac forum. It claims that they may have found the cause, and a fix is coming soon.

That's why I went back to replay SP. Will jump into MP again when the patch is available.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Online is a clusterfuck of shotgun guys. I guess I need to spend more time, since I was doing pretty well in the beta.

zlatko

Banned
I thought after the beta the multi would come out at least GOOD on launch, but this is a complete piece of shit.

Stuttering, picked classic hardcore and got capture the flag instead, they put the freeze gun in the multiplayer(DUMBEST IDEA EVER), and yet the game is still as hectic(in a bad way this time) as ever, but without the giant player count.

So glad I rented this. :/

Duffyside

Banned
Meisadragon said:
How will it add to your playtime if you pause the game? :p

I maxed out my weapons in Chapter 17. Using the secondary fire really gets the weapon a lot of XP.
I think it's in that tunnel, where you encounter four giant Chimera with the Atomizer, along with Grims and leapers.
Lots of games count your playtime when you're paused.

Kurod

Banned
Yeah the multiplayer needs a lot of work. Made me feel like pulling out R2 for some coop though. It would have been nice if an improved version had made it into this game.

Ashes

Banned
darkwing said:
looks like the servers weren't able to handle the load, beta was fine, especially the pre ps+ era

Never mind... I was gona disagree... but then I read the last part of your sentence... I will say that it was a little off in the latter stages of the beta in my experience, and they said that they had had patches for it day 1. Two 600mb patches later, they ought to have done better, no?

Top Bottom